Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Cream, Sweet, Chocolate, Nutty, Salty, Toffee, Salt, Wood, Coconut, Butter, Bitter, Sugar, Vanilla, Drying, Toast
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is good. Nothing bad to say about it. Maybe that the flavour could be more memorable but it is just so right. Sweet to start; the salt at the end makes you think that the flavour of the sweet has ended, but it is that ending is what makes it so fulfilling to drink because you can pinpoint it.

Not a huge fan of this tea. Without sweetener it is just lackluster. Might try to use double the suggested amount per cup to see if that helps.

Flavors: Caramel

Nice! Somehow, it reminds me of Buttered Rum . There are far more exciting teas from Davidstea and this one doesn’t stand out but still, nice.

I’m on a mission to find a good caramel tea. The problem for me lies in the fact that I don’t like sweetened tea but caramel needs to be kinda sweet – so this might be an impossible mission. This one is alright, it reminds me of Palais des thes’ Toffee tea but a liiiiittle bit better. I’ll have to try the two side by side.

The tea definitely smells like caramel, sweet and a little creamy. But sipping it, the black tea overpowers the caramel flavor but it’s still creamy and sweet.

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Sweet

I’ve tried a few different Caramel teas, and so far my favorite is actually Bigelow’s Salted Caramel. It smells and tastes like caramel, but it’s not actually sweet. That way I can add my own sweetener or not depending on my mood.

Awesome, thanks! I’ll have to look for that one at the grocery store next time I stop by. If not, I might end up making a purchase from their website.. I saw that they also have eggnog tea and that’s another one of my “must finds.”

I really need to get around to trying all their holiday teas. I don’t think I’ve tried anything other than the Salted Caramel. I especially like that one with milk.

This tea really works for me. The toffee and chocolate aromas are strong but the flavour is nicely blended with the saltiness you’d expect from the name. Definitely has the tastes of a lovely treat without the guilt. Very enjoyable.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Nutty, Salty, Toffee

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

YES. Wholeheartedly yes.

This is one of my favourite mild black teas, mild as opposed to the strong assertive black teas in Mighty Leaf fruited teas. It is pretty mellow morning or afternoon tea. I find that this and Buttered Rum by David’s also are in the same craving range for me. Both are my big favourites from David’s selection and I always have both in my cupboard.

This is now my second or third big purchase of this tea.

The tea brews up dark amber. The dry and wet scents are lovely: grounded light caramel. The taste is mellow grounded caramel, light light caramel, with a wee hint of sea salt. It’s a mild tea—I enjoy it black, through two quick steepings. I have had it in store as a latte, but found it not as satisfying as I’d like. The flavour and depth was not strong enough in all that milk for me.

One thing I really like about this tea and David’s Buttered Rum is that the black tea base is relatively mild. Any idea of what tea they are using here as the base? Anyway, it is just the thing when you want a gentle flavoured black tea, as opposed to a slap you upside the head on both sides black tea, which has its moments too, of course.

I like this combination of flavours a lot. I would like to discover a tea that has a bit more true rich quasi-burnt caramel flavour going on, without tasting false, of course. So, if someone has any ideas, please let me know.

Flavors: Caramel, Salt

This sounds like something I would love! I actually just placed an order for some of the Buttered Rum so I’ll have to add this one to the list for my next order.

Evol Ving Ness

Ha! I just bought another batch of both today as David’s was running a buy 2 get one free offer. Sounds like it might be a good time for you to pop by a store if you have one handy.

I saw the buy 2 get one free deal in an email, but we don’t have any stores nearby. It’s definitely on my list for an online order next time though.

I do enjoy this one, though I find the smell a little off putting. Soft, creamy toffee and sea salt, what’s not to love? I was hesitant to try this one because of the coconut, but it really doesn’t stand out. I do find the tea its self makes it a little dry, like dried grape branches, but that’s not strictly unpleasant. This will likely warm up some chilly fall mornings in the near future.

Flavors: Salt, Toffee, Wood

This tea is really delightful. It’s more burnt caramel (toffee) than salted caramel so I add a pinch of French sea salt to the tea leaves while they’re steeping. I usually add non-dairy milk to the hot tea as well. I also like it as an iced latte. It’s not one of my favorites, but it’s another black tea blend that I intend to keep stocked in my collection.

Flavors: Caramel, Sweet, Toffee

First sample from the Not My Cuppa Tea TTB. I chose this because it smelled nice but doh! David’s Tea you got me again! Fairly cheap base and I keep forgetting I don’t like coconut in tea. The caramel didn’t pop and I tasted more salt from my skin than from the tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So this to me tastes more like a salty broth than tea… sometimes I get more of the caramel flavour peeking through, but this morning it was like having broth with my breakfast. I still drank it but definitely was not what I was expecting, despite the “Salted” part of the name.

Flavors: Salt