Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Blueberry, Burnt Sugar, Jam, Berries, Sweet
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2179 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2526 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2015 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, I am afraid this brand is definitively not a brand for me. This is clearly Blueberry and natural.
As with the other Davids tea I cannot really taste camellia sinensis.
I was suspiscious as the blend is containing as much blueberries as tea leaves…I was right : this is a lovely hot juicy blueberry beverage but it’s just not tea to me.

I have a full tea pot and I share it now with my daughter who is in love with it (she is 11) like she is for almost all DT blends. I can imagine why a child can appreciate these teas, no acridness at all and more focused on flavours rather than tea bases.

TheTeaFairy

I think you perfectly resumed the situation with DT. Some blends are really tasty but we can hardly call them tea cause the tea is too hard to find. Having said that, I do like this one cause it really tastes what is smells like: a blueberry fest! It’s nice to know that it actually comes from the fruit and not only added flavouring as there are so many real blueberries in it! I understand why your daughter is so fond of it :-)

1995 tasting notes

Thanks go out to scribbles for this sample, I’ve been wanting to try it for a long time now.

First off, I was impressed with how many whole blueberries were in this tea. Normally you see a few added for color, but I’m pretty sure that over 1/3 of the package was blueberries. Because of this the blueberry really stands out in this tea, just the way I hoped it would. Most blueberry teas disappoint me because of the lack of blueberry flavor, absolutely not the case with this one. You can still taste the black base a little and there is a nice sweet and tart flavor from the blueberries.

When I drank this hot I wished it was a little sweeter, it was a bit on the tart side still.
Drinking this tea cold is another matter entirely because some of the tartness disappears. Add sugar to it and it really does start to taste like blueberry jam.

JustJames

scribbles introduced me to this one as well, i find it very comforting. i also agree wholeheartedly about the blueberries!

I got this one yesterday because one of my DavidsTea loving friends on here seems to be in love with it atm, and I’m always looking for new latte flavors. I have to say though I need to learn my lesson and stay away from teas that share the same or similar profile to any of my 52teas blends, because this one disappointed me as I already have the perfect black blueberry tea. In comparison to Frank’s Blueberry Danish, this falls flat. The blueberry is not as fresh, the tea not as creamy, and while it is a decent blueberry tea for those who maybe haven’t experienced the wonders of blueberry danish, if you are really looking for an amazing blueberry tea, it has to be 52teas. I enjoyed my cup this morning, but I will probably not be repurchasing.

Nxtdoor

Cold steep this one, it might change your mind a little. I too was very disappointed and then I cold steeped as I had nothing to lose. pow!

Happy autumnal equinox everyone! Whoo, it has been long since the last note. With seminar classes resuming in several subjects and new dance choreography to master it’s been a rather full September this year to say the least. But it’s been all good. To make the most of this last free friday night I decided on this antioxidant-rich tea. It definitely lives up to its name in both fragrance and flavor. Opening the tin the sweet blueberry notes greet you with its comfortable aroma.

When brewed that is when the real blueberry jam experience comes to life. The sweet jammy flavor tantalizes the taste buds and just perks the senses. A perfect breakfast tea to have with some fresh hot buttery scones. For evenings like this it was really refreshing and a nice partner to my late night readings. Tonight in particular…was Jude Deveraux’s “Knight in Shining Armor.” A favorite of mine that is worth quite a few re-reads. Just like how this tea deserves an encore each time a cup is savored. Cheers, and happy tea drinking!

This tea smells heavenly! It’s like I’m holding a fresh pint of blueberries. I drank this without milk. The black tea base really comes through and isn’t over powered by the blueberries. Unfortunately, I’m not getting much of a blueberry taste though. I can smell the berries, but not taste them. I only steeped for about five minutes. I’ll try a longer infusion next time and make it into a latte to give it another chance.

Final thoughts: Blueberry Jam smells wonderful, and although the taste was pleasant, I found it a bit lacking. At this point I’m not sure if I would re stock this tea, it seems more like something I’ll enjoy on occassion but not frequently.

