Big Apple

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea Leaves, White Tea Leaves
Caramel, Cream, Butter, Apple
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “I’m surprised how well this one did in my travel mug and thermos today. It was a lovely hot tea, but it was also nicely refreshing when it cooled down. I kind of want to try it iced, but part of...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (150) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for this tasty tea. I drank up what *Roswell Strange* sent me yesterday and today I finished off the last of my second sample. It is a good tea and I am...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes
  • “I drank some of this before I went to work (to drink more tea) and it seemed creamier today. I steeped it for right under 3 minutes. I think it tastes much better when you don't follow the 3-4...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I don't think I had yet tried this one hot, just cold-brewed, so decided to give it a shot today. The tea in the bag smells exactly like a tart, delicious apple, as does the steeped tea, which is...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA <3 NY.

There’s just something magical about New York City. We love the hustle and bustle, the excitement, and of course the food. Something about the words “big apple” just gets us salivating. Which is why we created this tea, a deliciously fruity blend of premium white and green teas with big pieces of golden apple. It’s fun, flashy and full of flavour – just like our favourite city.

Ingredients: White tea (Mao Feng), green tea (Wu Lu and Guangxi), apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tea. Sipdown. Apples and things.
I’ve got projects and things so please excuse this terrible tasting note haha

VariaTEA

Haha good luck on your projects. And the note is not terribl. I mean, you covered the basics and that’s what counts.

VariaTEA

*terrible. Wow I am having issues with spelling today.

jump62359

Hahha thank you! It’s week 4 right now so I pretty much have a project/midterm/paper whatever the heck it is every week till finals week :/ Ahh well, I’ve got the tea to keep me going :)

VariaTEA

That sucks. Don’t worry though, you will get through it and it will be wonderful. Right now I am working on my very last final for my bachelors degree. I have already passed the class so I am so tempted to not do anything, which probably explains my slacking off until now when it is due at 9 am tomorrow. Ooops. Oh well. I figured I will do what I can and hand it in and whatever I get, I get.

I am inundate with sample pouches in my work stash. I can’t decide what to drink. I’m resolved to just sip down everything. At random. I grabbed this pouch first. The dry smell worried me. It was strong and kinda garbage-y. Brewed, the taste is less worrisome. The apple taste is super artificial, and there’s a desserty flavor to it. More like apple muffin than straight up apple. I can detect the refreshing qualities of green tea. Mineraly. Not horrible but I’d pass on a second cup.

Dry Leaf Nose: Rich apple notes with tea notes in the background.

Liquor: Golden yellow and clear with a very rich and ripe apple aroma.

Flavour: Ripe golden apples, fruity and spicy mingled with fine green and white teas. Green tea brings the spiciness of ripe apples to the blend.

Isabella Luna Gadbois

when is it coming out ?

DAVIDsTEA

In stores tomorrow!

canadianadia

mmm…I love love LOVE this tea!

After four cups, I’ve decided there is no way possible for me to brew this and actually enjoy it. There are notes there I adore for the apple, but I can’t seem to get the brew right. Still on the search for a perfect apple tea I guess.

ashmanra

Harney and Sons has an apple blend but I have never tried it.

Tina S.

Apple tastes can vary so much I’m always curious and scared to try them. I’ll have to search it out!

Hmm. This is an autumnal kind of apple tea, which I confess kind of suprised me. I was expecting some more sour appleness.
But even though this is more of golden delicious than granny smith, its still a bit bitter.
This was only a sample, so I cant make another cuppa to compare. Hmm. A thoughtful tea.

keychange

Yes, this did smell rather interesting in the store, and not too appley, either. Based on the scent alone, I can see why you haven’t completely made your mind up about this one.

I’m having a go at this one because I wanted to see what the new format was for tasting notes. It’s much longer, I must say and I don’t really enjoy the scrolling.

This tea smells just like green apple candy flavouring. Like whoa. I’m not a huge fan of that but it’s not turning me off either. I added a bit of sugar because flavoured greens and whites make me wary like that and I’ve never this before. It was from a trade a while ago and I don’t remember who sent it to me, Sorry! Also, don’t suggest a flavour if you don’t want to lose your tasting note. It opened up my mail window and I lost all that I had entered. Opening on a new tab would have been much preferred.

It tastes rather thin and is less strong than the smell would have it but I taste less apple candy and more actual apple. I’m not sure if I’m just suggestible from Roswell Strange’s note but I do pick up a hint of caramel as well. This is a pleasant enough tea and I am glad I got to try it.

