Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Blueberry, Burnt Sugar, Jam, Berries, Sweet
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2175 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2014 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It’s definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries to stand out, the black base to be detected, and for the whole drink to not have a watery mouth feel. As I sipped at it, I tried to decide if it was a good work tea, although I can’t exactly describe what that would be. Certainly a good tea lends itself to travel muggage, but it’s more than that. The tea can’t remind you (or me, rather) too too much of home, because then I’ll lose my focus and just wish I was at home in my pjs, drinking that very tea. I’ll try taking it to work again a few times, I think, as it’s work probation period has only begun haha.

In other news, I’ve been unbelievably exhausted lately, and think I’m having some eye pressure issues related to my eye condition. The good news is that a lot of other people with my eye condition are reporting similar problems (wtf is that all about?), but the bad news is that a) no one seems to really know what to do about it; and b) I can’t see an ophthalmologist unless I set up camp in the ER for like five weeks because the waiting list to see one is like decades long, and although I’m really uncomfortable, I’m not quite at the point where I want to scoop my eyes out (I don’t even know if my eye is the problem!). Anyway, flu or eye problems, I’m out for the count for a little while. But tea is a constant companion and confidante, so I’m actually in pretty fine spirits. I’m off to make myself a cup now, in fact…that is if my laziness doesn’t prevail, which it likely will.

oh man.. hope that clears up for you hug

Abby Noelle

Hope all is well! I actually just pulled out my cold brewed blueberry jam myself!

keychange

Thanks! At this point I don’t really care what’s causing it, I just need for it to go away so I don’t come across as a bad employee! LOL

Abby Noelle

Oh yes, exactly how I feel right now, as I type away on steepster at work!

cryptickoi

I hope you get it figured out…It’s good to hear you have god spirits..

caile

Hope all goes well!

cryptickoi

good spirits

keychange

Thanks guys! and abby, enjoy your blueberry jam! I bet this is great steeped. How much leaf and water did you use?

MissB

I hope you feel much better soon. :)

greenteafairy

I hope you’re able to figure out what’s going on soon. Feel better!

keychange

Thanks so much guys. You’re all so very kind.

TheTeaFairy

Sorry to hear about that keychange…feel better, sending good vibes your way :-)

Kamyria

Awww… Feel better keychange!! I hope your eye troubles get figured out soon! :)

Fjellrev

I am so sorry you are experiencing complications with your eyes. The lists are horrendous. My mom was originally supposed to have glaucoma surgery back in 2006 but it got pushed back until now, when she is on the verge of going blind herself. It’s unfortunate there aren’t more ophthalmologists to take care of all the patients, and crack down on what is causing these symptoms.

keychange

Yes, definitely a shortage. Because although this isn’t technically an emergency, I think going to the eR is the only way to see one—which is kind of unfortunate, but there are probably only like three in the whole province. I hope your mother is adjusting comfortably.

OMGsrsly

Oh that sucks, keychange. I hope it works out for you and you get this resolved sooner rather than later.

I think I might cry. I’ve been having a really, really bad month.

Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a virus scan, so I force restarted it. Except, when the computer restarted it didn’t really restart… Instead what shows up is:

Reboot and Select Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Tre says that means my hard drive has failed, and that I need to go in and have it repaired. I guess I’ve lost all my information for the last nearly two years, since it wasn’t backed up. I just can’t handle all this fucking stress – and I have no idea what the cost is going to be for a new hard drive, but it’ll probably be a fair bit and on top of all the dentist costs I have, I doubt I can afford it. Like, WHAT THE FUCK. There was no warning – what the hell caused it to crash? I really wish I was technologically inclined because I need my laptop.

Anyway, at least there wasn’t a whole lot important on my computer anyway. I didn’t have iTunes or any meaningful pictures, no downloaded games or really much of anything. The one thing that comes to mind is my resume, but I actually have that saved in my email and sent to Tre…

Thank God I have an interview tomorrow, so fingers crossed I’ll set a good impression and get hired because I could really, really use an income right now.

So anyway, I’m using Tre’s laptop for now while he’s at school – but likely am not going to have regular internet use for awhile so don’t expect me to be on Steepster as often, sadly.

I think I’ve said it a million times this month in between all the unfortunate happenings, but at least I have tea in the mean time to hold me over. Tea is reliable, and it doesn’t tend to spontaneously crash on you.

keychange

My gosh. When it rains it pours. I had the exact same thing happen to my computer several months ago, and it was fixed for just under 200 dollars. And by fixed I mean that a new hard drive was installed and the computer was reformatted. Uggh. I hope the job interview goes well. Hang in there.

Rosehips

Aww! I’m sorry things suck right now. Best of luck on your job interview. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Roswell Strange

The only two things I think I’m really worried about not having – which are actually relatively trivial, are my master spreadsheet for all my tea and then the master spreadsheet for all my Pokemon games. It’s not that they’re irreplaceable or anything, it was just a lot of hard work and time put into them. But if the interview doesn’t go well, I was using the computer to find job listing/apply places.

caile

Good luck tomorrow!

