Pineapple Oolong

Oolong Tea
Apricot, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Pineapple
Candy, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet, Thick
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m finishing this sample today. It’s a light oolong with a definite pineapple taste. To me it’s more of a Spring/Summer tea than Autumn/Winter tea. I find that as the days and nights get...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “Thank you SO MUCH to Dexter for sharing her bounty in free DavidsTea with me. :) Yep, this is the tea I chose. And it's been changed. The pineapple pieces are now HUGE, way bigger than the oolong...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1619 tasting notes
  • “I didn't realize I never posted a longer review! We finished this one up today and it is on my re-buy list, honestly. The oolong is there but very subtle under the sweet pineapple. It puts me in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I finally managed to take the time to brew this one up, and have to say that I'm rather disappointed. Yes, it's definitely pineappley. But the oolong is lighter than I was expecting, and would have...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Crowning glory

With their exotic, golden flavour and dramatic spiky crown, pineapples are clearly the king of the fruit world. Their original name was “Ananas,” from the Tupi word for “excellent fruit” – we couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Here we blend big pieces of pineapple with Tie Kwan Yin oolong tea, for the perfect balance of fresh, fruity and floral. The result? A bright, refreshing blend that’s equally amazing hot or iced. Trust us – it’s like drinking a cup of sunshine.

Ingredients: Hand-rolled Ti Kwan Yin oolong, pineapple, apricot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a coldbrew disappointment. I brewed it for about 24 hours with more than enough leaf, but it is weak as heck. I added a drop or two of vanilla agave and that is all I can taste. I was hoping for a strong, sweet pineapple and what I got was tangy vanilla. Boo. I’ll have to try this hot before I decide how I feel about it.

Fjellrev

Really! I was just thinking of cracking open my pouch and cold brewing some. I was so sure it would make a good one. That’s too bad.

aisling of tea

I know, I was so disappointed by it. Maybe I’ll coldbrew again for tomorrow with sugar instead and see how that goes.

a very light oolong, the sweet notes of the pineapple are really evident. the tea is a light yellow colour after steeping for around seven minutes. i love this tea because it’s sweet enough to not need sweetener, but it’s not an “artificial” sweet taste.

definitely my favorite davidstea oolong out of the ones i’ve tried thus far! i absolutely love it warm, and it’s equally delicious as an iced tea. i enjoy this one so much that i’ll be repurchasing it before i run out of it!

175 °F / 79 °C 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

It’s nice. The pineapple smell is stronger than the taste.

I don’t really know what to say about this tea. Oolong tea has a particular taste which is hard to describe for me. I could tell this tea reminds me of Bamboozled and Happy Kombucha (both from David’s tea collection). I believe you get what’s expected from this one: Oolong taste + exotic fruity taste.

Hmmm….. This tea is an exceptional one for sure. The first time I tasted this tea was when it was the tea of the day. Words could not express how I hard I had to try to swallow the tea and finish what was in my sample cup. I was totally turned off by it.

Then, I ordered some teas online and this was one of my free samples. So I steeped it, with the intention of giving it to my family to drink. Then (here I go again with another one of my famous impulses) I decided to take a sip, and believe me, I drank the rest of the pot! I don’t know what happened that first day, but my opinion of pineapple oolong had just done a 360 and I had fallen in love.

The moral of this story is to act on your impulses.

JUST KIDDING

The moral is to always give teas a second chance, when it’s free ;)

As for the tea it self, it is super super sweet from all the pineapple it pretty much superposes the oolong taste. So you could call it pineapple tea, because that is all you will taste (which is not a bad thing!).

A smooth oolong base with floral and fruity notes on top that actually taste and smell like pineapple. The fruit flavor is a lot more spot-on than other pineapple teas I have tried. Served warm, the fruit notes are bold with that similarity to fresh cut chunks of pineapple, but I really prefer this iced, because the citrus sweet tang of the pineapple was tempered into a refreshing drink.

Iced 6 min, 0 sec

This was a David’s Tea sample. It’s my first pineapple tea, and. As surprised that it wasn’t stronger. I
The pineapple scent was very strong, so I was expecting the flavor to be stronger. I liked this, though I think it’s more spring/summer than fall, which we’re getting into.

As a note; I’m having trouble adjusting my rates on the iPad. I may have to wait format until,I’m on the computer. It was about 200 degrees for 3 minutes.

2nd steeping – oddly the pineapple flavor is a lot stronger with this steep than the first. Maybe I steeped it too long? I added some milk, but it didn’t seem to tone it down a lot. It’s certainly not bad, but I don’t think I’d order any of it.

I like it! A lot! Reminds me of the pineapple lifesavers, which were always my favourites. I don’t explicitly taste the apricot, but I think it probably just combines with the other flavours to give the tea a fruity sweetness.

I could definitely taste the oolong, but probably because I over-steeped (it didn’t get bitter, though). Something I want to try next time: pick all of the fruit pieces out and drop them in the bottom of the cup, and put the oolong leaves in the filter. Then I can let the tea get fruitier and fruitier without leaving the leaves in there to burn. Ah, the possibilities…

I would definitely buy this one again.

Used my whole sample to make a pot today. It was pretty tasty, but not enough that I feel the need to get more.

The smell is pretty artificial and so is the taste. That being said… sometimes it’s what you’re hankering for… it tastes like what crystalized pineapple in the harry potter books might be like.