Superberry (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Nom. That's pretty much all this tasting note needs, as far as I'm concerned, because isn't nom the whole point? if nom can be achieved, what else even matters? So.... nom. Seriously, I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 416 tasting notes
  • “This tea I also got when I was in NYC. Back logging everything, as I said before, is going to take a long while... But anyways... I was done buying tea for the trip, or so I thought, until I...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “I am so used to eating the plump berries out of my Blueberry jam tea post-steep, that I popped one of these berries in my mouth! It was a juniper berry. So I quickly drank the tea to get the...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to courtney for letting me know that this was on steepster but as one word. Only reason i'm logging this....GROSS! Seriously, this is really not up my alley. I think this is maybe 1 or 2...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

To the rescue

Are you in desperate need of a little pick-me-up? Then this looks like a job for Superberry. It’s a sweet and fruity blend of black tea, juniper berries, blueberries and açai powder. There’s a lot of buzz going around about açai berries, a so-called South American “superfruit.” But unlike most health food, these actually taste amazing. All in all, they make for a delicious tea that will pep you up faster than a speeding bullet. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: black tea, juniper berries, rosehips, blueberries, acai powder, safflower petals, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this iced yesterday as we were picking up our 20g of each of the new teas. It was…different. I dunno, it tasted off to me, too tart kind of? I don’t know how to describe it, but at the end of the cup my wife and I agreed that Blueberry Jam was infinitely better.

So tired…too early need caffeine and fast.

Chose this lovely smelling gem.smells like berries berries! my mind gratefully explodes it’s sweet and tangy and set my tongue a buzz.

Less and for shorter..rule of thumb for DT’s black teas.Maybe if I type it enough I can help others truly appreciate these highly touchy(and wrongly marked IMHO)black teas.Sometimes it’s just a bitter parade and NO ONE wants that!

Once brewed smells exactly the same.YAY!
that rarely happens.
It’s just richer,deeper and like a sexy jam.I want to drown in this.

For taste it tastes like black tea..no bitterness.
Black tea and hint of jam.The aftertaste is nice but over all not exceptional.

I will ice this soon and review that..but I’m not spending more on this tea(thank goodness I only got the 20 gram bag).

For fruity wonder try paradise found and read my review..and steep blacks like I do!

Okay, I’m writing this note as I watch Monty Python, so this should be interesting.
So I had had this before and I liked it. (John Cleese is robbing a lingerie store). It is pretty peppy. I think that the Acai powder on the ingredients makes it sort of bitter, but also more interesting, as well as the juniper berries (talking trees). I enjoy it. It’s odd, but I enjoy it. I’m not going to give it a really amazing score though, because it leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Okay. And now for something completely different…

Now, the second steep was quite good. It was pretty, light, and fruity.

I think this tea is a little confused – it’s not sure whether to be a black tea or an herbal. The blueberries and the black tea seem to be battling for supremacy, and so far its a stalemate.

I followed the steeping directions – it was in five minutes and the package said 4-6. It could be that I should have gone four minutes, or maybe it’s the Sugar in the Raw adding too much of its own note, but this just tastes kind of confusing. I used half the sample packet in a tea ball and tossed it into a mug with a little over a tablespoon of Sugar in the Raw.

When we first opened the sealed package, my husband and I got a wave of berry. It just hasn’t translated as strongly into the cup. There’s only enough for one cup left, which I may save for my next cold – and steep less! Ah, well, one more tea tried!

I really enjoy this one. It IS a lot like Berry Good, but if you need a little difference or you are a bigger fan of black tea, this is a great tea to start the day with.
it is also great as a little snack.

This one was an unexpected treat. I’ve never had a tea with Juniper berries in it before, but I was able to taste them as well as the Blueberry.

This tea has slowly become a staple. I didn’t think it would become a favorite, but it really is. It is quite potent and one cup gives me enough energy to get up and go.. which is awesome because I am a reformed coffee drinker who drank up to 5 black coffees a day. The taste is a little bit medicinal if you get a spoonful without too much berry, but other than that this steeps up quite nicely and is excellent warm or cold.

