Root Beer Float (organic)

Black Tea, Cinnamon, Sarsaparilla, White Chocolate
Cinnamon, Licorice, Root Beer, Sarsaparilla, Vanilla, Medicinal, Fennel, Cream, White Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “This was actually pretty good. For some reason, I had some idea that I wasn't going to like this one. As others have mentioned, it is not great warm, but I wasn't really expecting it to because...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 791 tasting notes
  • “When I was in the store last week, aside from my list, I still felt like getting a little something extra and the SA suggested this one. I was unsure about the concept while reading about it on...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “(Apologies in advance because it is 2 am and I know I will ramble.) This one just came out yesterday with Cherry Cola; and while I'm generally too lazy to bother getting anything done before my...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Azzrian* for sending me a bit of this tea - it's yummy! I've had a few different root beer float teas/tisanes, and some were better than others ... this is good, but not the best that...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Floating on air
As far as we’re concerned, the root beer float is king of the soda shop. The crackle and fizz of root beer, the cool richness of vanilla ice cream – what could be better? Well, what if we brought the malt shop right to your tea shelf? With black tea, vanilla, cinnamon and white chocolate, this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend tastes just like the classic treat. For the full experience, try it as an iced latte with lots of foam.

Ingredients: Organic: black tea from Sri Lanka, vanilla, cinnamon, white chocolate, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hot: Not really my “cuppa tea” (har har), reminding me too much of forgotten, day-old root beer that’s turned flat and warm. However, I remember one of the sales-associates recommending this with milk and ice. Hmmm, worth a shot…

Iced: So, I mixed in some sweetened condensed milk instead of just milk and sugar, poured the whole mixture over ice and, oh. monkeys. It’s creamy, delicious root-beer-float-goodness without all the calories of ice cream! I never thought I’d see the day, but it’s here and it’s delicious. I’m not really sure how else to describe it…

noordelijk

This sounds so delicious! I can never seem to take the time to actually make ice drinks like this, otherwise I’d try this.

Faith

It’s actually Super simple to make this one! Just steep you tea like normal (maybe add a touch of extra leaf), add sweetened condensed milk + ice to glass, pour tea over ice, stir, voila!

This cold-brewed tea tastes even more like root beer with a little root beer schnapps added in. Happy birthday to my sister! :-)

“do you buy root beer and leave it opened on the dashboard of your car all day before enjoying it? well if you like your root beer flat and warm, then this is the tea for you!!”

damn i can’t remember where i saw it, but i read a review once of a root beer tea that enthusiastically read like that. and i STILL laugh at the joke today. it made an impression.

this is a tea i tasted 3 months ago and never made a note about.
i do remember finding it strange while not hating it.
but it did taste strange enough to procrastinate drinking it again. and it made my cup very dirty with lots of floaties. so clean-up was even more reason to procrastinate. and then i eventually did try it again, and again didn’t hate it.

so. ya. root beer float. didn’t hate it.

Bonnie

Cheaper to buy a big gulp size, let it go flat and heat it up…gross!

On my latest trip to Davidstea, I knew I had to get this, but I only got a 1/2 oz since I didn’t know if I would like it. I’m a huge root beer fan, though, and I should have gotten more, but oh well.

I cold brewed this last night for 12 hours and it is absolutely delicious. I might try a stronger cold-brew next time. Or, since I’m reading people had difficulty cold-brewing theirs, I might try doing the hot-steep method and then cooling it off. Drinking root beer flavored tea hot doesn’t appeal to me too much ;)

I also tried to add a little seltzer but that didn’t really work. Tea was a little too weak for that. Whenever I get more, I’m definitely going to cold brew it a little stronger.

Another tea from The Traveling Tea Box that I am just now getting to. I didn’t know what to expect from the first sip, because the dry leaves smell like artificial root beer, while the tea’s aroma is of spicy cinnamon with a hint of vanilla. The first sip surprised me, because it really does taste like root beer! Well, an artificial canned soda tasting root beer. I am not getting much of the vanilla ice cream flavor from this cup, although adding milk and a little sugar brings out more of a creamy vanilla flavor. I’m actually really enjoying this cup! I have just enough left to save for my fiancee, who adores root beer!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs with pieces of cinnamon and flavoring and small orange petals.
-Dry leaves smell like artificial root beer. Tea liquor aroma is of spicy cinnamon with a hint of vanilla.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium yellow brown color with a film on top.
-Spicy root beer flavor and finish. Artificial root beer soda aftertaste with a note of creamy vanilla.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Spicy root beer flavor with a hint of creamy vanilla ice cream. Slightly artificial taste, like canned root beer soda.

Dry Leaf Nose: Creamy root beer.

Liquor: Dark brown, clouded with white chocolat. Smells just like an root beer float!

Flavour: Tastes just like a creamy root beer float.

Awkward Soul

oh man, that sounds good. White chocolate in tea is amazing.

mortava

oh wow, when does this come out??

DAVIDsTEA

June 20th!

DaisyChubb

It’s now on my calendar ;)

I first tried this one hot, and it was interesting. There were definite root beer notes, but I wasn’t sold on the flavour. So instead of giving up I tried it iced. This time it was a lot better. I think I’d prefer it to be a straight root beer instead of float, though, as the cream factor is still slightly offputting for me. That said, I am going to try this with ice cream and see how that goes!

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

Ok, now this cup is hitting all the right notes!

I really wish this wasn’t discontinued – I’d totally buy a full tin of this. It’s honestly the best black based rootbeer tea I’ve had, ever – and I think I’ve tried a fair number of them at this point. The rootbeer is clear and tasty, and the vanilla “float” part; oh, the vanilla “float” part…

There’s something magical about it; it’s thick and creamy and rich and perfect. This is exactly what I needed today, I just didn’t know it until I’d had a sip…

Well, it certainly tastes like root beer when brewed as/for iced tea. I attempted to make frothy milk a la microwave for a foamy topping. Worked ok. It’s weird how black tea, cinnamon, and white chocolate can combine to taste like root beer. The only thing is, my mouth and brain are confused drinking this. I’m not sure I want to drink a tea that tastes like root beer. I’m undecided in whether I like this or not. I’m glad I just got a few grams of this.

I had this one yesterday afternoon but forgot to log it!

The smell of this one is unbelieveably like root beer. I love the actually root beer beverage so I had to try it, and the smell for sure lives up to the name.
I only made an 8oz glass, which for me is small. I always do 16ozs or more… but I wanted to ease myself into this tea.
My timer was acting up on me, so I think I may have steeped it a bit longer than I should have…
Once I tried it, I have to agree with another reviewer here. It was a weak taste when hot, but as it cooled, you could really get the flavours coming out of it. It is definitely a root beer flavoured tea. It was so yummy, but sweet! I made the mistake of adding the tinyest amount of sugar to it and I realize now I shouldn’t have. It was far too sweet. I think if I had skipped that I would have been fine.
I did add some milk to it too to try and bring out the creaminess. It did help, but even still, I think it would have been just fine without the milk.
I think I’d like to try this one chilled as it’ll probably make it taste more like what I expect when I hear root beer (A cold sweet beverage).
Also, I think this tea will be one of those ones that I save for when I want a sweet treat and something completely different.