Big Apple

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea Leaves, White Tea Leaves
Apple, Bitter, Apple Skins, Caramel, Cream, Butter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “I’m surprised how well this one did in my travel mug and thermos today. It was a lovely hot tea, but it was also nicely refreshing when it cooled down. I kind of want to try it iced, but part of...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (150) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for this tasty tea. I drank up what *Roswell Strange* sent me yesterday and today I finished off the last of my second sample. It is a good tea and I am...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1918 tasting notes
  • “I drank some of this before I went to work (to drink more tea) and it seemed creamier today. I steeped it for right under 3 minutes. I think it tastes much better when you don't follow the 3-4...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I don't think I had yet tried this one hot, just cold-brewed, so decided to give it a shot today. The tea in the bag smells exactly like a tart, delicious apple, as does the steeped tea, which is...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA <3 NY.

There’s just something magical about New York City. We love the hustle and bustle, the excitement, and of course the food. Something about the words “big apple” just gets us salivating. Which is why we created this tea, a deliciously fruity blend of premium white and green teas with big pieces of golden apple. It’s fun, flashy and full of flavour – just like our favourite city.

Ingredients: White tea (Mao Feng), green tea (Wu Lu and Guangxi), apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am first to admit that I am a sucker for green teas but I find white tea can be hit or miss with me. So when I saw a blend of both green and white tea it certainly got my attention. The result of blending the white and green tea for a base cuts any possible bitter aftertaste from the white tea. Add to this the perfect amount of wonderful, tarty sweet apple flavor, and you get a perfect apple tea. This tea is not only amazing going down but the dried blend is so aromatic that I can’t help but smile each time I open the tin. :)

Thank you to Lovelylotus for the sample! This is amazing! White teas are usually not something I drink very often, but this tea has a very good chance of becoming part of my summer collection! It has every quality an apple tea should- it’s refreshing, juicy, with just a bit of tartness to finish off the sip. I am tasting some soft vanilla notes, too. I am in love. Too bad I put too much honey in this to where I can’t taste the apple anymore. Grr. Ah well. Next time I drink this I’m going to try it iced!

I received a free sample with my DAVIDsTea online order. Brewed it for four minutes and it was undrinkable. It was incredibly bitter. I managed to get through two sips before I had to throw it out. The smell is great, but I am not sure if I’d ever bother buying a bag of this based on my experience with the sample.

Well…this tea is true to it’s name…it sure tastes like apples. I ordered this to go and did finish the cup but it was not good enough to go back and buy. I’m glad that I tried it but won’t be dissapointed if I dont try it again.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have great brewing luck. My kettle can be set for different temps so I made sure to steep to ensure I didn’t singe the leaves. For some reason, it was still too bitter. I have found an alternate use. I brew about 2 cups and add w/ chicken broth, cornstarch etc.. for a very tasty gravy. Yum yum!

AMAZING!!! OMG!!! So good! I tried it on a whim and loved it! Tons of apple flavor with just the slightest hint of cinnamon. It smells like apple pie to boot! For sure one to try if you haven’t already!

It’s also good to mix with Teavana’s Wild Orange Blossom. !.5 teaspoons to .5 teaspoons of Wild Orange Blossom.

As mentioned in my review for David’s Tea Sweet Apple Cider, I had been looking for an apple tea for some time.

Big Apple was the first one I tried. Sadly, I wasn’t at all impressed with the tea. In following the directions with steep time and water temperature I found it bitter. I was rather surprised that they recommended 90C for this tea, considering it’s a white/green hybrid.

I tried it a few more times tweaking both the steep time and temperature but to no avail.

Flavors: Apple, Bitter

At first sip, this tea left a bittersweet impression. My first thoughts were of the morning, with feelings of grogginess overtaking everything including the ability to get out of the rustling sheets of your very comfy bed. Upon the second sip, I fell in love and woke up to the tea. Memories of the morning stillness overclouding my mind and the words of Phillip Pullman and his series are what I wanted.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman, especially the Golden Compass.

Flavors: Apple, Apple Skins

I should probably steep this one properly next time. We’ll pretend this is part of my protocol for trying a new tea — see how it holds up to boiling water and being forgotten about. It’s a little bit bitter, but the bitterness kinda reminds me of that bitterness you get sometimes in a red delicious peel, so I think it’s okay. I’m not getting any of the caramel/vanilla notes that people have mentioned, so that’s unfortunate.
I’m glad this one has more tea than movie night — it’s a little disappointing to buy a green tea and then have it turn out to be mostly apples. (Hmm, maybe they’d be good mixed together?)
More notes to follow when I steep it properly. Maybe.

Sipdown!

A little bit of a sad sipdown, because I surprisingly liked this one quite a bit, considering I usually despise apple flavoured anything.
But though it’s a bit fake candy tasting on account of whatever flavoring they added, it’s still pretty yum!

Ehhhhhh though I’m getting a definite bitterness tonight. I may have over leafed just to get rid of the rest.

This is also the only non T&C TTB tea I’ve drank today. I’ve got a log of 10 or so entries just waiting to be added to Steepster :)