Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Orange, Citrus, Earth, Grass, Orange Zest, Sweet, Fruity, Lemon Zest, Hay, Tropical, Green Wood, Pineapple, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a great maté! Yummy! Reminds me of summer and tropical places :). Papaya is the main flavour I get with this tea.

First impression- Smells strongly like a freshly opened carton of orange juice. There are visible fruit chunks, flowers, and green mate leaves in the mixture.
Prepared- hot with 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar. Brewed 5 minutes in 94 degree water in a David’s Perfect mug.
First sips- Tastes like a light, no pulp orange juice. Doesn’t quite have the ‘solidity’ of an orange juice, so it reminds me somewhat of a drink mix (but much more delicious and not so chemical-y). Strong fruit flavour masks the more bitter mate.
Very good, I would definitely try it again, and try it iced to replace a morning orange juice with a caffeinated version.

This is one of my favorite mates, and reminds me of morning because of its delicious orange juice aroma. You just take a whiff of this tea and the morning and its magic.

The taste is not for everyone. It can be very bitter (I don’t know if that is just because of how I steep it, but I like it either way) but still fruity. I would say I prefer it to Simply the Zest, but I think they are both on even footing to me. If I want something more refreshing than chocolate rocket in the morning I’ll have this.

Just spent the weekend at a retreat with my co-ed fraternity.. and came back to a big beautiful white box from DT!
This is the very first of the flavors I decided to try out, and I’m liking it. It’s got a natural sweetness to it that I’m fond of and it still has a very clean, juicy, fresh taste. I’m normally not a big fan of mate teas, but this one is good. However, I do think the mate is the only thing I’m on the fence about, since I can taste a grassiness that is slightly weird to me. I can work with it though, because the rest of the tea is delicious!

Tastes like Tang. But it is tea. Nice but not great because it tastes too much like those juice crystals.

My 300th tasting note! Geez, I can’t believe I wrote so many (though I know most of you have me WAY beat) or drank so much tea!

This came as a sample from David’s. Dry, it smells like pure dreamsicle, just heavenly. But once you steep it, the flavor of the mate pretty much takes over. I still pick up on some orange notes, but the mate has this murky taste that dulls everything else. It’s not unpleasant, but I wish it tasted like it smelled.

What can only be described as the tea version of orange juice. The flavour is very juicy and fruity and not artificial at all. Tastes great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The caffeine boost is noticeable without creating an energy crash afterwards. Definitely my favourite yerba maté variety to date.
Part of the permanent collection at DAVIDsTEA! Woo hoo!

Flavors: Orange

This is an alright mate that blends a grassy/earthy flavour from the yerba mate with citrus and orange zest accents. The pineapple and papaya notes are subtle, not overly prominent. Found this one a tad too sweet for my liking as a morning starter. Maybe it would be better as a late morning or early afternoon tea when you need a bit of a boost. For me, I find the sweetness a bit off-putting though.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Grass, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I remember going to school with this in my travel mug, and I will probably do the same this fall. It is a great pick-me-up and I like the idea of an energizing tea mixed with exotic fruit flavors. A good tea.

I had no idea this was maté-based! I met up with my mom at the mall today and just before we found each other, she said the sales associate caught her attention as she was walking past the store to let her know about how they’re giving away “a special gift” to all Frequent Steepers. She excitedly told me this when we found each other and encouraged me to come with her to find out what it is (it was a free sample of Peanut Butter Cup with any purchase, by the way).

When we got there, they had a huge icy jug of this so we sipped on this whilst looking at the sale items. Perhaps it was because I was slightly distracted by the shiny objects around me, but not once did it occur to me that this has maté in this. At the time, I also thought I tried this many moons ago but merely forgotten, but realized that it was Alley Kat’s Main Squeeze grapefruit ale that I had a few months ago. No grapefruit here, but rather lemon and lime.

No purchase for me but it was delightfully refreshing iced and I’m impessed that I didn’t taste the base, which normally rubs my taste buds the wrong way.

This sounds tasty! I always associated mate’ with heavy flavors like chocolate, then tasted a mate/green tea blend that was out of this world. I’ve been mixing mate with some anonymous (very light, good quality Chinese) green tea for a really nice summer wake-up steep.

Oh, that sounds like a great idea! I too usually associate it with chocolate, especially the roasted variety, but the green maté pairs so well with citrus. It’s kind of what I wanted Butiki’s Tangerine Creamsicle to be.