Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Coconut, Nutty, Smooth, Raisins, Salty, Sweet, Nuts, Caramel, Creamy, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “This was not as good today, but I can't really fault the tea. It was really just me having a very lame tea day. I was so busy at work, that I only managed to have two cups of tea. This one, I...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 669 tasting notes
  • “I think I miiiight have had too much caffeine tonight. Feeling a bit jittery... whoops. Anyways, this is the last tea of the evening unless I re-steep something, and it's also a sipdown!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “Had a group interview for LUSH today - I have been looking forward to it all week. Frick. This job I have now.. well.. it is NOT what I thought it would be. It's just that I thought it would be...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 512 tasting notes
  • “While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1082 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Loving this brazil-nutty black tea! i bought a cup of it to go – just to try – when i was picking up a tin of my Mulberry Magic, which i’ve decided will be my go-to herbal for the next few weeks. I’m going to go ahead an proclaim this the idea black tea for a latte! and – judging from my enthusiasm for the green tea with toasted walnut, mulberry with macadamia, and this brazil nut black tea – i’m pretty sure i’m in a nutty tea phase, which i never thought i’d say, because the idea of nuts and tea seemed pretty gross to me a few months ago.

Brazillionaire, ah what can I say about this tea that isn’t cruel…

First I will start by saying it is a great tea, I have yet to get a bad tea from Davids, but there have been a couple that I am just not a fan of, this was one of them.

Dry this black tea has a very nutty smell to it, this smell really never does go away during the brewing or consuming process which is probably what turned me off from it.

The final brew is golden brown and very clear, it retains the potent nut smell right to the end. It also has a very nutty taste that I really wasn’t jiving on.

This was the first ‘nut-based’ tea that I have sampled and it certainly wasn’t for myself. The tea was great for sure but my own flaws left me not enjoying the taste so much, definitely suited to those who like trail mixes or other high concentration of nuts.

I did not think I would like this tea. Out of the three in the Gentlemen’s collection, it was the one I wanted to try the least.

Then my husband and I went to David’s to grab a latte each. He is a hard core earl grey drinker (or was until he tried this) and I was trying to widen his tea pallet. I got a Honeybee Latte, he got one of these. And he ‘won’ the tea choice that day. This tea is fabulous, and I don’t know why I didn’t think I would love it considering Forever Nuts is one of my favorite herbal blends.

It is perfect as a latte. Earthy with a rich nutty flavour, it tastes like a fine straight black blend but better. We like our tea strong so I steep it for longer than on the package, and then add a bit of sweetener and frothed milk. I seem to be really into teas that I can make amazing Lattes out of lately, and this one fits the boat for something that doesn’t come out super sweet. It’s nutty and delicious, what more is there to say?

This is a pleasant tea, and this cup, brewed properly, is much better than the one I hastily brewed in a hotel restaurant the first time. The black tea is decent, having a slightly dry and bitter taste, and the nutty-ness is very pleasant, but not overpowering.

All in all, an excellent morning tea. I do with that I would have gotten more than 25g now!

Visited Davids Tea today to top up on a few faves AND this new tea. I like nutty teas (hehe!) – toasted walnut is one of my favourite greens. I was excited to try a nutty black tea – and I definitely hadn’t tried a tea with brazil nuts in it.

Brazillionaire smells wonderful dry – nutty w/ a hint of coconut and a bit of sweetness from the raisins.

Came home and steeped a cup right away – the smell was great, nuttier and rich, it steeped to a medium amber colour. This tea is delicious – the nuttiness is definitely the dominant flavour, along with the tea – the coconut lingers in the background. Definitely a keeper!

Edit to add: still delicious – but the whole brazil nuts are kind of huge! I’ve been breaking them up ab bit when I scoop out the dry tea. On the other hand, the big steeped brazil nuts are delicious after steeping and cooling a bit – still crunchy on inside!

I received this as a sample in one of my recent David’s Tea orders. I was happy that this tea in particular was sent because I had never tried it before and had always wondered about it. I would have bought a small amount to try previously but when I asked my sister about it, she told me it was “awful.” I steeped mine and added a little agave nectar and milk. I was expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I ended up pleasantly surprised when it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I found that I actually liked it! Nutty overload! It’s very strong in it’s nutty flavour, different and unique from the other teas I have in my cupboard. I can taste the black tea in the base and I like that it’s smooth. I also get a nice hint of coconut . I guess my sister and I have different tastes in tea. She’s a big fan of Love Tea #7 and Fantasy Island and I prefer this one over both of those. Maybe if I had drank this plain, without the agave nectar and milk, I wouldn’t have liked it quite as much but with those added, I enjoyed my mug of it.

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Smooth

sweetea

I just wish the Brazil nuts were chopped a bit more finely. Or were . . . less heavy, to be honest. Hah!

teapartyfortwo

haha! I noticed that they were rather large pieces!

Finally digging through the dauntingly large selection of DAVIDsTEA samples from beelicious! This one has a rich, intense nutty aroma that develops into something more coconut-esque after brewing. The flavor is very strongly nutty and coconut-heavy as well. With a splash of coconut milk, it becomes nicely creamy. There are golden raisins visible in the blend, which I had been excited about, but I’m not getting much from them—the two dominant flavors overpower the rest, including the tea base itself, to the extent that the brew tastes a bit coffeeish. If you like rich, strong flavored teas, you may like this one, even if it’s a bit heavy-handed for my personal tastes.

This tea is just not that great. It smelled incredible in the store but its taste does not match the aroma. I am glad I only bought two ounces. The taste of the Brazil nuts is strong but just doesn’t work. There is also a sour note that I don’t know if it is from the Brazil nuts. Its not terrible, just not very good.

I steeped this once in an 18 oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 min.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
Tealizzy

I used to love this one, but I think the nuts go bad quickly. Try a little sugar and a tiny splash of milk.

TeaBrat

I wasn’t a fan of it myself

Cooking TTB #11

Oh boy! Another one to add to my eventual DAVIDs tea purchase!

This was so perfect to have on Christmas Eve when I was home alone and making cookie dough. The three most predominant flavors I got were the Brazil nuts, coconut (in taste and smell), and raisin. Those three were so delicious together. I am very grateful to Inkling for sneaking some of this in there for me!

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Raisins

This is super nutty. xD Tasting some coconut in this one too…but mainly reminds me of salted nuts. It’s very sweet, and pretty salty tasting too. Don’t usually taste a lot of salt in teas, so this kinda feels a little like new territory :P
But not a bad tea. Wouldn’t drink again probably.
Glad DavidsTea sent me this sample in my last order!

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Salty, Sweet