Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Salt, Toffee, Wood, Sweet, Coconut, Butter, Bitter, Sugar, Vanilla, Drying, Toast
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wanted to like this tea…I really did. The pastry notes, however, fall decidedly flat and overall it was a slightly underwhelming cup.

It might be worth trying again, but I’m not sure I’d be rushing to purchase it anytime soon.

It’s funny that, for me, 76 is a high rating!

A tea that makes you go “MMmm” out loud -at first sip.

This tea doesn’t need sweetener but if you REALLY want a desert-in-a-cup, go for it. Another tea going to my must-buy list. :)

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hey EvaGrimm! It seems I can’t send you a message now, not sure why. I was wondering about the Here’s Hoping teabox? Fyrefly1981 said they gave it to you over a week ago? Thanks

Mmmm, I love this tea! This is not an every day tea for me, because it has a lot of extra personality, which I’m not always up for. But when I want it, this tea delivers! It’s got a heavenly aroma of slightly burnt caramel (it fooled the boyfriend into thinking I was baking something delicious at one point, which resulted in crushing disappointment – naughty tea!). The flavour is a lovely mouthful of toffee and black tea, with strong notes of what I keep coming back to as buttered toast, and a little hint of coconut under it all.

My only criticism here would be that I really don’t taste any salt in there. Granted, it’s immensely preferable to an overabundance of salt, I’m sure, but I do love me some salted caramel and the salt is a big player in that. However, given the butter, toast, and toffee flavours, if they called this tea “Butter Tart” instead, I would have said they nailed it. That’s a butter tart without vile little raisins in it, of course. shudder

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Toast, Toffee

3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Tea & Cards TTB
I had such high hopes for this one! The dry leaf and the tea after steeping smells amazing. But it was a total let down for me. One of the other reviews described it as hot flavored water and I have to agree. I think I’ll just sit here and smell it :)

Anyone have any caramel tea recommendations? Now I’m craving a good one.

Caramel Vanilla Assam from Butiki.

Ooo I was looking into that one. I’ll have to place a butiki order!

This tea smell heavently ! I’ve add some milk and a little bit of brown sugar in it. It taste really good ! I think it’s more watery without the milk but it’s still good. The milk bring all the flavor. I will try it as a latte next time.

Sorry for my english

one of my favourite teas hands down. reminds me of like a sea salted caramel toffee bite. so good

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut, Salt

The dry of this one is strangely perfume-y and faintly caramel. But mostly I get that weird perfume sort of smell.
This translates slightly into the brew, but not as strongly as it was dry. The brew itself is also kinda funny looking. Scummy/murky with little dots of what I’d normally say was grease but know that can’t be true with a tea. I’m pretty certain that this is from the squares of caramel/toffee that was mixed in with the brew since I’ve seen similar effects from teas with sprinkles/candies/etc mixed with the blend.
I definitely get a caramel sort of taste from the brew. It’s also nicely creamy, but at the same time it’s got that watery sort of taste that I associate with watery hot cocoa/watery desserts. I’m sure this could be fixed with just upping the amount of leaf used to maybe 1.5 or even 2 tsp instead of the recommended 1 1/4 tsp. There’s also that odd perfume-y scent/taste in with the rest of the tea. But I don’t really get the ‘salted’ part of this tea at all. I could see this going well with some milk/cream or even mixed up as a latte is someone is adept at making such things. Lol.
Adding some truvia brings the caramel out a bit more but the overall wateryness of this particular cup kinda undermines the rest of it.
Not bad, certainly not as something I was able to get as such a small sample from Davids. But I probly would have been disappointed it I’d had to buy a larger amount from the website since this tea doesn’t really live up to its name.

This one turned out really bitter…and I didn’t steep it over the time limit even…What a shame. :/

Flavors: Bitter

I wanted to love this one, but I was never really able to get it right after 50g worth of trying. :/

Wow-you got through 50g still?

Dang. I don’t like bitter teas

I’m a glutton for punishment :P

Soap?! Why am I tasting soap?! It smells soapy too. I just have to face the fact that I’m not a David’s fan girl and need to give up the hope that my taste buds will one day join hands with David’s and live in peace and harmony. On the back of each sip and in the aftertaste I pick up the caramel part, but I’m getting just the tiniest hint of salt. It tastes a little better with sugar, like sweet soap. :(

I’m not the biggest DT fan myself.

I really want to taste the magic that everyone else is excited about, but it just isn’t going to happen.

The DT magic has faded for me with every new tea company I try :/

Booo, I’m sorry it was soapy for you. I really like this one, but I’ve found that one of their other popular teas tastes like cardboard to me. DT seems to be very love it or hate it.

That is how Teavana is for me! The more new companies I try, the less impressed I am with Teavana.
There have been a couple of DT blends that I like, but it really is the exception when I do.

So I cold-steeped this and I’m not going to lie, it probably isn’t the best tea to have cold, but that doesn’t tarnish my love for it. Dark toast, toffee and butter, what’s not to love! It is a bit watery though…