Flavors: Caramel

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

This is the 2nd time I have tried my free sample from DT. The first time I was dumb and fallowed the instructions on the pack…… never again.

Ok the dry leaf of this smells EXACTLY like Jelly Belly beans green apple with a hint of carmal. The wet brew smells similar as well. I have to say though, I am not digging this tea. The little bit of the tea base that pops through is ok, but I get this astringency from it; though I didn’t brew it in a glass tea pot and stuff. The flavor unsweeten is ok. It has a weird sour note, and just taste fakey though due to the artificial flavoring. Usually I am not too sensitive to artificial stuff but it seems in my tea I notice it more; seems black tea’s pull them off better. The flavor just isn’t working. When I added a spot of sweetener it helped pull the flavor together better, but it was still meh.

I kinda wonder why they used artificial flavoring for apple. I mean white and green teas can already taste crisp and sweet. If they just kept the dehydrated apple pieces and used natural flavoring it would taste more like a real apple.

Overall I don’t like this tea. It just taste fakey and ick. I am not rating due to the lack of water temp measuring and playing around with it, but if I was going to rate it I would give it a 50 or lower

The last of the samples which came with my order, this was an interesting thing to try but it’s not going to end up in my cupboard. To me, it tastes like very light apple juice with a bitter green chaser. It’s still a huge improvement on the Salted Caramel, but I think the Pineapple Oolong was more enjoyable.

Big Apple is yet another sample from my order with David’s Tea. It’s definitely not something I would order on my own but I like it. In fact, I think I love it. Like a lot. And I hate apple so this, as a whole, is quite strange.

Big Apple tastes like the all the things I love about applesauce without all the things I hate like the texture and mushiness. The apple was nice. Not at all overpowering or jolly rancher-ish. There was a very nice spice flavor—perhaps nutmeg. I don’t know where it came from—maybe the green tea—-but it was appreciated because apple without nutmeg is a boring apple. I also got a strong buttery almost brown butter or caramel taste. I am not sure where that came from so I may be imagining it or maybe it’s from the white tea.

I was not expecting to like this one as much as I did but I’m thinking I will buy this during the summer to have iced. Or perhaps another apple tea from David’s (I have my eye on Mom’s Apple Pie). Or maybe both. I’m like that—I buy in bulk.
Amariel

I love this tea, but it isn’t something I grab much in the winter. It reminds me of caramel apples. It is great iced, or at least cold.

graceatblb

I just got another sample in my latest order—did a happy dance—so I am going to try it iced this time around.

CHAroma

I LOVE Mom’s Apple Pie!! Oh, it’s soooo good. Now my mouth is watering.

graceatblb

I’m holding myself back from ordering another shipment just to get Mom’s Apple Pie. I figure 3 huge tea orders in a month is overkill.

TeaLover58

Mom’s Apple Pie is my all time favorite tea! I’m with you on trying to hold back on another order graceatblb.

Urgh, I knew this would happen. I just knew it! Baby #2 is currently waging war on my ability to hold anything down longer than an hour: prenatal vitamins? Nope. Captain Crunch? Bye, bye. Applesauce? At least it tastes nearly the same down as it does up. Oatmeal? Not a chance!

I had my fingers crossed that this pregnancy would be different, but no, “morning” sickness—more like all-day-and night sickness—has kicked in. BIG time. Thus I’m on Diclectin, which takes away the nausea + vomiting, but leaves me super drowsy! So drowsy that I couldn’t wait to put my 19-month-old down for her after-lunch nap so that I could have one too!

Which brings me to tea. I’ve been craving it like madness, but then the thought of getting the kettle boiled, tea in cup, water over tea, waiting for steep, etc, was enough to send this pregnant gal back to bed. Too much work? Hey, I’m growing a human here. It takes a lot of effort! Plus, I never know if I’m going to open up some tea-pouch and have the scent send me reeling to the bathroom.

My solution? A tea that has a short steep time (pregnancy makes me impatient) + it has to be fruity (fruit doesn’t set off my nausea) = BIG APPLE. I erred on the side of caution by only steeping it for a minute, which turned out to be the right choice since this tea is light and apple-y, with the tiniest hint of caramel. To me, so much more satisfying than Baked Apple or Mom’s Apple Pie.

Now, fingers crossed this drowsiness subsides so I have the energy to brew more complex teas again…