Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Bitter, Caramel, Salt, Sugar, Sweet, Coconut, Vanilla, Drying, Butter, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I love salted caramels and was so disappointed when I didn’t like this drink. However, DT has amazing customer service and sent me a bag of tea I do like to make up for this one. Fortunately for me, my MIL likes this tea so I gave it to her. At least it didn’t go to waste!

This was such a treat! I wasn’t really with everyone else on thinking that it smelled that great dry. I’m not saying that it was unpleasant – just that it wasn’t AMAZING. But my coworker smelled it as well, and she thought it smelled awesome. So take that as you will!

However, while it steeped, I was in heaven. I just wanted to stick my nose near it and sniff for eternity! A sip was a lovely surprise. Not overly caramel, as I’d expected. It’s a nice trace of it toward the end of the sip. Very creamy and nice. I added a little sugar and cream, but I honestly could have finished sipping it without as well. So yummy!

I like this. It’s a decent caramel black tea. I’m not getting much salt, maybe just a hint (or is that wishful thinking?). I don’t think this will ever be on my all time favorite list, but it’s good.

Alright, so I was bored, and I made a latte out of this and OMG so freaking good. I highly suggest getting a milk frother (the easy hand pump not the steam one) and making it

I have had this tea a few times but have yet to write about it. First few times it was okay…. not bad but not memorable. Today however, I am really liking it. I don’t really know if I steeped it differently, the only thing I know I did this time was add a tsp of rock sugar. Maybe the rock sugar brought out the sweet flavor of the caramel.
A nice smooth and sweet tea.

This salted caramel smells divine when steeped. The taste has just a hint of caramel. Nothing too crazy… it just smells particularly great which is the biggest selling point. Not particularly sweet.

I expected this to be saltier, but it’s not un-delicious. Very similar to Creme Caramel, but I get a richer flavour from this one. Rather than finding it salty and sweet, I find that the salt just takes the edge off the sweetness. If Creme Caramel Rooibos is Mackintosh’s toffee, this is a luxury caramel sold in a boutique and packaged in a tiny box with a ribbon on top. Both are good in their own way.

Another one in my David’s Tea advent calendar. I liked it but not enough to purchase. I wasn’t a fan of the saltiness.

I love love love this! It’s insane! I steeped this a little long…I’d probably cut it down to 5 mins next time. I loved the toffee flavour…almost coffee like. A faint smooth cinnamon finish.

I also found that if you do a 50/50 mix of Salted Caramel and Glitter & Gold that it is very complimentary.

I passed by a David’s Tea and the bright colors inside immediately caught my attention. I went in to buy tea tins and came out not only with the tins, but with Salted Caramel and Red Velvet Cake teas as well.

I had been wanting to try Caramelissimo from Teavana/Teaopia but since it got discontinued, I thought Salted Caramel would be a viable substitution. It smells AMAZING dry, though it didn’t smell as good after brewing. I tasted more black tea than caramel, which made me sad. I added a little milk, and there we go! I like this better, but it had a little bitterness to it as it cooled down. May have to try drinking this in an insulated tumbler to see how a full cup tastes before cooling down significantly.

I’d also like to try this blended with Teavana’s CocoCaramel Sea Salt.