Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Drying, Butter, Coconut, Toast, Toffee, Salt
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 792 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2361 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 951 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a good desert tea… I don’t like the idea of it iced, but warm with some cookies or cakes is an excellent idea. Other than that it was quite ordinary … probably not one i’d get a tin of.

Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I love salted caramels and was so disappointed when I didn’t like this drink. However, DT has amazing customer service and sent me a bag of tea I do like to make up for this one. Fortunately for me, my MIL likes this tea so I gave it to her. At least it didn’t go to waste!

This was such a treat! I wasn’t really with everyone else on thinking that it smelled that great dry. I’m not saying that it was unpleasant – just that it wasn’t AMAZING. But my coworker smelled it as well, and she thought it smelled awesome. So take that as you will!

However, while it steeped, I was in heaven. I just wanted to stick my nose near it and sniff for eternity! A sip was a lovely surprise. Not overly caramel, as I’d expected. It’s a nice trace of it toward the end of the sip. Very creamy and nice. I added a little sugar and cream, but I honestly could have finished sipping it without as well. So yummy!

I like this. It’s a decent caramel black tea. I’m not getting much salt, maybe just a hint (or is that wishful thinking?). I don’t think this will ever be on my all time favorite list, but it’s good.

Alright, so I was bored, and I made a latte out of this and OMG so freaking good. I highly suggest getting a milk frother (the easy hand pump not the steam one) and making it

I have had this tea a few times but have yet to write about it. First few times it was okay…. not bad but not memorable. Today however, I am really liking it. I don’t really know if I steeped it differently, the only thing I know I did this time was add a tsp of rock sugar. Maybe the rock sugar brought out the sweet flavor of the caramel.
A nice smooth and sweet tea.

This salted caramel smells divine when steeped. The taste has just a hint of caramel. Nothing too crazy… it just smells particularly great which is the biggest selling point. Not particularly sweet.

I expected this to be saltier, but it’s not un-delicious. Very similar to Creme Caramel, but I get a richer flavour from this one. Rather than finding it salty and sweet, I find that the salt just takes the edge off the sweetness. If Creme Caramel Rooibos is Mackintosh’s toffee, this is a luxury caramel sold in a boutique and packaged in a tiny box with a ribbon on top. Both are good in their own way.

Another one in my David’s Tea advent calendar. I liked it but not enough to purchase. I wasn’t a fan of the saltiness.

I love love love this! It’s insane! I steeped this a little long…I’d probably cut it down to 5 mins next time. I loved the toffee flavour…almost coffee like. A faint smooth cinnamon finish.

I also found that if you do a 50/50 mix of Salted Caramel and Glitter & Gold that it is very complimentary.