Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Coconut, Salt, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 833 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was today’s tea in the advent calendar. I was a bit apprehensive and worried it would actually taste salty. It smells fantastic! The taste is rich and buttery without being too sweet. The caramel and the black tea base go really well together! It tastes exactly like caramel toffee- with an interesting twist. The twist being the salt. It didn’t taste salty to me, but the salt helps cut the sweetness. Overall I found this tea absolutely delightful!

Was out late Halloween partying last night. My Husband was Dresden (he’s geeky and cute) and I was a gothic lolita doll with a petticoat that made my butt impossible to get through doorways and sit down. Ate too much candy and my sweet tooth is still going, hoping this Salted Caramel tea will hit the spot!

DRY: Looks like all the fun bits of this tea settled onto the bottom of my package! Smells salty, caramelly toffee!

STEEPED: Bold, coffee like, but toffee sweet aroma. Little bit of film on the top of the tea and black debris on the bottom that my Steeper didn’t pick up.

TASTE: Strong, deep, bold black tea taste. Small caramel aftertaste. I get faint salt taste end of sip. Not astringent, but bitterness starting to emerge. Not picking up the coconut.
Sweetened, the caramel comes out a bit more.

COMMENTS: Hmmm, I was hoping this would taste like how it smells, but not enough caramel, salt or creamyness for me to fully enjoy this tea, but I am a flavor freak. The black tea is rich, so I think a coffee drinker would enjoy this tea.

Claire

Yay Dresden! Rayn is rereading all the books now to prepare himself for Cold Days.

A lovely autumn night and the full moon is still shining bright casting its soothing glow over all. Much like the taste and scent of this tea. The sweet concoction of toffee, caramel and sweet coconut is balanced nicely by the sea salt. It can also be said that the sea salt enhances these sweet flavors. The nice perk of these candy based teas is that they are guilt-free and allow people to give into their beloved sweet temptations. Way to seduce the tea-drinker’s further, eh? The scent alone is enough to be a magnetic draw, it’s like being in the kitchen while these treats are being made. Wonderful.

Fjellrev

I loooove the scent of the dry leaf.

tigress_al

Even the scent of the brewed tea filling the kitchen is wonderful!

Cassie Eng

To Incendiare: Much agreed there. It’s so deep, dark and rich.
To Tigress_Al: It’s definitely a comfort and soothing to say the least. I love the evening’s when I brew this particular one.

I have had this one a couple times now and really really like it. It is definitely one that I will purchase again ( and there has not been many that fall into that category),

Advent Calendar Day 4! Excitement! Three Weeks til Xmastimes!

Ugh. Ok so Salted Caramel story: I looooove Salted Caramels. A lot. Last year President’s Choice had boxes of them, and when I initially tried them I was like bleh, but then I couldn’t stop eating them, and then I was like yum. So yeah, they are something I will devour if we left alone in a room together.

When this tea first came out hubby and I were about to get married and looking for thank you gifts for our famjams. I added some onto an online order of something for his grandma, because I HAD to try this one. And I have never been so disappointed in a tea. It isn’t salty! I do not understand, and it smells better than it tastes. I’ve had 50 grams that I’ve been trying to drink down/get rid of every since.

So this morning when I opened the day 4 door, I actually delayed having my cup of this because I just wasn’t excited. I enjoyed a travel mug of chocolate chili chai on the way to school instead. Nomnom. And then when I got home I had a latte, knowing full well that the flavour just doesn’t live up to my expectations.

And it still doesn’t. I think I’ve managed to manipulate it enough times that I find it mildly pleasing, but like my mom said to me today when she tried it, it just doesn’t taste like salted caramels. I even tried to oversteep it to bring out the flavor. Nothing. So I look forward to something better tomorrow.

HOWEVER I have been drinking the Skinny all night now that I have some again (first time in a year) and it is AMAZING! Totally makes up for this. And that is my story. The end.

Boiling 8 min or more
PatchworkSheep

I also ate several boxes of those salted caramels from PC last year. They were delicious. Can’t seem to find them this year.
Try mixing this tea with other ones. Especially chocolate teas. That makes it better.

