Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Earth, Green Wood, Hay, Pineapple, Tropical, Fruity, Orange, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember the last time I drank mate is Rainforest Maté Tea from Mighty Leaf(got it from their collection box). It wasn’t bad, although I found that Licorice+fruit combination a little bit strange.

This mate, however, smells totally different. As the name suggest, it smells just like freshly squeezed juice! The sale rep told me “this contains more caffeine than coffee…and can keep you going for 10+ hours”. Hey, I’m in!

It taste exactly how it smells. The tropical fruit blends very well together. It also covers the bitterness of mate, make this tea somewhat similar to a herbal tea(except it’s high caffeine). I was able to steep it twice without losing flavor. One thing to note is that this tea is finer than I thought. I’ve should use a mesh not hole steeper.

And yes, it did kept me going for 10 hours, from a short sleep.

Today had such a crappy morning I needed a real boost.I had just ordered from DT and had got Main Squeeze a new Yerba Mate Tea that is my favorite thing…citrusy and lemony!Oh and it’s a stimulant!

It says it’s “sunshine in a glass” and that’s EXACTLY what I need.
Smells so lemony that it makes my taste buds wake up and take notice.
Also smells sweet and tangy.

Once brewed doesn’t smell as nice it actually smells kind of questionable but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless.

Tastes ok..has a very lemony base..tastes light but there’s definitely a yerba mate earthy taste that I’m not 100 percent into.I think this would benefit greatly from being iced.

It’s okay and it gets better as i drink it..but I think I prefer Honey Bee and Jungle Ju Ju as stimulants much more!

Uhhh…yum. Is that too short for a tasting note?

Then in that case.

Uhhh…yum. Give me more, please!

If I could afford to drink this all day every day, I would.

Smells like happiness, tastes like happiness :)

I just picked this up a couple days ago.

Smell- like orange pop.

Taste- nothing like the smell. I really didn’t like this tea. It just tasted like mate with a tiny hint of orange.

Day #16 of the advent calendar! This was the first maté blend I ever tried, so it will always hold a special place in my heart, LOL. I love this one, and I definitely needed the extra boost today due to a sleepless night and early rise to shovel.

So the Honeydew Mate is gone and I am sad. Thank the tea gods for year-round flavours. I needed a replacement for the Honeydew Mate, and I think I found it.

Fruity, juicy, just a liiitttttle bit tart. I have to have this one iced. Absolutely have to.

I really don’t like this one. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it doesn’t have the slightest hint of tartness and sweetness, it only has the bitterness of the orange peel. I couldn’t drink more than two gulps. It reminds me of something I hate but I can’t pinpoint what. A kind of medicine or something like that.

I’ve been on the hunt for good teas that make good iced teas to replace my orange juice addiction. I thought I found it with this tea. What I like is that it is a strong tropical tea – like others have mentioned it tastes like sunny d or simply orange or another cocktail blend. The green mate is present, but is not that noticeable when iced. I do prefer this tea iced over hot (I tried some in my teapot before it went in the fridge and it wasn’t bad either, it just wasn’t great).

Exotica is still winning for my favourite iced tea so far…

Made this tea today to take to work, had a couple of sips hot while driving there. Hot is not bad, the problem is that it tastes just like orange juice which really I didn’t want hot. Now it stayed in my locker for a couple of hours and I didn’t have time to drink it… when I did it was awesome. It was refreshing and delicious. It also gave me a nice little pep from the mate. I will definitely be having this tea cold again.

I should also add that the tea leaves smell ridiculously good. I can smell them all day long.