Strawberry Bloom

Black Flowering Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz

• “So far this is really pretty, and I'm enjoying sitting here watching it bloom. However, the strawberry flavour smells the same as all the other DavidsTea strawberry teas I've tried - the white one...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “Wow, so pretty ! One of my colleagues brought this to work today so we could share it. That was so nice of him. I loooved looking at his glass teapot as the leaves unfurled. It was so beautiful and...” Read full tasting note
    Meliboum 73 tasting notes
  • “I bought 3 of these (and 3 of each of the other flavours) because they were on sale. I'm glad I did; while not overwhelmingly "strawberry" in flavour, it was neat watching it bloom and steep, and...” Read full tasting note
    AwesomeBioTA 111 tasting notes
  • “This is the only one of these three flavored blooming teas that I'll be logging, because I rate them all the same. It's good and obviously fun (because it is a blooming tea). I would've given it a...” Read full tasting note
    d-delfakis 27 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A fruity bouquet
These hand-crafted blooms taste just as lovely as they look. Each little wonder contains a beautiful blossom of lily and jasmine flowers. Just drop a ball into your glass teapot, watch it unfold, and meditate over the fresh aroma of juicy peach, ripe strawberry or sophisticated lychee. But the real surprise comes in your cup, as these particular blooms come loaded with a big fruity burst of flavour. Could life be more zen? Each box contains two of each flavour.

Strawberry Bloom: Black tea, Lily flower, Jasmine flowers, artificial strawberry flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So far this is really pretty, and I’m enjoying sitting here watching it bloom. However, the strawberry flavour smells the same as all the other DavidsTea strawberry teas I’ve tried – the white one that’s in stores right now, Strawberry Shortcake, and Strawberry Ginger.

Brewed, this smells more like strawberries, which is a bit of a relief.

Taste-wise? Meh. It’s very weak, even though I only used about 750ml water to brew this. I want a strawberry tea to drink with milk and sugar, that is pretty much just black tea and strawberry. So while the novelty is A+, the tea itself is not the strawberry tea I’m looking for!

Well, not that I was really expecting it to be. But I remained hopeful.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
Cavocorax

I’m no expert but I think flowering teas are generally pretty weak because you leave the tea in there so long. That being said, I’ve only had Jasmine flowering teas so maybe that’s just how those ones are designed.

OMGsrsly

It was better after an hour or so, but meh. Pretty, not something I’d want to drink every day. I still have the Jasmine one from Verdant to try.

Chizakura

Well at least you had the amusement of it being pretty, even if the taste itself was disappointment :)

OMGsrsly

Yes! It was very pretty. And I did drink all the tea. Just not quite what I wanted! :)

Kittenna

The blooming teas from DT are about the only ones I have very, very little interest in purchasing and trying myself. I’m still not sure quite why.

OMGsrsly

I probably won’t buy any more. The novelty/expense/taste mean they really aren’t worth it to me. Besides. I’ve found a much less expensive strawberry tea. :)

Wow, so pretty ! One of my colleagues brought this to work today so we could share it. That was so nice of him. I loooved looking at his glass teapot as the leaves unfurled. It was so beautiful and made me want to drink it all. The tea was very nice, too. It tastes like strawberry candy, sure a bit artificial, but very good anyway. Plus it’s just so pretty to look at !

I bought 3 of these (and 3 of each of the other flavours) because they were on sale. I’m glad I did; while not overwhelmingly “strawberry” in flavour, it was neat watching it bloom and steep, and drinking it was pleasant.

The tea was good, even if it wasn’t much like strawberries. I didn’t steep according to instructions; instead I steeped until it was a colour I liked (maybe 5 minutes instead of the recommended 10) and then added more water. I ended up getting 2.5 pots of tea (or 6 giant 18 oz cups) out of one tea ball, which I would say isn’t bad at all (especially since it was only $1.50). Definitely a good “drink with friends” tea.

This is the only one of these three flavored blooming teas that I’ll be logging, because I rate them all the same. It’s good and obviously fun (because it is a blooming tea). I would’ve given it a higher grade if the flavoring was natural. Still enjoyable!

Boiling 8 min or more

Sipdown (197/199)!

Thank you VariaTEA for providing this one! I was going to wait until I had company to brew it up, but with work now it appears that wont be for a long time, and I thought this would be really nice to enjoy on my day off, plus an easy sipdown.

It’s really hot so I haven’t gotten to drink it too much yet; just small sips – but so far I think it tastes really nice. Kind of like strawberry jam, actually! Plus it’s really pretty to look at! I’ll edit my note if any other interesting flavours present while I drink it, but for now I think this is lovely – and I’m really enjoying it!

VariaTEA

This is my favorite out of the bunch I think.

Aimee Popovacki

i liked their strawberry and peach blooms for making iced teas… sad they didn’t continue having them.. maybe they will be back this summer!

VariaTEA

They show up occasionally on DAVIDs web specials page

Aimee Popovacki

yeah I noticed that.. I still have a couple left from last year!

Well I’m sorry to say, that as much as I love blooming tea, the Strawberry Bloom was awful. Purely, sickeningly awful. I took one sip and I gave the rest to my dying plant. It was just too terrible.

It “bloomed” very nicely, I’ll give it credit for that. There was too much (or maybe too little?) of the artificial strawberry taste and it didn’t even taste like strawberry. Whatever it was, the flavors were unbalanced and just wrong.

Smelled like strawberries dried but lacked it in taste and smell after. I don’t think I would buy this again.