Big Apple

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea Leaves, White Tea Leaves
Caramel, Cream, Butter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “I’m surprised how well this one did in my travel mug and thermos today. It was a lovely hot tea, but it was also nicely refreshing when it cooled down. I kind of want to try it iced, but part of...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (150) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for this tasty tea. I drank up what *Roswell Strange* sent me yesterday and today I finished off the last of my second sample. It is a good tea and I am...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1332 tasting notes
  • “I drank some of this before I went to work (to drink more tea) and it seemed creamier today. I steeped it for right under 3 minutes. I think it tastes much better when you don't follow the 3-4...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I don't think I had yet tried this one hot, just cold-brewed, so decided to give it a shot today. The tea in the bag smells exactly like a tart, delicious apple, as does the steeped tea, which is...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA <3 NY.

There’s just something magical about New York City. We love the hustle and bustle, the excitement, and of course the food. Something about the words “big apple” just gets us salivating. Which is why we created this tea, a deliciously fruity blend of premium white and green teas with big pieces of golden apple. It’s fun, flashy and full of flavour – just like our favourite city.

Ingredients: White tea (Mao Feng), green tea (Wu Lu and Guangxi), apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thank you to Lovelylotus for the sample! This is amazing! White teas are usually not something I drink very often, but this tea has a very good chance of becoming part of my summer collection! It has every quality an apple tea should- it’s refreshing, juicy, with just a bit of tartness to finish off the sip. I am tasting some soft vanilla notes, too. I am in love. Too bad I put too much honey in this to where I can’t taste the apple anymore. Grr. Ah well. Next time I drink this I’m going to try it iced!

I received a free sample with my DAVIDsTea online order. Brewed it for four minutes and it was undrinkable. It was incredibly bitter. I managed to get through two sips before I had to throw it out. The smell is great, but I am not sure if I’d ever bother buying a bag of this based on my experience with the sample.

Well…this tea is true to it’s name…it sure tastes like apples. I ordered this to go and did finish the cup but it was not good enough to go back and buy. I’m glad that I tried it but won’t be dissapointed if I dont try it again.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have great brewing luck. My kettle can be set for different temps so I made sure to steep to ensure I didn’t singe the leaves. For some reason, it was still too bitter. I have found an alternate use. I brew about 2 cups and add w/ chicken broth, cornstarch etc.. for a very tasty gravy. Yum yum!

AMAZING!!! OMG!!! So good! I tried it on a whim and loved it! Tons of apple flavor with just the slightest hint of cinnamon. It smells like apple pie to boot! For sure one to try if you haven’t already!

It’s also good to mix with Teavana’s Wild Orange Blossom. !.5 teaspoons to .5 teaspoons of Wild Orange Blossom.

After the debacle that was Golden Moon’s Tippy Earl Grey (where instead of “blergamot” like Sil, I went “lavenblerg”), I needed to feel some love. I’d had this sitting in my cupboard for a while since I received it in a swap from Aimee Popovacki, so it was time to take a look.

Dry, there’s definitely a smell of apple, but there’s also something else that’s flaky or pastry-like. Apple turnover? Apple Jack cereal? Those Passion Flakie pastries with the fruit jelly and sweetened whipped cream? Something like that. Not quite vanilla, not quite cream, not quite nutmeg, but definitely something sweet and tempting.

Anyways.

I followed the steeping instructions on the package, and unlike many others, I didn’t encounter much bitterness. A little bit, but it wasn’t a horrible, astringent mess. I probably would turn the steep temperature down a bit (I think 75-80°C sounds about right) and maybe add some agave nectar to it to make it even better – otherwise, the flavour was very true to the scent.

I may still prefer Movie Night over this, but I’m glad I got to try some. Now I just have to figure what exactly this tea reminds me so much of.

Aimee Popovacki

i hate that they are retiring this. ugh.

Christina

Oh really? I didn’t know that. When will they discontinue it?

Aimee Popovacki

i guess as soon as it sells out.. it was in their monthly newsletter.. they are retiring this, super berry, bamboozled, and exotica… its nonsense.. they are four of my like favorite staples!

Another green tea I tried over the weekend. This from a mystery stash from several moons ago… thanks Janelle!

I was in the mood for a green as I had already had my black tea of the morning and this one almost literally jumped out at me so I thought I’d give it a go.

Dry it smells of tart green apple. Steeped I get a buttery apple with a slight hint of some kind of cinnamon or spice?? Not sure if I’m tasting spice, but there is something beyond just apple in this cup for me. I think the mix of green and white teas go well here in making a buttery cup w/o being vegetal. I wish I could pick out what I’m tasting besides apple, but otherwise a pretty decent cup.

I think if the apple smell and taste weren’t so artificial, it would be a lovely everyday tea. There needs to be some other flavour or scent to temper the jolly rancher-like apple. I’ll stick with David’s Mango Madness for a white tea.

bought this tea on a whim. The sales associate told me to not follow the instructions as directed on the label (1 1/4 tsp 3-4 mins in 92 degrees Celsius water) She directed me to put in 1 tsp for 30 seconds in 74 degree water. When steeped properly (her advice) this tea is light and fruity and one of my favorites. However if you steep it too long or at the wrong temperature it is extremely bitter.

Oooo Another white tea that surprised me. This one smells like green apple jolly ranchers Hoooorah!

I would definitely buy this tea again, it is perfect as an afternoon brew and with its medium caffeine content, it won’t keep you up all night.

Edit: OH MY GOD, I just brewed another cup and this one smells SOOO good!! Im drooling waiting for this to cool down!

damn, slightly bitter. not sure what you can do to fix the bitterness, maybe steep less time?

(ColeTheTeaAddict.Tumblr.com)