Tropicalia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Cold/warm brewed this (as in, put in cold water from the Brita pitcher but left the cup on the counter for about 24h because my fridge is stuffed full of research asparagus) and it's pretty tasty....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I love you so mu-uuuuuuuch, Tropicalia. This is the first tea that has ever just had to be a staple to me. I bought 100g the first time around and have already purchased another 100g so that my tin...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “Yes friends. It is *that* good. If you look at my highly outdated profile description, you'll find Pina Colada as one of my favorite flavours! The smell is spot on. It even smells sweet!...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Whoa the new format is super _weird_. I mean, I'm sure I'll adjust but it's just SO MANY changes all at once. Maybe what's bothering me the most is the weird new font? But lots of differences...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Your happy place

So you want to go somewhere really exotic this summer. A place where the sun is shining and the drinks are plentiful. Where the sands are white, the water is clear and the sky is blue. No problem. Just ice yourself a cup of this herbal blend. Not only does it taste just like a piña colada, it makes you feel as happy as one too. With pineapple, coconut and little sugar hearts, the only thing missing is the paper umbrella. And a bikini.

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple cubes, coconut, rose petals, safflower blossoms, sugar hearts, marigold petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Coconut, not vegan

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dang this stuff is good.

Typically I like my loose leaf tea hot, which may or may not be affected by my struggle with getting iced teas quite right. This tea is definitely an exception to the rule; even my mediocre iced tea making skills aren’t enough to ruin it.

I first had it iced with a splash of agave nectar, all following times I haven’t had the nectar in it. Personally I prefer it with a bit of agave in it, but it does have plenty of sweetness all on its own.

Love this tea. It’s just a shame that the blend for it is so large.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didn`t think I would like this one, because I`m not big on herbal teas, but it`s actually a really delicious tea that is perfect for the summer (or in the winter when you`re missing summer).

Dry this tea is adorable… The little pink sugar hearts are so cute. And it smells like candied pineapple and coconut and vanilla frosting; very sweet and fruity.

The steeped tea smells almost like cider (maybe that`s the apple in it) with pineapple. The predominant taste is pineapple, then apple and a little bit of coconut. It also has a sweet vanilla taste. I really like this tea, drinking it is an (decaffeinated) pick me up, because it tastes like warm sunshine :)

I guess there are really three ways to drink this tea;

1. Traditionally steeped and served clear (as a pineapple, cocnout and vanilla cider)
2. Served with milk or cream to make it taste like a pina colada
3. Iced as a yummy iced tea

Or I guess 4… with rum. This is how the server suggested I drink it lol. But I feel that tea is generally too weak to be mixed with hard liquor.

Anyways this gives you a warm, happy feeling and is really tasty either way you decide to prepare it; very versatile!

190 °F / 87 °C

Good gracious. This is higher on the “things I dislike” list than most, containing both pineapple and coconut, but it’s so good!

Very fruity, very creamy. Great iced and hot, good with honey or your choice of alcoholic mixer (mine is white tequila).

I brewed up the sample I got with my last order tonight for my nightly cuppa. This is delicious. Absolutely delicious. I love pineapple and that is the flavor that jumps right to the front. It was lovely unsweetened but I added a bit of sugar just to see how the flavor reacted – the pineapple was not only front and center, but wearing day glo yellow. PERFECT.

The only thing I don’t like is something is making my mouth taste a bit bitter after I drink the tea. Guess I’ll have to brew up another tea after I’m done with this one.

This one was the first I have tried of the summer collection and I was definitely pleased!! I was surprised tonight with the collection and dove right in smelling them all…once I smelled this I had to brew it. It smells like a piña colada but I would say the taste is more fruity. Overall I am very pleased and will definitely brew again…I see no problems in finishing off the package! I am using my iPhone to rate this tea and can’t seem to drag the bar to rate it but I will give it an 85 for now and will fix this once I get to a computer.

When I was picking up some teas, my husband ordered an iced tropicalia so of course I had to try some of it. I’m pretty impressed with this one. I found that I really tasted the coconut and pineapple, while my husband found he tasted a lot of vanilla.

Either way, it was slightly sweet and definitely refreshing.

Yep, it smells like pina colada when you open up the bag. This was a iced tea pack, but I’m resteeping it hot while the iced tea cools down in the fridge. I don’t usually do multiple steeps with fruit/herbal teas but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try. I had leftover boiled water right there.

Wow, it still tastes pretty good for a second steep. Just a very slight tang on the sides of my tongue, but no need for sugar as it gives off enough sweet. I forgot to look to see if this has sweeteners in it, it sure tastes like it. Hmm I added a little agave to the iced tea, I hope that wasn’t a mistake!

So yeah, if I feel like a tea version of a pina colada this is definitely it! I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this tea but I’m pleasantly surprised! Can’t wait to try it out cold.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I am really loving these summer teas that David’s Tea keeps coming out with….but hot dayum, it’s expensive if you think that it’s just glorified dried fruit. But the tea addict in me just keeps saying MORE MORE MORE. This tastes exactly as described, a perfect refreshing pina colada. The way I’ve found I love this is iced mixed with 7up, I wanted something teapoplike but without paying 4 dollars for 1 cup when I can get about 5 cups for 4 dollars making it at home. I can’t find anything wrong with it and my boyfriend, a flavoured tea hater loves it, so I must add to the list of great teas to keep in my collection. As with any iced tea, I don’t like making 1 cup at a time and would rather make them in volumes and keep in a jug in the fridge, I find that they end up tasting too watery if I don’t give them enough time to properly cool down and just rush the experience. It’s definitely a good tea to have in my collection but I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite just yet, but up there for sure :)

Surprisingly, this was pretty good. At first I found the smell a bit off-putting, kind of phoney. But, after icing it and adding a bit of home-made sugar syrup, it ended up to be quite decent. I was stressed and had an unhealthy eating day so my stomach was mad at me, but this tea is soothing it, so hey maybe I will get it again.

Where..have you been…all my life…

No folks, that isn’t Owlie getting trigger-happy with the rating slider. This the real deal. Why I waited so long to try it, I have no idea. Its delicious hot, and absolutely amazing iced. A few drops of agave, on ice… perfecttt…. What is it with me and these herbal fruit blends lately?

My only peeve is it would be even better with a bit of banana…