Salted Caramel

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Caramel, Coconut, English Toffee, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt
Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Toast, Toffee, Salt
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Saturday! I'm not working you for once! To celebrate I bought plane tickets to Hawaii. Those are expensive - but our vacation there is in September and I finally got a pretty good deal on...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “Yummmmmmm. I still like this one, yes yes I do. Burnt caramel deliciousness. My stomach's grumping a bit right now about how all it's getting is flavoured water when it really wants something with...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “The scene- my kitchen. The players- Me, and DAVIDs Salted Caramel tea. (a kettle whistles, ROSEHIPS picks it off the burner, scalds a yellow tea pot, and then steeps a basket of Salted Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 903 tasting notes
  • “A pleasant dessert after having some wholesome homemade borscht. I made it with red lentils instead of broad beans, which is how my grandma makes it, and it's still fantastic. I usually drink...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 774 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet indulgence

There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Ingredients: Black tea, coconut, caramel bits, English toffee bits, sea salt, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: soy, coconut, dairy, nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Light sweetness throughout. Slight saltiness present closer to the end of the sip. For some reason, drinking this tea makes me think of pudding (butterscotch or chocolate). The flavour blooms into a more solid caramel taste nearing the end of the sip. This tea sometimes feels thin in the middle, which may be due to the saltiness. I am able to detect the black tea to a slight degree in this blend. There is a definite saltiness in the lingering aftertaste. I feel that I may be a bit sensitive to having actual salt in my tea. I was very glad to try something so different from my usual choices.

My mom bought me a cup of this to go while we were out today.

Delicious, but…I probably shouldn’t leave my tea bag in my cup while I’m drinking this one. Towards the end bitterness started to take over and I decided against mooching for free hot water to resteep.

Boiling 8 min or more

I finished this in record time. I like it. It’s bold and deep, toffee sweet, vaguely salty but not in a way that turns me off. I’m not a huge fan of salted caramel, but I see the appeal. It’s just that all the salted caramel I’ve tried have been giant salt crystals mixed with caramel, so instead of a consistent salty-sweetness, it’s just giant pockets of salt with sweet.

Mehh, this kind of tasted like a lot of flavoured black teas I’ve tried. The caramel was there but I didn’t get the salt. Nothing special. But then on the second steep the salt really came out in a weird way, with this saltwatery aftertaste… blehhh. Maybe I’ll try it as a latte.

I’ve been loving a lot of unflavoured teas recently, and flavoured ones haven’t been doing much for me… I may be moving into a somewhat straight-teas-only phase. I blame Verdant.

This was a good choice of tea for overcast morning. It starts off with a strong malty, black flavor which turns into a creamy caramel flavor and in the aftertaste there’s just a hint of salt. It was just the right amount of sweet too without adding sugar.
I had a slight bit of astringency on the first steep, but I steeped it for far too long because I was walking to work- 15 minutes. The instructions say 5-7.
Sipping a second steep now and there is less astringency. Also there is a little less salt, which of course I’m not surprised about in a second steep. I’m tasting the coconut in this second steep more, which adds to the creaminess. This tea won’t be one of my favorites, but I could see myself getting this to go again from the store because it did cheer me up on this overcast, gloomy day.

This tea is very similar to another tea I have in my cupboard.
I don’t really notice the salt in it, but it is a nice caramel black tea.
I really like it. :)

yeah it’s not bad…there’s something about David’s black tea base lately that I’m not loving….I guess I’ve become accustom to some good black teas.

The caramel flavor is nice. It isn’t sweet….and there isn’t any salt so I don’t know how this is a salted caramel…

But I think the tea base is of lesser quality. It isn’t bitter (like the pumpkin chai I had last night), but it’s still drying and….I don’t even know the word….astringent maybe??

It’s not bad…I’ll drink it again…but it isn’t one I HAVE to keep on stock

This one’s pretty yummy. I’m feeling the black is overwhelming the flavours so I added a drop of agave and it’s better now. Perhaps not permanent collection but delicious nonetheless.

Cold brewed 2.5 teaspoons in 12 ounces of water for 28.5 hours.

This isn’t quite as strong as I’d like it. Perhaps because it’s a black tea I’d have to add a little more to cold brew it than I would to hot brew it. It tastes good, lightly sweet, no artificial taste. Wish the tea taste was a little more pronounced, but again, perhaps I just need to add more tea. Overall a nice way to enjoy this tea that isn’t as overtly Cozy Fall Evening in Front of the Fire-esque, which is what drinking it hot makes me think of.

Iced 8 min or more

Oh, this is my first David’s Tea, and it is so yummy! I’m still so new to hot teas, and I’m loving trying new flavors!