Cocoa Canela (organic)

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dark Bittersweet, Caramel, Earth, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Well, just because I didn’t get my Cocoa Canela Eggnog Latte yesterday doesn’t mean I wasn’t still craving a cup of that lovely, Mexican Hot Chocolate tea – so that’s...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 3095 tasting notes
  • “My friend messaged me this morning in search of a tea that tastes like DAVIDs Pumpkin Chai. I just sent mine off last week but I recommended Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie and keeping an eye on DAVIDs...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2379 tasting notes
  • “Today I used this to make my first latte ever! It was exciting, although I’m quite certain I screwed it up. It’s milky, chocolatey, cinnamony, and it has that roasty mate taste. It does leave a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from Friday night. I’ve heard pretty good reviews about this one, especially from a coworker, so was pretty excited to try it out! The dry tea is definitely Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes

Muy delicioso

This super-chocolatey blend is an homage to Mexican hot chocolate, which is traditionally spiked with cinnamon. First we take carob, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder and chocolate chips for a rich chocolate overload. Then we add pieces of cinnamon for a hint of spicy warmth. And to top it all off we add South American yerba maté for a seriously sweet energy boost. Try it as a latte with a shake of cinnamon and a warm churro for dipping. (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Organic: Yerba maté, carob, cocoa nibs and powder, cinnamon, chocolate. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious! Like Mexican hot chocolate. A favorite.

Tried it as a latte with so milk. yummy

I made this one the other day as a latte…I sprinkled the top with some ground cinnamon and chocolate! (It was amazing)I have yet to try this as a tea but as a latte I would strongly reccomend it…I think the best way to describe it would be as a cinnamon hot chocolate :).

Had this one as am iced latte when it was the tea of the day. It was delicious!!!!! Rich chocolate flavor with a hint of cinnamon.

I got this tea as a gift and it for sure would not have been on my list to try. This was actually my first time drinking tea with chocolate in it. It smelled terrible. It didn’t smell like delicious hot cocoa – it smelled like a dirty jock strap! BUT…then I sampled it and it was quite delightful. I was really surprised! It was like tea mixed with watered down hot chocolate. So, it was neither tea nor hot chocolate, but an interesting fusion. I will definitely enjoy this one as a tasty treat!

nice yerba mate and cocoa taste

Mmmm. Chocolatey and cinnamony. Great smell, drank it black and it was still pretty rich. I’m almost afraid to try it with milk because I’m worried that’s the only way I’d drink it from now on, and if I drink it black this would be a great low-calorie contender for a dessert tea at work to distract me from the brownies on the craft table!

Day #14 of tea! And good morning to a mate blend… This tastes almost like hot chocolate – which is good, because it has practically no caloric content to it, haha. I think this would be brilliant as a latte, and I have enough leaves left to make one. This is a very messy tea, though, and why I’m not ranking it higher – I really don’t like having bits floating around in my mug.

1tbsp in my large large libre tea tumbler.

Put the lid on at five minutes, but let it steep longer because it was HOT. One thing that I love about mate, however, is that it is both high caffeine, and ridiculously hard to oversteep; at least with the blends that I have, I’ve only found one (chocolate rocket) that doesn’t take well to the abuse of long periods of steep time as I go about my day.

This tea is supposed to be like the tea version of hot chocolate, and I can taste it. Actually, I think I’ve had hot chocolate that tasted more watered down than this before. The cinnamon actually helps a lot. For a tea, and drinking it clear, it tastes very rich. Though again there is melted chocolate in here, so it’s not too surprising. Really, though, yum.

To be honest, I may end up preferring this to hot chocolate, depending on when and how I want it. It’s better for mornings than the real thing, and delivers well on the chocolate.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more