Brazillionaire

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Golden Raisins, Natural Flavours
Coconut, Nutty, Sweet, Nuts, Smooth, Raisins, Salty, Caramel, Creamy, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

From DAVIDsTEA

Get rich quick

Have you heard tales of the wealthy Brazilian eccentric? According to local stories, he was completely obsessed with Brazil nuts, the source of his fortune. He insisted on having them in every meal – even his afternoon tea! Was it needless decadence, or a stroke of genius? You’ll have to taste it yourself to decide. This fabulously opulent blend combines black tea with whole Brazil nuts, raisins and coconut. Trust us – it tastes like a million bucks.

Ingredients: Black tea, Brazil nuts, golden raisins, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I received this as a sample in one of my recent David’s Tea orders. I was happy that this tea in particular was sent because I had never tried it before and had always wondered about it. I would have bought a small amount to try previously but when I asked my sister about it, she told me it was “awful.” I steeped mine and added a little agave nectar and milk. I was expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I ended up pleasantly surprised when it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I found that I actually liked it! Nutty overload! It’s very strong in it’s nutty flavour, different and unique from the other teas I have in my cupboard. I can taste the black tea in the base and I like that it’s smooth. I also get a nice hint of coconut . I guess my sister and I have different tastes in tea. She’s a big fan of Love Tea #7 and Fantasy Island and I prefer this one over both of those. Maybe if I had drank this plain, without the agave nectar and milk, I wouldn’t have liked it quite as much but with those added, I enjoyed my mug of it.

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Smooth

sweetea

I just wish the Brazil nuts were chopped a bit more finely. Or were . . . less heavy, to be honest. Hah!

teapartyfortwo

haha! I noticed that they were rather large pieces!

Finally digging through the dauntingly large selection of DAVIDsTEA samples from beelicious! This one has a rich, intense nutty aroma that develops into something more coconut-esque after brewing. The flavor is very strongly nutty and coconut-heavy as well. With a splash of coconut milk, it becomes nicely creamy. There are golden raisins visible in the blend, which I had been excited about, but I’m not getting much from them—the two dominant flavors overpower the rest, including the tea base itself, to the extent that the brew tastes a bit coffeeish. If you like rich, strong flavored teas, you may like this one, even if it’s a bit heavy-handed for my personal tastes.

This tea is just not that great. It smelled incredible in the store but its taste does not match the aroma. I am glad I only bought two ounces. The taste of the Brazil nuts is strong but just doesn’t work. There is also a sour note that I don’t know if it is from the Brazil nuts. Its not terrible, just not very good.

I steeped this once in an 18 oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 min.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
Tealizzy

I used to love this one, but I think the nuts go bad quickly. Try a little sugar and a tiny splash of milk.

TeaBrat

I wasn’t a fan of it myself

Cooking TTB #11

Oh boy! Another one to add to my eventual DAVIDs tea purchase!

This was so perfect to have on Christmas Eve when I was home alone and making cookie dough. The three most predominant flavors I got were the Brazil nuts, coconut (in taste and smell), and raisin. Those three were so delicious together. I am very grateful to Inkling for sneaking some of this in there for me!

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Raisins

This is super nutty. xD Tasting some coconut in this one too…but mainly reminds me of salted nuts. It’s very sweet, and pretty salty tasting too. Don’t usually taste a lot of salt in teas, so this kinda feels a little like new territory :P
But not a bad tea. Wouldn’t drink again probably.
Glad DavidsTea sent me this sample in my last order!

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Salty, Sweet

Time to get rid of all these old samples! Here’s another one that is God only knows how old. Speaking of which, has anyone seen that BBC music video of “God Only Knows” that’s floating around Facebook? I really like it! Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo

This one already smells better than the last DAVIDsTEA sample I tried (Ceylon Star). However, I’m still getting a lot of fake artificial coconut flavoring in this that I really don’t like. I can’t even taste anything else in here. No cream, no caramel, no nuts. There are raisins in here?! Nope, none of that either. You know what it does have? That lovely bit of scum floating on the surface. At least the aftertaste isn’t as potently disgusting as Ceylon Star. In summary, I’m afraid this one is another bust. Boo!

Fjellrev

Thanks for the share! I haven’t seen the video until now. I’m glad they also have a link to identify everyone on the video because wow, so many young people I don’t know.

As for the tea, I find this one is only decent when it’s super fresh, otherwise the nuts and coconut go rancid and these weird undertones start to come out.

Indigobloom

best commercial I’ve seen in awhile

CHAroma

I didn’t recognize half those people either, even after reading their names, LOL! But I really like it anyway. I think it’s very well made.

And yes, I learned the hard way with this tea that coconut does not keep well over time. Live and learn!

This is in my top three favorite teas I’ve tried so far from David’s Tea! I love Brazil nuts, but I’ve never seen them used in a tea before. This blend is lovely…smooth and creamy with a fantastic rich, nutty flavor. Thank you to VariaTEA for sending along a sample! I suspect I’ll be re-purchasing this one soon.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Smooth

VariaTEA

What’s the other two in your top three?!?

Inkling

Chocolate Rocket and Salted Caramel. :) I do love a good dessert tea! Wishing I lived close to a David’s so I could try one of those eggnog lattes you keep talking about…they sound amazing!

I am still loving this tea!

The problem is I am already running out because I’m drinking it so much. I think I’m drinking it just to be able to eat the brazil nuts after steeping. They are mostly full or half size nuts.Brazil nuts are my favorite nut. I’m pretending that there are no calories in the nuts because it’s a tea. I’ve been resteeping 2x’s . (It is always interesting to see what autocorrect does with resteeping: resetting, stepping, etc.) NayLynn sent me some tea with a sample of Brazillionaire . Yea! I am a lucky girl!

Another sample sipdown. This one is just ok. The nuttiness is nice, but overall I don’t find it very interesting.

Another DavidsTea sample. Hmm, I was not a fan of the dry leaf smell, it smelled like cat pee. I chalked it up to the brazil nuts and steeped it anyway. It’s okay, I can definitely drink the cup, but I probably won’t ever buy any.

Flavors: Nutty