Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Bitter, Caramel, Salt, Sugar, Sweet, Coconut, Vanilla, Drying, Butter, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 847 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1116 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 964 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like this. It’s a decent caramel black tea. I’m not getting much salt, maybe just a hint (or is that wishful thinking?). I don’t think this will ever be on my all time favorite list, but it’s good.

Alright, so I was bored, and I made a latte out of this and OMG so freaking good. I highly suggest getting a milk frother (the easy hand pump not the steam one) and making it

I have had this tea a few times but have yet to write about it. First few times it was okay…. not bad but not memorable. Today however, I am really liking it. I don’t really know if I steeped it differently, the only thing I know I did this time was add a tsp of rock sugar. Maybe the rock sugar brought out the sweet flavor of the caramel.
A nice smooth and sweet tea.

This salted caramel smells divine when steeped. The taste has just a hint of caramel. Nothing too crazy… it just smells particularly great which is the biggest selling point. Not particularly sweet.

I expected this to be saltier, but it’s not un-delicious. Very similar to Creme Caramel, but I get a richer flavour from this one. Rather than finding it salty and sweet, I find that the salt just takes the edge off the sweetness. If Creme Caramel Rooibos is Mackintosh’s toffee, this is a luxury caramel sold in a boutique and packaged in a tiny box with a ribbon on top. Both are good in their own way.

Another one in my David’s Tea advent calendar. I liked it but not enough to purchase. I wasn’t a fan of the saltiness.

I love love love this! It’s insane! I steeped this a little long…I’d probably cut it down to 5 mins next time. I loved the toffee flavour…almost coffee like. A faint smooth cinnamon finish.

I also found that if you do a 50/50 mix of Salted Caramel and Glitter & Gold that it is very complimentary.

I passed by a David’s Tea and the bright colors inside immediately caught my attention. I went in to buy tea tins and came out not only with the tins, but with Salted Caramel and Red Velvet Cake teas as well.

I had been wanting to try Caramelissimo from Teavana/Teaopia but since it got discontinued, I thought Salted Caramel would be a viable substitution. It smells AMAZING dry, though it didn’t smell as good after brewing. I tasted more black tea than caramel, which made me sad. I added a little milk, and there we go! I like this better, but it had a little bitterness to it as it cooled down. May have to try drinking this in an insulated tumbler to see how a full cup tastes before cooling down significantly.

I’d also like to try this blended with Teavana’s CocoCaramel Sea Salt.

Hmm, this was the first stop on my quest to replace my lovely Teaopia Caramellissimo. First off, I’m not amazingly impressed my DavidsTea’s black tea base thus far. The caramel flavour is there…if you brew it about 3x stronger than suggested. But the salt gives it almost a sour tinge? Some milk and rock sugar improved the bitter/sourness slightly, but kind of obliterated any caramel flavour. Drinkable, but I don’t think I’ll be buying it again.

Makes my top 5 teas HANDS DOWN!

This tea makes me feel all warm and tingly inside! I would say I steep my tea on the lighter side…

The smell of this tea is amazing. I get asked what I am drinking ALL the time. Smells like dessert in a cup.

You can taste the caramel in each sip of this tea. As a kid, I loved having a cup of tea with the adults for dinner when having dessert… This tea makes me think of a good bite of dessert and a mouthful of tea. And the best part is… no need to make dessert!