Cocoa Canela (organic)

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dark Bittersweet, Caramel, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I've been working so hard at drinking _only_ teas I'm working towards sipping down that I decided today to reward myself with another tea that I'm not aiming to sipdown any time soon; I just wanted...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1713 tasting notes
  • “My friend messaged me this morning in search of a tea that tastes like DAVIDs Pumpkin Chai. I just sent mine off last week but I recommended Grandma's Pumpkin Pie and keeping an eye on DAVIDs web...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1849 tasting notes
  • “Today I used this to make my first latte ever! It was exciting, although I’m quite certain I screwed it up. It’s milky, chocolatey, cinnamony, and it has that roasty mate taste. It does leave a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from Friday night. I've heard pretty good reviews about this one, especially from a coworker, so was pretty excited to try it out! The dry tea is definitely VERY cocoa-y, so much so that...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Muy delicioso

This super-chocolatey blend is an homage to Mexican hot chocolate, which is traditionally spiked with cinnamon. First we take carob, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder and chocolate chips for a rich chocolate overload. Then we add pieces of cinnamon for a hint of spicy warmth. And to top it all off we add South American yerba maté for a seriously sweet energy boost. Try it as a latte with a shake of cinnamon and a warm churro for dipping. (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Organic: Yerba maté, carob, cocoa nibs and powder, cinnamon, chocolate. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious! Like Mexican hot chocolate. A favorite.

Tried it as a latte with so milk. yummy

I made this one the other day as a latte…I sprinkled the top with some ground cinnamon and chocolate! (It was amazing)I have yet to try this as a tea but as a latte I would strongly reccomend it…I think the best way to describe it would be as a cinnamon hot chocolate :).

Had this one as am iced latte when it was the tea of the day. It was delicious!!!!! Rich chocolate flavor with a hint of cinnamon.

Now this is the definition of Christmas in a cup. Reminds me of a spicy hot chocolate. The cinnamon doesn’t overpower the cocoa and the cocoa doesn’t overpower the cinnamon. Match made in heaven!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Nutmeg

Tea one of my cabinet clean out!
One of my first David’s blends ever. I remember being really into it, but now that I am revisiting it I’m a little underwhelmed. The aroma is amazing; strongly chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. No sign of mate. After steeped however, it tastes nothing of chocolate or cinnamon and is instead watery and bitter. Carob is noted in the blend, and that type of chocolate bitterness is definitely present in junction to the bite of mate, which i typically like. There is also this kind of dry, powder aftertaste you get on your tongue. If you are looking for a chocolate tea, this is not what you are looking for.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet

Sipdown!

I had a bit too much for one cup but less than 2 left so I made a really potent mug of this.

It’s probably the closest you can get to drinking hot chocolate as a tea. It brews up very murky and potent, and I definitely added milk, very chocolatey. I enjoyed this.

The cinnamon was a nice touch but not overwhelming, as I don’t love cinnamon in tea.

I am sure I can resteep this because I used so many “leaves” for one cup.

I wonder if DT still makes it…. I’m not sure if i would buy more anytime soon but it made for a good chocolate tea, I mean literally, this is a chocolate tea!

Very satisfying to drink.
One more tea gone!

I don’t dare count my teas, because I like to stay in the dark about how dangerous this obsession actually is for my cupboard space and my wallet!

I think this is my first Yerbe Mate tea… Whoo Hoo… Might need the energy today anyway… Gonna be a long one!

Chocolate sounded good this morning and I have been sleeping weird lately, so this looked like a blessing in my sample box. You know how you sleep all night and get up feeling like you just crawled into bed and don’t remember sleeping… Yeah, that… Ugh! I’ve done that for several days lately and most afternoons wish I could just catch a small nap, and I am not a nap taker.

Anyway, this is the first blend I’ve had that looks like a cocoa powder mess. I wasn’t sure how that would translate to the cup, and didn’t bother to smell it as I was afraid of the sneezing it may start.

Steeped I get a nice chocolate looking cup, a bit watery to the taste, but I think I might have under leafed a bit. Some of the cocoa settles as it sits, and I probably only notice this because I’m using a glass mug this morning. The combination of chocolate and cinnamon confuses me. In a chocolate cake dessert, forgo the cinnamon please, but in a tea so far I seem to be ok with it. This tastes of chocolate and cinnamon, and as it cools I almost lose some of the spice and get caramel… which I like as well.

The bottom of the cup is a bit murky and off putting w/all the cocoa left behind, but I simply left that to rinse out of my cup. I imagine this would be great as a latte… I have a bit left and might have to just try that. Thanks MissB for sending some of this my way!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon

Suziqzer

Ok.. so frugal me, I often attempt a second steep even when I know very well that I took most of the flavor out of the mix on the first steep… but I try anyway.I did that today with this & was pleasantly surprised. The second cup was almost like a nice chai w/a hint of chocolate. It was almost better than the first cup because I got so much more out of the spices… Num!

I had this one plain today. All while I was drinking it I was thinking how else could I prepare this? With milk? Should I add any sugar? I think it’ll be fun to experiment with this one! That said I like it all on it’s own.