Another morning, another new (for me) tea. This one wasn’t originally on my to try list, but I’ve heard good things about it so I thought I’d give it a shot. I wasn’t sure that it was what I wanted this morning either… I wasn’t really in a sweet mood but everything else was just not right for today. Anyone else ever have those mornings that it doesn’t matter what’s available, you don’t want any of it but you want/need something? That’s been my morning, from breakfast to now. And it’s not just food either… sigh ah well

Dry this tea smells very sweet and filled with berry scents. The rosehips also standout and, combined with the safflower petals, give it a nice floral scent that mixes well with the fruity berry-ness of the tea. There’s a few darker notes from the black tea but nothing that really stands out to me at the moment.

The clear orange-brown liquor has a much deeper scent profile; the (previously almost overwhelming) sweetness has mellowed out and now blends nicely with the rest of the aromas, while the berry notes have become darker but still with that tart fruitiness to them. The floral notes from the rosehips and safflower have also evened out and now serve as a lovely base for the berries. I can also detect a bit of malt coming from the black tea which should prove interesting if it transfers through to the flavor profile.

Speaking of the flavor… I don’t know that I’ve ever had a berry tea that has had so much berry-ness to it without being overly artificial. There are some slight artificial notes to it but I don’t find them particularly off putting. The juniper berries complement the blueberries quite nicely and both stand out in the tea, while the rosehips and safflower serve as subtle highlights giving it a bit of a dynamic tone. I can catch hints of the acai powder every once and a while but not often and the darker malt notes from the black tea form a nice base for the rest of the flavors.

A very interesting tea… I’ll have to see how it differs from DT’s Blueberry Jam before deciding if I’d like it in my cupboard but for right now it’s a potential. And I could see it being good iced too.

keychange

I really like this one as well!

VariaTEA

It is best to figure out if you want more soon because they are discontinuing the blend :(

Kirlika

Ya I noticed that the other day. It’s too bad as it’s really quite a nice blend. But I guess they can’t keep it forever :)

This tea smelt wonderful when I was in the store, but I don’t love it as much now. It is okay, but the berries are all you taste sometimes- no tea present. I tried to steep it fro the base 4 minutes and quite frankly, it was gross. Dunno if I would recommend this to anyone.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Sipdown (205/207)!

The sample I received of this from aisling of tea was the perfect size for a cold brew, which made me really excited because that’s why I had it in my shopping/wishlist in the first place. In total, this cold brewed for nine hours.

I brought it to work today to leave at my till and drink in between customers. It’s definitely more refreshing keeping cold brewed teas around than hot, though I appreciate the hot tea at the end of my shift when I’m cashing out/doing the closing paperwork and on the walk home.

This one was REALLY good. It definitely came across very strongly of berries, and I specifically tasted the sweet acai berries, and the blueberry. Sadly, the Juniper berries were kinda lost in the other strong flavours despite there being so many of them; I’m sure that they contributed something to the flavour on a whole though. This also reminded me a little of Blueberry Jam, which I also thoroughly enjoy.

Once my cupboard is better maintained and I’ve finished off a whole bunch of other DT blends, I’d TOTALLY stock this one up just for cold brewing; I think the key difference between this and Blueberry Jam is that Blueberry Jam didn’t make for a great cold brew where as this one totally did. It’d be interesting to try this hot and see if the reverse it true as well…

Iced 8 min or more 25 OZ / 739 ML
VariaTEA

This is one I debated about ordering since I can’t get it in store and so many people suggested it as a cold brew

OMGsrsly

I had it iced today. It was surprisingly good, although the juniper berries do come out more when steeped hot. I think I’ll pick up 10g to see how I like it cold brewed.

VariaTEA

My store said this was discontinued.

OMGsrsly

That would kind of suck. It’s still on the website as a regular tea…

VariaTEA

Yeah. Every time I see it, I debate buying it. One day…