Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Earth, Green Wood, Hay, Pineapple, Tropical, Fruity, Orange, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one is from Janelle! thank you! I haven’t had a yerba mate lately, so here goes. I love that this has fruit in the blend, but the dry leaves kind of smell like that Davids tea with the gross walnuts. The flavor is better.. not like the walnuts, but then it has a taste that reminds me of the orange fluoride from elementary school. Not really fond memories of that flavor of orange! But it sweetens the yerba mate, which I like anyway. The second cup is stronger than the first. I like David’s Jungle Ju Ju better but after looking up the name, apparently that is guayusa and not yerba mate.
Steep #1 // 25 mins after boiling // 3-4 min
Steep #2 // 22 mins after boiling // 3-4 min

Not very pleasant. I found it very similar to Cold 911- but without the mint taste. I also didn’t detect much flavor.

Okay this one is good enough! The taste is lighter than I thought but I still liked it. It’s great for the morning.

Mmm…just what I needed to start my morning. Hints of orange and pineapple without being too overwhelming, and unlike orange juice has lots of caffeine :). For some reason I woke up extra groggy this morning, so hopefully the caffeine will kick in soon so I can get back to being good and productive (well, maybe).

Flavors: Grass, Orange Zest

Im not usually one for fruity teas, but oh lordy lord I love this one. It good hot, its good cold, I have even baked it in a cake. It tastes like orange juice! This tea is simple, and amazing. Enough said.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Gonna have to play around with this on.. Didn’t love it…

This was in the 2013 advent calendar, and one of the first mate’s I’ve had in quite some time. This smells strongly of pineapple and citrus when it’s first opened and has hints of a glass of orange juice.

Brewed, it has a mild citrus flavor that’s slightly tropical… it tastes very orangey for not having any orange in it! I was impressed at how well the citrus counteracted the mate’s bitterness — it hardly tasted bitter at all. Main Squeeze quite refreshing and it made for a great pick-me-up on a day when I hadn’t had enough sleep. I’ll definitely try this again — this seems like one that’ll be great on ice.

I shouldn’t have tried this tea. While it smells and tastes like a nice fruity green tea, I feel agitated after having had it. It is described as a “stimulant” but until I tried it, I didn’t realize it would have this effect. If you aren’t supposed to be having caffeine, I don’t think this tea would be good for you either.

this is my tea! every morning and i am a happy girl. i tend to be iffy on caffeine (how i react to it) and i love that i have zero problems with the mate in Main Squeeze.

also, i’m a big fan of fruity teas, and this one just smells so good and tastes even better. the fruit flavour is definitely strong, and exactly what i love the most about it.

the flavour from the mate isn’t very strong when hot, but i find the colder this is the more that earthy flavour seems to stand out. it isn’t bad, just different.

I am not disappointed. It really does taste like freshly squeezed citrus fruits, mainly orange flavor. But no orange is actually in here, so this really amazes me. Pineapple and papaya are the only fruits in there.

It has a great fresh taste, almost like a cup of juice! It is perfect to wake up in the morning since it has a lot of caffeine. A great Summer tea :)