Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Toast, Toffee, Salt
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 921 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 814 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Received this as a sample when with an online purchase, and have been quite excited to try it!

Dry: smells a little sweet, not a very strong scent

1st steep: needed to steep longer than expected to bring out full colour/flavour, however, was a nice light, sweet caramel flavour.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It smells divine, and I tasted some carmel flavor. Tested without sweetner, it doesn’t taste of anything particularly, but once I added a bit of sugar, I definitely enjoyed it.

I tried this tea for the first time recently and was surprised by what I found. It didn’t taste very strongly of either caramel or salt, despite following the package instructions. I’m thinking I might let it steep for longer next time and see what happens.

It didn’t taste bad, though. I can’t complain too much about it — it just tasted a little fake to me, that’s all!

So, maybe I’m just not one for salt in my tea. I thought this tasted like a salted black tea. It smelled nice. The toffee wasn’t too prominent. I just thought it was fairly average. Not good, not bad, not something I would buy in a heartbeat.

I’ve done a terrible job at being productive today. I had so many plans to do things and looks like I haven’t gotten around to any of it. x) Oh well, I guess everyone deserves a weekend off sometimes!

On to the tea, I wanted to force myself to drink the Coco Caramel Sea Salt from Teavana since I have so much of it and I’ve only had it once, just to give it a fair shot. The smell of that makes me nauseous so I couldn’t get past just opening the tin. So I opted for this tea instead. I still love it. Super sweet, my favourite. The only downfall of this tea for me is the lack of saltiness, being someone who loves salted caramel anything. Still a really nice cup though!

EDIT: As this cools, I’m getting so much coconut, it’s really adding a nice, complex level to this tea.

I just bought this tea today and i think i’ve already put it at the top of my favourites list. It is so flavourful with just enough sweetness. This just might end up being my number one late night dessert tea, if i run out of pumpkin chai that is. :P

This tea is just okay to me. The dry leaf smell reminds me of too many Kahlua binges, and makes my stomach a bit queasy. The taste isn’t that great, either…a weak black tea with undertones that I wouldn’t recognize as caramel if I didn’t know what I was brewing. I’ll drink it with no complaints, but this definitely isn’t a repeat buy for me. Maybe some agave and milk mixed in will make my tastebuds happier?

I really have to be in a particular mood for the more sweet, dessert teas… Thankfully, tonight is one of those times! I didn’t find this one too sickly sweet. Definitely on my radar next time I want a dessert tea.

This is a good desert tea… I don’t like the idea of it iced, but warm with some cookies or cakes is an excellent idea. Other than that it was quite ordinary … probably not one i’d get a tin of.

Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I love salted caramels and was so disappointed when I didn’t like this drink. However, DT has amazing customer service and sent me a bag of tea I do like to make up for this one. Fortunately for me, my MIL likes this tea so I gave it to her. At least it didn’t go to waste!