Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Bitter, Fruity, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tropical, Citrus, Mint, Smoke, Sweet, Orange, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Lemon Zest, Hay, Green Wood, Mango
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

I was a little disappointed that this wasn’t more orange juice like in flavor as some of the reviews promised. But, I really enjoyed the light citrus and cream notes I did get.

So long, Main Squeeze. I’ll have to get more of you since you’re so nice to wake up with.

Evol Ving Ness

Sometimes it is orange juice like and sometimes not.

sundaysipping

Definitely have to get more then!

This tea has a bitter, tangy orange & tropical fruit taste. It’s intense. Drinking it iced helps a lot to cut back on the bitterness. I bought it while I was on a maté kick (more caffeine the better!!!! was my reasoning).
I recommend adding this to an iced tea mixture to give it a zing. I don’t personally like it as the main attraction, but it helps as part of an ensemble.

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tropical

Mint note and smokey note present. There is a soft sweetness but it is just a little bit too sickly sweet for my liking. I can detect what seems to be authentic zesty citrus zing which is quite pleasant.

Flavors: Citrus, Mint, Smoke, Sweet

rosebudmelissa

That sounds like an unusual combination of flavors.

Raritea

I felt that it all came together quite well. I could have done with less sweetness (which probably came from the candied papaya) but I would definitely be interested in having something like this again!

rosebudmelissa

I’ll have to give it a try at some point

Not a fan but it was drinkable.

This tea was a nice surprise. It smells just like orange juice, when dry and steeped. I love that this is a stimulant, its a nice change to having to drink black teas for a pick me up. I only had a 5g sample of this, but it did not disappoint. This is one I would add to my tea stock. Just like orange juice for breakfast without the acidic-ness. Would be great as iced tea as well.

Flavors: Orange, Orange Zest