Superberry (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Blueberry, Pine, Red Fruits, Berries, Cranberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Nom. That's pretty much all this tasting note needs, as far as I'm concerned, because isn't nom the whole point? if nom can be achieved, what else even matters? So.... nom. Seriously, I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “This tea I also got when I was in NYC. Back logging everything, as I said before, is going to take a long while... But anyways... I was done buying tea for the trip, or so I thought, until I...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 159 tasting notes
  • “I am so used to eating the plump berries out of my Blueberry jam tea post-steep, that I popped one of these berries in my mouth! It was a juniper berry. So I quickly drank the tea to get the...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to courtney for letting me know that this was on steepster but as one word. Only reason i'm logging this....GROSS! Seriously, this is really not up my alley. I think this is maybe 1 or 2...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

To the rescue

Are you in desperate need of a little pick-me-up? Then this looks like a job for Superberry. It’s a sweet and fruity blend of black tea, juniper berries, blueberries and açai powder. There’s a lot of buzz going around about açai berries, a so-called South American “superfruit.” But unlike most health food, these actually taste amazing. All in all, they make for a delicious tea that will pep you up faster than a speeding bullet. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: black tea, juniper berries, rosehips, blueberries, acai powder, safflower petals, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this iced yesterday as we were picking up our 20g of each of the new teas. It was…different. I dunno, it tasted off to me, too tart kind of? I don’t know how to describe it, but at the end of the cup my wife and I agreed that Blueberry Jam was infinitely better.

So tired…too early need caffeine and fast.

Chose this lovely smelling gem.smells like berries berries! my mind gratefully explodes it’s sweet and tangy and set my tongue a buzz.

Less and for shorter..rule of thumb for DT’s black teas.Maybe if I type it enough I can help others truly appreciate these highly touchy(and wrongly marked IMHO)black teas.Sometimes it’s just a bitter parade and NO ONE wants that!

Once brewed smells exactly the same.YAY!
that rarely happens.
It’s just richer,deeper and like a sexy jam.I want to drown in this.

For taste it tastes like black tea..no bitterness.
Black tea and hint of jam.The aftertaste is nice but over all not exceptional.

I will ice this soon and review that..but I’m not spending more on this tea(thank goodness I only got the 20 gram bag).

For fruity wonder try paradise found and read my review..and steep blacks like I do!

Okay, I’m writing this note as I watch Monty Python, so this should be interesting.
So I had had this before and I liked it. (John Cleese is robbing a lingerie store). It is pretty peppy. I think that the Acai powder on the ingredients makes it sort of bitter, but also more interesting, as well as the juniper berries (talking trees). I enjoy it. It’s odd, but I enjoy it. I’m not going to give it a really amazing score though, because it leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Okay. And now for something completely different…

Now, the second steep was quite good. It was pretty, light, and fruity.

I think this tea is a little confused – it’s not sure whether to be a black tea or an herbal. The blueberries and the black tea seem to be battling for supremacy, and so far its a stalemate.

I followed the steeping directions – it was in five minutes and the package said 4-6. It could be that I should have gone four minutes, or maybe it’s the Sugar in the Raw adding too much of its own note, but this just tastes kind of confusing. I used half the sample packet in a tea ball and tossed it into a mug with a little over a tablespoon of Sugar in the Raw.

When we first opened the sealed package, my husband and I got a wave of berry. It just hasn’t translated as strongly into the cup. There’s only enough for one cup left, which I may save for my next cold – and steep less! Ah, well, one more tea tried!

I really enjoy this one. It IS a lot like Berry Good, but if you need a little difference or you are a bigger fan of black tea, this is a great tea to start the day with.
it is also great as a little snack.

This one was an unexpected treat. I’ve never had a tea with Juniper berries in it before, but I was able to taste them as well as the Blueberry.

This tea has slowly become a staple. I didn’t think it would become a favorite, but it really is. It is quite potent and one cup gives me enough energy to get up and go.. which is awesome because I am a reformed coffee drinker who drank up to 5 black coffees a day. The taste is a little bit medicinal if you get a spoonful without too much berry, but other than that this steeps up quite nicely and is excellent warm or cold.

As soon as I read the description on this sample I got from VariaTEA I knew I’d be cold brewing this. Looking at the previous tasting notes I can see I wasn’t alone in that decision.

But also, wow, correct decision. Hello juicy tasty treat! How incredible is this? Perfect cold brew black. I really loved this, I’m shocked to see so many negative reviews for it—most if not all of those appear to be for trying this hot, so I’m even more glad with my cold brew decision.

Is this one actually discontinued now?

Thanks so much for the sample VariaTEA — I loved this one!

Picked this one up because I heard it was being discontinued and a friend with me at our local DAVIDs said he liked it and I’m a packrat. For a while all I tasted was the sweeter berries, but as it cooled and sat the more bitter flavor of the juniper and acai came forth. The flavors cancel each other out a little but the slightly bitter aftertaste is still there. Not what I expected from a berry tea, and I’m actually not going to complain. If you know what you’re getting into this actually stands to be a good blend, and DAVIDs carries other berry blends that fit the classic sweet berry blend. I can see that throwing off a few people, and I’m not sure if that’s why it got discontinued, but I’m a little sad I didn’t pick some up sooner.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pine, Red Fruits

I was so excited when EvaGrimm sent me this tea and a lot of other teas from my wishlist that I never really thought I would ever try. I knew right away I was going to cold brew it. I did about a week ago so I don’t remember much only that I liked it but would not be heartbroken if it is not available the next time I order from DAVIDs.