Cocoa Canela (organic)

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dark Bittersweet, Caramel, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I've been working so hard at drinking _only_ teas I'm working towards sipping down that I decided today to reward myself with another tea that I'm not aiming to sipdown any time soon; I just wanted...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes
  • “My friend messaged me this morning in search of a tea that tastes like DAVIDs Pumpkin Chai. I just sent mine off last week but I recommended Grandma's Pumpkin Pie and keeping an eye on DAVIDs web...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1969 tasting notes
  • “Today I used this to make my first latte ever! It was exciting, although I’m quite certain I screwed it up. It’s milky, chocolatey, cinnamony, and it has that roasty mate taste. It does leave a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from Friday night. I've heard pretty good reviews about this one, especially from a coworker, so was pretty excited to try it out! The dry tea is definitely VERY cocoa-y, so much so that...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Muy delicioso

This super-chocolatey blend is an homage to Mexican hot chocolate, which is traditionally spiked with cinnamon. First we take carob, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder and chocolate chips for a rich chocolate overload. Then we add pieces of cinnamon for a hint of spicy warmth. And to top it all off we add South American yerba maté for a seriously sweet energy boost. Try it as a latte with a shake of cinnamon and a warm churro for dipping. (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Organic: Yerba maté, carob, cocoa nibs and powder, cinnamon, chocolate. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious! Like Mexican hot chocolate. A favorite.

Tried it as a latte with so milk. yummy

I made this one the other day as a latte…I sprinkled the top with some ground cinnamon and chocolate! (It was amazing)I have yet to try this as a tea but as a latte I would strongly reccomend it…I think the best way to describe it would be as a cinnamon hot chocolate :).

Had this one as am iced latte when it was the tea of the day. It was delicious!!!!! Rich chocolate flavor with a hint of cinnamon.

I ordered some of this with my last order because it sounded like it would be something I’d enjoy. I’m always looking for an alternative to hot chocolate, but one that still has that rich, sweet flavor. I love hot chocolate, but would prefer to save the calories for something else.

Sipping… this tastes really familiar and I think that it’s the cinnamon DAVIDsTEA uses. It’s sweet and warming, but I don’t get that much of a cocoa flavor. For me, this is hot cinnamon water with maybe a touch of cocoa if I really look for it. I keep sipping the cup thinking that maybe I’ll get a stronger chocolate flavor, but it never comes. Normally a watery cinnamon tea would be down the drain by now, but there is something in this that keeps it from being a cup of spicy liquid gum. I’m not sure what it is, but I appreciate it!

I am disappointed because I wanted this to be a nice Mexican hot chocolate blend, but I really don’t detect any rich, milky chocolate. I suppose I’ll have to move on and find another alternative.

arichard

How do you feel about rooibos? I recently ordered Godiva Roche from English Tea Store. With just a little sugar and a little almond milk it tastes pretty close to hot cocoa, but you can taste the rooibos. Yesterday, I drank their Chocolate Black tea and it was good, too. Not super strong, but I threw in a few extra cocoa nibs to amp up the flavor. I really like both of those teas.

QueenOfTarts

arichard – I’m a big fan of rooibos. Will have to look into Godiva Roche! Thanks for the suggestion!

A creamy chocolatey treat, this one! Another great sample from VariaTEA — this is my first try of mate but I couldn’t really differentiate its flavour from the rest of the chocolate and cinnamon, seeing as I haven’t tried it before. (That’ll change soon—I got some straight mate in this month’s monstrositea box.)

All the “energiser” warnings made me hesitant to have this as an after-dinner treat so I finally got around to it today. Another latte (I’m trying not to smash through those awesome matchas until I get my proper matcha whisk in the post) that settled quite comfortably in my stomach.

VariaTEA

This tea is the most non-mate tasting mate I have ever tried.

Memily

HA! Well then. Pretty much all I tasted was chocolate and cinnamon ;)

VariaTEA

Same for me which is good cuz I am not a lover of mate.

Now this is the definition of Christmas in a cup. Reminds me of a spicy hot chocolate. The cinnamon doesn’t overpower the cocoa and the cocoa doesn’t overpower the cinnamon. Match made in heaven!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg

Tea one of my cabinet clean out!
One of my first David’s blends ever. I remember being really into it, but now that I am revisiting it I’m a little underwhelmed. The aroma is amazing; strongly chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. No sign of mate. After steeped however, it tastes nothing of chocolate or cinnamon and is instead watery and bitter. Carob is noted in the blend, and that type of chocolate bitterness is definitely present in junction to the bite of mate, which i typically like. There is also this kind of dry, powder aftertaste you get on your tongue. If you are looking for a chocolate tea, this is not what you are looking for.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet

Sipdown!

I had a bit too much for one cup but less than 2 left so I made a really potent mug of this.

It’s probably the closest you can get to drinking hot chocolate as a tea. It brews up very murky and potent, and I definitely added milk, very chocolatey. I enjoyed this.

The cinnamon was a nice touch but not overwhelming, as I don’t love cinnamon in tea.

I am sure I can resteep this because I used so many “leaves” for one cup.

I wonder if DT still makes it…. I’m not sure if i would buy more anytime soon but it made for a good chocolate tea, I mean literally, this is a chocolate tea!

Very satisfying to drink.
One more tea gone!

I don’t dare count my teas, because I like to stay in the dark about how dangerous this obsession actually is for my cupboard space and my wallet!