Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Blueberry, Burnt Sugar, Jam, Berries, Sweet
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes
  • “Got this as an eggnog latte and yet again it did not disappoint. It was like a blueberry custard, both creamy and fruity and so tasty. I am starting to think I prefer the fruity flavored eggnog...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is everything I hoped for! :D! It’s baaarely a black tea, though. A bit of tea in here, but mostly BLUEBERRIES. Got my David’s Tea boxing day stuff today – a little teapot (matches your mug, cavocorax!) and a beartail mug and little glasses and TEAS. \o/ Resteeping this due to laziness; we’ll see how it goes.

Cavocorax

Sweet! I was tempted to get the teapot but didn’t because my mom just got me a glass one. Which glasses? The bubble cups?

Hehe – beartail mug!

Sounds like a good tea.I’m digging the berry teas now! I feel like I need more Shanti Raspberry tea, or more Adagio Tardis tea!

Ozli

I also got fantasy island which has raspberry apparently? But yeah, I reorg’d the tea shelf today and eeeep, I am drinking some down for a bit!! :P

Yes, the tiny glass-inside-a-glass ones! SO CUTE, so impractical. I needed the teapot because my infuser doesn’t fit my old teapot and it was impossible to get enough leaves under the waterline. You need more blooming teas for that pot!

Cavocorax

Haha. I’m trying to do the same. I think I’ll be at 100 once all my orders come in. /0\

So cute! You can empty your teapot without the tea getting cold. I think mine are the same size.

Ozli

I actually got rid of a bunch of OLD tea that I didn’t really enjoy anyway. Honestly: I was never going to drink it.

That’s what I’m doing right now XD! It’s good for having with art or computer or games, the things that make me forget I have a tea until it’s cold.

So so delicious.
I’m having a cuppa this at Starbucks while I work on my big research presentation. My school was canceled today due to strike action, and so I had a free day for homework.. Which turned into a free day for doing nothing until 4 pm. Sometimes you need some relaxation ya know?

Well this tea is the ultimate comfort tea for me. Delicious and sweet blueberry preserves in a cup. Anyone who knows me knows I have a large addiction to jam. Any jam. Just give me jam!
I can taste lovely malty black tea under the really nice blueberry. The blueberry aspect just keeps reminding me of a blueberry topping that would be on top of a danish…. Definitely one of my favourites from DT.

Boiling

Dry Leaf Nose: Black tea with dried blueberries and elderberry pieces. Red cornflowers accentuate the blend, as does the small amount of stevia.

Liquor: Brown, with a blue tinge.

Flavour: Blueberry jam.

France

Can’t wait to taste this one why do I live so far from a Davidstea :(

Wow. This seems fairly strong AND sweet. So many berries! Most of them, blueberries! The tea itself just sorta faded into the background, but I can see why it’s named after jam.

I think I would try this again sometime if I want to satisfy a sweet craving.

Thanks ozli!

And I’m cheering this sipdown because I am now (accidentally) over 110 teas, and I have more on the way from Yssah and my Ovation order.

oh god..can we trade? I’m think by the time i get home i’m going to be approaching 300…and i left for china having managed to get down to 178.

Cavocorax

Hahaha. I’m worried that I might end up there in a few more months. :O I hope not, but I keep extending the bar. Coming back from China with 100 teas isn’t a bad thing though. I imagine you found some really awesome deals and/or rare teas there.

i wish i was coming back with 100 teas from china. Mostly it’s orders i placed before i left arriving at my house while i was away. HAHAHA. Work has kept me too busy to go to the tea market :(

This is my 4th new to me tea in my order (I think I’ve tried all the new ones now).
It’s definetly blueberry smelling, but more to the artificial blueberry side. And there are a ton of blueberries in there.

Alright so I’ve said before I come from the home of THE best blueberries. I don’t care what anyone says. This is now the 4th blueberry tea I try and although it’s good, I think it’s the inferior blueberry tea. It tastes NOTHING like Northern Ontario blueberries. :(
It’s too artifical blueberry like to compare. Although the next time I am going to make this on the stove with a touch of rock sugar & milk. Maybe I am just spoiled to delicious blueberries.

So I think I have to do a Teavivre order and get some of their Blueberry Fruit tea, because so far it has come the closest.

Mmmm, this tea never fails to cheer me up. Its a cold windy rainy night, and I’m curled up in front of the fireplace with one of my favorite books and a nice big cup of this tea. Its the perfect way to end my night.

Oh yum I can smell this one steeping from across the room. Ah blueberries. I love blueberries, but usually I find blueberry flavoured things much too strong.

There are blueberries, but the taste is nothing compared to the smell. I was hoping the taste wasn’t as intense as the smell (since that would be like drinking actual blueberry jam) but it just seemed to be the bare minimum taste-wise. I’ll finish this sample but probably won’t purchase again.

Update: Well I cold brewed this one as well (I’m thinking a wee bit too long – since yesterday morning before work). I’m liking it more than when it was hot for sure but I’m not quite sold. There’s certainly more of a blueberry taste with a nice sweetness at the end of the sip but it seems not quite “true blueberry” enough for me. Hmm.

Update: By the end of the cup it’s grown a little more on me but still not enough for the permanent collection.

Only had a little bit of this left so I mixed it with a bit of Blueberry Black from the Spice & Tea Exchange to make a full cup… and then I added blueberry sugar! (Also picked up from TSTE.) It was a delicious sweet blueberry mixture.

That said, I’m sad to be out of Blueberry Jam now – as I like it a little bit better than the TSTE version.

Another thanks to Will Work For Tea for sending me this sample. I have wanted to try this tea for a while but for some reason or another have always cut it out when editing my DavidsTea orders. No longer!

This tea is one of the most aromatic teas I have had the pleasure of tasting. As soon as it meets the hot water the room smells like it is filled with fresh blueberry muffins right out of the oven. The blend of ingredients is absolute perfection. Blueberry bliss with just a hint of perfect sweetness.

So glad that I was able to try this out, and I will for certain be adding this to my next tea order.

Will Work For Tea

That’s awesome you liked it! For some reason, I just wasn’t feeling this… :(

I’m drinking the teas in my cupboard that have been neglected. This on is one that my whole family likes and you can always smell it when someone makes it. It is very fruity without being overly sweet. The blueberry is definitely prominent over the black tea though.

tigress_al

I like how the aroma of this one absolutely fills my whole house!

Azzrian

I mixed some of this with 52 teas strawberry zabaglione and it was INSANELY good!

tigress_al

ooh, that would be good Azzrian, I am going to have to try that! Hot or iced?