Main Squeeze

Grass, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

This one is from Janelle! thank you! I haven’t had a yerba mate lately, so here goes. I love that this has fruit in the blend, but the dry leaves kind of smell like that Davids tea with the gross walnuts. The flavor is better.. not like the walnuts, but then it has a taste that reminds me of the orange fluoride from elementary school. Not really fond memories of that flavor of orange! But it sweetens the yerba mate, which I like anyway. The second cup is stronger than the first. I like David’s Jungle Ju Ju better but after looking up the name, apparently that is guayusa and not yerba mate.
Steep #1 // 25 mins after boiling // 3-4 min
Steep #2 // 22 mins after boiling // 3-4 min

Not very pleasant. I found it very similar to Cold 911- but without the mint taste. I also didn’t detect much flavor.

Okay this one is good enough! The taste is lighter than I thought but I still liked it. It’s great for the morning.

Mmm…just what I needed to start my morning. Hints of orange and pineapple without being too overwhelming, and unlike orange juice has lots of caffeine :). For some reason I woke up extra groggy this morning, so hopefully the caffeine will kick in soon so I can get back to being good and productive (well, maybe).

Flavors: Grass, Orange Zest

Im not usually one for fruity teas, but oh lordy lord I love this one. It good hot, its good cold, I have even baked it in a cake. It tastes like orange juice! This tea is simple, and amazing. Enough said.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp