Tropicalia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Cold/warm brewed this (as in, put in cold water from the Brita pitcher but left the cup on the counter for about 24h because my fridge is stuffed full of research asparagus) and it's pretty tasty....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “I love you so mu-uuuuuuuch, Tropicalia. This is the first tea that has ever just had to be a staple to me. I bought 100g the first time around and have already purchased another 100g so that my tin...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Yes friends. It is *that* good. If you look at my highly outdated profile description, you'll find Pina Colada as one of my favorite flavours! The smell is spot on. It even smells sweet!...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Whoa the new format is super _weird_. I mean, I'm sure I'll adjust but it's just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what's bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1658 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Your happy place

So you want to go somewhere really exotic this summer. A place where the sun is shining and the drinks are plentiful. Where the sands are white, the water is clear and the sky is blue. No problem. Just ice yourself a cup of this herbal blend. Not only does it taste just like a piña colada, it makes you feel as happy as one too. With pineapple, coconut and little sugar hearts, the only thing missing is the paper umbrella. And a bikini.

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple cubes, coconut, rose petals, safflower blossoms, sugar hearts, marigold petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Coconut, not vegan

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown!

I’m kind of sad that I only had one sample because this was quite delicious. I tasted predominantly pineapple and coconut with a hint of citrus along the way. I steeped it hot but I can imagine this would be amazing iced like other reviews suggest.

I think I might keep this one in mind for future purchases. Very yummy.

5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

If you like Pina Colada
And getting caught in the rain…

Tell me you’re not singing that in your head when you think of this tea! Or maybe not, if you’re a gen Y-er. Ugh, did I just date myself?

I do not like Pina Colada. Therefore, I am not a huge fan of this tea. It tastes good iced but i cannot comment on it as a hot tea as I have not and will not try it hot.

It’s not picky when it comes to steeping time or temperature but fairly monotone in the way of flavour notes. Coconut and coconut. It’s strange because the wet leaves (can you call it leaves if there’s no tea?) are mostly fruit chunks yet for me it tastes entirely of coconut. And it’s oh so sweet.

Dry leaf nose is all coconut. too much, too sweet coconut (as opposed to a nice whiff of it like in the organic buttered rum). Liquor is deep yellow and tastes like coconut water. ditto for the aftertaste.

Uhhhhh YUM!
I picked this up with a new travel mug.
Having it iced double strength.
It tastes like a fruity gummy bear. Like the natural fruit gummies with coconut, pineapple, and lemon
So good.

Yay, this seems to be working again!

Actually had a tiny glass of this last night but due to the fact it was still warm it didn’t really impress me. I think I’ll try coldbrewing it next.
Based on this glass of iced tea, I cannot say I am really impressed. I mean it’s not terrible, and I wouldn’t mind having it on hand for when I’m in the mood for iced tea…even in the winter sometimes I do crave iced tea, which I perceive as different then my usual tea cravings. It feels like the same cravings I get for juice. There…I think that makes better sense. But if I had to choose between Tropicalia and Pink Passionfruit, (I know I only had 1 cup of!) I would pick Pink Passionfruit in a heartbeat.
Now, this tea is not overly sweet, even with plenty of sweetener, which I consider a really good thing, the last pineapple tea I had…Oh Gods it was so gaggingly sweet! I didn’t even ask where it was from, though I know it wasn’t Teavana because I am pretty familiar with their base flavor profiles. This tea has a tartness that is nice, but in a understated kind of way. I would like if the apple just a bit more apparent, and a tounch more coconut. But….maybe coldbrewing it will bring those flavors out more. So if I cave and end up buying 50 g of Pink Passionfruit, maybe I’ll get this 1 too.

SUMMER IN A CUP. The smell of it dry is so heavenly too. I was gross today and did something I never do… I went around letting people take sips from MY CUP. It was THAT good and I had to share my excitement. If you’re going to ice hot tea, brew it really strong otherwise any melting ice at all will water it out superrr quick. I need to cold brew this next.

I cold steeped this overnight, maybe closer to 18 hours. It’s good, I like it. Lots of pineapple, lots of coconut, definitely has a pina colada feel to it.

Thanks Nxtdoor for sending this to me.

I really like this one iced.It is fruity and summery!

So, I went into DAVIDs after my acupuncture session as always, since it’s only a few blocks away. I was supposed to meet a friend, but she’d had a bit too much wine last night, but that’s ok, since I was going there anyway. My tea of the day there was actually Blueberry Jam, since I’d been craving it ever since it came out, but I also wanted to check out the new kids iced tea tumbler, because it is leakproof and mucho adorable. I actually prefer the feel of it to the adult one anyway…maybe because I’m small and it fits my hand better? Anyways, last minute impulse buy was about 20-ish grams of Tropicalia. I made this in my steeper and did the over ice method since I didn’t want to wait overnight for a steeping for cold brew method (though I am going to try cold brewing other teas in it).

It’s superb as an iced tea and I’m not sure I’d want it hot. This is probably one of the rare teas I have not sweetened (maybe the only one) and still liked. It must be the sweetness of the fruit and the candy hearts.

It’s a pretty good and fun summer tea, and I’ll probably get more and make iced tea with it in a bigger container like the Mist one.

Thumbs up for me!

This was a nice cup of tea, but was very heavy on the coconut flavor. I like coconut in tea, but this was a little too strong. There was a pleasant creaminess in the background, but I couldn’t enjoy it because I was distracted by all of that coconut! I would say that this does taste like a piña colada— perhaps it’s not my kind of flavor!

I received a sample of this with my last order. It’s good. Very fruity but not very strong. It sort of reminds me of the Dasani Pina Colada flavoring for water, but warm. I steeped it for 5 minutes, but maybe it would be better steeping it longer.

EDIT: This tea is so weak it’s only good for 1 steep. :-(

Kiaharii

Most of DT’s fruity stuff tends to be one steep only. It’s also a heavy tea so not super cost effective. :(

True Foodie At Heart

I agree, not cost effective at all. I’m glad it was a sample. :-)