Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Berries, Blueberry, Jam, Sweet
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1836 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1887 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Time for another pot of tea me thinks and I have happily acquired a fair stock of Davids Teas thanks to you wonderful Steepsterites. Perhaps it’s time I use a few of the smaller samples up, after all there is no time like the present. So they say anyway.

This blend has a lot of lovely blueberries, small but whole and very sweet smelling. So much so that it really does have a blueberry jam essence about it. :) Yummy.

As soon as I poured the water onto the mixture a strong aroma of blueberry came drifting up, it smells incredible! Exactly like blueberry jam. What does jam smell like? Well I don’t really know… thickly fruity and sweet?

Once steeped the tea is brown in colour and still has the same delicious blueberry jam aroma. Based on the smell alone I imagined the tea would be a red/purple colour but oh well.

Flavour is thick, fruity, sweet and oh so good! It’s blueberry, it looks like blueberries, it smells like blueberries and it tastes like blueberries. What more could you want from a blueberry tea?

The black tea is at the perfect balance for this blend, it’s not strong but you can taste a subtle earthy somewhat wooden taste but only for a second or two. The stevia balances that out I imagine and leaves you wish the sweet goodness of blueberries.

Simply delicious!!!

TeaBrat

hmm. me thinks I should try this!

KittyLovesTea

I would definitely recommend it. I think it’s the strongest and nicest blueberry tea I have tried yet. :)

Ozli

2nded! Best blueberry. :D

i didn’t like this one, but maybe it was my experience at davids. ie how they brewed it.

KittyLovesTea

Usually I brew my teas strong (2-3tsp per pot which holds 2.5 cups). For this one I only had a small sample of 1.5-2tsp max so I really wasn’t expecting much flavour but it was beautiful. Perhaps if I used double the amount like I usually would it would cause the black tea to be too strong? Like you said it could be the way they made it.

Lindsey

I wholly agree with Ozli & Kitty. Out of the 3 blueberry teas I’ve tried… this one is by far the best! It has the strongest blueberry flavor, whereas others seem to just have hints of it :)

Kittenna

This one is hit or miss… I think it’s the stevia that causes problems. I had one amazing batch of it, and then my second batch makes me gag. :(

i really like black-n-blue from uh…seredipitea. Used it to make blueberry infused vodka and it was amazing.

TeaBrat

ewww, I’m not a fan of stevia

Tea Sipper

I love this one.. I think I have a cup left…

Nxtdoor

I did not get a whole lot of blueberry. Wtf ? I must have done something…

Lariel

Does it work as a cold brew?

nxtdoor….not necessarily lol i don’t like this one either so different strokes for different folks :)

Nxtdoor

Omg. Lariel’s a genius. Cold brew!! I’m gonna try

Wowza! This was great to wake up to, the aroma is very blueberry, fresh and sweet. This tastes just as good as it smells. I love blueberries so I really liked this tea. Sweet, fresh blueberries!
I didn’t find the stevia bitter at all. I am actually liking stevia more and more. I didn’t find that it was too sweet.
I had this hot, but I am sure it would be wonderful cold brewed. I will try that next week!

Yummy!

Walking home yesterday my umbrella busted in a windgust, and so I used it as an excuse to justify popping into the mall to pick up this tea. Blueberries are a favourite of mine and I tend to love them in tea, so I was super excited about it. It was my first cup this morning and mmmm what a nice way to wake up. This is a true blueberry flavour, and it is a strong one. There is still a hint of tea flavour to it, as well. The girls in the store were drinking it today as a latte. Ugly as sin colour, but it tasted delicious! This by far surpasses any other blueberry black I’ve tried. Thank you, Davids, for finally bringing us good teas again. I was getting worried!

Just continuing the Blueberry Jam love.

Giant glass of it iced this afternoon. Yes. SO good.
I won’t wax philosophical about it, because I just did that yesterday.

EDIT: No, I am going to wax philosophical because what’s the point of making a tasting note at all if you don’t talk about what it tasted like?

The thing I like about this iced is that typically when you ice a beverage its because you’re thirsty/its hot out. In other words, you want to be able to gulp down large quantities of whatever it is. The beauty of this is that it isn’t sickly sweet, or overly tart, or overly anything. It’s delicious, refreshing, and naturally sweet.
There. NOW I’m done.

