Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Hay, Tropical, Earth, Green Wood, Pineapple, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

This was one of my DAVID’s samples. I’ve never had mate. I’m not exactly sure what I think of it. It’s not bitter or sour, so I should like it. But really, it tastes kind of like a wet field that was mowed and now the hay is molding. I can’t get around that. I guess I don’t like it. Clearly others do, though, so make your own decision. :)

OMGsrsly

I kinda feel that way about green mate as well. :)

Maddy Barone

I’m glad I’m not alone!

This tea tastes like hot spicy orange juice. It’s pretty tasty and sometimes just what I need during the day.

I don’t like this tea that much as it is. Not because it’s not good. But because I dislike the papaya that it contains. And you really can taste the papaya in it. So it’s a matter of my own personal taste and it has nothing to do with the tea’s taste and blend. I tried it hot and iced and I prefer it hot. What I really like about this tea is the little boost that it gives, especially in the morning. So I’ve bought an enormous quantity of this tea before I even had tasted it. And I hate to waste tea. What to do ? I made a big jug of it (cold brew method) and I’m mixing it with a quarter of unsweetened orange juice (12 ounces of tea with 4 ounces of orange juice). It’s surprisingly good! And it’s an interesting replacement for my traditional orange juice in the morning.

Absolutely love this tea iced with a splash of vodka.. it hides the alcohol flavour so well! and it gives you the energy to party it up! lol. But on a more serious note, its also really good iced and hot! Always keeping some in my cupboard

Dry Leaves: Smells like orange juice! Very fruity and citrusy.

Tasting: Fruity and sweet, almost like a hint of fruit juice rather than a tea. I regret adding sugar, it made it far too sweet. Definitely does not need any help being sweet.

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Orange