Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Salt, Sweet, Butter, Bitter, Caramel, Sugar, Coconut, Vanilla, Drying, Toast, Toffee
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I just bought this tea today and i think i’ve already put it at the top of my favourites list. It is so flavourful with just enough sweetness. This just might end up being my number one late night dessert tea, if i run out of pumpkin chai that is. :P

This tea is just okay to me. The dry leaf smell reminds me of too many Kahlua binges, and makes my stomach a bit queasy. The taste isn’t that great, either…a weak black tea with undertones that I wouldn’t recognize as caramel if I didn’t know what I was brewing. I’ll drink it with no complaints, but this definitely isn’t a repeat buy for me. Maybe some agave and milk mixed in will make my tastebuds happier?

I really have to be in a particular mood for the more sweet, dessert teas… Thankfully, tonight is one of those times! I didn’t find this one too sickly sweet. Definitely on my radar next time I want a dessert tea.

This is a good desert tea… I don’t like the idea of it iced, but warm with some cookies or cakes is an excellent idea. Other than that it was quite ordinary … probably not one i’d get a tin of.

Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I love salted caramels and was so disappointed when I didn’t like this drink. However, DT has amazing customer service and sent me a bag of tea I do like to make up for this one. Fortunately for me, my MIL likes this tea so I gave it to her. At least it didn’t go to waste!

This was such a treat! I wasn’t really with everyone else on thinking that it smelled that great dry. I’m not saying that it was unpleasant – just that it wasn’t AMAZING. But my coworker smelled it as well, and she thought it smelled awesome. So take that as you will!

However, while it steeped, I was in heaven. I just wanted to stick my nose near it and sniff for eternity! A sip was a lovely surprise. Not overly caramel, as I’d expected. It’s a nice trace of it toward the end of the sip. Very creamy and nice. I added a little sugar and cream, but I honestly could have finished sipping it without as well. So yummy!

I like this. It’s a decent caramel black tea. I’m not getting much salt, maybe just a hint (or is that wishful thinking?). I don’t think this will ever be on my all time favorite list, but it’s good.

Alright, so I was bored, and I made a latte out of this and OMG so freaking good. I highly suggest getting a milk frother (the easy hand pump not the steam one) and making it

I have had this tea a few times but have yet to write about it. First few times it was okay…. not bad but not memorable. Today however, I am really liking it. I don’t really know if I steeped it differently, the only thing I know I did this time was add a tsp of rock sugar. Maybe the rock sugar brought out the sweet flavor of the caramel.
A nice smooth and sweet tea.

This salted caramel smells divine when steeped. The taste has just a hint of caramel. Nothing too crazy… it just smells particularly great which is the biggest selling point. Not particularly sweet.