Cherry Cola (organic)

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “This came out of my "try this already!" box. And since everything else I had set to brew up tonight (aside from re-steeps) was an unflavoured tea, I felt like a bit of flavouring... although this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “I’ve been trying to fight off a cold for the last little while, but it looks like it finally got me ~ drat! Since my sense of taste and smell are not at their best today I figured I’d get rid of...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to *Dexter3657* for this sample!! When I smelled this brewed I thought "this is soda" and then I sipped it and it was like hot flat soda...which actually was kind of better than it...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes
  • “I bought this in the summer when I was new to tea and thought I could judge a tea by its aroma and that I needed to buy 50g or more. I'm still trying to drink all those teas. :p I think I still...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1681 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet memories
Remember trying cherry cola as a kid? Nothing beats the feeling of holding that ice cold bottle and knowing it’s all yours to enjoy. Sweet, bubbly and tartly fruity, it’s everything we love in a drink. And with this invigorating, cherry-spiked black tea, we’re pretty sure we captured the taste straight from the soda fountain. Try a cup and see if we got the feeling right, too. We love it on ice with a little agave.

Ingredients: Organic: black tea, cherries, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, I ordered this one online. It sounded really good.
I get it and open it up… and unfortunately the smell of this one was overwhelming, but not in a good way. From a distance it smells it good tho. It’s just up close where it smells funny to me.
Taste… I couldn’t do it. The funny smell that I had smelling it up close transfered to the taste. It smells too artificial or something, so that’s the taste that I had. I took like three sips and had to toss it. It tastes too funny to me. I didn’t get any cherry taste at all.
I really wanted to like this one, but I can’t do it. :(

TheTeaFairy

I almost ordered this one but decided to wait to sample it before… glad I did! Ordered root-beer though, got it today. Smells fantastic, hope the taste won’t be a disappointment!

TheKesser

I got some root beer float too. I’m hoping it’s good, but I’m kinda nervous to try it after my dislike of this one… If you try it before me, let me know what ya think of it.

Sarah Straisfeld

The smell was striking me as odd too, and couldn’t place it.
It hit me this morning – Pine Sol! To me it has a pine odour.

Smells exactly like those cola gummy bottles but spicier.

As always with a DT black tea I steeped less for shorter.

First taste and it’s like a very very very light Licorice tea with just a light sweetness from the Stevia.It’s not unpleasant but it’s not great either..it just doesn’t know what to be..Maybe it’d be better iced but I’m not really invested in trying it again.

This smells overwhelmingly of artificial flavoring. I don’t know what I was expecting, but this tasted like cough syrup and Grey Flannel cologne. Normally I drink my tea straight, but I tried this with some sweetener and it came out slightly more palatable when hot, but once it cooled down, somehow it was worse.

This is the first tea purchase I actively regret making.

Yuck! I found that this tea was disgusting. It started out with a weird cherry-cola taste, then it turned to a disgusting aftertaste. I had a couple of sips and i had to dump it. i couldn’t stand the taste. Sorry David.

Not the best flavour of black tea I’ve ever tried, but I thought it was still drinkable! The smell of the steeped tea was amazing, I’ll give it that. I had to wait a while for this one to cool down before I sampled, and considering I was never really a fan of actual cherry cola, I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

I’m sorry to be doing bad reviews lately, but Organic Cherry Cola is probably my least favorite tea and I’m stuck with 25g of it __

Hot or cold, this tea does not do it for me. It has stevia in it but it is way too sweet for a tea. Actually, the initial taste is really bitter, but the after taste is super sweet! I know they were trying to mimic the cola, which is very sweet, but it just does not work that way when it comes to tea.

I’m really not a fan of soda anyways, because of all the sugar. I haven’t drank any for the past 4 years, not even diet soda. Nope not for me. So that may be the source of my disapproval of this tea.

There is hope for this tea (somewhat). My dad likes it! He likes it cold! So there you go! (he will most likely be consuming the remainder of it in my house)

Wanted to love it, hated it. Tastes like chemicals.

Had it nearly a year and although I hate to do it, I think I’ll have to bin this.

good grief, this is the grossest tea i’ve ever had. i should have smelled it before i bought it but the name totally made me think it would be yummy.

i took one sip and had to dump the rest of the cup down the drain. about an hour after i dumped the used tea leaves in the garbage i had to empty the actual garbage because the scent was so strong.

i was really surprised how much this tea bothered me, it doesn’t taste anything like cherry cola. save yourself some money, don’t buy it!

Despite all of the bad reviews, I picked up this tea because it’s basically impossible to find cherry cola in Canada and I needed that taste. Plus, I was curious! I was really surprised at how much I like it, I’m not usually a fan of stevia but this tea has won me over. It’s also superb iced.

My full review of this tea can be found here – http://www.notimeliketeatime.com/davids-tea-organic-cherry-cola-review/