Big Apple

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea Leaves, White Tea Leaves
Apple, Bitter, Apple Skins, Caramel, Cream, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am first to admit that I am a sucker for green teas but I find white tea can be hit or miss with me. So when I saw a blend of both green and white tea it certainly got my attention. The result of blending the white and green tea for a base cuts any possible bitter aftertaste from the white tea. Add to this the perfect amount of wonderful, tarty sweet apple flavor, and you get a perfect apple tea. This tea is not only amazing going down but the dried blend is so aromatic that I can’t help but smile each time I open the tin. :)

Thank you to Lovelylotus for the sample! This is amazing! White teas are usually not something I drink very often, but this tea has a very good chance of becoming part of my summer collection! It has every quality an apple tea should- it’s refreshing, juicy, with just a bit of tartness to finish off the sip. I am tasting some soft vanilla notes, too. I am in love. Too bad I put too much honey in this to where I can’t taste the apple anymore. Grr. Ah well. Next time I drink this I’m going to try it iced!

I received a free sample with my DAVIDsTea online order. Brewed it for four minutes and it was undrinkable. It was incredibly bitter. I managed to get through two sips before I had to throw it out. The smell is great, but I am not sure if I’d ever bother buying a bag of this based on my experience with the sample.

Well…this tea is true to it’s name…it sure tastes like apples. I ordered this to go and did finish the cup but it was not good enough to go back and buy. I’m glad that I tried it but won’t be dissapointed if I dont try it again.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have great brewing luck. My kettle can be set for different temps so I made sure to steep to ensure I didn’t singe the leaves. For some reason, it was still too bitter. I have found an alternate use. I brew about 2 cups and add w/ chicken broth, cornstarch etc.. for a very tasty gravy. Yum yum!

AMAZING!!! OMG!!! So good! I tried it on a whim and loved it! Tons of apple flavor with just the slightest hint of cinnamon. It smells like apple pie to boot! For sure one to try if you haven’t already!

It’s also good to mix with Teavana’s Wild Orange Blossom. !.5 teaspoons to .5 teaspoons of Wild Orange Blossom.

I really disliked this tea the first few times I drank it (why keep drinking it, then? Well, I’d already purchased a big bag of it). The apple flavor is very artificial, and there’s a bitter, astringent quality to it that I didn’t like at all.
On the other hand, I recently tried it as iced tea, and wow! It works really well that way. It’s crisp and refreshing, with a very subtle but nice apple flavor. Much better than the hot tea.

Flavors: Apple

I’m not sure if I’ve properly reviewed this one before, but in case I haven’t… here we go! Had this tonight as a friend still had some in her stash. I’m not sure it tastes like what I remember, but I may have had the steep temperature a little too high. >_> In any case, this didn’t taste as apple-y as I thought, and it had some other profile I can’t quite put my finger on. Caramel, perhaps?

As mentioned in my review for David’s Tea Sweet Apple Cider, I had been looking for an apple tea for some time.

Big Apple was the first one I tried. Sadly, I wasn’t at all impressed with the tea. In following the directions with steep time and water temperature I found it bitter. I was rather surprised that they recommended 90C for this tea, considering it’s a white/green hybrid.

I tried it a few more times tweaking both the steep time and temperature but to no avail.

Flavors: Apple, Bitter

Inspired by David’s Tea Perfect Match tea blends, I have started my own. My first mix was Cotton Candy with Big Apple.

I brewed it as a white tea and recommend not a long steeping time. It tasted most pleasant this way. I would definitely try this blend again.

This is a tisane for the definite sweeter taste bud carrying person.

Books recommended for this tea are: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner, and Perfect Reader by Maggie Pouncey