Superberry (organic)

Black Fruit Blend
Blueberry, Pine, Red Fruits, Berries, Cranberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Nom. That's pretty much all this tasting note needs, as far as I'm concerned, because isn't nom the whole point? if nom can be achieved, what else even matters? So.... nom. Seriously, I...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “This tea I also got when I was in NYC. Back logging everything, as I said before, is going to take a long while... But anyways... I was done buying tea for the trip, or so I thought, until I...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “I am so used to eating the plump berries out of my Blueberry jam tea post-steep, that I popped one of these berries in my mouth! It was a juniper berry. So I quickly drank the tea to get the...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to courtney for letting me know that this was on steepster but as one word. Only reason i'm logging this....GROSS! Seriously, this is really not up my alley. I think this is maybe 1 or 2...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

To the rescue

Are you in desperate need of a little pick-me-up? Then this looks like a job for Superberry. It’s a sweet and fruity blend of black tea, juniper berries, blueberries and açai powder. There’s a lot of buzz going around about açai berries, a so-called South American “superfruit.” But unlike most health food, these actually taste amazing. All in all, they make for a delicious tea that will pep you up faster than a speeding bullet. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: black tea, juniper berries, rosehips, blueberries, acai powder, safflower petals, natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1967 tasting notes

A while back I asked steepster what tea was good for coldbrewing. The response I got from so many of you was this tea. When I went to pick some up a while back, I was told it was retired so yesterday when I saw it on the wall, I jumped at the chance to try it. Sipping on it now, I definitely understand why it was so highly recommended. It is basically like sipping on a cup full of berries. No base, just sweet, fresh berries. Yum! Now I guess I better decide quickly how badly I need this around as it is getting retired soon.

ETA: For those interested, DAVIDs added more chocolates. Now they have Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate and Forever Nuts Milk Chocolate.

Courtney

This one is so good cold brewed. Why must they get rid of the very few teas I enjoy from them?

I’m sorry :(

Courtney

Haha it wasn’t your choice. :P I rarely drink them anyway, it’s just unfortunate. There are plenty of other awesome teas in the world though. :)

Christina

Ooooh, new chocolates!

Roswell Strange

I’m going to DT on Monday or Wednesday (depending on whether my brother is ok with coming with on Monday when he’s in town) and will be attempting to pick up 100g of it and 50g of Cool Cucumber… Possibly some Redberry Tonic, as well. I’m crossing my fingers my store still has some!

Another morning, another new (for me) tea. This one wasn’t originally on my to try list, but I’ve heard good things about it so I thought I’d give it a shot. I wasn’t sure that it was what I wanted this morning either… I wasn’t really in a sweet mood but everything else was just not right for today. Anyone else ever have those mornings that it doesn’t matter what’s available, you don’t want any of it but you want/need something? That’s been my morning, from breakfast to now. And it’s not just food either… sigh ah well

Dry this tea smells very sweet and filled with berry scents. The rosehips also standout and, combined with the safflower petals, give it a nice floral scent that mixes well with the fruity berry-ness of the tea. There’s a few darker notes from the black tea but nothing that really stands out to me at the moment.

The clear orange-brown liquor has a much deeper scent profile; the (previously almost overwhelming) sweetness has mellowed out and now blends nicely with the rest of the aromas, while the berry notes have become darker but still with that tart fruitiness to them. The floral notes from the rosehips and safflower have also evened out and now serve as a lovely base for the berries. I can also detect a bit of malt coming from the black tea which should prove interesting if it transfers through to the flavor profile.

Speaking of the flavor… I don’t know that I’ve ever had a berry tea that has had so much berry-ness to it without being overly artificial. There are some slight artificial notes to it but I don’t find them particularly off putting. The juniper berries complement the blueberries quite nicely and both stand out in the tea, while the rosehips and safflower serve as subtle highlights giving it a bit of a dynamic tone. I can catch hints of the acai powder every once and a while but not often and the darker malt notes from the black tea form a nice base for the rest of the flavors.

A very interesting tea… I’ll have to see how it differs from DT’s Blueberry Jam before deciding if I’d like it in my cupboard but for right now it’s a potential. And I could see it being good iced too.

keychange

I really like this one as well!

VariaTEA

It is best to figure out if you want more soon because they are discontinuing the blend :(

Kirlika

Ya I noticed that the other day. It’s too bad as it’s really quite a nice blend. But I guess they can’t keep it forever :)

This tea smelt wonderful when I was in the store, but I don’t love it as much now. It is okay, but the berries are all you taste sometimes- no tea present. I tried to steep it fro the base 4 minutes and quite frankly, it was gross. Dunno if I would recommend this to anyone.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

2067 tasting notes

Sipdown (205/207)!

The sample I received of this from aisling of tea was the perfect size for a cold brew, which made me really excited because that’s why I had it in my shopping/wishlist in the first place. In total, this cold brewed for nine hours.

I brought it to work today to leave at my till and drink in between customers. It’s definitely more refreshing keeping cold brewed teas around than hot, though I appreciate the hot tea at the end of my shift when I’m cashing out/doing the closing paperwork and on the walk home.

This one was REALLY good. It definitely came across very strongly of berries, and I specifically tasted the sweet acai berries, and the blueberry. Sadly, the Juniper berries were kinda lost in the other strong flavours despite there being so many of them; I’m sure that they contributed something to the flavour on a whole though. This also reminded me a little of Blueberry Jam, which I also thoroughly enjoy.

Once my cupboard is better maintained and I’ve finished off a whole bunch of other DT blends, I’d TOTALLY stock this one up just for cold brewing; I think the key difference between this and Blueberry Jam is that Blueberry Jam didn’t make for a great cold brew where as this one totally did. It’d be interesting to try this hot and see if the reverse it true as well…

Iced 8 min or more 25 OZ / 739 ML
VariaTEA

This is one I debated about ordering since I can’t get it in store and so many people suggested it as a cold brew

OMGsrsly

I had it iced today. It was surprisingly good, although the juniper berries do come out more when steeped hot. I think I’ll pick up 10g to see how I like it cold brewed.

VariaTEA

My store said this was discontinued.

OMGsrsly

That would kind of suck. It’s still on the website as a regular tea…

VariaTEA

Yeah. Every time I see it, I debate buying it. One day…

Really nice simple black berry, really liked it.

First time trying this tea as well. Needed a good morning pick me up and this did the trick, delicious! I was a little worried about a black tea and berries as I am not a person that enjoys fruit in my black tea. I was surprised. Glad I tried it.

I got this one as a tea to go the other day. It’s been on my hit list for a while now and I’m so glad I tried it because it was absolutely delicious! To compare it to another tea from David’s I think it is very similar to Prairie Berry however, I do find it to be a bit more sour. I would highly recommend this tea!

Mmmm, nice and fruity and hot and yummy. Just want I needed today! Definitely glad I bought the agave nectar.

I first tried this tea because it has a very enticing smell. I am a big fan of acai, and this tea is full of it. Not the best hot, but so lovely iced because of it’s strong, fruity flavour. It tastes healthy, try it iced with some agave!

Iced 6 min, 30 sec

Decent berry tea. Not much to say about it for now. Reminds me of blueberry jam (I like blueberry jam more) but more packed with other BERRY like scents.