Tropicalia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Cold/warm brewed this (as in, put in cold water from the Brita pitcher but left the cup on the counter for about 24h because my fridge is stuffed full of research asparagus) and it's pretty tasty....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “I love you so mu-uuuuuuuch, Tropicalia. This is the first tea that has ever just had to be a staple to me. I bought 100g the first time around and have already purchased another 100g so that my tin...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Yes friends. It is *that* good. If you look at my highly outdated profile description, you'll find Pina Colada as one of my favorite flavours! The smell is spot on. It even smells sweet!...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Whoa the new format is super _weird_. I mean, I'm sure I'll adjust but it's just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what's bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1167 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Your happy place

So you want to go somewhere really exotic this summer. A place where the sun is shining and the drinks are plentiful. Where the sands are white, the water is clear and the sky is blue. No problem. Just ice yourself a cup of this herbal blend. Not only does it taste just like a piña colada, it makes you feel as happy as one too. With pineapple, coconut and little sugar hearts, the only thing missing is the paper umbrella. And a bikini.

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple cubes, coconut, rose petals, safflower blossoms, sugar hearts, marigold petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Coconut, not vegan

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy! I enjoy this one both hot and cold. But perhaps just a tad bit more when it’s cold. I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed Pina Colada tea until I stumbled upon some at a local tea shop. So now I actively seek this flavor out. So when I saw Tropicalia at David’s tea, trying some was a no-brainer. I the would have rated this one even higher but personally I would prefer if “sugar hearts” was not included in the ingredients – that’s just me I’m sure. I just feel that there is enough natural sweetness from the pineapple, and I can always add sugar, whereas sifting through the tea in an attempt to pick out the sugar hearts would be more trouble than it’s worth. Still it’s a delicious tea, and I would certainly repurchase this one.

This is an amazing iced tea, I am so grateful for Steepster people for pointing out the whole summer side of things. Tastes like how sunscreen smells. That’s basically all you need to know. Highly recommend, and will be getting more asap.

Iced 8 min or more

Pineapple taste on the forefront of the flavour with hints of bubblegum. This tisane makes me feel like this is what I should be drinking if I were to be sick in bed. This tisane is very sweet throughout, maybe a little bit too sweet. The flavour feels like it is lacking some actual camellia sinensis or maybe a stronger floral base to balance everything out.
I left this one in to infuse while I was drinking it and got no bitter taste.

Tried cold brewing this tisane for about 12 hours using 2 scoops of dry tisane. The pineapple is the strongest flavour which mixes nicely with the coconut flavour in the background. It still feels that it could use a stronger floral base to balance it out. Slightly tart on the finish accented by the coconut taste. It leaves an unpleasant sugary after-taste.
Second cold infusion has an overall weak flavour and there is a bitterness brought out. This tisane is good for only one cold infusion.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is to.die.for.

I especially love the recipe that davidstea provides on how to make it into a pina coloda for those hot summer days!

I would drink this tea in my backyard on a nice summer evening while surrounded by friends having a potluck.

I find it has a very nice smooth taste that has a nice strong (BUT NOT TOO STRONG) coconut flavoring that is aided by the pineapple. As soon as I smelled it I bought 150 grams…. SO GOOOOOD!

This is one of my favorite iced teas! It reminds me of a Pina Colada:)

So, this is tea #2/5 that I am trying from my first ever round of DT. I opened the packet and I was overwhelmed by the smell! I’ve never been to places like Hawaii or anything remotely tropical, but this is what I imagine it would smell like! It smelled like pineapple and coconut! I really wanted to try this iced so I decided to brew it hot. When brewed, it takes on a greenish colour that reminded me a bit of broth. I took a little sip of it hot, it wasn’t too bad. I added some sugar and took another sip and it was a little better. I put it in the freezer to cool it down. When it was cool, I took it out of the freezer and added ice. Not bad! Then I decided to try adding a little bit of milk, which made it even better! I have to say, This one isn’t my favourite, it’s a little too weak! Also, for some reason, all I’m getting is weak coconut flavour. But I think that if I experiment with it more, I’ll be able to tolerate it enough to finish it! For some reason, I think it would be really good in a fruit muffin!

I actually didn’t do a note on this on my first drink, but now I am drinking it as I am writing my review, and it just tastes WAY better than my first try. When I smelled it in store, it was magic. Just plain magic.

When I brought it home I was shaking, that is just how excited I was to try this. Being only sixteen I can’t add liquor to my tea (that I can admit in public anyways)… Haha… I had it iced, and I added in some extra stuff… But it was spot on. Pure Pina Colada. It was amazing. I am going to be stocking up on this tea until the day I die, the first sip was reminiscent of the strong pineapple, following up with the slight creaminess of the coconut. Not to mention the heart sprinkles adding a little hint of sweetness.

Overall, this could be one of my top five.

Not very good hot; but, rather good over ice although the pineapple and sugar-sweetness is almost overwhelming. I’d drink it again, just not in regular rotation.

not my favorite. It’s kind of too sickeningly sweet for me. I think i’d prefer it if I had the ability to control the sweetness of it myself.

After reading the other tasting notes I definitely wish I had coconut rum and cream on hand… sailor jerry’s and 1% milk just doesn’t sound quite as good. The first time I tried Tropicalia, it didn’t really impress me but I think I expected the taste to be more pineapple-y than pina colad-y (very technical terms, I know :) Today I was looking for a caffeine free option to enjoy while winding down after work and I am glad I gave this another go. And I have actually added more hot water to my french-press mug so I must reeeeeeally have changed my mind about this one. I am just letting it steep away between sips, although much weaker flavour it still made a second great cup of tea. I am looking forward to having this iced, which will probably use up the rest of my pkg and I will probably pick up some more when re-stocking next. The hearts are a cute touch but like other tea lovers had noted before me the blend is a little on the heavy side. It has a baked-good like smell at first and tasted fruity, sweet and a little creamy too.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes pina coladas, fruity light herbal teas and picturing themselves on the beach.