Update!: I just tried this as a chocolate milk latte and it was to die for! As soon as I added milk the blueberries really popped. I guess all I needed to fall in love with this tea was a good amount of milk:)

mynameismoe

this is one of my favourite davidstea blacks. i found it really needed a solid steep time. if i can, i even just let it steep as i drink. i haven’t found that “bitter” point yet! i’m sure it exists, though.
but, yeah, a dash of milk really brings out the blueberry. as a skim milk latte, it’s like blueberry pancakes! (if it’s allowed to steep long enough)

I am a new tea drinker so I don’t have all the official terminology down but I will simply say, I did not like this tea at all. I was extremely disappointed because with a name like Blueberry Jam, I expected something amazing. I have never tasted or knew anything about Stevia prior to tasting this tea but I know now. It instantly made me sick to my stomach. I tried it both hot and cold and it was the same disturbing taste. I made my daughter iced tea with it and she felt the same about the Stevia. Not sure what to do with the rest of the bag!

Amanda

I think you should give it to your daughter. She’ll get used to the stevia :)
Thanks Ma!

Bonnie

Don’t feel bad, I don’t like some types of artificial sweetener. I use splenda or I’d be huge! I drink a lot of tea! I’ve lost weight since I started drinking tea which in my case was a goo thing. Sometimes it’s not only the sweetener you don’t like but artificial flavoring that can taste sour. As you taste more, you’ll notice more. If you want some samples PM me (personal message above…the envelope)…

CHAroma

Ooooh, Bonnie’s found you! You’re in good hands now. ;)

Finally a blueberry tea that tastes like blueberry, not just a tiny hint of blueberry, but like actual full blueberries…this is yummy. Not a reflective tea, but an in your face tasty tea. So depending on your mood, you may or may not enjoy this tea, but for me tea varies depending on my day.

I had a sip of this one out of the other half’s cup at one point, and it was quite tasty. Today it was time to try my own.

Oh dear. The black base went bitter. I didn’t think I’d left it in for that long (though I didn’t time it). Added 2 teaspoons of sugar, can still taste the bitterness.

Oh bugger. Might have to tip this and try again later at home. No rating until I steep it correctly.

So this is my new, (well relatively new) favorite or rather my summer favorite tea-wise. I just absolutely love everything about blueberries, pie, pancakes, bagels, muffins…. I could just go on forever when it comes to that one word. What I never expected was to find a love of blueberries in tea. Weird eh? ( something Canadians always say ) So this just happened to be the tea of the day when I went into David’s Tea earlier this summer. I was just shopping in the mall and decided to fill up on the tea of the day. While me and my fiancée were strolling the mall and sipping on this drink, we fell in love… with the tea instantly. We basically downed this so fast and went back to David’s Tea to fill up on more. While we were there, it only seemed logical to buy some in a tin to take home, so we did just that.

canadianadia

Have you tried brewing it at home yet? It makes the entire room smell like blueberries…it’s fantastic!

Calla

I love the smell :) It was my tea of the summer that I had iced :)

Oh, Steepster. I’ve been quite MIA for some time now. I’m so behind on the things I’ve been drinking! I’m going to ease back in with this one, which I’ve had a few times now both iced and hot.

I found this one a really pleasant surprise! It’s a well-balanced, straight-up blueberry black. I haven’t had a blueberry tea I’ve liked, so this carries the distinction of being the first. The stevia doesn’t interfere too much (though I still find it an odd choice to be in so many blends). I’ve had it iced from the store a couple of times, and it’s flavourful enough to be satisfying while a lot of DT’s teas can be underwhelming iced in-store.

TeaBrat

I was thinking about getting this but now that I know it has stevia… ick

Jessie

You could give it a shot. I’m normally sensitive to stevia in tea/liquid because it seems to leave a weird feeling in my mouth, but I don’t really detect it in this. But I wish they’d leave it out! It seems like all the new teas have it. It doesn’t add anything but apprehension about trying them for me.