Pineapple Oolong

Oolong Tea
Apricot, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Pineapple
Floral, Medicinal, Pineapple, Apricot, Vegetables, Candy, Creamy, Sweet, Thick
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m finishing this sample today. It’s a light oolong with a definite pineapple taste. To me it’s more of a Spring/Summer tea than Autumn/Winter tea. I find that as the days and nights get...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 355 tasting notes
  • “Thank you SO MUCH to Dexter for sharing her bounty in free DavidsTea with me. :) Yep, this is the tea I chose. And it’s been changed. The pineapple pieces are now...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1909 tasting notes
  • “I didn’t realize I never posted a longer review! We finished this one up today and it is on my re-buy list, honestly. The oolong is there but very subtle under the sweet pineapple. It puts me...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 706 tasting notes
  • “I finally managed to take the time to brew this one up, and have to say that I’m rather disappointed. Yes, it’s definitely pineappley. But the oolong is lighter than I was expecting,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2970 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Crowning glory

With their exotic, golden flavour and dramatic spiky crown, pineapples are clearly the king of the fruit world. Their original name was “Ananas,” from the Tupi word for “excellent fruit” – we couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Here we blend big pieces of pineapple with Tie Kwan Yin oolong tea, for the perfect balance of fresh, fruity and floral. The result? A bright, refreshing blend that’s equally amazing hot or iced. Trust us – it’s like drinking a cup of sunshine.

Ingredients: Hand-rolled Ti Kwan Yin oolong, pineapple, apricot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Eh. I got this as a free sample & was really excited to try it. This is only the second oolong I have ever tried. So far, I am head over heels for milk oolong. This wasn’t bad. I just wouldn’t purchase this myself.

mmmmnh. the flavouring tastes fake. not really much else to say about it than that, unfortunately! :( too bad, i was looking for another fruity oolong.
thats ok though! six more newbies to try tomorrow morning! so watch out!!

This is probably my favorite tea of all time, so I thought this tea should be the first one I review~ It’s right in between fruity and earthy. I was crushed when I found out that this one was being discontinued so I ordered 500 grams of it, would have bought more if it was still available in store or online. I seem to have a sunnier disposition when I drink this tea, I feel like it relieves some stress and gives a sense of comfort. I just can’t help but feel happy when I taste or even smell it. It’s great hot or iced.

7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Backlog – I had this Sunday, just one cup made for me at the David’s tea store. I wasn’t too impressed with this. It tasted like watery pineapple juice and I could barely detect any oolong at all. Won’t be a repurchase for me, sorry David’s!

Kirkoneill1988

i think i’ve heard of this tea before

I got this as a to go cup, since I was told it’s being discontinued, and I figured I might as well try it while I still can (and stock up if it’s amazing.)

This tea started off really nice – floral oolong, very authentic pineapple flavour (maybe the best I’ve experienced in a tea yet), but there’s also a very strong medicinal note that gives this a kind of cough syrup quality that I’m just not enjoying.

I thought maybe I oversteeped it (probably), but adding more water and resteeping the leaves didn’t help.

Ah well, pineapple oolong, I will not be sad to see you go.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal, Pineapple

This is very unimpressive. I was hoping it could be a substitute for my beloved Butiki Flowery Pineapple Oolong. But where that tea tastes juicy and natural, this one is slightly drying and tastes more like pineapple candy than actual pineapple. I’m very glad to have tried this blend but the search for a quality pineapple oolong goes on. Thanks for the sample EmilyGee!

the closest i’ve found is the one from lupicia but it has coconut and isn’t as juicy and lovely

Kaylee

Hmm. On the to-try list it goes! I wonder if this is just a particularly difficult flavor to pull off for some reason.

This smells so freakin good dry!!!!

First time trying it, had it straight with no sweetener/milk. The aroma was a not as fragrant as when it was dry. The flavour is quite nice, gets a little astringent towards the end which I suspect is from the oolong maybe, but still quite a nice pineapple taste. I’ll try it again later with a bit of sweetener or iced as I think this could be very nice that way.

Flavors: Apricot, Pineapple

So disappointed with this one. D: I thought that it would be more fruity and sweet, but it wasn’t. It just tasted like oolong and kinda vegetable-ish. The only fruity flavor was apricot. It tasted ever so faintly of apricot, but that was it. :( Sad times…
Well thank you for the sample, Darby! Glad to have not wasted my money!!

Flavors: Apricot, Vegetables

OMGsrsly

It used to be so much better… :(

raven22

I find I need to have several of the fruit chunks in my teabag for this one to taste the best – maybe your sample didn’t have enough of those?

Ost

Did they really change it, OMGsrsly? I am pretty sure that they changed Movie Night last year, and now it’s not as good too :(

Ost

Raven22 it actually did have a decent amount of chunks. The dry leaf smelled amazing-like candy! It totally screwed me over hahah the sweet smell betrayed me! D:

OMGsrsly

Yeah. The first time I bought it the pineapple pieces were very tiny and it was super fresh and juicy with a background of floral. I have some that Dex sent near the end of last summer, and it’s almost soapy and too floral and the pineapple chunks are HUGE.

OMGsrsly

I don’t hate it, but it’s not the tea I fell in love with.

raven22

Oh boo, that sucks! :( It’s a pity so many of these teas smell better than they taste, LOL.

I’m discovering that I actually like oolongs! This one was really nice, however the pineapple flavour was really subtle. I added a chunk of fresh pineapple from my fridge actually and it was much better :P

I finally caved an got a tin of this, becaise it’s the one tea in my house that all the tea drinkers love. I wish it wasn’t so expensive, but it’s an oolong, so I will have to grin and bear it. I love the pineapple flavour, I love the lightness and the smell is to die for. Definitely a keeper.

Ost

Ah I really need to try this one!! Is it really sweet?

raven22

It’s not super sweet, in my opinion – the oolong base balances that out.