VariaTEA

That really sucks, Roswell Strange. I am so sorry to hear that. At least there was not anything TOO important lost. Hopefully everything works out in the interview tomorrow and things start turning around soon.

TeaBrat

yes, good luck with everything…

Veronica

Best of luck tomorrow! I’m sorry things have been so rotten lately. :(

TheTeaFairy

So sorry, fingers crossed for you. Good luck and yes, keep tea close by at all time…

boychik

Good luck

tigress_al

That sucks, the same thing happened to me not too long ago, and I lost some pictures that I didn’t have saved anywhere else yet :(
Good luck tomorrow!

Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It’s not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it. Nonetheless, it is still very deliciously blueberry, and I can taste the base tea this time. Definitely one of the better teas DT has released lately.

TassieTeaGirl

I’m glad this one is getting great reviews (including from the lovely Natalie from customer service). It’s on my next order list.

Helena

I’ll be trying this later today :D

2014 tasting notes

Sipdown!!

So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and a good show to distract myself. Luckily, thanks to the awesome Allie, I was able to brew up a cup of this yummy blueberry tea. It really has grown on me since my first cup so I am really grateful to have gotten another. It is sweet and delicious and has an incredible blueberry flavor and that is even after it completely cooled (since it took quite some time for me to go through the facebook birthday wishes and the steepster posts I hadn’t seen yet). Thank you Allie!!

blech… i dunno why this one is so popular… the 2 or three times i’ve tried it in store i’ve spat it out lol

VariaTEA

Are you sensitive to stevia? There have been a few cups where all I got was stevia and had to pour it out.

oh that might be why…which is also why i’m less a fan of david’s teas with all their sugar/stevia adding nonsense i’m not a fan…tolerable but mostly no thanks

Happy belated birthday!

Wow this is blueberry!
Out of all the teas I picked up today, this one smells the strongest and most true to it’s flavour. Opening the bag filled the room with delicious sweet blueberry!
I made it iced in our new children’s leakproof togo cup… what? My boyfriend spills a lot. haha! It’s super cute though. Sadly they were out of the stickers :(

Oops got off track. Okay this tea was pretty good iced (awesome sweet blueberry flavour, no crazy stevia aftertaste. Honestly when blended right I consider stevia the same as any other additive like chamomile or mint leaves, and this is blended perfectly) BUT – it is just screaming at me to be an iced latte.

I’m a sucker for milk with a black base. So next time – latte it is :)

Edit: Oh yeah – the reason we went on a mini Davids shopping spree?
I got the job. :D
I am now secretary to the Education dept! Not the highest of jobs, but I should be promoted within the year so… yay!

Bonnie

Hooray! Hooray for you!!! Got the job buy the tea!

Mercuryhime

yaaaaay!!! Congratulations! And you’re working for education! A noble calling. :) Will you be seeing kiddies or is this one of those administrative buildings far removed from an actual school?

DaisyChubb

Thank you! Ah this is far away from any school sadly. Apparently my coworkers are quite awesome though – so that should keep things interesting I hope!

Mercuryhime

Coworkers can definitely make or break a job. :)

Skulleigh

Congrats on the new job!

TeaBrat

Congrats!!!

Invader Zim

Congrats!

Tina S.

Congrats on the job!

The Purrfect Cup

Congrats! The tea sounds yummy too!

DaisyChubb

ThankyouThankyou everyone! First thing will be training, second will be assessing the dimensions of tea-making possibilities.

Dinosara

Congrats on the job! Yay for tea sprees!

LiberTEAS

Congrats on the promotion! yippee!!!

Indigobloom

Yay!! congrats, mucho congrats!!!!

SimpliciTEA

Congratulations! Awesome! We now both work in the same field!

The secretaries are some of the most respected positions in Education because, well, when it comes down to it, they are the ones who really know what going on in a building; it’s like the famous line from that song, “I’VE GOT THE POWER!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk
(btw, Bonnie inspired me to look up that song on YouTube).

Angrboda

Congratulations.

Missy

Yay for you!

Amariel

I really want to try this tea! And I totally want the kids tumbler even if it costs a little more. I want leakproof and well…gosh darn it, it is soooo cute!

Oreole

Congrats for the job! :)

DaisyChubb

Thanks! It’s truly SimpliciTEA – I’ve worked a job like this before – you need to know the answer to every question and most people don’t even know how to photocopy their own stuff haha! That’s where we come in ;)

As for the tumbler – it’s seriously 100% leafproof! The lid is super unique but I tested it in my purse and shook it around like a madman – no leaks.

