Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Berries, Jam
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 413 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1159 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1321 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmmm blueberries! Fruit flavoured black teas have the annoying tendency to be mostly black tea with only a hint of the fruit they supposedly taste like. NOT the case in this instance – this tea is literally bursting with blueberry flavour, not surprising I guess as dried blueberries make up half the volume of the dry tea. The distinct sweetness enhances the fruitiness and helps the tea taste more ‘jam-like’. I only have a small sample but I would totally buy a larger pouch of this tea.

__Morgana__

Shopping list!

I have started going through older teas and trying them again. I have a large tin of this and haven’t had it for months. This used to be one of my favourite teas, but not anymore. Mainly because I have tried way more teas now, but partly because I just don’t like this as much as I used to. It is still pretty good, though I find it has a slight metallic flavour, but that could be just my batch or maybe because of the tin? Also, the blueberry flavour isn’t as strong as I remember. Either way, there is something off-putting about this tea. I don’t know if it’s the ugly grey colour it brews up, or maybe it’s the stevia, but I’m just not enjoying the tea like I used to. Maybe I need to take a longer break before coming back to this tea.

So there I was, planning a reluctant online order (I hate paying lots of shipping just for one item!) just so I could try this tea when I find out that 3 DAVIDsTEA shops have just opened up around Chicago. And one of them is literally right off the Armitage stop! So on my way home from work I swing by, taste some delicious samples and leave happily with 2 oz of Blueberry Jam and a couple cup’s worth of Bear Trap (impulse buy, but it sounded too tasty to pass up). Then I walk across the street and pick up a blueberry-lemon donut from Glazed and Infused (teehee) and head home to dream of the ultimate blueberry breakfast next morning.

This tea was rather different than I expected, but that’s not a bad thing! From the smell and the look of the leaves, I expected a pink-tinged brew and a tart flavor, sort of like an upscale Celestial Seasonings. The actual tea is a typical brown with a strong black tea flavor mellowed out by a bit of blueberry jam sweetness. It’s definitely not tart, but it really does taste like blueberry jam! I do wish it was a little more like tart blueberry jam, though. I added a bit of honey to the second half of the cup, but I think I prefer it without.

I’m very impressed with how many dried blueberries are actually in the blend! They really don’t skimp! And if you’re shameless, like me, you can pick them out of the drained leaves and eat them after you finish your delicious donut. If this is wrong I don’t want to be right!

I had this in my go-cup after visiting with my friend yesterday afternoon. It was amazingly blueberry-y, but I much prefer the berry flavor in Prairie Berry. And I think I prefer the oolong base. But still a delicious tea, I had no problem finishing it. Yum!

Had this today while I was stuck in Surrey waiting for rush hour to subside enough for me to get home. Such a delicious tea, even though it is truly light on the tea and heavy on the dried blueberries.

Moral of the story: Take the freaking bus to Langley instead of driving. Less work, less hassle, less money.

I am not usually into fruity teas. I am more of a spicy, nutty lover. But this tea has changed my mind. It doesn’t have an overpowering fruity taste, which I love, yet it tastes just like blueberry jam. So good and it has me wanting to try more fruity teas!

Nik

I’m not much for fruity teas, either, and also prefer the spicy, nutty blends. For me it’s just really weird to drink something fruity hot. I’ve tried a few, and I think all of my tasting notes say something like, “this was great, I’d love to try it iced.”

I don’t understand why this tea and I just don’t seem to click. My bf likes it just fine. He and I both adore blueberries, this seemed like a logical tea for me to love, but I just don’t get it. No matter how I steep it, I wind up with far too strong a base taste from the tea for my liking. Possibly I need to stick to my tisanes for a more pure blueberry taste. I have tried a lot of nice, fruit based black teas. This is just not one of my favourites.

caile

I don’t like this one either.

I’ve been looking for a blueberry tea lately. They’re not my favourite teas in the world, but I thought I should have at least one in the cupboard if I’m ever in the mood.

This one was pretty good! It is quite sweet, but I find it has a better sweetness balance than the blueberry tea I had from teavana (blueberry bliss, a rooibos, whereas this one is a black tea). Blueberry bliss was a bit more tart and sweet while this tea is a bit more smooth. It kind of tastes like pie or waffles. Nom.

Final Verdict: Great blueberry tea! If you like blueberry tea. :)

Here’s a pic of the new addition to my stash today:

It’s a good tea but I’m just not enjoying it. The smell from the dry stuff is strong and more blueberry than the tea. I prefer White Tiger by David’s Tea as it was more blueberry goodness :D

Boiling

The flavour of this tea is quite thin with the black tea flavour overpowering the blueberry. There is also an unpleasant flavour reminiscent of a metallic flavour on the aftertaste. There is stevia included in this blend which I have found to have a sensitivity to and may very well be the reason that it is unappealing to me.

Kittenna

Aww, too bad you didn’t like this one. I thought it was good when I tried it, but I don’t have an aversion to stevia yet.

Raritea

I definitely seem to be the odd one out with this tea. Maybe I’ll have to try it again!