Tropicalia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Cold/warm brewed this (as in, put in cold water from the Brita pitcher but left the cup on the counter for about 24h because my fridge is stuffed full of research asparagus) and it's pretty tasty....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I love you so mu-uuuuuuuch, Tropicalia. This is the first tea that has ever just had to be a staple to me. I bought 100g the first time around and have already purchased another 100g so that my tin...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Yes friends. It is *that* good. If you look at my highly outdated profile description, you'll find Pina Colada as one of my favorite flavours! The smell is spot on. It even smells sweet!...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Whoa the new format is super _weird_. I mean, I'm sure I'll adjust but it's just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what's bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1691 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Your happy place

So you want to go somewhere really exotic this summer. A place where the sun is shining and the drinks are plentiful. Where the sands are white, the water is clear and the sky is blue. No problem. Just ice yourself a cup of this herbal blend. Not only does it taste just like a piña colada, it makes you feel as happy as one too. With pineapple, coconut and little sugar hearts, the only thing missing is the paper umbrella. And a bikini.

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple cubes, coconut, rose petals, safflower blossoms, sugar hearts, marigold petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Coconut, not vegan

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown of one of two bags of this I have!

Cold brewed and drank with supper last night. In between the T&C TTB teas that I’ve been ferociously consuming lately.

This is an awesome tea. There, I said it. And it comes from Davidstea, imagine.

It’s the perfect cold brewed tea for me. I swear it was in my fridge for like 3 days before I got around to straining it and drinking it. Probably too long but whatever.

It’s very piña colada. It’s fruity, slightly creamy, coconutty…tropical and delicious.

No gross rooibos to give it an after taste, just pure deliciousness.

I have a lot of teas to get through that I’ve designated “cold brew” teas, now that it’s close to summer (not looking outside as I say this because it’s rainy and cold :/)… But I’d buy more of this.

I even think i could get my husband to try it…the anti tea drinker.
Because it’s like juice. A tasty, not super sweet or chemically enhanced juice.
Well it may be artificially flavoured a bit but that’s not noticeable to me.

Yum. Good job, DT.

Courtney

This, Luscious Watermelon, and Kiwi’s Big Adventure were my first every purchases from DT.

whatshesaid

Luscious Watermelon was one of mine too :)

Good for iced tea! Because unlike hot tea, I WANT my cold tea to be full of delicious fruity flavours. This delivers.

Courtney

Agreed. Now that summer is coming, perhaps I need to find some teas to cold brew.

I’m watching the Eurovision semi finals tonight for a bit of a giggle. Thank you Nattie for this tea.

The raw mix smells like pineapple and coconut which is nice but also a little dry. The blend is very mixed in size. Nice though so far, especially for a DavidsTea fruit blend as they are not usually to my taste.

In the mean time I’m watching the Belarus entry called ‘Cheesecake’ and though the song is awful (sorry Belarus) it’s given me a sweet craving. Now I’m hoping this tea is sweet and fruity.

The long 6 minute steep later and a burnt orange liquid is produced but it has a dusty coconut scent, more unpleasant than it’s raw form. :(
Flavour wise the coconut is heavy and sweet which is actually surprisingly nice compared to it’s scent. The other fruit is more behind the coconut and it’s hard to make it out other than to say generic tropical fruit.

Tastes just like tropical fruit juice that has been warmed up, like you’ve left it in the sun and forgot about it and when you go back to take a sip it’s warm and tangy and you end up throwing it away.

Flavors: Coconut

So thanks to my ridiculous longing, ashleyelizabeth was kind enough to send me a skerrick of this delicious and discontinued blend to try.

I don’t know if trying it has made my longing better or worse…

I hummed and haahed over how to brew this up, knowing that there was only enough for a (decent) single serve. The weather has been getting colder lately but this is the kind of blend that seems to be best served cold… aaaaaaaaaand I’ve just gotten enthralled with cold brewing. Done. Cold brewed, it is.

This ended up sitting for around 24hrs in my fridge, which was an awesome amount of time for a fruit tisane. Yum. Yum. Yum. I wish I had so much more of this in my life. Fruity and sweet and just everything I dreamed it would be.

Wah.

Iced 8 min or more
ashleyelizabeth

It already made one comeback since it’s introduction, maybe they will bring it back again this summer! It was really popular…

Great both hot and cold!

As I sip on an Iced Tropicalia soy latte, I am reminded of the warmth of summer and of time spent with friends and family at the beach. This tea brings me to a happy place! :)

Tropicalia, honestly, it had me the instant I smelled it. This is incredible. It is similar to mango fruit punch but…. welll…. better! It has a larger variety of fruits but the typical pineapple-coconut flavor stands out the most. I think it was made to taste almost like a pina colada. Well I never had a pina colada, but my reliable sources tell me that it does indeed taste like one! Great! A guilt FREE pleasure ;)

Tried this as a tea of the day… Mmmm! I wish I had tried it closer to the start of the summer because this is DELICIOUS iced!

love this as an iced tea

I’m happy I tried this one! Though this isn’t 100% pina colada to me, it’s still a really tasty smooth pineapple flavor. The coconut does come through in the creaminess and aftertaste. I only had a little bit of this, but I’m thinking of getting some more and making some popsicles because it tasted great super cold.

Boiling 8 min or more

REALLY irritated about the pre-infused sugar cubes. And who the heck wants hydrogenated oil in their tea. Read the ingredient list on the packet I bought at Davids (after brewing my first cup). What a disapointment!