Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Salt, Sweet, Butter, Bitter, Caramel, Sugar, Coconut, Vanilla, Drying, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I’m working my first night shift all alone in my new work position, so I figured ‘hey new work experience, lets have a new tea to go with it!’

I bought 50g of this tea awhile back for myself and a swap… however I haven’t gotten around to trying it until now. I’m sad to say I’m quite disappointed. In general, salted caramel is delicious , however this tea turned out quite bitter. The only notes I can get are a little salt (which float to the top) and some coconut. No caramel at all :( I normally enjoy black tea, but I’m not fond of this one.

I tried the first few sips just straight, however I couldn’t get past the bitterness so I added a caramel honey stick. I mean the honey stick is great and I believe it made the tea taste a bit better. But it still has a bitter after taste.

Verdict: I wouldn’t buy this again, and it looks like I’ll have to try and struggle through what’s left of the 50g . Maybe a latte will be better? Hmm.

Flavors: Bitter, Coconut, Salt

Very much enjoyed this tea. The caramel and vanilla flavors are nicely balanced, although I didn’t actually taste any salt, that was OK with me, I get the general idea. Would’ve been interesting if they did include a tiny bite of salt in it, but I think David’s is too mainstream to try something like that. Still, I don’t love it any less! I needed to add more tea than the recommended amount because I found the flavor to be a bit weak and didn’t want to oversteep it. I drink this always with milk and unsweetened, my preferred way to drink dessert type teas.

Flavors: Caramel, Vanilla

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kittenna

The tea does actually contain salt :)

Sakura Sushi

Be that as it may, it’s undetectable to my taste buds, anyway. Maybe they need to rejigger the recipe – I was hoping for a slight brightness or bite to justify the name “salted caramel.”

Kittenna

I’ve honestly never tasted the salt either. But the smell of the tea is heavenly to me, for whatever reason.

I love a good salted caramel mocha, but I wasn’t sure how well the flavor would translate to tea. This was a pleasant surprise! It smells like rich, buttery toffee and you can see bits of toffee and big grains of sea salt mixed in with the tea leaves. It brews up to a warm golden brown color with lots of big, bold flavor. I was worried it would be too salty, but the salt actually just makes that gooey caramel flavor pop. Drinking it straight today and enjoying it that way, but I bet this would be even better as a tea latte. Here’s hoping David’s does a good Boxing Day sale this year, because my 1oz sample is going to be long gone by Christmas!

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Picked up an oz of this while at the store today. I had to sugar it up a bit because it wasn’t sweet enough on its own so i put in a few pieces of rock sugar and a little caramel honey stick. Yummy :) I made it as a latte but it didn’t stay frothed like I wanted, oh well, next time.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hmm, I don’t believe I have ever had this one before and I am really liking the salted caramel. It tastes like toffee, especially when sugar is added. It seems very rich and delicious! Sorry for the short note but I have a lot of stuff going on today… hopefully I will write a better one later.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

No salt, other than maybe in the form of dryness. A bit of caramel, which is reminiscent of something ooey gooey, but just not enough – for me, anyway. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s just not the one for me today.

Flavors: Caramel, Drying

Anlina

This was one of the first teas I ever bought from DAVIDs. I had such high hopes for it, because SALT! and CARAMEL! but I was pretty unimpressed. I wonder if anyone makes a good salted caramel tea, cause I’ve yet to try one.

MissB

I think the salt would just get enveloped into the drink itself – like any other salted caramel drink. Instead, do it up like Starbucks? Make the tea, then add a dollop of cream and salt on top.

I wanted to like this tea…I really did. The pastry notes, however, fall decidedly flat and overall it was a slightly underwhelming cup.

It might be worth trying again, but I’m not sure I’d be rushing to purchase it anytime soon.

sherapop

It’s funny that, for me, 76 is a high rating!

A tea that makes you go “MMmm” out loud -at first sip.

This tea doesn’t need sweetener but if you REALLY want a desert-in-a-cup, go for it. Another tea going to my must-buy list. :)

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
tea-sipper

Hey EvaGrimm! It seems I can’t send you a message now, not sure why. I was wondering about the Here’s Hoping teabox? Fyrefly1981 said they gave it to you over a week ago? Thanks

Mmmm, I love this tea! This is not an every day tea for me, because it has a lot of extra personality, which I’m not always up for. But when I want it, this tea delivers! It’s got a heavenly aroma of slightly burnt caramel (it fooled the boyfriend into thinking I was baking something delicious at one point, which resulted in crushing disappointment – naughty tea!). The flavour is a lovely mouthful of toffee and black tea, with strong notes of what I keep coming back to as buttered toast, and a little hint of coconut under it all.

My only criticism here would be that I really don’t taste any salt in there. Granted, it’s immensely preferable to an overabundance of salt, I’m sure, but I do love me some salted caramel and the salt is a big player in that. However, given the butter, toast, and toffee flavours, if they called this tea “Butter Tart” instead, I would have said they nailed it. That’s a butter tart without vile little raisins in it, of course. shudder

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Toast, Toffee

3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Tea & Cards TTB
I had such high hopes for this one! The dry leaf and the tea after steeping smells amazing. But it was a total let down for me. One of the other reviews described it as hot flavored water and I have to agree. I think I’ll just sit here and smell it :)

Anyone have any caramel tea recommendations? Now I’m craving a good one.

Cheri

Caramel Vanilla Assam from Butiki.

Megan

Ooo I was looking into that one. I’ll have to place a butiki order!