Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Coconut, Nutty, Salty, Sweet, Nuts, Smooth, Caramel, Creamy, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “This was not as good today, but I can't really fault the tea. It was really just me having a very lame tea day. I was so busy at work, that I only managed to have two cups of tea. This one, I...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 628 tasting notes
  • “I think I miiiight have had too much caffeine tonight. Feeling a bit jittery... whoops. Anyways, this is the last tea of the evening unless I re-steep something, and it's also a sipdown!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Had a group interview for LUSH today - I have been looking forward to it all week. Frick. This job I have now.. well.. it is NOT what I thought it would be. It's just that I thought it would be...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Loving this brazil-nutty black tea! i bought a cup of it to go – just to try – when i was picking up a tin of my Mulberry Magic, which i’ve decided will be my go-to herbal for the next few weeks. I’m going to go ahead an proclaim this the idea black tea for a latte! and – judging from my enthusiasm for the green tea with toasted walnut, mulberry with macadamia, and this brazil nut black tea – i’m pretty sure i’m in a nutty tea phase, which i never thought i’d say, because the idea of nuts and tea seemed pretty gross to me a few months ago.

Brazillionaire, ah what can I say about this tea that isn’t cruel…

First I will start by saying it is a great tea, I have yet to get a bad tea from Davids, but there have been a couple that I am just not a fan of, this was one of them.

Dry this black tea has a very nutty smell to it, this smell really never does go away during the brewing or consuming process which is probably what turned me off from it.

The final brew is golden brown and very clear, it retains the potent nut smell right to the end. It also has a very nutty taste that I really wasn’t jiving on.

This was the first ‘nut-based’ tea that I have sampled and it certainly wasn’t for myself. The tea was great for sure but my own flaws left me not enjoying the taste so much, definitely suited to those who like trail mixes or other high concentration of nuts.

I did not think I would like this tea. Out of the three in the Gentlemen’s collection, it was the one I wanted to try the least.

Then my husband and I went to David’s to grab a latte each. He is a hard core earl grey drinker (or was until he tried this) and I was trying to widen his tea pallet. I got a Honeybee Latte, he got one of these. And he ‘won’ the tea choice that day. This tea is fabulous, and I don’t know why I didn’t think I would love it considering Forever Nuts is one of my favorite herbal blends.

It is perfect as a latte. Earthy with a rich nutty flavour, it tastes like a fine straight black blend but better. We like our tea strong so I steep it for longer than on the package, and then add a bit of sweetener and frothed milk. I seem to be really into teas that I can make amazing Lattes out of lately, and this one fits the boat for something that doesn’t come out super sweet. It’s nutty and delicious, what more is there to say?

This is a pleasant tea, and this cup, brewed properly, is much better than the one I hastily brewed in a hotel restaurant the first time. The black tea is decent, having a slightly dry and bitter taste, and the nutty-ness is very pleasant, but not overpowering.

All in all, an excellent morning tea. I do with that I would have gotten more than 25g now!

Visited Davids Tea today to top up on a few faves AND this new tea. I like nutty teas (hehe!) – toasted walnut is one of my favourite greens. I was excited to try a nutty black tea – and I definitely hadn’t tried a tea with brazil nuts in it.

Brazillionaire smells wonderful dry – nutty w/ a hint of coconut and a bit of sweetness from the raisins.

Came home and steeped a cup right away – the smell was great, nuttier and rich, it steeped to a medium amber colour. This tea is delicious – the nuttiness is definitely the dominant flavour, along with the tea – the coconut lingers in the background. Definitely a keeper!

Edit to add: still delicious – but the whole brazil nuts are kind of huge! I’ve been breaking them up ab bit when I scoop out the dry tea. On the other hand, the big steeped brazil nuts are delicious after steeping and cooling a bit – still crunchy on inside!

This is super nutty. xD Tasting some coconut in this one too…but mainly reminds me of salted nuts. It’s very sweet, and pretty salty tasting too. Don’t usually taste a lot of salt in teas, so this kinda feels a little like new territory :P
But not a bad tea. Wouldn’t drink again probably.
Glad DavidsTea sent me this sample in my last order!

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Salty, Sweet

Time to get rid of all these old samples! Here’s another one that is God only knows how old. Speaking of which, has anyone seen that BBC music video of “God Only Knows” that’s floating around Facebook? I really like it! Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo

This one already smells better than the last DAVIDsTEA sample I tried (Ceylon Star). However, I’m still getting a lot of fake artificial coconut flavoring in this that I really don’t like. I can’t even taste anything else in here. No cream, no caramel, no nuts. There are raisins in here?! Nope, none of that either. You know what it does have? That lovely bit of scum floating on the surface. At least the aftertaste isn’t as potently disgusting as Ceylon Star. In summary, I’m afraid this one is another bust. Boo!

Fjellrev

Thanks for the share! I haven’t seen the video until now. I’m glad they also have a link to identify everyone on the video because wow, so many young people I don’t know.

As for the tea, I find this one is only decent when it’s super fresh, otherwise the nuts and coconut go rancid and these weird undertones start to come out.

Indigobloom

best commercial I’ve seen in awhile

CHAroma

I didn’t recognize half those people either, even after reading their names, LOL! But I really like it anyway. I think it’s very well made.

And yes, I learned the hard way with this tea that coconut does not keep well over time. Live and learn!

This is in my top three favorite teas I’ve tried so far from David’s Tea! I love Brazil nuts, but I’ve never seen them used in a tea before. This blend is lovely…smooth and creamy with a fantastic rich, nutty flavor. Thank you to VariaTEA for sending along a sample! I suspect I’ll be re-purchasing this one soon.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Smooth

VariaTEA

What’s the other two in your top three?!?

Inkling

Chocolate Rocket and Salted Caramel. :) I do love a good dessert tea! Wishing I lived close to a David’s so I could try one of those eggnog lattes you keep talking about…they sound amazing!

I am still loving this tea!

The problem is I am already running out because I’m drinking it so much. I think I’m drinking it just to be able to eat the brazil nuts after steeping. They are mostly full or half size nuts.Brazil nuts are my favorite nut. I’m pretending that there are no calories in the nuts because it’s a tea. I’ve been resteeping 2x’s . (It is always interesting to see what autocorrect does with resteeping: resetting, stepping, etc.) NayLynn sent me some tea with a sample of Brazillionaire . Yea! I am a lucky girl!

Another sample sipdown. This one is just ok. The nuttiness is nice, but overall I don’t find it very interesting.