Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Burnt, Caramel, Cream, Sweet, Salt, Toffee, Chocolate, Nutty, Salty, Wood, Coconut, Butter, Bitter, Sugar, Vanilla, Drying, Toast
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is good. Nothing bad to say about it. Maybe that the flavour could be more memorable but it is just so right. Sweet to start; the salt at the end makes you think that the flavour of the sweet has ended, but it is that ending is what makes it so fulfilling to drink because you can pinpoint it.

This tea smells slightly like burnt caramel and is not salty at all. The taste is the exact same. I was only able to drink one cup of this, now It just sits on my tea shelf.My son who loves to smell all of our teas, cant stand this one, I agree. The reviews sounded fairly good. I think i’m one of the only few people thad does not like this one.

Flavors: Burnt, Caramel

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

1934 tasting notes

Another one from Julie Jones – thank you! This does taste a little like salted caramel, but I’m not sure what coconut has to do with salted caramel. It’s the tiniest shredded coconut in the blend too. I don’t see many other ingredients in the blend. But one heaping teaspoon steeped for a few minutes results in a darker than usual black tea. It’s not the worst tea in the world mainly because I can’t imagine a salted caramel tea tasting more like salted caramel. But this one seems mostly like a black tea that tastes like coconut.
Steep #1 // one heaping tsp for a mug // few minutes after boiling // few minute steep
Yesterday and todays sipdowns: 52Teas – Forest Berry Silver Needle & Teavivre – Jasmine Bi Luo Chun

Sami Kelsh

I’ve honestly found one tea that has coconut in it that manages not to just taste of coconut to me. Everything else, if there’s even a trace of coconut, it’s THE thing I taste. Why is there coconut in a salted caramel tea? Whyyyyyyyyyyy

tea-sipper

haha really :D

Evol Ving Ness

I love this one. I don’t seem to taste the coconut, but I tend to steep this one very quickly, like two minutes and done.

Not a huge fan of this tea. Without sweetener it is just lackluster. Might try to use double the suggested amount per cup to see if that helps.

Flavors: Caramel

Nice! Somehow, it reminds me of Buttered Rum . There are far more exciting teas from Davidstea and this one doesn’t stand out but still, nice.

I’m on a mission to find a good caramel tea. The problem for me lies in the fact that I don’t like sweetened tea but caramel needs to be kinda sweet – so this might be an impossible mission. This one is alright, it reminds me of Palais des thes’ Toffee tea but a liiiiittle bit better. I’ll have to try the two side by side.

The tea definitely smells like caramel, sweet and a little creamy. But sipping it, the black tea overpowers the caramel flavor but it’s still creamy and sweet.

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Sweet

rosebudmelissa

I’ve tried a few different Caramel teas, and so far my favorite is actually Bigelow’s Salted Caramel. It smells and tastes like caramel, but it’s not actually sweet. That way I can add my own sweetener or not depending on my mood.

taipwnsu

Awesome, thanks! I’ll have to look for that one at the grocery store next time I stop by. If not, I might end up making a purchase from their website.. I saw that they also have eggnog tea and that’s another one of my “must finds.”

rosebudmelissa

I really need to get around to trying all their holiday teas. I don’t think I’ve tried anything other than the Salted Caramel. I especially like that one with milk.

This tea really works for me. The toffee and chocolate aromas are strong but the flavour is nicely blended with the saltiness you’d expect from the name. Definitely has the tastes of a lovely treat without the guilt. Very enjoyable.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Nutty, Salty, Toffee

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

My second craving of the day.
You know when you don’t feel like trying a new tea because you want some kind of certainty in your cup? I’ve been taking all kinds of foolish chances on unknown teas this Black Friday weekend. Ok, maybe foolish, maybe curious, maybe thrill-seeking. Maybe it’ll pay off. Whatever.
Today, I wanted something I could depend on. The moment came for flannel pajamas and this. And to hell with the world for now. And my credit rating.

haha go you!

Evol Ving Ness

I am SO excited about the teapot I ordered that I can’t stand it. I’ve been stalking it for weeks. Oh, and tea.

ooh pics when it arrives! :)

awesome. is that your first?

Evol Ving Ness

Yes, Sil. It is my first and I am devoting it to oolongs. Would you believe that I still haven’t received it yet?

I do enjoy this one, though I find the smell a little off putting. Soft, creamy toffee and sea salt, what’s not to love? I was hesitant to try this one because of the coconut, but it really doesn’t stand out. I do find the tea its self makes it a little dry, like dried grape branches, but that’s not strictly unpleasant. This will likely warm up some chilly fall mornings in the near future.

Flavors: Salt, Toffee, Wood

This tea is really delightful. It’s more burnt caramel (toffee) than salted caramel so I add a pinch of French sea salt to the tea leaves while they’re steeping. I usually add non-dairy milk to the hot tea as well. I also like it as an iced latte. It’s not one of my favorites, but it’s another black tea blend that I intend to keep stocked in my collection.

Flavors: Caramel, Sweet, Toffee