Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Caramel, Coconut, Salt, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 867 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like it. I drink this one straight with a bit of agave, or with agave and a bit of milk. Not bad at all. I’d like if the caramel was a little more pervasive in the flavour of the steeped tea, but overall it’s a good cup.

K S

Did you drink all of these today?

sarai

Nooo – haha many of them were backlogs! I think I’d be floating if I’d gone through so many cups of tea!

K S

I thought maybe you had gone all TeaEqualsBliss on us.

Today it taste like a sweet vanilla almond black tea and a little salt. Most times I do not notice the salt and only once, I tasted to much salt. I realized I have not had a food or drink that was salted caramel without chocolate to compare this to. So, for my second cup I added about a tablespoon of cream and 1/2 a teaspoon each of sugar and Special Dark Chocolate cocoa. It was delicious and tasted like salted caramel chocolate. I’m happy they did not add chocolate to this because I enjoy it on its own also. I also mix it with a plain black when I don’t want something as sweet and like it that way also.

Ive been eyeing this salted caramel for awhile now, I received this as a sample from David’s Tea. As I opened the package I was slightly disappointed by the fragrance. It smelled like burnt caramel. I mean it smelled good dont get me wrong I just still wanted a more caramel smell.

I steeped it around 4 minutes. As I steep it, the smell is like burnt caramel but it has a floral note? I smell a flower in this, like a vanilla flower maybe. MM eck the taste isnt as good as I thought it would be. So I just warmed up milk and add a bit, mm good? not yet….added some Maple Agave…mm possibly better.

Overall, its not bad, I drank the whole thing, but its not what I wanted either.

keychange

I think a lot of people have been disappointed with this tea. I wonder if there’s another company who does a better blend.

Crystal O.

That’s disappointing to hear. That was one of the teas I’ve been eying.

The rating, temperature and time buttons are stubborn, aren’t they?!? I steeped at 98C for 4 minutes as advised by label.

Caramel on the nose and palate. I poured some In a clear glass to assess colour: caramel. Duh. It looks like a nice bourbon or a dark rum.

Found 4 minutes to be perfect as a first steep for me. Sometime four minutes is way too much (buddha’s blend from DAVIDs TEA for example) so was worried but went with it for testing purposes. Caramel through and through. I hate milk but I can see this would be delicious as a creamier version. Maybe I bastardize it with coffee mate and see what happens.

I would love to do blind tastings on teas and write notes without having prior knowledge of ingredient base… but I can’t since I’m buying them based on their online descriptions, not based on sampling. Why do I say this? Because this tea smells and taste like caramel to me. But then I read “English toffee” on the ingredient list and I think to myself: is it caramel that I taste, or English toffee? And what about the coconut?

Will replace, at least until a better caramel tea comes along.

good morning!
I WAS gonna save this to drink with my sister. but I have bad impulse control and wasn’t thinking when I packed it for my trip. black tea black tea black tea!
it’s a nice tea. Not sure it’s my favorite or anything, but it’s nice. Maybe best at night after dinner like as a cocktail alternative. It tastes … adult.

It smells like salt, coconut, and a little caramel. I don’t taste much caramel flavour, mostly salty coconut. Good, but I was hoping for more caramel.

Had my first cup if this at work this afternoon. So very tasty! A real full bodied caramel flavour, without being to overpowering or sickly sweet. A really lovely tea.

I was very excited to try this tea…addicted to Salted Caramel Macarons so hoped this would curb the craving. The leaves smell a bit sweet but not really a caramel sweetness. Figured this would be semi sweet so only added a tiny bit of sugar.
Unfortunately this did not live up to expectations. I really didn’t get any salty flavor from this. It was a tad sweet and would be fine if I was just wanting a basic black tea but it wasn’t really caramel to me. Didn’t intrigue me enough to try again.

BEST iced tea I’ve EVER had…perfect unsweetened refreshing and spectacular..Iced Tea for the discerning and beginner tea drinker…

just perfect…
Another big Plus didn’t make a big batch of iced tea just filled a glass with ice and then poured in the brewed tea and it tasted just as perfect as when I got that orgasmic sample from the store..

In love…again

Haven’t tried it hot yet..that will be a review coming shortly!

New teas! I haven’t bought any tea since before Christmas because we are saving up for a trip, but I finally couldn’t wait any longer and placed a DavidsTea order last week. Placing the order was such a pain – when I confirmed my order I got a message that one or more of my teas was not available in the quantity I wanted. One or more. No indication as to which one – and it cleared my cart! Three times! I finally emailed customer service (I was trying to use the coupon for the free 50g bag of tropicalia) and they sorted everything out. The next problem was that Salted Caramel could only be added to my cart in 100g, not 50! I realllllly didn’t want to order that much, because caramel things to me can be hit or miss. Customer service was good enough to send me only 50g anyway, and 50g of Pink Flamingo! Yay!

Moving on to actual tea-related comments: This is really good! It smells wonderful, and seems well-balanced. It isn’t too sweet, and it has just enough salt to bring out the caramel flavor. I haven’t tried it cold yet, but that’s my next plan! I’ve been drinking it with a splash of milk, but I’ll try it without sometime when I’m home – that way if it is better with milk I have the option of adding some. I don’t have any milk here at work :(