Mango Diablo

Food Green Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chili, Green Tea, Lily Petals, Mango, Natural Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by aisling of tea

• “This one is really fun. It's spicy and sweet, and not too much of either. Using green tea as the base helps with the flavor profile - I can taste both distinctly. I'm using this as my wake-up...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “At first, I wasn't too keen on trying this one, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to taste it. I actually love the Mexican treatment of mangoes with a bit of salt, lime juice and...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “Trader Joe's has these amazing dried mango slices that are soooo juicy, and they roll them in cayenne pepper for the tastiest spicy/sweet combo I've ever had. I was kind of hoping that this tea...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I decided it was time to clean up my DavidsTea stash. Drink up the second cup of samples I don’t like (to give them a second chance), and categorize things a little. So here’s the first attempt!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ay carumba

Meet mango with an attitude: this sweet and spicy blend of green tea, mango and red hot chili threads is irresistibly refreshing on ice. Mango and chili might seem like an unusual combination, but you can actually find it in sauces, salsas and salads everywhere from Thailand to Mexico. If you’re feeling adventurous, it makes for a seriously sinful cocktail with a splash of tequila and lime: exotic and fruity with a dash of fire.

Ingredients: Green tea, mango pieces, lily, chili peppers, chili threads, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really enjoyed this tea, especially since it had a bit of kick to it. The David’s clerk actually warned me of its spice, but I don’t think it was really needed; you get the nice fruity taste with something that’s maybe a 3/10 on the spice scale. Really good for these dull last days of winter.

I really enjoy this tea, it tastes just how it sounds. I taste primarily mango with just a hint of pleasant spiciness. Normally green teas are not my favourite but this one was pretty tasty.

What a disappointing tea of the month. I was really looking forward to trying this tea, but it’s just a big flop.

It’s not that it tasted bad, it just tasted like nothing, very bland. Usually that’s not such a bad thing, but it doesn’t even taste like mango, and where is the chili? I don’t even understand the flavors in this tea. It’s more like sweetened water. Nothing special, don’t waste your money on this tea.

Sometimes wonderful things happen in this world! Things like your friend letting you spend an entire evening shopping her tea cupboard for different tastes to try. This is how I stumbled upon Mango Diablo, sitting forgotten on the back of her shelf. What luck! I had come so very close to purchasing 250 grams of this the night before (darn David’s Tea and their web specials section). Eagerly I brewed up a cup, already contemplating how to talk the BF into yet more tea. The aroma was intriguing, the brew looked great, I took a quick sip, and…. yuck? Wait, there must be something wrong. Quickly, I set it aside and tapped my toe while it cooled, another sip and… Still disappointment. The bf is thrilled for my wallet’s sake, I am just disappointed. Sweet and heat is just not for me. The mango was just too muted for me. The sweet heat from the chili showed up towards the end of the sip. Overall, this tea delivered on what it had promised, but it was not a tea I need to drink again.

Where did they get the cajones, I ask you. David S. Tea, you cowlicker! This tea is less balanced than me last payday, and steeping the vomit I extricate onto the curb would produce a finer dang blend than this!! Because my puke had some actual mango in it!! I’d had INDIAN!! Dave, don’t put stevia in every dang blend, alright? I’ve had spicier British food.

I’m beginning to suspect that DAVIDsTEA requires more steeping than usual. I steeped mine for ~2.15minutes and the taste was barely there. I’d try for 3 next time.

You can taste a slight spicy kick to it, and you can smell the sweetness of the mango flavor. The good thing is that its not too sweet, which makes this tea a drinkable option in the mornings. All in all, a solid ‘meh’ tea that I don’t really care for.

I want to like this one, but I just don’t. Love mango, love the spiciness of chili in tea, but do not like how they combine in this one. Tried it hot and cold, with sweetener and without, and can’t seem to shake that bitter bite of chili that gets caught in the back of my throat when drinking this one.

My only tea I dislike from Davidstea. The sencha combined with the chili threads can easily go bitter and the mango essence does not come through.

Interesting. I like the mango, and I don’t dislike the heat, it’s just a little bit too hot for my taste. I’ve been mixing this 3/4 Mango Diable to 1/4 my fav straight green tea. I need a bit more green to cut back the heat. All in all not bad.

This tea was really disapointing to me. I love mango madness which is really fruity and tastes just like fresh mangoes but this was more like watery, spicy, mango juice. I’m glad I only got 10g because I will not be getting any more.