Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Caramel, Coconut, Cream, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “This was not as good today, but I can't really fault the tea. It was really just me having a very lame tea day. I was so busy at work, that I only managed to have two cups of tea. This one, I...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 504 tasting notes
  • “I think I miiiight have had too much caffeine tonight. Feeling a bit jittery... whoops. Anyways, this is the last tea of the evening unless I re-steep something, and it's also a sipdown!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Had a group interview for LUSH today - I have been looking forward to it all week. Frick. This job I have now.. well.. it is NOT what I thought it would be. It's just that I thought it would be...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1032 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am loving the recommondations I am getting from my DT store! This one was billed as ‘the Forever Nuts of black teas’, and… mmmm. I loved the nutty flavour from this. Absolutely divine with a bit of milk. Definitely going to be picking up a tin of this at some later date.

I tried this while I was in the store, and I was not impressed. I didn’t really like any part of this tea, glad I didn’t buy it before I tried it!

I think this one was way oversteeped for me. I had it as a tea to go. Not a fan at all. It turned out bitter and astringent and I had to add a bunch of honey to get through it. Wasn’t impressed enough to try a resteep. Don’t think I’ll ever revisit this.

I call this one my man tea. It is very nutty and rich, and because it mixed with the black tea it makes it quite a bit bolder… It is the perfect tea for a rainy summer day because the brazil nuts still give it a taste of summer… I did not love this one iced.

Another wonderful sample from my swap with Teatiff! I tasted this at first after the recommended 4 minutes of steeping and it was too bland so I steeped it longer. After over 10 minutes, it still tastes a bit bland to me, even with almost 2 teaspoons of tea for 8 ounces of water. Perhaps it is the brazil nuts that have a large volume and less tea leaves are making it into the cup? I did notice a bit of a sweet, artificial taste towards the back, but no real flavor.

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I received a sample of Brazillionaire with my last DAVIDs TEA online order. I wasn’t super thrilled to try it in the first place as I’m not a lover of nuts (that’s what she said), so I wasn’t surprised when I thought it was just okay.

I will say that I really enjoyed its nutty scent, but the taste was a little too nutty for my liking. I also really enjoyed the sweetness it had and the fact that there was no strong black tea flavor to it.

For me, the nuttiness was really my only complaint, but since this tea is so very nutty, it won’t be one I’ll be purchasing in the future.

Still really enjoying this as a breakfast tea. The taste is lacking even with sugar compared to the original sample I had, though. Not quite sure what’s causing it. Maybe the huge Brazil nuts aren’t releasing a lot of flavor? I’m not sure. That’s really become my only complaint. I ordered a 50g bag of this from DAVIDsTEA and most of the Brazil nuts are HUGE. I have a quarter of the bag I ordered left and I got it a week ago. I’m tempted to crush them up to try to get more flavor out of them and more cups of tea out of what I have left, but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Dan

I always crush the brazil nuts before steeping.. releases so much more of the flavor!

sundaysipping

Worth trying it then! As I’ve gone down through the bag, I’ve gotten more and more disappointed with the flavor. Time to find something to crush the nuts with!

I’ve had this tea several times, and overall, I really like the smooth nuttiness of it. I think it is definitely better steeped around 4:30 to 5 mins because longer produced a harsher black tea taste that overpowered the other flavors. I will probably buy this tea again.

Creamy, nutty, very much a comfort-tea. Mama Owl rather likes this one too. Have yet to try with Salted Caramel as per suggestion, but it does feel like its missing something.

This would be great to experiment with and blend with other teas… Buttered Rum.. Salted Caramel…maybe even a few chais. Hmmm.. the possibilities are endless…

I’m on a mission to drink and finish all my teas that are getting a little old. I found this one in the back of my tea cupboard today and I’m glad I did. I have to tell you though I am biased because I love anything with coconut and caffeine.

Dry Aroma: Toasted nuts with a hint of sweetness

Tea Aroma: It still primarily smells of toasted nuts. The black tea scent is in the background

Color: Deep amber brown

Tea Taste: Full bodied with a toasted nut flavor with a touch of sweetness from the coconut.