Chai Amazonia (organic)

Chai Guayusa Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

• “Had my dad sample this tea while he's visiting from Canada. During the week he was here, I introduced him to various teas - he occasional hits DavidsTea in the mall for free samples (lol) but...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 935 tasting notes
  • “I got this in a swap with *Reasoned_Melody*. There's a longer story behind how I got this tea, but let's just say they finally came. Yay!!! I was dragging a bit this morning and I thought this...” Read full tasting note
    forkyfork 166 tasting notes
  • “Guayusa and chai? Sounds like a good combo. I'd really rather have some of Butiki's Good Morning Sunshine right now, though... The aroma of this one is definitely chai-like, but smells like it's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet and spicy with strong guayusa notes. Liquor: Green-gold and clear with sweet spicy aromatics. Flavour: Mild, but warm and spicy with pepper and ginger notes, and a hint...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 149 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A warm welcome
This exotic, energizing chai uses guayusa from the Amazonia region of Ecuador, spiced up with cinnamon, ginger, peppercorns and spices. Guayusa is a big part of daily life in Ecuador. Every day, indigenous families wake up at 3am to sit around the fire, sipping guayusa from gourds until the sun comes up and chatting about everything from hunting techniques to ancestral myths. You don’t have to get up that early to enjoy it, but trust us – this spicy chai is sure to wake you up and warm the soul.

Ingredients: Organic: guayusa, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, fennel, black pepper, pink peppercorns, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh god…too early..kill me now.. need to wake the &*%$ up. Eyes full of sleep and waiting for the hot( hopefully) fireman to come.( Aren’t they all hot even the not-hot ones?) to fix our smoke detector. ( please be cute.please be cute.please be cute) So yes need to wake up put a decent face on and I need something powerful,spicy and a punch in the face. It’s time to try Organic Chai Amazonia.

In the collector’s edition container..the smell punches my eyes.Tickles my nose. Light notes of Chai.Cinnamon loving my nostrils and the fennel is like I’M AWAKE.

Okay…here goes..down the hatch..

This is surprisingly mild..and it’s the only ‘chai" tea I’ve ever had from DT that is even close to being an actual representation of chai tea,proper.
FIX THAT!

Reminds me of : The reflection of a mug of chai tea( if that makes no sense to you,work on your imagination or take a history and aesthetics of art course) It wants to be chai,it is made of chai but it is not a chai. Just an imitation of a picture of a chai tea..that is not an insult it is just the truth.

Perfect for; People who can’t handle the intensity of chais and want something daintier.People who want a boost without caffeine and a good candidate for a jug of iced tea with a group of friends.Mixing with other chai teas.

Final verdict: Like I said above (perfectly may I add) it wants to be real Chai so badly but there’s no blue fairy for teas. (unfortunate I know)I’m sassy today! Big plus is I’m holy crap awake ( like good for you speed) ZOOOOOOM ZOOOOOM all around the living room!! Major bonus points for wanting to clean everything,read everything and dance crazy all around the house!

It tastes like grass and pepper. If you like grass and pepper, you’ll like this tea.

In all seriousness, I’m actually happy that this one is discontinued. Blegh!

not really getting much of anything from this one.
it smells pretty earthy, i’m guessing that’s the guayusa, but taste-wise nothing really comes through except a tiny bit of the fennel.
looks pretty as a dry tea! can’t really say much else though.

Today is a sad, sad day for Owlie. She re-found this little sample in her tea cupboard, with no idea where it came from. Intrigued, she pulled it out and saw “CHAI” jump out at her in bold black letters. Thrilled, she put the kettle on.
Steeped…

And died a little inside because no chai should ever be like this. No she decided, this was NOT a chai at all, not a true spicy delicious, creamy-with-milk confection of cinnamon and clovey complex goodness but some abomination of a green concoction with pepper tossed it at whim to appease the tea gods need for a sacrifice of spice. The stevia, she decided with a grimace, was a heavy-handed and whole-hearted mistake. “This tea,” she proclaimed, "would possibly have been far more enjoyable had it not been stamped with the misleading moniker of CHAI. Otherwise I would not feel so horribly deceived by the actual tea.

First time trying DAVIDsTEA and this is the tea I went with to try. Love this Chai. I am not usually a chai person but the mixture of peppercorn, ginger and cinnamon is great. Its a nice way to wake up in the morning.

The combination of spices and guayusa is great. I love the smell and the taste (with a touch of agave added), and the energy I get from the guayusa is really nice.

I need to try more guayusa blends.

I don’t normally like chai teas, but this one is just faintly spicy when it’s iced. I’m not sure if it really gave me an energy boost or not…