Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Bitter, Fruity, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tropical, Citrus, Mint, Smoke, Sweet, Orange, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Lemon Zest, Hay, Green Wood, Mango
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got a to-go cup of this at DAVID’s today. I have to admit, I surprised myself a little. I haven’t had much luck with mate in the past and I was leaning more towards something herbal. Still, I have been curious about this and the heavy lemon smell got to me.

The sip is primarily lemon zest. A slight grassy note as well and the aftertaste leans more towards orange than lemon. Even after the orange was a taste of something juicy and tropical. Papaya? Just for a fleeting second though. The caffeine buzz was pretty intense too. Felt properly awake for the first time all day as I tried to slog my way through my marketing text.

I didn’t love this enough to make we want to actually purchase some, but I wouldn’t have minded a second cup.

Flavors: Grass, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

This was one of my DAVID’s samples. I’ve never had mate. I’m not exactly sure what I think of it. It’s not bitter or sour, so I should like it. But really, it tastes kind of like a wet field that was mowed and now the hay is molding. I can’t get around that. I guess I don’t like it. Clearly others do, though, so make your own decision. :)

OMGsrsly

I kinda feel that way about green mate as well. :)

Maddy Barone

I’m glad I’m not alone!

This tea tastes like hot spicy orange juice. It’s pretty tasty and sometimes just what I need during the day.

I don’t like this tea that much as it is. Not because it’s not good. But because I dislike the papaya that it contains. And you really can taste the papaya in it. So it’s a matter of my own personal taste and it has nothing to do with the tea’s taste and blend. I tried it hot and iced and I prefer it hot. What I really like about this tea is the little boost that it gives, especially in the morning. So I’ve bought an enormous quantity of this tea before I even had tasted it. And I hate to waste tea. What to do ? I made a big jug of it (cold brew method) and I’m mixing it with a quarter of unsweetened orange juice (12 ounces of tea with 4 ounces of orange juice). It’s surprisingly good! And it’s an interesting replacement for my traditional orange juice in the morning. UPDATE: I had the idea to cold brew it mixed with ‘’Sunny Citrus’’ (half and half) and it’s to die for. The hint of vanilla in ‘’Sunny Citrus’’ add a nice touch and the two mixed together makes the bitterness of the mate dissapear. It’s just fruity, sweet and very palatable.

Absolutely love this tea iced with a splash of vodka.. it hides the alcohol flavour so well! and it gives you the energy to party it up! lol. But on a more serious note, its also really good iced and hot! Always keeping some in my cupboard

Dry Leaves: Smells like orange juice! Very fruity and citrusy.

Tasting: Fruity and sweet, almost like a hint of fruit juice rather than a tea. I regret adding sugar, it made it far too sweet. Definitely does not need any help being sweet.

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Orange

It was the smell of this tea that made me buy it – it was like a freshly-squeezed glass of orange juice. The flavour is a bit less on the orangy side but it mingles with sweet, fruity notes. I noticed an odd, slightly smokey aftertaste, which comes from the maté I think which throws me off a little bit. But in general it’s a bright, refreshing tea that isn’t overly tart like many citrus teas are.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This was the very first tea I tried and bought from DAVIDsTEA; it has a nice and very light orange taste, but the only thing that really throws it off is the earthy-ness from the maté. Other than that, it’s a pretty alright tea.

TIP: I like to use this for my fruit smoothies, by preparing the tea the night before, popping it in the fridge, and then using it for my smoothie as opposed to water or fruit juice.

This actually cold brewed for two days because I forgot about it until about 5 yesterday evening and since I wanted to sleep last night, I left it for today.

It’s good! The mate didn’t take over, which has been an issue with past mate coldbrews. It’s nicely balanced and juicy and a perfect pick me up for this sleepy afternoon.

Watered down orange gatorade