Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Coconut, Salt, Sweet, Butter, Bitter, Sugar, Vanilla, Drying, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is good. Nothing bad to say about it. Maybe that the flavour could be more memorable but it is just so right. Sweet to start; the salt at the end makes you think that the flavour of the sweet has ended, but it is that ending is what makes it so fulfilling to drink because you can pinpoint it.

First sample from the Not My Cuppa Tea TTB. I chose this because it smelled nice but doh! David’s Tea you got me again! Fairly cheap base and I keep forgetting I don’t like coconut in tea. The caramel didn’t pop and I tasted more salt from my skin than from the tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So this to me tastes more like a salty broth than tea… sometimes I get more of the caramel flavour peeking through, but this morning it was like having broth with my breakfast. I still drank it but definitely was not what I was expecting, despite the “Salted” part of the name.

Flavors: Salt

Sampled this as a latte in store. I’ve had this before and was very unimpressed. It’s definitely better as a latte, but it still doesn’t have the flavours that I would hope for from a salted caramel tea. Ah well.

Flavors: Sweet

Sounds sooooo good. But Teavana’s Cococaramel sea salt is ten thousand times better than this one. I don’t pick up any salted caramel at all.

I keep trying this tea, hoping to have a salted caramel experience, and find it to be only a decent black tea. I want to taste more buttery, more sweet, and especially more salt— even when I am careful about how I spoon out the mixture, I get only a hint of salt. I have trouble tasting caramel in David’s Caramel Rooibos as well, which seems to contain the same little “caramel” cubes.

Anyone care to recommend a favorite salted caramel tea or tisane?

Hmmm… I’m not a huge fan of salted desserts. Chocolate is ok caramel…. I don’t know. It has a caramel undertone. I sense just a bit of salt. Which is good. It would be so gross if you could definitely taste the salt. A bit of vanilla now too. The main black tea is earthy. Overall it’s a good tea just not my cuppa.

Eh. It’s almost a strange relief to find a tea I’m really not thrilled about because it means that’s one less to get a larger bag or tin of. Means I can put my student budget back towards food! Huzzah!

Anyway, this just really didn’t leave much of an impression on me. I had it a week ago, wasn’t particularly anything about it, then today kind of forced myself to give it another shot. And I’m still not particularly anything about it. It’s not especially caramel-y as I’d hoped, I do get the salt, but in absence of the caramel it’s a bit lonely. It tastes fine and all, just indistinct to me.

Initially I thought this was a really good tea. As I got to drink it more and more, I realized how much I started to dislike it. After a few brews, the loose leaf started smelling like sweat (ew) to me, and it was just unbearable to drink. I don’t have much to say about this tea but other than the fact that drinking it as a tea latte is the only way to go really.

Sipdown? (I’m new to this, sorry guys. But I did finish the last of this one that’s been in my cupboard for some time now..)

The last spoonful of leaves at the bottom of the bag always tend to make an interesting cup of tea. In this particular mix, I’m going to guess that the caramel pieces and salt are heavier than the tea leaves themselves, because they taste particularly strong today. That being said, I really liked this one. The black tea base is strong enough that it comes through, and the caramel isn’t so sickly sweet as to overpower the whole flavour. It’s a nice balance that gives me something sweet to enjoy without having to indulge my chocolate cravings. I bet it would work really well with milk, for those of you who enjoy milk in tea (I certainly do not).

This one was great to have around, but I’m not sure if I’ll buy more. I like it, but I don’t love it as much as other teas I’ve tasted that kind of fall under the same taste category. In recent weeks I’ve discovered Cream of Earl Grey by David’s Tea, which I’m pretty sure will fill my “sweet, soothing black tea” niche from now on. Still, it’s been nice. If you’re a fan of salted caramel but not super sweet teas, give this one a try.

Flavors: Bitter, Caramel, Salt, Sugar, Sweet

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

Yep, a sipdown is when you finish something, like a pouch or tin or whatever!