Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Earth, Green Wood, Hay, Pineapple, Tropical, Fruity, Orange, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay this one is good enough! The taste is lighter than I thought but I still liked it. It’s great for the morning.

Mmm…just what I needed to start my morning. Hints of orange and pineapple without being too overwhelming, and unlike orange juice has lots of caffeine :). For some reason I woke up extra groggy this morning, so hopefully the caffeine will kick in soon so I can get back to being good and productive (well, maybe).

Flavors: Grass, Orange Zest

Im not usually one for fruity teas, but oh lordy lord I love this one. It good hot, its good cold, I have even baked it in a cake. It tastes like orange juice! This tea is simple, and amazing. Enough said.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Gonna have to play around with this on.. Didn’t love it…

This was in the 2013 advent calendar, and one of the first mate’s I’ve had in quite some time. This smells strongly of pineapple and citrus when it’s first opened and has hints of a glass of orange juice.

Brewed, it has a mild citrus flavor that’s slightly tropical… it tastes very orangey for not having any orange in it! I was impressed at how well the citrus counteracted the mate’s bitterness — it hardly tasted bitter at all. Main Squeeze quite refreshing and it made for a great pick-me-up on a day when I hadn’t had enough sleep. I’ll definitely try this again — this seems like one that’ll be great on ice.

I shouldn’t have tried this tea. While it smells and tastes like a nice fruity green tea, I feel agitated after having had it. It is described as a “stimulant” but until I tried it, I didn’t realize it would have this effect. If you aren’t supposed to be having caffeine, I don’t think this tea would be good for you either.

this is my tea! every morning and i am a happy girl. i tend to be iffy on caffeine (how i react to it) and i love that i have zero problems with the mate in Main Squeeze.

also, i’m a big fan of fruity teas, and this one just smells so good and tastes even better. the fruit flavour is definitely strong, and exactly what i love the most about it.

the flavour from the mate isn’t very strong when hot, but i find the colder this is the more that earthy flavour seems to stand out. it isn’t bad, just different.

I am not disappointed. It really does taste like freshly squeezed citrus fruits, mainly orange flavor. But no orange is actually in here, so this really amazes me. Pineapple and papaya are the only fruits in there.

It has a great fresh taste, almost like a cup of juice! It is perfect to wake up in the morning since it has a lot of caffeine. A great Summer tea :)

This was one of the first teas that I ever purchased from DAVIDsTea. I was trying to replace my peach mate from teaopia (which had be discontinued). The first time I tried this tea it was hot, and I absolutely hated it. Now here I am, more than a year later digging through my tea cupboard when I found this. I decided to make a batch of it iced to see if it tastes any better and to be honest just to get rid of the bag.

Dry Aroma: The dry tea leafs smell primarily of orange juice. There are subtle notes of pineapple and mate. Overall a fairly pleasant smell.

Tea Aroma: When steeped the mate smell is much more prominent and the smells of orange and pineapple move to the background.

Tea Color: A golden amber tinged with green.

Tea Taste: The tea taste much more pleasant iced then it did hot. The green mate really comes through and it finishes with a nice citrus zing. I was sad that the subtle pineapple smell did not come through in the flavor.

Overall this tea is O.K. but I wouldn’t repurchase. Looks like I need to continue my search for the perfect mate.

Edit: The more I drink this pitcher of iced tea, the more I hate the flavor.

This is a good replacement for orange juice. Like not love but definitely a like.