Cocoa Canela (organic)

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dark Bittersweet, Caramel, Earth, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Well, just because I didn’t get my Cocoa Canela Eggnog Latte yesterday doesn’t mean I wasn’t still craving a cup of that lovely, Mexican Hot Chocolate tea – so that’s...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 3216 tasting notes
  • “My friend messaged me this morning in search of a tea that tastes like DAVIDs Pumpkin Chai. I just sent mine off last week but I recommended Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie and keeping an eye on DAVIDs...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2388 tasting notes
  • “Today I used this to make my first latte ever! It was exciting, although I’m quite certain I screwed it up. It’s milky, chocolatey, cinnamony, and it has that roasty mate taste. It does leave a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from Friday night. I’ve heard pretty good reviews about this one, especially from a coworker, so was pretty excited to try it out! The dry tea is definitely Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes

Muy delicioso

This super-chocolatey blend is an homage to Mexican hot chocolate, which is traditionally spiked with cinnamon. First we take carob, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder and chocolate chips for a rich chocolate overload. Then we add pieces of cinnamon for a hint of spicy warmth. And to top it all off we add South American yerba maté for a seriously sweet energy boost. Try it as a latte with a shake of cinnamon and a warm churro for dipping. (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Organic: Yerba maté, carob, cocoa nibs and powder, cinnamon, chocolate. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious! Like Mexican hot chocolate. A favorite.

Tried it as a latte with so milk. yummy

I made this one the other day as a latte…I sprinkled the top with some ground cinnamon and chocolate! (It was amazing)I have yet to try this as a tea but as a latte I would strongly reccomend it…I think the best way to describe it would be as a cinnamon hot chocolate :).

Had this one as am iced latte when it was the tea of the day. It was delicious!!!!! Rich chocolate flavor with a hint of cinnamon.

This tea is interesting. I have little experience with mate and I don’t really taste the mate in this. I get strong notes of chocolate and notes of cinnamon with this. And I seemed to get a note of apple cider early on. They suggest trying this as a latte and some time in the next few days I may do so. I am not entirely sure what to think of this tea. I do seem to like it.

I brewed this once in an 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 minutes.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon

I got this tea as a gift and it for sure would not have been on my list to try. This was actually my first time drinking tea with chocolate in it. It smelled terrible. It didn’t smell like delicious hot cocoa – it smelled like a dirty jock strap! BUT…then I sampled it and it was quite delightful. I was really surprised! It was like tea mixed with watered down hot chocolate. So, it was neither tea nor hot chocolate, but an interesting fusion. I will definitely enjoy this one as a tasty treat!

nice yerba mate and cocoa taste

Mmmm. Chocolatey and cinnamony. Great smell, drank it black and it was still pretty rich. I’m almost afraid to try it with milk because I’m worried that’s the only way I’d drink it from now on, and if I drink it black this would be a great low-calorie contender for a dessert tea at work to distract me from the brownies on the craft table!

Day #14 of tea! And good morning to a mate blend… This tastes almost like hot chocolate – which is good, because it has practically no caloric content to it, haha. I think this would be brilliant as a latte, and I have enough leaves left to make one. This is a very messy tea, though, and why I’m not ranking it higher – I really don’t like having bits floating around in my mug.