Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Nutty, Nuts, Coconut, Smooth, Raisins, Salty, Sweet, Caramel, Creamy, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Loving this brazil-nutty black tea! i bought a cup of it to go – just to try – when i was picking up a tin of my Mulberry Magic, which i’ve decided will be my go-to herbal for the next few weeks. I’m going to go ahead an proclaim this the idea black tea for a latte! and – judging from my enthusiasm for the green tea with toasted walnut, mulberry with macadamia, and this brazil nut black tea – i’m pretty sure i’m in a nutty tea phase, which i never thought i’d say, because the idea of nuts and tea seemed pretty gross to me a few months ago.

Brazillionaire, ah what can I say about this tea that isn’t cruel…

First I will start by saying it is a great tea, I have yet to get a bad tea from Davids, but there have been a couple that I am just not a fan of, this was one of them.

Dry this black tea has a very nutty smell to it, this smell really never does go away during the brewing or consuming process which is probably what turned me off from it.

The final brew is golden brown and very clear, it retains the potent nut smell right to the end. It also has a very nutty taste that I really wasn’t jiving on.

This was the first ‘nut-based’ tea that I have sampled and it certainly wasn’t for myself. The tea was great for sure but my own flaws left me not enjoying the taste so much, definitely suited to those who like trail mixes or other high concentration of nuts.

I did not think I would like this tea. Out of the three in the Gentlemen’s collection, it was the one I wanted to try the least.

Then my husband and I went to David’s to grab a latte each. He is a hard core earl grey drinker (or was until he tried this) and I was trying to widen his tea pallet. I got a Honeybee Latte, he got one of these. And he ‘won’ the tea choice that day. This tea is fabulous, and I don’t know why I didn’t think I would love it considering Forever Nuts is one of my favorite herbal blends.

It is perfect as a latte. Earthy with a rich nutty flavour, it tastes like a fine straight black blend but better. We like our tea strong so I steep it for longer than on the package, and then add a bit of sweetener and frothed milk. I seem to be really into teas that I can make amazing Lattes out of lately, and this one fits the boat for something that doesn’t come out super sweet. It’s nutty and delicious, what more is there to say?

I sipped this tea down a few days ago, and will miss having its reassuring, nutty presence in my life. Though this was a finicky tea, the slightest second of over-brewing leaving a pungent bitter taste, it was also a warm and welcoming one. I don’t usually go for flavored tea, but this tea was reassuring and comforting, in the same way peanut butter toast is.

Flavors: Nuts, Nutty

Visited Davids Tea today to top up on a few faves AND this new tea. I like nutty teas (hehe!) – toasted walnut is one of my favourite greens. I was excited to try a nutty black tea – and I definitely hadn’t tried a tea with brazil nuts in it.

Brazillionaire smells wonderful dry – nutty w/ a hint of coconut and a bit of sweetness from the raisins.

Came home and steeped a cup right away – the smell was great, nuttier and rich, it steeped to a medium amber colour. This tea is delicious – the nuttiness is definitely the dominant flavour, along with the tea – the coconut lingers in the background. Definitely a keeper!

Edit to add: still delicious – but the whole brazil nuts are kind of huge! I’ve been breaking them up ab bit when I scoop out the dry tea. On the other hand, the big steeped brazil nuts are delicious after steeping and cooling a bit – still crunchy on inside!

I tried this tea as a tea latte this weekend (which isn’t reallllly trying it). The sales lady said that they are getting rid of this tea and it’s been on my wishlist for a while now so I decided to go for it.
It smelled creamy and nutty in the can, but when the woman messed up my order and put steamed soy in it instead of milk.. all I could taste was soy with just a slight hint of nut.
I think it would have been better with milk. or just plane.

meh.

I received this sample in an online order at DAVIDsTEA a while ago and never got to trying it, so here goes! I figured it’d be good to try this since it has a high caffeine content and I’m sitting here nodding off at work.

Upon first sip, it has a strong black tea taste.

Halfway through, I still can’t seem to taste any other flavour but black tea, which is disappointing because it has a nice nutty (almost hazelnut) smell.

Can’t taste any coconut despite having many pieces in my loose leaf, or any sweetness from raisins—I might not have had enough of those in my sample to get any—I can’t seem to find any in my wet leaves, but I do remember seeing at least one before steeping.

All in all it was just “okay”. I can get through it just fine, but it doesn’t taste like anything special… Maybe the sample packet didn’t have well-distributed ingredients. But for now, I can’t say I’d ever like another cup of this. :(

Flavors: Nutty

Got this as a sample in my last order from David’s. I was really excited to try it, but was kind of disappointed … Maybe it was my fault, but it wasn’t nearly as strong as I was hoping. Tasted just kind of like water .. but it smelled delicious! I would try it again if I got another sample, but I won’t order it on my own. Just next time — steep more tea!!

Flavors: Nuts

I received this as a sample in one of my recent David’s Tea orders. I was happy that this tea in particular was sent because I had never tried it before and had always wondered about it. I would have bought a small amount to try previously but when I asked my sister about it, she told me it was “awful.” I steeped mine and added a little agave nectar and milk. I was expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I ended up pleasantly surprised when it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I found that I actually liked it! Nutty overload! It’s very strong in it’s nutty flavour, different and unique from the other teas I have in my cupboard. I can taste the black tea in the base and I like that it’s smooth. I also get a nice hint of coconut . I guess my sister and I have different tastes in tea. She’s a big fan of Love Tea #7 and Fantasy Island and I prefer this one over both of those. Maybe if I had drank this plain, without the agave nectar and milk, I wouldn’t have liked it quite as much but with those added, I enjoyed my mug of it.

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Smooth

sweetea

I just wish the Brazil nuts were chopped a bit more finely. Or were . . . less heavy, to be honest. Hah!

teapartyfortwo

haha! I noticed that they were rather large pieces!

Finally digging through the dauntingly large selection of DAVIDsTEA samples from beelicious! This one has a rich, intense nutty aroma that develops into something more coconut-esque after brewing. The flavor is very strongly nutty and coconut-heavy as well. With a splash of coconut milk, it becomes nicely creamy. There are golden raisins visible in the blend, which I had been excited about, but I’m not getting much from them—the two dominant flavors overpower the rest, including the tea base itself, to the extent that the brew tastes a bit coffeeish. If you like rich, strong flavored teas, you may like this one, even if it’s a bit heavy-handed for my personal tastes.