Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Blueberry, Fruity, Pastries, Sweet, Bitter, Berry, Earth, Honey, Smooth, Artificial, Candy, Burnt Sugar, Jam, Berries
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

If I am being honest, I have never had blueberry jam. Blueberry muffins and other things like that, but never jam. Normally I reach for almost anything else first – raspberry, blackberry, snozzberry, you name it.

Prior to our trip to Chicago I looked through the highly rated David’s blends, and this one had a great rating, so I had decided ahead of time to pick some up in the store. I have been ignoring it for a few weeks, but today I decided I wanted something other than another straight black, so I pulled this out.

I was amazed at the amount of fruit in this! It was almost like an herbal, huge honking blueberries, little baby elderberries, pretty flower thingies. But with black tea! I also think this is my first tea that has stevia in it, not that I can really tell. It’s the first one that listed it on the ingredients anyway.

I like it. I made some for my daughter too and I feel like she will like it as well. It’s a teeny bit astringent on the back end, but that could have something to do with the recommended 5 minute steep time. I’m glad I didn’t go with their top of the range 7.

Cameron B.

Sounds yummy! I want to grab Mango Fruit Punch and I really want to try Cherry Snowcone, so I may have to make a David’s order soon and grab some of this. :D

christeana1

I LOVE anything blueberry! Reminds me of Maine…my favorite place in the world:)

Sipdown. :) Although I guess I cheated, because there was that awkward amount between 1 and 2 cups left, so I just chucked it all in. Still counts though!
This tea is nice, but it would be much nicer without the stevia. I would much prefer it sweetened with sugar, I think. I probably won’t repurchase, unless I happen to be in a very blueberry mood…

This tea smelled and tasted pretty much exactly like blueberry jam…David’s Tea was not lying. I think they did a really good job making a blueberry tea and I did enjoy it. I had it with my peanut butter toast this morning, so kind of a PB&J moment. That being said, although it was tasty and pretty much as expected based on the description, it did not blow my socks off. This could be because I don’t have a strong affinity for blueberry.
Thanks Virginia for the sample!

Flavors: Berries

This tea didn’t taste as good to me tonight. I’m not sure why. It tasted fake, really fake. I think it’s the stevia. I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me and I’m having an off night because I’ve liked this every other time I have had it.

It’s stormy here this evening. Blah. This meant that we didn’t have the dinner I had been dreaming about all day, but instead we actually used the leftovers in the fridge for once. I did manage to get the teeny tiny traveling tea box all packed up and ready to go for in the morning.

Revisiting this one to see how I feel…. Still good!
Very realistic blueberry flavour, jammy… and I’m not really noticing the stevia sweetener, so that’s a bonus.

I actually made this to replace the rancid cup of Copabanana I tried to drink just prior.
So I guess anything would taste amazing after that experience (see my review)

But to anyone looking for a realistic blueberry tea, I would suggest this!

It’s tart, sweet, juicy and contains practically as many berries as tea leaves!

Not a sipdown yet, but two cups to go.

I’m learning that most flavored teas smell great, but don’t always have the best flavor. It’s not to say that I don’t enjoy them, but many taste at least a little artificial.

This is an ok tea, but it’s not amazing. I steep it for about 5 minutes and it has a subtle blueberry flavor. I think I need to get over my expectations that most flavored teas will have a strong, sweet flavor.

This tea does have a slight sweetness, and a quiet blueberry flavor. I like it as a breakfast tea. It did leave me feeling a little disappointed, so my search for an amazing blueberry tea will continue!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Just had the most delicious lobster with fresh baked baguette, orzo salad and fresh vegetables. Washing it down with iced tea now :) Although this does have a strange aftertaste, it is so refreshing right now. Yum.

My David’s Tea order came yesterday. It was quite the surprise as it wasn’t originally predicted to be here until Tuesday! Makes for one happy girl. Looking at my plunder I’ve realized that this is the only “tea” I purchased this round. The rest are herbal!

This is just as good as I remember it. I’m glad it’s back in my kitchen.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Yes it’s true, I am FINALLY drinking Blueberry Jam!!

It’s really sweet, cloyingly sweet. The blueberry is nice but again it’s too strong – way too much jam not enough tart. This really needs some tart to balance it out.
I made another cup with less leaf and while better, this is still disappointing to me. I can understand why this has it’s fans, but this is just ok for me and I have other blueberry teas that I like better.

TheTeaFairy

Yay! You finally tried this one!! Sorry it wasn’t a hit though…

So yesterday I tried DT’s Superberry and it was good (surprisingly actually since I was expecting a bit more artificialness to it) but I don’t want to have too many of the same “flavors” in my cupboard so today I’m going to try this tea. It’s actually been on my “to try” list for quite some time so I’m rather excited to see if it lives up to the hype.

Dry the tea smells exactly as advertised… packed with blueberries and sweetness. That said there are a few scents in there that I don’t typify as being part of “blueberry jam”, raspberry for one. I can also pick out a hint or two of the elderberries but that is much closer to the “proper” jam scent that it doesn’t stand out as much. I also get a few dark notes from the black tea but again not too many so I’ll have to see how the base complements the tea once it’s brewed.

The liquor comes out brown but with a certain distinctive bluish-purple tint which could only be from the blue and elderberries. There’s a definite loss of blueberry scent at this point (actually of berry sent in general) but what remains is warm, dark and a bit malty. Honestly it’s almost been transformed from blueberry jam to blueberry syrup to my nose. It’s certainly different.

Taste wise the blueberry is very subtle (especially compared to the dry aroma) and still sweet but not overly so with just a bit of tang from the raspberry flavoring. The maltiness from the black tea really makes me think more flavored maple syrup than jam and I don’t get much from the cornflowers.

In the end I think I prefer Superberry more… I find that if I’m in the mood for fruit I like to taste the fruit. (or maybe that’s just the mood I’m in today… I’ve got enough to try a few more cups to see if this holds true) but for the moment, while it’s a good tea, I can’t see myself stocking more of it.

keychange

you’d better stock up on superbarry then; they’re not going to stock it for much longer :(