Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz

• “I’m finishing this sample today. It’s a light oolong with a definite pineapple taste. To me it’s more of a Spring/Summer tea than Autumn/Winter tea. I find that as the days and nights get...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a tea to go today. Sadly, for some reason it tastes kind of rancid. Like milk-rancid. I'm not sure why, unless it's because the steeper they used in-store was used for a lot of teas...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1366 tasting notes
  • “I didn't realize I never posted a longer review! We finished this one up today and it is on my re-buy list, honestly. The oolong is there but very subtle under the sweet pineapple. It puts me in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “I finally managed to take the time to brew this one up, and have to say that I'm rather disappointed. Yes, it's definitely pineappley. But the oolong is lighter than I was expecting, and would have...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Crowning glory

With their exotic, golden flavour and dramatic spiky crown, pineapples are clearly the king of the fruit world. Their original name was “Ananas,” from the Tupi word for “excellent fruit” – we couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Here we blend big pieces of pineapple with Tie Kwan Yin oolong tea, for the perfect balance of fresh, fruity and floral. The result? A bright, refreshing blend that’s equally amazing hot or iced. Trust us – it’s like drinking a cup of sunshine.

Ingredients: Hand-rolled Ti Kwan Yin oolong, pineapple, apricot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hmmm….. This tea is an exceptional one for sure. The first time I tasted this tea was when it was the tea of the day. Words could not express how I hard I had to try to swallow the tea and finish what was in my sample cup. I was totally turned off by it.

Then, I ordered some teas online and this was one of my free samples. So I steeped it, with the intention of giving it to my family to drink. Then (here I go again with another one of my famous impulses) I decided to take a sip, and believe me, I drank the rest of the pot! I don’t know what happened that first day, but my opinion of pineapple oolong had just done a 360 and I had fallen in love.

The moral of this story is to act on your impulses.

JUST KIDDING

The moral is to always give teas a second chance, when it’s free ;)

As for the tea it self, it is super super sweet from all the pineapple it pretty much superposes the oolong taste. So you could call it pineapple tea, because that is all you will taste (which is not a bad thing!).

A smooth oolong base with floral and fruity notes on top that actually taste and smell like pineapple. The fruit flavor is a lot more spot-on than other pineapple teas I have tried. Served warm, the fruit notes are bold with that similarity to fresh cut chunks of pineapple, but I really prefer this iced, because the citrus sweet tang of the pineapple was tempered into a refreshing drink.

Iced 6 min, 0 sec

This was a David’s Tea sample. It’s my first pineapple tea, and. As surprised that it wasn’t stronger. I
The pineapple scent was very strong, so I was expecting the flavor to be stronger. I liked this, though I think it’s more spring/summer than fall, which we’re getting into.

As a note; I’m having trouble adjusting my rates on the iPad. I may have to wait format until,I’m on the computer. It was about 200 degrees for 3 minutes.

2nd steeping – oddly the pineapple flavor is a lot stronger with this steep than the first. Maybe I steeped it too long? I added some milk, but it didn’t seem to tone it down a lot. It’s certainly not bad, but I don’t think I’d order any of it.

I like it! A lot! Reminds me of the pineapple lifesavers, which were always my favourites. I don’t explicitly taste the apricot, but I think it probably just combines with the other flavours to give the tea a fruity sweetness.

I could definitely taste the oolong, but probably because I over-steeped (it didn’t get bitter, though). Something I want to try next time: pick all of the fruit pieces out and drop them in the bottom of the cup, and put the oolong leaves in the filter. Then I can let the tea get fruitier and fruitier without leaving the leaves in there to burn. Ah, the possibilities…

I would definitely buy this one again.

Used my whole sample to make a pot today. It was pretty tasty, but not enough that I feel the need to get more.

The smell is pretty artificial and so is the taste. That being said… sometimes it’s what you’re hankering for… it tastes like what crystalized pineapple in the harry potter books might be like.

This is one I kept going back to and smelling but never trying. The first few times I smelled it in store, I really didnt like it at all. I picked it up about 2 weeks ago when they had a sale on pre-packaged teas. When I brought it home and smelled it, it was really different than what I had smelled in-store. This one surprised me and I do intend to buy more when I run out.

Just got this tea in the mail as a sample…not bad. It smells great, and has a very light taste. The smell reminds me of a pineapple soda. I think this tea would make a great iced tea, but either way it’s not bad hot.

Similar in ways to the banana oolong but a little more subtle on the “flavor” but has a better sweetness balance out of the tin.

So far, liking it a lot.

Unlike some other teas, the fruit here being pineapple is definitely present. The pineapple is a little tart, but if you add a little sweetener it’s actually quite yummy! :). The apricot it also there but it’s not very strong, nonetheless it all makes for an interesting combination worth trying!