Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Caramel, Coconut, Cream, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “This was not as good today, but I can't really fault the tea. It was really just me having a very lame tea day. I was so busy at work, that I only managed to have two cups of tea. This one, I...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 508 tasting notes
  • “I think I miiiight have had too much caffeine tonight. Feeling a bit jittery... whoops. Anyways, this is the last tea of the evening unless I re-steep something, and it's also a sipdown!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “Had a group interview for LUSH today - I have been looking forward to it all week. Frick. This job I have now.. well.. it is NOT what I thought it would be. It's just that I thought it would be...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1035 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It does what it says it will. This was my first time trying a nut tea. (And I am super happy that the girl who helped me encouraged me to get 1/2 oz so that I could truly sample with a clear conscience) It is exactly what it should be. A nutty tea. Beautiful aroma. But, I’m just not a nut tea person… if I were I would have scored it higher I’m sure.

Loving this brazil-nutty black tea! i bought a cup of it to go – just to try – when i was picking up a tin of my Mulberry Magic, which i’ve decided will be my go-to herbal for the next few weeks. I’m going to go ahead an proclaim this the idea black tea for a latte! and – judging from my enthusiasm for the green tea with toasted walnut, mulberry with macadamia, and this brazil nut black tea – i’m pretty sure i’m in a nutty tea phase, which i never thought i’d say, because the idea of nuts and tea seemed pretty gross to me a few months ago.

Brazillionaire, ah what can I say about this tea that isn’t cruel…

First I will start by saying it is a great tea, I have yet to get a bad tea from Davids, but there have been a couple that I am just not a fan of, this was one of them.

Dry this black tea has a very nutty smell to it, this smell really never does go away during the brewing or consuming process which is probably what turned me off from it.

The final brew is golden brown and very clear, it retains the potent nut smell right to the end. It also has a very nutty taste that I really wasn’t jiving on.

This was the first ‘nut-based’ tea that I have sampled and it certainly wasn’t for myself. The tea was great for sure but my own flaws left me not enjoying the taste so much, definitely suited to those who like trail mixes or other high concentration of nuts.

I did not think I would like this tea. Out of the three in the Gentlemen’s collection, it was the one I wanted to try the least.

Then my husband and I went to David’s to grab a latte each. He is a hard core earl grey drinker (or was until he tried this) and I was trying to widen his tea pallet. I got a Honeybee Latte, he got one of these. And he ‘won’ the tea choice that day. This tea is fabulous, and I don’t know why I didn’t think I would love it considering Forever Nuts is one of my favorite herbal blends.

It is perfect as a latte. Earthy with a rich nutty flavour, it tastes like a fine straight black blend but better. We like our tea strong so I steep it for longer than on the package, and then add a bit of sweetener and frothed milk. I seem to be really into teas that I can make amazing Lattes out of lately, and this one fits the boat for something that doesn’t come out super sweet. It’s nutty and delicious, what more is there to say?

This is a pleasant tea, and this cup, brewed properly, is much better than the one I hastily brewed in a hotel restaurant the first time. The black tea is decent, having a slightly dry and bitter taste, and the nutty-ness is very pleasant, but not overpowering.

All in all, an excellent morning tea. I do with that I would have gotten more than 25g now!

Visited Davids Tea today to top up on a few faves AND this new tea. I like nutty teas (hehe!) – toasted walnut is one of my favourite greens. I was excited to try a nutty black tea – and I definitely hadn’t tried a tea with brazil nuts in it.

Brazillionaire smells wonderful dry – nutty w/ a hint of coconut and a bit of sweetness from the raisins.

Came home and steeped a cup right away – the smell was great, nuttier and rich, it steeped to a medium amber colour. This tea is delicious – the nuttiness is definitely the dominant flavour, along with the tea – the coconut lingers in the background. Definitely a keeper!

Edit to add: still delicious – but the whole brazil nuts are kind of huge! I’ve been breaking them up ab bit when I scoop out the dry tea. On the other hand, the big steeped brazil nuts are delicious after steeping and cooling a bit – still crunchy on inside!

This is a really heavy blend, what with the huge chunks of nuts in it, but I adore the taste. I don’t get a lot of either raisin or coconut, but I do get a rich, nutty note on a smooth black base. This is a new try for me and I am glad I gave it a shot!

I received a sample of this tea from TeaTiff. Thank you so much!!
The smell of this in my mug is so great…really round and nutty. I’m really loving the coconut and raisins in there mingling with the brazil nuts.
Such a comfy, yummy mug of tea. :)
I’m going to take this outside and try to find a spot of sunshine to sit in.

Yum! This tea is delicious! The smell! The taste! The coconut! I was a little skeptical when I looked at the dry tea leaves, but once I smelled it, I fell in love!!! Has a very nutty smell and taste. It smells sweet, but doesn’t taste too sweet – it’s perfect! I will definitely replace this in my tea collection when I run out! If it had one flaw, I would have to point out that once in a while, it had a strange aftertaste… But not unpleasant…

Flavors: Caramel, Coconut, Cream, Nuts

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Received this tea as a sample with an online order.

Dry: smells nutty, slightly sweet

1st steep: strong unidentifiable nutty flavour (granted I don’t regularly eat brazil nuts so maybe that’s what the flavour is and I’m unaware).

2nd steep: more of the same

This is the first David’s Tea tea that I’ve expected to enjoy and haven’t. As far as nutty teas go, I much prefer Vanilla nut Creme by Stash.