Blueberry Jam (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Elderberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Flavours, Stevia Leaf
Berries, Blueberry, Jam, Sweet
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by raindove89

• “ I brewed this up in my timolino for work today. It's definitely a very fresh and almost watery take on blueberry, although I think my steeping parameters allow for the juiciness of the blueberries...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “I think I might cry. I've been having a really, really bad month. Anyway, last night at around midnight my laptop sort of just froze while I was in the middle of browsing Steepster and doing a...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Finally a second cup of this one. It's not quite as blueberry-y as I remember, but I think a) there was more black tea in this cup and b) I may have raised my expectations for it....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! So my birthday weekend is drawing to a close and my sister and friend left a couple hours ago. It was hard to see them go so I decided I would curl up in bed with a tasty cup of tea and...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re jammin’

Blueberries might just be the greatest fruit around – after all, they’re the star ingredient of North America’s favourite muffin. And hundreds of years before moms were making them into jams, jellies and cakes, blueberries were called “star berries” and revered for their healing powers. Another little known fact about blueberries is that they make for one great cup of tea – when you blend them with black tea, elderberries, cornflowers and stevia, it’s the perfect companion to your morning toast.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea from Sri Lanka, blueberries, elderberries, pink cornflower petals, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Super sweet, nice fruity black tea, not too strong, not too bitter.

The name is perfect: it really taste like a spoon of fresh blueberry jam.

One of my favorites so far!

This is probably one of my favorite teas from David’s Tea!

It is one of the stronger smelling teas and when I first opened the bag I thought “IT SMELLS JUST LIKE BLUEBERRY JAM!” I have drank this tea with a little bit of milk and I find it really compliments the blueberry. Because of the stevia, there is just enough sweetness to it and you don’t get that bitter taste some blueberry teas I have tried have. All in all, I think DT has really nailed this one! It would be perfect iced for the summer months as well!

Right now I kind of have a “thing” with blueberry tea. Don’t really know why but I have been trying different types. Gotta say this one is my favorite so far. Like it better than 52teas blueberry cream cheese danish, boo berry cotton candy, and Kona blueberry pop. Waiting to try the Blueberry Crumble from Della Terra. But….getting back to this tea. I love this tea. The smell of the leaves are wonderful, lots of real blueberries in it. Can get two good steeps from it. I love it with some milk and alittle sugar-really brings out the blueberry flavor.

One of my first teas from David’s, and I am not disappointed. Smells amazing dry, no shortage of blueberry there! When steeped I find the blueberry scent calms down a bit, but is still present.

I am drinking it with a small spoonful of honey, although I tried it yesterday without and it was just as nice. Definitely tastes like black tea, with the blueberries adding a lovely something extra without being overpowering.

Given that it is a black tea, I find that it does leave a bit of a dryness/residue in the mouth. That said, all black teas seem to do this for me, and it certainly won’t stop me from enjoying the rest of the 50g I purchased! I picked up a blueberry rooibus elsewhere, so my thoughts on that will determine which I am more likely to repurchase.

I think this would be wonderful iced, and I will absolutely be trying that as well!

Blueberry Jam caught my eye on a trip to Davids one day. I took a smell of the tea and pretty much said “Oooooh” being loaded with Blueberries it really does smell like Blueberry Jam, I was sold!

Dry this black tea actually looks like freeze dried blueberries with a little bit of black tea leaves mixed in, certainly not a bad thing, and of course smells like blueberry jam. Brewed the beverage takes on some of the colour of the blueberries and of course still has a very distinct blueberry flavour.

The final brew is very dark with a slight purple hue from all the blueberries, that tell tale blueberry smell is still there and well what do you know it taste’s like blueberries!

This tea is exactly what it claims to be, its hard to really write much on it as it name really describes it perfectly. It goes really great with a buttered bagel for breakfast. Without sweetener it tastes great but if you used to eat the sweeter style of jams (Smuckers) add a tsp or two of sugar and you will feel at home.

Yum Yum Yum. This was recommended to me when I was buying Prairie Berry at DAVIDsTEA by the “tea girl”. She said if I like Prairie Berry, I’ll love Blueberry Jam. And she was right. Love it!

The colour is one of the most amazing colours of tea I’ve ever seen. Shouldn’t be all that big of a surprise if you’ve ever eaten blueberry pie or actual blueberry jam, but the tea is almost black. Starts off as a blue-green-purple type colour and just gets darker the longer you steep. The clear double-walled glass mug I have for my tea mornings is the best for watching tea steep!

This literally tastes like you’re biting into a blueberry when you drink it. It’s one of the most “true to smell” teas I’ve ever had; not like some of the pre-packaged berry teas that you smell and it smells delish, but when you taste it all you get is apple, hibiscus and a bit of a twang of some kind of artificial flavour. The stevia adds a nice sweetened kick, too, so the tartness of the dried blueberries isn’t too overpowering.

Definitely will buy again!

Just tried this tea out tonight after smelling it in the store and loving it. I’m a big fan of blueberries in the summer or when they are in season so this was must.

I was worried as I am with a lot of berry teas that it might turn medicinal tasting (like Robotusin) but this didn’t do that at all. It was lovely and very much a true blueberry. The aftertaste really left the jam flavour. I have yet to try this cold but I think it would be lovely!

(Also I have not tried it with milk but blueberries and milk with sugar is one of my favourite treats so it might be really excellent!)

So, I’m not much a blueberry person either. So me picking this one up is quite surprising. The one sales associate highly suggested it… plus I just remembered trying this tea in an iced chai once and it was good.

This one has a very strong blueberry smell. It’s quite surprising actually. I wasn’t expecting that at all. But it is. It filled the kitchen.

I added milk and a tiny bit of sugar ‘cause I was sort of looking to get a blueberry pie with icecream taste. I didn’t quite get that. It lives up to its name: blueberry jam. If I had used like a 2% milk I could see it being more of the ice creamy taste, but I don’t have that here.

I steeped for about 4.5mins and I’m getting the tiniest bit of bitterness from it. I think this one would be better at 4mins or slightly shorter even. The flavour is very blueberry flavoured. It’s actually really good. Maybe I like blueberries more than I thought? I’m not too sure if I’d get this one again, but I’m really glad that I got to try it.

One of my first thoughts upon trying this one too would be to add it to the strawberry shortcake tea, which is a tea that I’m really loving right now.

This one has been on my radar for a while. I’m really liking fantasy island and I never thought fruity black teas would be “my thing”. Especially with a splash of milk. In my brain, there is just something wrong with that. In practice, it’s so good!

Blueberry jam is an exceptional blend. The blueberry is very overt and the base is quite bland, which is a good thing. It lets the blueberry take over. Ah, so excited! Will stock as soon as I can.

Holy yum. I bought this tea because I’m kind of obsessed with blueberries. When I smelled it, I didn’t get the jam flavor in it but I got a ton of blueberry flavors.

When I took my first sip I thought: “Whoa! This is fantastic!” This tastes like TrueBlue (blueberry juice) but this tea is not sweetened to death. It is a Lipton-La La Lemon scenario. My only complaint is that on the second steep, it lost a lot of it’s magic.

Overall though, it is definitely worth stocking up on.