Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Orange, Fruity, Hay, Tropical, Earth, Green Wood, Pineapple, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I shouldn’t have tried this tea. While it smells and tastes like a nice fruity green tea, I feel agitated after having had it. It is described as a “stimulant” but until I tried it, I didn’t realize it would have this effect. If you aren’t supposed to be having caffeine, I don’t think this tea would be good for you either.

this is my tea! every morning and i am a happy girl. i tend to be iffy on caffeine (how i react to it) and i love that i have zero problems with the mate in Main Squeeze.

also, i’m a big fan of fruity teas, and this one just smells so good and tastes even better. the fruit flavour is definitely strong, and exactly what i love the most about it.

the flavour from the mate isn’t very strong when hot, but i find the colder this is the more that earthy flavour seems to stand out. it isn’t bad, just different.

I am not disappointed. It really does taste like freshly squeezed citrus fruits, mainly orange flavor. But no orange is actually in here, so this really amazes me. Pineapple and papaya are the only fruits in there.

It has a great fresh taste, almost like a cup of juice! It is perfect to wake up in the morning since it has a lot of caffeine. A great Summer tea :)

This was one of the first teas that I ever purchased from DAVIDsTea. I was trying to replace my peach mate from teaopia (which had be discontinued). The first time I tried this tea it was hot, and I absolutely hated it. Now here I am, more than a year later digging through my tea cupboard when I found this. I decided to make a batch of it iced to see if it tastes any better and to be honest just to get rid of the bag.

Dry Aroma: The dry tea leafs smell primarily of orange juice. There are subtle notes of pineapple and mate. Overall a fairly pleasant smell.

Tea Aroma: When steeped the mate smell is much more prominent and the smells of orange and pineapple move to the background.

Tea Color: A golden amber tinged with green.

Tea Taste: The tea taste much more pleasant iced then it did hot. The green mate really comes through and it finishes with a nice citrus zing. I was sad that the subtle pineapple smell did not come through in the flavor.

Overall this tea is O.K. but I wouldn’t repurchase. Looks like I need to continue my search for the perfect mate.

Edit: The more I drink this pitcher of iced tea, the more I hate the flavor.

This is a good replacement for orange juice. Like not love but definitely a like.

Another one that I wanted to love and just don’t think I’ll be repurchasing. It smells like fresh squeezed orange juice. The taste reminds me of the orange Triaminic that I used to have as a child. It has a very medicinal quality. I will try the rest of the sample iced to see if it’s any better.

My favorite flavor from DavidsTea right now.

I only wish they could replicate this in a green or black tea as I’d prefer less of a kick from the mate and some benefit from a daily dose of theanine.

It tastes as close to a glass of orange juice as I guess a tea could get. Very fragrant, not too sweet or tart and very very tasty. It’s close to being my daily drink now.

This is a great mate. I had been finding a lot of the mate’s coming from david’s as of late had been heavier flavours. I am glad this one is lighter, and is fruity which is perfect for first thing in the morning.