CHAroma

Woot!! Congratulations!!! :D

tigress_al

Certainly a great way to celebrate! Congrats

DAVIDsTEA

Thanks for the wonderful review and congrats on the new job!

Amariel

I got the tumbler today and have some Tropicalia in it (iced of course). Tried the Blueberry Jam tea today, hot with milk and sugar, and it was quite pleasing. I can see how it would be good iced, and I may end up getting a bag to do some cold steeping of this in my new tumbler.

Fjellrev

Holy wow, congratulations!

Yum, I still need to try this hot. I made a cup iced and let my mom have a sip and she asked me if I had anymore. Thankfully I still had enough to make one more cup iced for her with me.

It’s so blueberry flavored, and I love how there are so many little berries in it. And it definitely has all the flavor of jam without the super sweetness.
I accidentally steeped mine for only 3 minutes but it still turned out great. I prefer a long steep though.

TassieTeaGirl

3mins works? ok, I’ll give that a go. My 5-ish mins was a bit bitter for my liking. Even with added sugar.

momo

The steep I did for my mom was 4 minutes, and I liked it better. There was a bit more body to it, but 3 wasn’t bad.

TassieTeaGirl

Cool, thanks for the advice!

A big Thank YOU to Kittenna for this sample!
Well I am a self proclaimed Not a DT fan but this is just darn fine!
I did add a little german rock sugar from Butiki to my tea.
Its perfectly sweet, tastes like blueberry jam and not one little bit tart which is one thing I do love about this tea! Sometimes blueberry can be a tad too tart for me.
I got a nice sample with tons of blueberries in it! Either Kit was very generous or this tea is riddled with lovely little blueberries!
Seemed to be an equal ratio of blueberries to tea!
As good as the blueberry is a nice simply black base comes through.
Not very complex of a tea but really does take care of the sweet tooth craving!
LOVE IT!
Thank you Kit and I do hope one day to place a DT order. Its funny that I have managed not to as of yet.

Kittenna

The tea is jam-packed with blueberries! Or at least the sample I got was. So no special treatment from me :) Glad it was another hit!

well its AWESOME!
Thanks again !!

TheTeaFairy

I just received my order of this, Kittena my pouch is as loaded with blueberries as yours was, DT did an amazing job with this one!

Kittenna

Did you eat the blueberries after? They were still super tasty :D

HA you know it!

momo

I will fully admit I made blueberry jam today because of this tea.

No shame in that! :)

TheTeaFairy

Of course, how to resist? cute mini blueberries taste like candies! And the fact that there are no artificial flavor in this one makes them taste even better to me:)

Kittenna

There is stevia in the tea though, sadly. I did notice more sweetness than expected, but only when comparing it to 52teas Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish (that I got from Azzrian, of course)!

Azzrian

I need to place an order with them

tigress_al

Yep, my pouch is full of blueberries too! This one is so good

Hum, I am impressed! for the first time in ages, I am truly marveling at a David’s creation.
With just an added drop or two of agave (as opposed to my usual three haha) it really tasted like preserves!!! nummy. Perhaps it’s the organic factor that makes it so tasty.
A little fake for my liking, and I would have loooooved to see this in a strawberry version instead. Then again, I’ve always found blueberry dessert things to taste fake. (Especially yogurt, for some reason)

teataku

Interesting. I feel the same way about cherry desserts. Don’t know what it is… :/

Indigobloom

Odd isn’t it? I love cherry pie/tarts. Funny how we are opposite like that!

If you steep this less time it really improves it. The stevia doesn’t have a chance to get so powerful and the base doesn’t have time to get bitter. Smells and tastes like big juicy blueberries. Improved over time…Mmm!!

TheKesser

How long did you steep it for?

Uniquity

Maybe 3 minutes. That’s about how I do all my blacks but this one in particular needs to be watched, I find.

TheKesser

Good to know. Thanks :)

My Dad and Step-mom came over this morning to make Christmas wreaths. I made this tea and left it brewing while I went downstairs to help organize the ornaments. I accidentally forgot the tea brewing and completely oversteeped it. Despite having a cold, as I walked up the stairs I could smell the blueberries as if I was baking a blueberry pie in the oven. As I sniffed at the air and realized what I did, I sprinted up the stairs as if those last few seconds were crucial and could really make or break the tea. Completely illogical, but I always do stuff like that.

Miraculously there was no bitterness and my Step-mom and Dad kept commenting on the tasty tea. Sadly, that was the last little bit of this one, but hopefully Davids will have more available the next time I go shopping for tea. It seems to be a FAMily favorite.

Happy Thanksgiving for all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving today – I am thankful for all my steepster friends

ne14t

This is a good tea, I am almost out of my supply of Blueberry Jam as as well, it was a total random purchase based solely on the smell of the tea, a tsp or two of sugar and its like some Smuckers jam.

canadianadia

I don’t think I ever tried it with sugar, but I can see how that might bring out the jamminess