Calla

I’ve heard good things about this tea, but I like hearing different opinoins. I have the advent calendar too, I’m just behind in the drinking porcess because of being sick. So today was buttered rum for me :) Cannot wait to try the salted caramel and see how that goes.

I have been in a bad mood all week. I’ve been chained to my computer bogged down by an excessive load of school work. This law paper I am writing is pure torture; a looming deadline never helps. Naturally, I run to the tea cupboard for respite from stress and chaos. I reach for Salted Caramel because I know this tea never fails to turn my frown upside down. The smell of the dry leaf is divine: ooey gooey sweet salty and chewy fleur de sel caramels with a boozy undertone. A salty caramel liqour. The aroma of the brew is molten caramel without the inebriation from the dry leaf. This is one of those teas that taste just like it smells. It smell and taste reminds me of a Heath Bar. First sip you get the creamy feel and taste of caramel, you can taste a bit of malt from the black tea. The aftertaste is interesting and unique. Once the tea hits the back of your throat, you can taste a miniscule sprinkle of sea salt. Very unique this tea. I would be surprised if this tea doesn’t bring a smile to anyone’s face.

Shmiracles

i really am excited to try this tea above many of the others i have coming in the mail. my roommate just passed the bar so i know first hand how much work it took. good job! (and keep the tea nearby)

How could anyone not like this??

It is a combination of some of the very best things in life. I knew instantly I had met my match. Creamy salted caramel with chocolate tones and a just-strong-enough black tea base. Once again, a delightful blend from David’s.

Ellyn

I love THESE two flavors together…but I tried the coco salted caramel tea from Teavana and it was a no go…I will look into this tea from David’s….

teaNsympathy

Yes! I would highly recommend it! I’d choose David’s over Teavana any day. I tend to dislike their chocolate flavoring also.

Mmmmmm…salted caramel. I have been dying to try this one ever since I found out about it. Alas, I had to wait a little bit after my move to first make some money at my new job, and second order online because I don’t have a Davids Tea handy anymore.

The dry scent is amazing. It’s a rich caramel scent with hints of salt. When brewed, it reminded me a bit of Creme Caramel Rooibos but with a deeper scent, which make sense since this is a black tea. Just the same as Fantasy Island, I steeped this for 4 minutes then added a teaspoon of rock came sugar, no milk.

See, I’m trying to test the theory that the reason I feel the need to add milk to my black teas is because I steep them for too long. My theory was proven with Fantasy Island, but not so much with Salted Caramel. My first cup as described above wasn’t as great as the scent would have me believe. It tasted like a “smokier” version of Creme Caramel Rooibos. No, smokey is the wrong word. More “tea-ish”? I couldn’t get any sense of the salt in there either.

I made a second mug at 5 minutes and put both sugar and milk. Much better. It was smoother, and that rich caramel flavour was more well-rounded against the black tea. Still no salt, but maybe we’re not supposed to really notice it. The more I got through the mug, the more I liked it. I think this one will be a keeper.

This is an odd tea, but tastes pretty much what you ‘d expect…that is sweet and salty. I think the black base is a little strong…either that or I over-leafed. This one is definitely warming me up though. Or maybe that was the yoga like stretching. Could be both, I suppose. It’s comforting, but I may sound bad when I say this…I think I’m gonna save my salted caramel tastebuds for Starbucks hot chocolate. I think I like it better that way. Maybe it is the chocolate? I dunno. I’ll have to try a mocha latte with the caramel and salt topping to see how that compares…maybe it is the chocolate.

This is good, but I doubt I’d buy it regularly. I have a decent sized sample from ShayneBear so I do thank him for letting me try it.

I got this one to go earlier tonight. It was incredibly sweet because apparently a “little” honey meant about 1 tbsp to the person who made it. :)

Not bad, though. Very caramelly. I let it steep (well, I lazily left the bag in) about 15 minutes before it started getting icky. I might consider picking some of this up.

8 min or more