Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Cream, Sweet, Chocolate, Nutty, Salty, Toffee, Salt, Wood, Coconut, Butter, Bitter, Sugar, Vanilla, Drying, Toast
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well at first nothing. I probably under-leafed a bit. This was all I had from the sample and I did it in the Breville so there were 2 cups of water. The directions said 1.5 tsp/8 oz. I had maybe 2.5. For 4 min. Not much aroma or taste to me. (I think my taste buds and nose must be out of whack) I added a little monk’s fruit (liquid). Nothing. Okay, here comes the really weird part… I added a little salt. Oh my gosh! I love it. It brought the caramel right up. The salt did not taste salty but I know its there. MUCH better. Salt? Who would ever think of it… well, obviously me. :-D

Flavors: Caramel

How neat. And hey, it worked!

I don’t even remember receiving this sample, but I found it last night while digging through my stash. WHAT AN EXCITING FIND! The caramel flavor is great in this, with a very nice touch of the salty.

Taking this tea with milk this morning and wow does it ever make the caramel flavours pop. I’m still not getting the ‘salted’ part of the tea but honestly, right now it tastes so good that I really don’t mind. I’m upping the score I gave this blend.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Received this as a sample when with an online purchase, and have been quite excited to try it!

Dry: smells a little sweet, not a very strong scent

1st steep: needed to steep longer than expected to bring out full colour/flavour, however, was a nice light, sweet caramel flavour.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It smells divine, and I tasted some carmel flavor. Tested without sweetner, it doesn’t taste of anything particularly, but once I added a bit of sugar, I definitely enjoyed it.

I tried this tea for the first time recently and was surprised by what I found. It didn’t taste very strongly of either caramel or salt, despite following the package instructions. I’m thinking I might let it steep for longer next time and see what happens.

It didn’t taste bad, though. I can’t complain too much about it — it just tasted a little fake to me, that’s all!

So, maybe I’m just not one for salt in my tea. I thought this tasted like a salted black tea. It smelled nice. The toffee wasn’t too prominent. I just thought it was fairly average. Not good, not bad, not something I would buy in a heartbeat.

I’ve done a terrible job at being productive today. I had so many plans to do things and looks like I haven’t gotten around to any of it. x) Oh well, I guess everyone deserves a weekend off sometimes!

On to the tea, I wanted to force myself to drink the Coco Caramel Sea Salt from Teavana since I have so much of it and I’ve only had it once, just to give it a fair shot. The smell of that makes me nauseous so I couldn’t get past just opening the tin. So I opted for this tea instead. I still love it. Super sweet, my favourite. The only downfall of this tea for me is the lack of saltiness, being someone who loves salted caramel anything. Still a really nice cup though!

EDIT: As this cools, I’m getting so much coconut, it’s really adding a nice, complex level to this tea.

I just bought this tea today and i think i’ve already put it at the top of my favourites list. It is so flavourful with just enough sweetness. This just might end up being my number one late night dessert tea, if i run out of pumpkin chai that is. :P

This tea is just okay to me. The dry leaf smell reminds me of too many Kahlua binges, and makes my stomach a bit queasy. The taste isn’t that great, either…a weak black tea with undertones that I wouldn’t recognize as caramel if I didn’t know what I was brewing. I’ll drink it with no complaints, but this definitely isn’t a repeat buy for me. Maybe some agave and milk mixed in will make my tastebuds happier?