Mango Diablo

Food Green Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chili, Green Tea, Lily Petals, Mango, Natural Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by aisling of tea

• “This one is really fun. It's spicy and sweet, and not too much of either. Using green tea as the base helps with the flavor profile - I can taste both distinctly. I'm using this as my wake-up...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “At first, I wasn't too keen on trying this one, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to taste it. I actually love the Mexican treatment of mangoes with a bit of salt, lime juice and...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 518 tasting notes
  • “Trader Joe's has these amazing dried mango slices that are soooo juicy, and they roll them in cayenne pepper for the tastiest spicy/sweet combo I've ever had. I was kind of hoping that this tea...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I decided it was time to clean up my DavidsTea stash. Drink up the second cup of samples I don’t like (to give them a second chance), and categorize things a little. So here’s the first attempt!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2352 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ay carumba

Meet mango with an attitude: this sweet and spicy blend of green tea, mango and red hot chili threads is irresistibly refreshing on ice. Mango and chili might seem like an unusual combination, but you can actually find it in sauces, salsas and salads everywhere from Thailand to Mexico. If you’re feeling adventurous, it makes for a seriously sinful cocktail with a splash of tequila and lime: exotic and fruity with a dash of fire.

Ingredients: Green tea, mango pieces, lily, chili peppers, chili threads, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

To be honest, I don’t know how I feel about this tea. The bf loves it, despite claiming he hates mango. And this tea is wha-bam mango. Also spicy, but more of a throat-spicy and not tongue-spicy, as another “drinker” pointed out. I’m not a fan of hugely spicy food, and I still haven’t decided if this is over the threshold for me, yet. I’ll have to ponder it over some more.

One of the things that I did like is that despite leaving the ball of tea in my cup for far too long as per steeping instructions on the packet, there was no bitterness like you usually get with green teas. So that’s a major plus in my books; I usually forget about my tea for up to 15 minutes before remembering to drink it. Sometimes the bitterness gets too overwhelming to finish the glass.

This gets a “sideways thumbs”. I’ll have to decide after a few more cups if I like it enough to buy it again.

Now that is a spicy meat-a-ball, er, I mean tea.
Dry, the mango smells so good. I couldn’t wait to jump in.
Steeped: I found the mango to be very weak, but I need to mention that I didn’t use as much leaves as they suggest. I very rarely do. I always find using the amount they say makes it too strong for me. This time I wonder if I should have done the amount that they suggested. At the same time, the kick of the chilis is unreal. It is definitely a spicy tea, which I’m not use to at all.
I do like this tea. It’s quite nice. It would have to be one of those ones that I reach for when I need something different and something to give me a kick.

TheKesser

I think this would be a sipping tea for me. I usually tend to drink my teas quite quickly, but this one is definitely something to sip on. I think I should only make 8oz of this at a time… not the usual 16oz.

I got this tea iced the other day and it was pretty good
I was expecting it to be a lot spicier But it there was just a spicy aftertaste
In all a good one time tea

I would love to try this iced. It’s pleasantly fruity, with a subtle, lingering heat.

Looks: Light and Golden, some tinges of green
Smells: Strong Mango
Taste: I usually like strong mango taste with my tea and didn’t find it with this one. It defiantly smells stronger than it actually is. There was a subtle tingle going down at the end that I suspect was suppose to be the heat. Not as spicy as I thought it would be but still pleasant. This wouldn’t be my goto mango tea but its still a nice drink if your looking for something to warm you up.

SPICY!! HOT!! Mango? Not so much. Maybe I need to add more dry tea than required on the package label because I found it weak and slightly watery but spicy hot. It’s so strange because to smell it in the tin, the mango makes my mouth water!! I will try it again tomorrow and we’ll see. I’m not unhappy with it because I enjoy the hotness of it, but come on mango, speak to me!!

another winner! really great mango flavour, works nicely with the green tea.
i didnt get any heat from the chilies until a few sips in, and even then it was a light tingle, which is great for me because i dont appreciate anything TOO spicy.
awesome!

Daydreamer is one of my go-to teas right now – so I was excited when I saw Mango Diablo in the store today. Brought some home, steeped it and sipping it right now!

Clean, crisp green tea with a mango flavour that is nicely balanced, not overwhelming – you can taste a hint of the chili and there is a pleasant lingering spiciness that builds as you sip it. Also excited to try it iced!

Sipdown, thankfully.

I think I used to drink this hot. Which must be the only way I could stand it. I cold brewed it the other day and ew. Something you expect to be refreshing burning your mouth is NOT a pleasant sensation. And I don’t really like very spicy foods.

I dumped it in the sink.
Good riddance to a weird tea!

Yummy! I tried this the other day and loved it. I’m really one for spicy teas so this was perfect. It left a burning aftertaste which I truly enjoyed. The spice balance with the slight hint of mango was amazing. It’s probably even better than (and hotter than) Hot Lips which is one of my two favorites!