Big Apple

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

From DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA <3 NY.

There’s just something magical about New York City. We love the hustle and bustle, the excitement, and of course the food. Something about the words “big apple” just gets us salivating. Which is why we created this tea, a deliciously fruity blend of premium white and green teas with big pieces of golden apple. It’s fun, flashy and full of flavour – just like our favourite city.

Ingredients: White tea (Mao Feng), green tea (Wu Lu and Guangxi), apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am first to admit that I am a sucker for green teas but I find white tea can be hit or miss with me. So when I saw a blend of both green and white tea it certainly got my attention. The result of blending the white and green tea for a base cuts any possible bitter aftertaste from the white tea. Add to this the perfect amount of wonderful, tarty sweet apple flavor, and you get a perfect apple tea. This tea is not only amazing going down but the dried blend is so aromatic that I can’t help but smile each time I open the tin. :)

Thank you to Lovelylotus for the sample! This is amazing! White teas are usually not something I drink very often, but this tea has a very good chance of becoming part of my summer collection! It has every quality an apple tea should- it’s refreshing, juicy, with just a bit of tartness to finish off the sip. I am tasting some soft vanilla notes, too. I am in love. Too bad I put too much honey in this to where I can’t taste the apple anymore. Grr. Ah well. Next time I drink this I’m going to try it iced!

I received a free sample with my DAVIDsTea online order. Brewed it for four minutes and it was undrinkable. It was incredibly bitter. I managed to get through two sips before I had to throw it out. The smell is great, but I am not sure if I’d ever bother buying a bag of this based on my experience with the sample.

Well…this tea is true to it’s name…it sure tastes like apples. I ordered this to go and did finish the cup but it was not good enough to go back and buy. I’m glad that I tried it but won’t be dissapointed if I dont try it again.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have great brewing luck. My kettle can be set for different temps so I made sure to steep to ensure I didn’t singe the leaves. For some reason, it was still too bitter. I have found an alternate use. I brew about 2 cups and add w/ chicken broth, cornstarch etc.. for a very tasty gravy. Yum yum!

AMAZING!!! OMG!!! So good! I tried it on a whim and loved it! Tons of apple flavor with just the slightest hint of cinnamon. It smells like apple pie to boot! For sure one to try if you haven’t already!

It’s also good to mix with Teavana’s Wild Orange Blossom. !.5 teaspoons to .5 teaspoons of Wild Orange Blossom.

This tea is really yummy…you can taste the apples.

I don’t actually like this tea but I’ve only got enough left for 3 or so cups so I figured why not. It’s… caramely, the apple flavor is really really off to me and muted by the other flavors in the cup. I suppose it’s more of a dessert tea but it needs sweetener to really get there.

Flavors: Apple Skins, Caramel, Cream

I really disliked this tea the first few times I drank it (why keep drinking it, then? Well, I’d already purchased a big bag of it). The apple flavor is very artificial, and there’s a bitter, astringent quality to it that I didn’t like at all.
On the other hand, I recently tried it as iced tea, and wow! It works really well that way. It’s crisp and refreshing, with a very subtle but nice apple flavor. Much better than the hot tea.

Flavors: Apple

Iced

I’m not sure if I’ve properly reviewed this one before, but in case I haven’t… here we go! Had this tonight as a friend still had some in her stash. I’m not sure it tastes like what I remember, but I may have had the steep temperature a little too high. >_> In any case, this didn’t taste as apple-y as I thought, and it had some other profile I can’t quite put my finger on. Caramel, perhaps?