Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Caramel, Coconut, Cream, Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “This was not as good today, but I can't really fault the tea. It was really just me having a very lame tea day. I was so busy at work, that I only managed to have two cups of tea. This one, I...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 482 tasting notes
  • “I think I miiiight have had too much caffeine tonight. Feeling a bit jittery... whoops. Anyways, this is the last tea of the evening unless I re-steep something, and it's also a sipdown!...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Had a group interview for LUSH today - I have been looking forward to it all week. Frick. This job I have now.. well.. it is NOT what I thought it would be. It's just that I thought it would be...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1019 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brazillionaire (please hold as I add this word to Chrome’s dictionary) is one of my favorite teas! I was recently in a little quarrel with one of my friends who thought that Brazil nuts and Macadamia nuts are the same thing (what on Earth?). They are definitely not!

Anyways, I particularly love this tea because of its distinct nutty taste! Mmmmmmmm……. The raisins add a bit of sweetness and the coconut compliments the nuttiness ;)

For some, this tea may be too much to handle. Don’t get me wrong, the nut flavor is extremely strong. My dad said it was too nutty for him. Haha. I love this tea BECAUSE it is nutty (and you can eat the nuts afterwards :P). So go ahead and try it! CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!?!

This smells wonderful and of course looks a lot of fun with all of those whole nut pieces…not as disappointing as some other David’s dessert-flavored stuff that sounds like heaven but then is kind of weak with a meh base (Chocolate Chili Chai, for example).

Rich and creamy enough it doesn’t need milk or sugar (really, after finishing this cup and preparing dinner like an hour later I was still marveling at how rich and filling it was). Nice with a biscuit! Pretty lovely decadent-tasting afternoon tea break.

One of the better David’s offerings, closer to what American Tea Room delivers.

Out of the three teas from The Gentlemen’s Collection, this was the tea I was afraid of not liking. (I’m not a fan of the taste of raisins whatsoever) However, this very well may be my favorite out of the bunch. A toasty, nutty, smooth, buttery cup of perfection. Tasty! I’m taking it with cream and sugar (my weakness) but I’m planning on braving a cup or two without as well at some point. I’d bet this tea would make a fabulous tea latte too.

My pet peeve about David’s Tea (other than the fact that they don’t use the apostrophe in “David’s”) is that they put coconut in WAAAAY too many blends. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with coconut per se, but it’s possible to over-do it, and it can be nauseating when it takes over the flavour completely. Also, for some reason, it doesn’t really fit too well with the dark, strong black teas that I love with milk.

That being said, I really like Brazillionaire, precisely because they use coconut but don’t let it overwhelm the blend. Instead, by having coconut keep a low profile, you get that full, nutty flavour that gives the tea a heavier body and the lovely feeling of being more like a meal than a drink after you add milk. Coconut naturally fits better with nuts than with other tea flavours, anyway – the nuts provide the strong foundation to let the coconut dance very lightly around it (unlike their Buttered Rum flavour, which I hate because the coconut is overwhelming!). The black tea is appropriately strong to keep up. I still think Lupicia’s Marron Chocolat is the best example of a black tea with nut flavour, but this is still high quality. Probably my favourite from David’s Tea so far. Will definitely finish the ounce I bought, and probably buy again.

After having many sweet teas, this is a nice transition! This black tea has a nice nutty, woodsy taste that is quite dark. The raisins are a lovely sweetener that don’t taste like raisins. It is almost a bit too rich for breakfast, but the dark nutty taste seems to balance this and makes it a good anytime tea. Like another reviewer mentioned, the coconut is not very prominent but it does seem to add a creaminess/richness to the tea.

If you love nutty and black teas, this will be a treat!

Having my second cup of Brazillionaire at the moment. This is my first ever black tea. I drink loads of oolong, green and white tea and was a bit reluctant to jump into the black teas. It’s delightful! Nutty with undertone of coconut. I’m only slightly blown away by the size of the nuts in this tea. Overall a very flavourful tea experience

Had a taste of this in the store and it was delicious! It smells so good!

I just love the name of this one – fitting!

LOVE this tea, tastes amazing.

Great Nutty tea! I open the bag just to smell it.

I dont normally like nuts, but if i’m in the mood this tea is the one. I love the combination of nut, coconut, raisins.