Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Bitter, Coconut, Salt, Vanilla, Drying, Butter, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 829 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1054 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 922 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is good. Nothing bad to say about it. Maybe that the flavour could be more memorable but it is just so right. Sweet to start; the salt at the end makes you think that the flavour of the sweet has ended, but it is that ending is what makes it so fulfilling to drink because you can pinpoint it.

This tea tastes strongly of caramel, unfortunately it tastes of burnt caramel. Once you get past the taste of burnt caramel there is a nice sweet aftertaste. All in all this tea isn’t bad. It would be great if the caramel flavor wasn’t burnt. Did I say the caramel was burnt? I am glad I only bought a two once sample of this tea.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 min. My usual black tea steep is three minutes but the directions call for 4 to 7 minutes. Next time I will steep this at 190 degrees and see if the burnt flavor dissipates.

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
AllanK

The burnt flavor began to dissipate a little after the tea began to cool.

So I’m working my first night shift all alone in my new work position, so I figured ‘hey new work experience, lets have a new tea to go with it!’

I bought 50g of this tea awhile back for myself and a swap… however I haven’t gotten around to trying it until now. I’m sad to say I’m quite disappointed. In general, salted caramel is delicious , however this tea turned out quite bitter. The only notes I can get are a little salt (which float to the top) and some coconut. No caramel at all :( I normally enjoy black tea, but I’m not fond of this one.

I tried the first few sips just straight, however I couldn’t get past the bitterness so I added a caramel honey stick. I mean the honey stick is great and I believe it made the tea taste a bit better. But it still has a bitter after taste.

Verdict: I wouldn’t buy this again, and it looks like I’ll have to try and struggle through what’s left of the 50g . Maybe a latte will be better? Hmm.

Flavors: Bitter, Coconut, Salt

Very much enjoyed this tea. The caramel and vanilla flavors are nicely balanced, although I didn’t actually taste any salt, that was OK with me, I get the general idea. Would’ve been interesting if they did include a tiny bite of salt in it, but I think David’s is too mainstream to try something like that. Still, I don’t love it any less! I needed to add more tea than the recommended amount because I found the flavor to be a bit weak and didn’t want to oversteep it. I drink this always with milk and unsweetened, my preferred way to drink dessert type teas.

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kittenna

The tea does actually contain salt :)

Sakura Sushi

Be that as it may, it’s undetectable to my taste buds, anyway. Maybe they need to rejigger the recipe – I was hoping for a slight brightness or bite to justify the name “salted caramel.”

Kittenna

I’ve honestly never tasted the salt either. But the smell of the tea is heavenly to me, for whatever reason.

I love a good salted caramel mocha, but I wasn’t sure how well the flavor would translate to tea. This was a pleasant surprise! It smells like rich, buttery toffee and you can see bits of toffee and big grains of sea salt mixed in with the tea leaves. It brews up to a warm golden brown color with lots of big, bold flavor. I was worried it would be too salty, but the salt actually just makes that gooey caramel flavor pop. Drinking it straight today and enjoying it that way, but I bet this would be even better as a tea latte. Here’s hoping David’s does a good Boxing Day sale this year, because my 1oz sample is going to be long gone by Christmas!

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Picked up an oz of this while at the store today. I had to sugar it up a bit because it wasn’t sweet enough on its own so i put in a few pieces of rock sugar and a little caramel honey stick. Yummy :) I made it as a latte but it didn’t stay frothed like I wanted, oh well, next time.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hmm, I don’t believe I have ever had this one before and I am really liking the salted caramel. It tastes like toffee, especially when sugar is added. It seems very rich and delicious! Sorry for the short note but I have a lot of stuff going on today… hopefully I will write a better one later.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

No salt, other than maybe in the form of dryness. A bit of caramel, which is reminiscent of something ooey gooey, but just not enough – for me, anyway. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s just not the one for me today.

Flavors: Caramel, Drying

Anlina

This was one of the first teas I ever bought from DAVIDs. I had such high hopes for it, because SALT! and CARAMEL! but I was pretty unimpressed. I wonder if anyone makes a good salted caramel tea, cause I’ve yet to try one.

MissB

I think the salt would just get enveloped into the drink itself – like any other salted caramel drink. Instead, do it up like Starbucks? Make the tea, then add a dollop of cream and salt on top.

I wanted to like this tea…I really did. The pastry notes, however, fall decidedly flat and overall it was a slightly underwhelming cup.

It might be worth trying again, but I’m not sure I’d be rushing to purchase it anytime soon.

sherapop

It’s funny that, for me, 76 is a high rating!

A tea that makes you go “MMmm” out loud -at first sip.

This tea doesn’t need sweetener but if you REALLY want a desert-in-a-cup, go for it. Another tea going to my must-buy list. :)

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Tea Sipper

Hey EvaGrimm! It seems I can’t send you a message now, not sure why. I was wondering about the Here’s Hoping teabox? Fyrefly1981 said they gave it to you over a week ago? Thanks