Razzmatazz (organic)

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Comparing this one to Raspberry Nectar tonight, just for kicks, because I didn't like that one and am not expecting to like this one. But had to try. Had to! So initially upon steeping this one,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “This really smells like an alcoholic drink. Oh hey, stevia, it's just you. I quite like this, so I am glad more is on its way from *tigress_al*! I almost forgot, so I was going to be very upset...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “*Please be advised* - this note contains a rant, you can skip it if you like. This is not a tea I would have normally bought for myself. It was given to me as a gift, which I am grateful for. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes
  • “Had a cup of this iced on the weekend. We went for a walk and it was HOT out - muggy hot, sweaty hot! haha. That said, being extremely thirsty and bringing this along on our nature walk was...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The bee’s knees
This tangy fruit-filled tea is the jazziest drink around. A tart blend of rosehips, lemongrass, hibiscus and raspberries, it tastes just like a ripe, juicy berry. It’s incredible hot or iced, but our favourite way to drink it is the Razzmatazz Fizz: brew a double-strong cup, then top your glass up with soda water. Stir in a little agave and a squirt of lime, and it’ll take you to the moon. Trust us – this drink is aces. The Real McCoy. You’ll flip your lid.

Ingredients: rosehip, lemongrass, lemon verbena, hibiscus, rooibos, raspberries, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is…interesting. It tastes a touch medicinal, but it is definitely raspberry. My first reaction was that it tastes alcoholic and that I really want to try some with lime. Mmm. I like it, but I’m not sure if I love it.

Kittenna

How does it compare to Raspberry Nectar, if you’ve tried that one? I personally quite disliked it. Raspberry-flavoured tea sounds so good though…

Amariel

I did not care for the smell. I ended up with Superberry which was alright, but not great.

aisling of tea

It definitely tastes more raspberry than raspberry nectar, but it’s still…odd.

Superberry is alright, but I prefer Blueberry Jam.

Dry Leaf Nose: Very sweet raspberry with a hint of citrus, and an aroma of fresh raspberries

Liquor: Red/pink

Flavour: Very fresh raspberry notes – ripe and sweet. The lemongrass and hibiscus bring a tanginess to the cup.

Drunk From Tea

OMG a new rooibos!!! I am so excited to try it!!! <3

Dazaii

I want to get this just to ice it! <3

Sipdown #5: Why can’t someone make an outstanding raspberry tea for me to sip on? I love raspberries, but this one tastes like Absolut Raspberry vodka. I really liked it when I first had it, but now I can’t stand how fake it tastes. I have so much still too, I want to finish it so that I can get something else.

Always excited as I am for herbal fruity teas I was stoked to buy this sweet extremely fruity (fruit roll-up even)smelling tea that borders a little on the obscene.

You can smell the raspberries and the hibiscus is undetectable so that makes me very very happy.It also does not smell overwhelmingly of the Stevia or Rooibos mentioned in the ingredients and so I hope nothing takes away from the promise of another amazing fruity tea from DT.

Since it’s a fruit herbal tea and not a fussy black tea or other stimulating DT tea that can become bitter with a pinch of ANYTHING too much I prepared a HEAPING 1.5 tsp and brewed for a full 7 minutes.

Pouring it out it looks like juice..a nice thick syrupy juice..my mouth is totally watering.Unfortunately now the Hibiscus has made it’s presence known..so here’s hoping it doesn’t turn into another Pink Flamingo.

First taste and it’s very juice-like..not too Hibiscus-y but enough to make me not fall in love.Pleasantly sweet and you can definitely pick out the other flavors of raspberries and best of all..it’s NOT Pink Flamingo.

It’s a perfectly decent fruit tea and would make nice iced tea but it’s not fabulous or awesome..it’s just pleasant and there’s so many other fruit teas that I am head over heels for that it’s just not an investment I’ll make again unless it magically grows on me.
Anything can happen..but for now..
It’s a perfectly decent fruity tea.

I may or may not have steeped this one, then forgot about it while trying to wrangle my 1.5-year-old down for her nap. Luckily it’s a rooibos and highly forgiving on the steeping scale…

And I gotta say this is so, so, so much better than Raspberry Nectar! Still rather strong in the citrus department, but at least I’m getting some raspberry flavour in there too. Hot, it’s alright: rooibos-y with strong hits of citrus AND raspberry. Cold, with a dash of sweetener (raw cane sugar) is when it truly shines; tasting almost like Fruitopia rather than the tea it actually is.

I’m tempted to try that Razzmatazz Fizz they mention in the description, but we’ll leave that for another time…

This one is just weird! I don’t know what it is about it, but it almost has the smell of alcohol and that comes through in the taste as well. I don’t get the raspberry as much as I would have but I think thats the ingredient which contributes to the strange sourness. I had this iced and plan to try it warm as well but it was so strong (even when diluted with the ice cubes) that I could not finish my cup. I will probably finish my 20g pack over the summer but I definitely don’t plan to re-stock.

I can say that, by far, this is my favorite out of the recently released “Berry Teas”. I feel like this tea fills a void in terms of flavor profile in my collection.

Thank you to Lovelylotus for the sample of this! I’ve just come down with a case of the sniffles and a sore throat, so today I have absolutely no plans other than to sit curled up on my recliner with some good tea and my laptop. It is Friday, after all!

The dry leaves of this smell tangy and sweet, kind of the same way powdered lemonade does. I brewed the leaves for 5 minutes and now have a lovely salmon-y colored cup of tea. Taste wise, I can definitely detect the raspberries and lemon. That part is yummy. I don’t necessarily like the fact that stevia was added to this- I really don’t feel like it improves anything, kind of gives it an odd taste. I have a little bit leftover, so I might try it iced and see if things improve.

Sometimes I don’t know why I bother trying… I remembered that I had opened my sample of this and obviously, based on my rating, not liked it. I am less sure what possessed me to think that I should try it again (because obviously I must have been mistaken). I think it is my vain hope that this could be the raspberry iced tea I have been dreaming of and looking for. Second try steeping the rest of my sample and nope, this is not it. This doesn’t taste at all like raspberries. I don’t even know what it tastes like it is such a muddled flavour. Just, not good. Not for me, glad the sample is gone, and I must remember to never give this a shot again.

Aha! I added this to my Steepster cupboard this morning and now I get to remove it, because it’s a sipdown! Sweet satisfaction.

I actually didn’t find this horrible, it vaguely tasted of raspberries.
Because of the rooibos I cold brewed it for less than a day (which is normally how long I do it, for whatever reason)… And it wasn’t half bad.

However I took it with me on my daily stroll with the baby and it was super hot today, so at least half of my enjoyment was “oh yes, sweet icy beverage you’re so amazing” rather than caring about the actual tea.

Basically a mildly fruity iced tea, nothing mind blowing, not sad to see it go but I was happy to drink it.