Mango Diablo

Food Green Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chili, Green Tea, Lily Petals, Mango, Natural Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Mango, Spices
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by aisling of tea

• “This one is really fun. It’s spicy and sweet, and not too much of either. Using green tea as the base helps with the flavor profile – I can taste both distinctly. I’m using this...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “At first, I wasn’t too keen on trying this one, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to taste it. I actually love the Mexican treatment of mangoes with a bit of salt, lime...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 521 tasting notes
  • “Trader Joe’s has these amazing dried mango slices that are soooo juicy, and they roll them in cayenne pepper for the tastiest spicy/sweet combo I’ve ever had. I was kind of hoping that...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I decided it was time to clean up my DavidsTea stash. Drink up the second cup of samples I don’t like (to give them a second chance), and categorize things a little. So here’s the first attempt!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2970 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ay carumba

Meet mango with an attitude: this sweet and spicy blend of green tea, mango and red hot chili threads is irresistibly refreshing on ice. Mango and chili might seem like an unusual combination, but you can actually find it in sauces, salsas and salads everywhere from Thailand to Mexico. If you’re feeling adventurous, it makes for a seriously sinful cocktail with a splash of tequila and lime: exotic and fruity with a dash of fire.

Ingredients: Green tea, mango pieces, lily, chili peppers, chili threads, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was really disapointing to me. I love mango madness which is really fruity and tastes just like fresh mangoes but this was more like watery, spicy, mango juice. I’m glad I only got 10g because I will not be getting any more.

This tea is one of my favorites to enjoy at work. It’s spicy hot and gives me a boost! Overall, it tastes pretty good.

Mango and chilli. Didn’t expect to like this one, but surprise! It’s love. I expected something sweet with a hint of spice, but instead, I’m getting a whole bunch of heat with a mere hint of mango. This probably has something to do with steeping time, and the fact that I often will sit, staring at my infuser, thinking “More! Moooore! Must be stroooooooongerrrrrr!!”. I’ve heard that spices trigger your pain receptors, and pain stimulates your endorphins, so maybe there’s something to that here. Or maybe I’m just a masochist. Either way, yum.

I wasn’t sure about this one, as chili can sometimes be overwhelming in tea. It smells wonderfully of mango, both dry and steeped.

Hot, it tastes pretty good. I get a taste of mango, and then a small hit of chili at the end of each sip.

I enjoyed my cup of Mango, but I’m not sure I’ll ever crave a cup of it.

If Mango Diablo’s anything to go by, I don’t like spice in my tea. (Perhaps an iced spiced tea was a bad idea to begin with).

I found that the spice worked on me like flavourless pepper, making my throat and the back of my mouth itch and burn a little, and it overpowered the mango.

MY FAVOURITE

It’s an okay blend as far as this goes. You can taste the mango taste, and the chili. It is actually quite spicy when you steep it for a bit. I steeped it for like 30 minutes to experiment if the tea will end up spicy and I don’t taste any bitterness from the green tea from over steeping. The mango flavour kind of dulls out but is still present, and now the tea is spicy. It’s okay I guess, probably good if you’re stuffed up or something. I have not tried it with ice but I will eventually.

I had this tea iced at the store in Kitsilano, as recommended by staff there. The fact that it’s iced keeps it well balanced and from getting too spicy. It’s a nice mango green tea that’s clean and finishes with a subtle spicy kick.

Iced

Way too much spice, not enough sweet mango. It gave me a small buzz from the chilli which is good but it wasn’t too pleasant to taste really. Thankfully it was only a sampler I had.

Wow, DAVIDsTEA usually has really awesome blends, especially new ones. But this, the opposite. It’s terrible! There is barely any mango taste which is completely taken over by the chilli, this tea is so HOT! I don’t know if I just happened to get some with a lot of chillies but it is way to hot and it overpowers the mango….TERRIBLE! Don’t try unless you like El Diablo in your cup!!