Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Orange, Fruity, Hay, Tropical, Earth, Green Wood, Pineapple, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

Delightful! Its mild and sweet, and fruity. It doesn’t really remind me of papaya or pineapple, its more orange-ish. I wish there was a bit more of the pineapple flavor, but it still tastes great. This definitely wouldn’t be strong enough for a big cup or re-brew, but makes a solid cup.

Flavors: Orange

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day 16 of the advent calendar. Yerba Mate tea is not for me. The favour is too hay-like. I can’t get past it. This tea has a nice tropical, fruity flavour, though. If those flavours were in a different tea base, I’d enjoy them a lot more. Maybe I need to continue to drink teas that I’m not used to so I can learn to appreciate them.

Flavors: Fruity, Hay, Tropical

Dry, this totally smells like orange juice. I hope it doesn’t trigger my citrus allergy!
The taste is really weird! And so far it’s not weird in a cool sort of way, but more an odd sort of way. The first few sips were alkaline like in flavor… dry leaves. Kind of dirt like with a little orange on the end. I’m not much of a mate drinker, so I’m not super familiar with the taste. This has the flavor of orange juice without the kick that makes oj so juicy and mouthwatering. It’s okay I guess, but not something I’d buy and so far I’m not getting any mate kick from it which sucks because I desperately need a pick me up.

Second cup is a little better with some sugar, but still not something that is rocking my taste buds.

Smell after steeping: still very orangey, but this time with a foundation of other. Considering I’ve never had mate before, that could be it.

More details next time.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Had this iced and it’s pretty good. I brewed it hot and let it steep for a long time which caused the mate taste to come out a little stronger than I would have liked. My husband loved it, I thought it tasted a bit like a dirty orange rather than a nice, crisp orange flavor, but that’s probably my fault for oversteeping to ice.