English Rose

Chocolate, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

Rose to the occasion

Rose-scented teas are seriously steeped in tradition. Popular in China for hundreds of years, they’ve also been central to English teatime since the Victorian era. Our version combines black tea from Sri Lanka with pretty pink rosebuds and creamy white chocolate curls. Floral, sweet and delicate, it’s an elegant choice for any tea party – whether it’s an afternoon break at the office or high tea with the Queen. We love it with shortbread cookies or a hot buttered scone. Cheers! (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Black tea, white chocolate pieces, rosebuds, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was always my perfect, any day, any time, year round type of tea. I bought it for my roommate for her birthday and we shared it. It’s so light, floral and sweet. I absolutely love roses so this was one of my favourites! I wish it wasn’t discontinued.

DavidsTEA’s English Rose tea and Teavana’s Amandine Rose tea are my ultimate favorites! I’m a huge fan of flavored black teas on the sweeter side and while this may not be “sweet” in the traditional sense, it’s sweet and delicate in aroma and absolutely delicious with a little bit of milk and sugar! The rose scent is prominent and it tastes like a traditional black rose tea with a sugary twist on it. I really wish DavidsTEA hadn’t discontinued it :( Teavana discontinued Amandine Rose as well so now I am back on the hunt for a replacement.

Flavors: Chocolate, Rose

I got a pouch of this for Christmas this year – really enjoyed it! I could probably do without, or less of, the white chocolate (I noticed an oily film on the surface of the tea, hoping that it’s from the chocolate melting!), but I finished the pouch off fairly quickly. Definitely one I’d buy again!

Perfect tea to accompany a simple, straight forward short bread cookie.
The dry leaf smells enticingly of astringent black tea, fruity roses, and warm, creamy white chocolate. I used to hate the idea of adding chocolate to a tea but this is the tea that changed my mind.
I drink this with neither milk nor sugar; the white chocolate takes care of any need for sweetness or creaminess. I agree with steeping this no longer than 4 minutes, as the base does seem to go bitter quickly.

I was very excited to buy a tin of this tea after smelling it once in the past. I decided to buy a cup to try it first and I’m so glad I did- it smells and tastes wonderful but it has a greasy film on the surface and leaves a waxy dark ring around the top of your cup. It’s such a pretty delicate tea, but the film was such a turn-off. I guess it’s from the melted white chocolate, but I won’t buy it because it will be gross and messy to have that ring lining the mug every time I drink it. It reminds me of the ring around the bath tub from the Dr. Seuss book, Cat in the Hat Comes Back.

By far this is my favourite tea from DavidsTea. I am a fan of anything floral, including teas! My favourite floral tea has probably got to be rose flavoured blends though. When I saw this at the store, I didn’t even have to smell it because the name itself drew me in. As for the taste, it is very floral – some might be put off by it because it’s too “perfumey” but I love it! It’s also sweet enough that you do not have to add sweetener, unless you want to of course. I love drinking it hot, and it tastes sinful with a splash of milk and a sweetener of your choice. But without any additives, it is great on it’s own and I would definitely recommend this tea to any person who loves floral teas, especially roses! This one is a staple for sure.

This is my new go-to girlie tea party tea.

I love the flavour of rose and it pairs wonderfully with the white chocolate, but I find this tea turns bitter very fast. Not terribly so, but it could definitely be better. Still a tasty cup :)

Very very good.
Light and floral.
No overpowering taste. The white chocolate is a nice addition. I’m loving this! Must try with milk later or tomorrow.