Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Orange, Citrus, Earth, Grass, Orange Zest, Sweet, Fruity, Lemon Zest, Hay, Tropical, Green Wood, Pineapple, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was the very first tea I tried and bought from DAVIDsTEA; it has a nice and very light orange taste, but the only thing that really throws it off is the earthy-ness from the maté. Other than that, it’s a pretty alright tea.

TIP: I like to use this for my fruit smoothies, by preparing the tea the night before, popping it in the fridge, and then using it for my smoothie as opposed to water or fruit juice.

This actually cold brewed for two days because I forgot about it until about 5 yesterday evening and since I wanted to sleep last night, I left it for today.

It’s good! The mate didn’t take over, which has been an issue with past mate coldbrews. It’s nicely balanced and juicy and a perfect pick me up for this sleepy afternoon.

Watered down orange gatorade

I like mate, but the orange flavoring is just weird. Not my cup of tea.

Delightful! Its mild and sweet, and fruity. It doesn’t really remind me of papaya or pineapple, its more orange-ish. I wish there was a bit more of the pineapple flavor, but it still tastes great. This definitely wouldn’t be strong enough for a big cup or re-brew, but makes a solid cup.

Flavors: Orange

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day 16 of the advent calendar. Yerba Mate tea is not for me. The favour is too hay-like. I can’t get past it. This tea has a nice tropical, fruity flavour, though. If those flavours were in a different tea base, I’d enjoy them a lot more. Maybe I need to continue to drink teas that I’m not used to so I can learn to appreciate them.

Flavors: Fruity, Hay, Tropical

Dry, this totally smells like orange juice. I hope it doesn’t trigger my citrus allergy!
The taste is really weird! And so far it’s not weird in a cool sort of way, but more an odd sort of way. The first few sips were alkaline like in flavor… dry leaves. Kind of dirt like with a little orange on the end. I’m not much of a mate drinker, so I’m not super familiar with the taste. This has the flavor of orange juice without the kick that makes oj so juicy and mouthwatering. It’s okay I guess, but not something I’d buy and so far I’m not getting any mate kick from it which sucks because I desperately need a pick me up.

Second cup is a little better with some sugar, but still not something that is rocking my taste buds.

Smell after steeping: still very orangey, but this time with a foundation of other. Considering I’ve never had mate before, that could be it.

More details next time.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Had this iced and it’s pretty good. I brewed it hot and let it steep for a long time which caused the mate taste to come out a little stronger than I would have liked. My husband loved it, I thought it tasted a bit like a dirty orange rather than a nice, crisp orange flavor, but that’s probably my fault for oversteeping to ice.

I’ve had this in a cupboard (ok it’s really a giant overfilled drawer) for a while and I should’ve made it sooner! I thought it would have too much orange/citrus flavors but it doesn’t. I used the pitcher pack to make a nice big pitcher of tea and it’s really tasty. It has hints of pineapple and orange and just the right amount of tea bitterness.