Tropicalia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Cold/warm brewed this (as in, put in cold water from the Brita pitcher but left the cup on the counter for about 24h because my fridge is stuffed full of research asparagus) and it's pretty tasty....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2367 tasting notes
  • “I love you so mu-uuuuuuuch, Tropicalia. This is the first tea that has ever just had to be a staple to me. I bought 100g the first time around and have already purchased another 100g so that my tin...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “Yes friends. It is *that* good. If you look at my highly outdated profile description, you'll find Pina Colada as one of my favorite flavours! The smell is spot on. It even smells sweet!...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Whoa the new format is super _weird_. I mean, I'm sure I'll adjust but it's just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what's bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Your happy place

So you want to go somewhere really exotic this summer. A place where the sun is shining and the drinks are plentiful. Where the sands are white, the water is clear and the sky is blue. No problem. Just ice yourself a cup of this herbal blend. Not only does it taste just like a piña colada, it makes you feel as happy as one too. With pineapple, coconut and little sugar hearts, the only thing missing is the paper umbrella. And a bikini.

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple cubes, coconut, rose petals, safflower blossoms, sugar hearts, marigold petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Coconut, not vegan

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry notes- smells just like a Pina Colada
I had to have this iced. It tastes just like a Pina Colada, aside from the not creamy-ness. I think this would be great with a splash of Malibu Rum… YUM!
I really enjoyed how well the pineapple & coconut played together. My only concern, slightly too sweet. I enjoy my teas without any sweetness (unless they’re black iced teas). So next time I will avoid adding the sugar hearts that come in it.

Kittenna

Ahh, I thought it was a good amount of sweetness for me, but I like my teas sweetened (and am simply learning to live without sweetness for anything that doesn’t brew up sweet by itself!)

tattooed_tea

I love sweets, but don’t like my teas sweet (unless they’re a desert tea). I will still drink this one though, I’ll just ditch the hearts.

Smells like piña colada! Both in the package and steeped. But the flavour falls short for me. It’s definitely pineapple and coconut, but watered down, and waaaay sweeter than I’d like. I cold steeped this for about seven hours, by the way.

Gah, I wish it were more pineapple-y. Tarter. And I doubt steeping it longer or using more of the “dry leaf” would have helped. Probably would just be more sugary. Sorry, not a fan.

But it does make me want a fresh slice of pineapple.

Iced
Lynne-tea

Thank you for this post! I have been dreaming about this tea for a while.. and the bank account hasn’t been. Therefore, your post has helped me restrain even more! Yay! =)

Fjellrev

Haha glad to help. As I was straining the tea, it smelled so promising. So mind-numbingly heavenly. Like the juiciest pineapple ever. Lesigh.

Lynne-tea

Ooooh one of those teas. All smells and no tastes. Bummer every time!

This is really nice! I haven’t got around to making it at home yet, but got an iced cup to go today. I contracted my first cold in a year from a friend and am miserable, but this was nice and refreshing. Very flavourful, even from the store which is pretty remarkable as it tends to be quite watered-down that way. This is straight-up pineapple/coconut, and the coconut manages not to be soapy as in some of the other pina colada blends I’ve had.

Holy moly. This is delicious. Got this as a sample with my last order. Read some reviews on here and decided to try it iced, so cold brewed overnight and then some.
Smells just like a piña colada and is an awesome bright yellow. Tastes of super pineapple-y goodness. Not too tart, nice a sweet (did a bit of stevia). Mmmmmm. I only wish the sample had more in it!

Iced 8 min or more

Say Coconut I’m sold..
Say Pina Colada flavored I’m in love..

This smells like coconut heaven with accents of pineapple and perfect sweetness.Yes….heaven…

Once steeped (a VERY generous heaping of DT’s perfect spoonful)
smells the same but the apple starts to really come through.

but all I’m thinking is YUMMMMMM COCONUT! YUMMM PINA COLADA!

The taste is like a light refreshing pina colada sans alcohol.
Perfectly sweet,tart and refreshing.

The other tastes really come through but it’s the coconut that is the real star(as it should be!)

Cannot wait to make this iced and into an actual Pina Colada.

In my humble opinion this is the ONLY tea in the Summer collection(other then luscious watermelon) that NEEDS and deserves to be iced.

Lynne-tea

Ohh jeez now I need to try this tea! I love coconut and don’t usually drink pina coladas as they are much too much for me (I like dirty vodka martini’s personally). But this. This I could drink as a light version of a pina colada without getting all that milky aftertaste! Thanks for the inspiration and great post!

It’s a nice blend of pineapple and coconut. This was one of my free samples from David’s Tea and it’s pretty tasty :D

Boiling

I cold brewed this for about 7 hours, and once it was finished I added a couple spoonfuls of agave to the pitcher.
Also, I picked out the little hearts before brewing because of the “real carmine”, which didn’t sound appetizing. They were kind of whimsical though, I would have liked them had they not had crushed beetles in them.
This definitely does smell like pina colada. It was a little jarring because its BRIGHT yellow when poured into a glass. It’s refreshing and coconutty. Maybe a little pineappley. There was something though, and I can’t put my finger on what, that I just didn’t like about it. Like, it’s not something I would ever crave and it’s not something I could just sit down and drink a big glass of. I finished what I had made, but was glad when I was finished with it.
This one seems like it might be a strange one to brew hot because its so fruity, so I didn’t try it that way. Maybe I should have.
For me the issue may have been the coconut. I haven’t met a coconut tea that I’ve liked, so I think coconut just isn’t for me. This came in my summer tea set though, and I wanted to give it a shot.

TL;DR version: Just okay. Not bad at all, but also not good.

Iced 8 min or more
CHAroma

Crushed beetles?! WHAT???

PatchworkSheep

Carmine is a red coloring agent produced by um…how does one put this delicately…boiling dried insects. I think it’s in a lot of foods under different names, but DT listed it undisguised, presumably so their vegan customers could avoid this one. I’m not vegan, but I am nobeetletarian.

CHAroma

Oh, well…I suppose that should bother me. But it kind of doesn’t. I mean, bugs are supposed to be good for you anyway, right? And I think we eat them all the time without knowing. As long as I don’t crunch into bug parts when I eat something, it’s probably okay.

Dry: Pretty fruit and petal blend with little red heart sugar cubes. Smells very sweet, primarily like candied pineapple with a hint of coconut. I love pineapple and coconut, so high hopes!

Steeped: Brown-gold slightly cloudy liquor. Slightly concerned about the aroma- has a bit of a sour smell? Almost like hibiscus tea instead of a sweet fruit blend. I brewed it strong, so I added some cold water and the caramel and pineapple are starting to come through as it cools more.

Taste: This tastes entirely different from how it smells alone, at least to my nose. I am getting creamy coconut and pineapple with hints of apple. Quite nice! I tried it hot first and it is fruity and lovely. Cold is even better. This really shines as a summer iced tea. I think it would be a nice pick-me-up in winter when dreaming of the beach, too.

As far as fruit herbal blends go, I really like this. I know it is unorthodox, but I might try this with a dash of milk and see if it enhances the creaminess even more. If you like pina colada, then this would be a good one to try out.

Ahh summertime. Between this and Luscious Watermelon I can survive the long, seemingly never-ending winter.

I love it hot and iced. Delish. If you haven’t tried it, you should :)

Had this one iced, and it tastes exactly like a pina colada! yummy. great for the summertime :)