Iced
Meowkattack

Blueberry Jam is AMAZING over ice. Yes. I like to make my own ice cubes with blueberries in the ice, serve the tea/cubes in a mason jar. Super cute at picnics. :)

PatchworkSheep

Oh my gosh, that sounds adorable. And delicious.

I am in love with this tea, I want to drink it all the time. I have yet to try it hot, but I’ve had it iced several times, both in store and at home. It’s just plain amazing. Juicy, juicy blueberries and a touch of tea…perfect. Definitely need a tin.

Sipping on some hot Blueberry Jam with milk and sugar while watching some Doctor Who. It’s a pretty perfect companion. I’m still loving this blend as much as I did at first sip. It’s so fresh and sweet and fruity! Now it’s time to catch up with some tasting notes. It’s been a busy week and I’ve been a bit neglectful.

So I totally own David’s now and I totally own a Timolino!!
Ahh this is part of my first ever David’s order and it’s really good! I was a bit hesitant in getting this tea, but I’ve had Lupicia’s Blueberry tea, which is just a flavoured tea so I figured that this one is like.. a deluxe version of it.
IT’S GOOD. I brought it with me to class and I didn’t let it steep for as long as I wanted it to sooo TIMOLINO TO THE RESCUE. And I brought a wee little container to keep the basket in during class. I just let it steep for a couple minutes more and yep, THIS TEA IS GOOD.
Smells very much like tart blueberries dry, and steeping it mellows out a bit.
Drinking it, it’s like blueberry pie :)

3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Hello.Kiki

I’m glad I’m not the only one who takes tea to steep at class! I always keep a small stash in my bag so all I have to do is pick up a hot water.

jump62359

Shhh I actually keep a small selection of sachets in my bag so I always have tea wherever I go ahha. No way am I paying like $2.50 for a teabag. Just ask for hot water and it’s totally free!
And I alwayssss bring tea with me to my night class. It’s 6-8 pm. I need to stay awake okay.

Hello.Kiki

Yes! Someone who understands! I keep at least three different sachet teas in my purse and when I’m feeling ambitious I’ll stash some pre-measured loose leaf in a bag too.

Gosh darn it all to heck, I wrote this long tasting note and the Steepster Gremlins ate it.

So this is the last of my sample from Awkward Soul. Thanks!

I was called away from my tea and came back 45 minutes later and drank it really cold. I don’t like iced tea but I found this to be really, really enjoyable. I’m conflicted. I bought one of those iced tea makers once and hated the result. Maybe I do like iced tea but I just don’t know how to make it? Maybe I’m just scarred from my mom’s Lipton sun tea? I need some tea counseling.

Lynxiebrat

Tea Counciling!

DaisyChubb

Maybe! If you ever have a half empty cup that you’re losing interest in (is that just me? lol) maybe try putting it in the fridge for a bit and come back to it!

Lynxiebrat

lol I’ve had teas that the 1st sip was good but after that…blah! hehehe

Yum! I love this!
No fake flavorings….reminds me of blueberry jam, blueberry muffins, poptarts, etc…
Just really good wholesome sweet flavor, perfectly balanced and refreshing.
This is going to become a new staple for me…nice for EVERY season <3

JustJames

i enjoy this one as well…. must be careful because of the stevia (makes me ill-ish) =0( still a lovely blend!

VariaTEA

Personally, I think this tastes like blueberry juice and smells like blueberry jam. Both very pleasant.

Whiskey Buzz

mix it with davids tea birthday cake and it’s like drinking a blueberry pancake!

CelebriTEA

I may have to try that ;-)

Backlogging – this tea was prepared at David’s Tea in Victoria with soymilk.

I was worried I wouldn’t like this because of the stevia but I didn’t think it turned out that sweet, Unfortunately I found the flavor all around to be kind of weak. Not enough blueberry for my taste, a solid “meh”

Are you in Victoria?

Amariel

If you are, and are still here, we should consider a meet up.

TeaBrat

Nooo. I left on Saturday!

Michelle Butler Hallett

“Meh” is right.

Amariel

Oh boo! Wish I had known! Did you enjoy your visit? Were you at the DAVIDs downtown?

TeaBrat

@Heather! I had a great time! Me and my friend stayed Downtown right on Johnson Street.

Amariel

At the Best Western? I wish I had known a fellow Steepsterite was in town.