Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Bitter, Fruity, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tropical, Citrus, Mint, Smoke, Sweet, Orange, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Lemon Zest, Hay, Green Wood, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a sample of this and thought I’d polish it off today before heading out of town for the holidays. It smells great, but since I’m not a big fan of yerba mate, this was kinda wasted on me – the medicinal herbiness of the base kept poking me in the eye, disrupting the other tropical flavours.

ooh have fun out of town!

I’ve only tried this tea hot so far, and it did not really impress. Tasted like lapsang souchong with a hint of citrus flavor. I am not a big fan of smokey teas and so wasn’t a big fan of this one. I know I have liked matés in the past, but in this blend it was strange. Will try it iced and see if it is any better, but I don’t recommend it hot.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

My 300th tasting note! Geez, I can’t believe I wrote so many (though I know most of you have me WAY beat) or drank so much tea!

This came as a sample from David’s. Dry, it smells like pure dreamsicle, just heavenly. But once you steep it, the flavor of the mate pretty much takes over. I still pick up on some orange notes, but the mate has this murky taste that dulls everything else. It’s not unpleasant, but I wish it tasted like it smelled.

What can only be described as the tea version of orange juice. The flavour is very juicy and fruity and not artificial at all. Tastes great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The caffeine boost is noticeable without creating an energy crash afterwards. Definitely my favourite yerba maté variety to date.
Part of the permanent collection at DAVIDsTEA! Woo hoo!

Flavors: Orange

This is an alright mate that blends a grassy/earthy flavour from the yerba mate with citrus and orange zest accents. The pineapple and papaya notes are subtle, not overly prominent. Found this one a tad too sweet for my liking as a morning starter. Maybe it would be better as a late morning or early afternoon tea when you need a bit of a boost. For me, I find the sweetness a bit off-putting though.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Grass, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I remember going to school with this in my travel mug, and I will probably do the same this fall. It is a great pick-me-up and I like the idea of an energizing tea mixed with exotic fruit flavors. A good tea.

I had no idea this was maté-based! I met up with my mom at the mall today and just before we found each other, she said the sales associate caught her attention as she was walking past the store to let her know about how they’re giving away “a special gift” to all Frequent Steepers. She excitedly told me this when we found each other and encouraged me to come with her to find out what it is (it was a free sample of Peanut Butter Cup with any purchase, by the way).

When we got there, they had a huge icy jug of this so we sipped on this whilst looking at the sale items. Perhaps it was because I was slightly distracted by the shiny objects around me, but not once did it occur to me that this has maté in this. At the time, I also thought I tried this many moons ago but merely forgotten, but realized that it was Alley Kat’s Main Squeeze grapefruit ale that I had a few months ago. No grapefruit here, but rather lemon and lime.

No purchase for me but it was delightfully refreshing iced and I’m impessed that I didn’t taste the base, which normally rubs my taste buds the wrong way.

This sounds tasty! I always associated mate’ with heavy flavors like chocolate, then tasted a mate/green tea blend that was out of this world. I’ve been mixing mate with some anonymous (very light, good quality Chinese) green tea for a really nice summer wake-up steep.

Oh, that sounds like a great idea! I too usually associate it with chocolate, especially the roasted variety, but the green maté pairs so well with citrus. It’s kind of what I wanted Butiki’s Tangerine Creamsicle to be.

Green maté with orange flavour, good but nothing special.

A re-review of this tea (delete the old note, make a new one).

Apparently 10 months ago I got this tea as a sample and cold brewed it, and wasn’t super impressed with the flavor. This time I received this tea as a sample I’ve been drinking it hot, and have been enjoying the mild fruity/citrus taste with a herbaceous undertone that kicks me awake in the morning. If DAVIDs doesn’t discontinue this blend I would consider picking up a bit for those mornings when I really need a kick of caffeine (gotta use up a guayusa blend + a roasted mate that I already have, though (although maybe I could buy some fruit pieces and make my own blend with what I already own until then? hmmm)).

Flavors: Citrus, Herbaceous

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

come to think of it guayusa/mate would mix well with Just Peachy!

I think you are right, the flavours would meld fairly well together

Perhaps i shall try it ;)!

I was randomly craving orange juice this morning, but I can’t stomach orange juice unless it’s freshly squeezed (sans pulp). That sounds like something a bougie hipster would say. It’s just that orange juice, as Sophia Petrillo would say, repeats on me. TMI. :P

This is a lovely substitute. It’s a lovely, light combination of orange and papaya that’s super refreshing over ice. I haven’t been able to sell what’s left of this gigantic 250g bag I bought from DT last year, so I’ve decided to just add it to my sipdown pile.

Haha I got a sample of this in my most recent order and was drinking it this morning! ;)