Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Toast, Toffee, Salt
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 902 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 773 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hmm, this was the first stop on my quest to replace my lovely Teaopia Caramellissimo. First off, I’m not amazingly impressed my DavidsTea’s black tea base thus far. The caramel flavour is there…if you brew it about 3x stronger than suggested. But the salt gives it almost a sour tinge? Some milk and rock sugar improved the bitter/sourness slightly, but kind of obliterated any caramel flavour. Drinkable, but I don’t think I’ll be buying it again.

Makes my top 5 teas HANDS DOWN!

This tea makes me feel all warm and tingly inside! I would say I steep my tea on the lighter side…

The smell of this tea is amazing. I get asked what I am drinking ALL the time. Smells like dessert in a cup.

You can taste the caramel in each sip of this tea. As a kid, I loved having a cup of tea with the adults for dinner when having dessert… This tea makes me think of a good bite of dessert and a mouthful of tea. And the best part is… no need to make dessert!

Brooke: You know, what often happens with DAVIDsTEA is they throw a lot of flavours at you. We have guests who ask for regular tea and we never have anything simple to offer them from our stash. I think this tea would be nice to have in our cupboards just for that. It’s a regular black tea with just a hint of caramel. I recommend this tea for someone who is used to drinking the regular Red Rose and is a little intimidated by all the flavours DAVIDsTEA offers. I give it a 7.5/10 because you don’t always need a flavourful tea to make your morning.

Stacey: I really like this one. Like many other of the DAVIDsTEA we’ve had, I’m finding the flavours coming out more in the second half of the cup (why do they do that?). It’s definitely a dessert tea, one to enjoy after a big fancy meal. The smell really does it for me too. The caramel lingers in my mouth after I swallow. Wait…is this what they meant when they said seduced? I am seduced? I give it an 8/10.
Read the full review here :) http://teaconnoisseurs.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/

I really, really wanted to like this tea—salted caramel sounds amazing, and some other reviewers seemed to actually pick up that flavor. Unfortunately, I just don’t taste much besides a decent black tea with a smooth finish.

Maybe my sample was stale (though it shouldn’t be—from the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar) or something, but there just isn’t much caramel flavor.

Added milk, with an open mind, hoping it might bring out some of the flavor. After all, caramel candy is made with milk or cream. Much better! I did start to pick up some of the flavor. It could be a nice dessert tea, with milk. But it won’t be a tea I buy more of, likely.

I like the idea of a caramel tea, so maybe I’ll keep my eyes out for another option.

I tried this for my Day 4 of my advent calendar. I generally love black teas, but this one is just not for me. I opened the container and it smelled okay, but didn’t smell caramel-y to me. I steeped it and I tried it and didn’t like it. I tried adding milk but still tasted odd to me. The tea didnt taste like what I imagined salted caramel to taste like. The tea and the flavors are rich, but artificial tasting in a odd way. I think if it wasn’t so rich and strong tasting I might like it more.

Day 4. Wow! This has to be my favourite so far! (4 days in, so I guess that doesn’t mean much, but it is going to be hard to beat!) This stuff smells AMAZING! I am currently making a latte of it as we speak. So good. I had it with milk this morning and everyone kept asking me what I was drinking, it smelt that good. This is one to add to the list of to purchase. I have a feeling these 24daysoftea are going to be dangerous on my wallet.

I’ve said it before, I’m not great with black teas (I’m a bad Brit), but this is delightful. Not too bitter an aftertaste, can pick up the caramel in scent and taste and the salt keeps it from being toooooo sweet. I’m drinking mine with unsweetened almond milk.

Not sure if I would buy it myself but it was a nice treat to get in the 24 days of tea.

Pretty good! I don’t taste the salt or caramel, instead I’m just getting a vague sweet taste. Kind of reminds me of buttered rum.