Lychee Bloom

Black Flowering Blend
Chocolate, Lychee, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz
180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

• “So I forgot about the pot of this and went to the gym and now it has gotten quite cold. With that in mind, this is making for a sweet and juicy cup. When it is hot, I taste more of the tea flavor...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Drinking this tea is just like biting into a fresh lychee. The flavour is incredibly well captured- I am very impressed. Black tea taste on the finish which is balanced with the lychee. I wouldn't...” Read full tasting note
    Rarity 415 tasting notes
  • “This tea is absolutely wonderful. Lychee is one of my favourite fruits and It was masterfully captured. I really appreciated the black tea they went with for this ball... I was really unsure how...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 234 tasting notes
  • “Blech. I usually love David's Tea and I also usually love fruity teas, but this one is NOT for me. It's tolerable, but leaves some sort of weird aftertaste in my mouth that won't seem to go away....” Read full tasting note
    Kokopelli8885 47 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A fruity bouquet
These hand-crafted blooms taste just as lovely as they look. Each little wonder contains a beautiful blossom of lily and jasmine flowers. Just drop a ball into your glass teapot, watch it unfold, and meditate over the fresh aroma of juicy peach, ripe strawberry or sophisticated lychee. But the real surprise comes in your cup, as these particular blooms come loaded with a big fruity burst of flavour. Could life be more zen? Each box contains two of each flavour.

Lychee Bloom: Black tea, Lily flower, Jasmine flowers, artificial lychee flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I forgot about the pot of this and went to the gym and now it has gotten quite cold. With that in mind, this is making for a sweet and juicy cup. When it is hot, I taste more of the tea flavor and the lychee is not quite as artificial. As it is now, this tastes almost like a child’s juice box due to the heavy artificial sweetness (oh god that sounds far worse than it actually is). Right now, the sweetness is quite satisfying actually but typically I think I prefer this hot.

Roswell Strange

I wish I had a clear teapot to make use of bloom teas. The only one I actually own (I know – just one teapot…) is one I made for myself, as part of an art course (it’s fully functional). Bloom teas seem like such a waste when you can’t actually see them…

VariaTEA

Yeah, they are usually not bad flavor wise but definitely not worth buying unless you can enjoy their blooming. Also it is quite cool that you made your own teapot.

Roswell Strange

The town I moved from had a traditional styled English Tea House that was only a block and a half from my house, however at the point of my moving I was not heavily into to so I’d only been there a few times (three, I think?) despite having lived next to it for nearly ten years. Two of the times I was there I just got peppermint tea, but one of the times I got a pot of bloom tea (I can’t remember what it was called, though) and it was just beautiful and I remember it tasting great, though I’m sure my pallet is much more different now… When I go back up in January for late Christmas I’m going to make the effort to stop there, now that I know I’ll appreciate it more.

OMGsrsly

You can use a canning jar. Not as pretty, but it works!

Drinking this tea is just like biting into a fresh lychee. The flavour is incredibly well captured- I am very impressed. Black tea taste on the finish which is balanced with the lychee. I wouldn’t expect lychee to be the best compliment for a black tea but these tastes work well together. A bit reminiscent of lemony-taste on the start. Sweetness on the finish and after taste.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is absolutely wonderful.
Lychee is one of my favourite fruits and It was masterfully captured. I really appreciated the black tea they went with for this ball… I was really unsure how it would go with the lychee taste, but I really loved the malty black tea.
I only wish I stocked up :’(

Iced

Blech. I usually love David’s Tea and I also usually love fruity teas, but this one is NOT for me. It’s tolerable, but leaves some sort of weird aftertaste in my mouth that won’t seem to go away. Ugh…I feel like I need to brush my teeth about 10 times…

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more

Sipdown (200/202)!

As soon as I was done my Peach Bloom yesterday I just had to make another and I decided on this one because it was the one I was most interested in (because of the lychee) and the one I think I would least want to share – because I intend to save the last ones for when I have people over.

I briefly skimmed the other tasting notes for this one and didn’t see any other mention of this – so I’m thinking I’m the odd one out here but, while I did really enjoy this bloom, I was thrown off by the taste because while there is lychee flavour I found the black tea gave off very strong chocolate and malt notes which was really weird in comparison to the usually quite floral taste of lychee. So, I was a little startled by the flavour notes but it was really good and I definitely enjoyed the beauty of this one and that flavour.

Thanks VariaTEA! These blooms are quick sipdowns :) And so fun!

Flavors: Chocolate, Lychee, Malt

Hello my name is Charlotte and I am obsessed with blooming tea.

It’s just so lovely and special. OKAY IT’S A WHOLE ENTIRE FLOWER IN YOUR TEA AND THAT’S IT WHO COULD NOT LOVE THAT?!

Anyways, today after my driving class I took a little stroll down to David’s tea, and discovered their blooming tea. I’ve had other types of blooming tea before, but today is the first time I noticed it at David’s tea.

As for the taste, the Lychee Bloom basically tastes like lychee fruits! Haha. Just not as sweet as usual. If you’ve never tasted lychee before I can describe it to you as kind of like a grape or a pear flavor, or even a combination of the two. Lychee fruits are really sweet, but it’s hard to get that sweetness in a blooming tea.

I’m sorry I don’t really have much to say about this other than that watching the flower open in my glass was basically the highlight of my day.

to me, lychee means absolutely nothing, so I didn’t know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Loved it’s weirdness. David’sTea call it sophisticated and I think that’s the best way to describe.