Indian Summer

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I just finished the last of this tea today while emailing our real estate agent and distractingly watching the movie New Year's Eve (wow, that movie has a huge cast). I believe this was part...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This is the last tea in the DT fall collection for me to try. Very, definitely FRUITY, almost smells like kool aid sitting in the cup. I am getting watermelon and carrot, for sure. There is...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2309 tasting notes
  • “I couldn't resist. I picked up the new teas earlier today despite telling myself to pipe down on the tea spendage for a while. I tried to make a compromise by asking for only 10g of each (and a...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells AMAZING, but the taste is so much more subdued, considering there's a whole produce department in this tea. It seems incredibly mild for something with so much in it. I do get...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 590 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love

In Germany they call it “Golden October.” In China, it’s “a tiger in Autumn.” And in the southern states, it’s the “dog days” of summer. Whatever you call it, Indian Summer is one of the nicest times of the year. And that’s just what inspired this white tea blend. With Bai Mu Dan, apples, cherries, watermelon, lemongrass, hibiscus and everything in between, it’s lightly sweet, with a fruity kiss of melon. And equally delicious hot or iced. Just another reason the dog days are man’s best friend.

Ingredients: Apple, white Bai Mu Dan, carrot, lemongrass, hibiscus, blackberry leaves, acerola cherries, fig, pumpkin, watermelon, peony petals, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just got this tea because DAVIDsTEA was having a sale for like the first time ever. Got 250g of it despite never having tried it, hoping for the best based on previous reviews (I figured I like fruity teas, I like cherry, I like watermelon, I like apple, I like sweet, what could go wrong?)

Well, pleased to say this tea lived up to my expectations. I opened the bag and it smells a bit like a grocery store was put in a food dehydrator and then dumped in the bag. There are SO MANY ingredients it’s hard to believe the tea would be any good. But it is. I can’t taste the carrot, I can’t taste the lemongrass, I can’t taste the fig, I can’t taste the pumpkin, and I can’t taste the hibiscus (but it does turn the tea a lovely shade of pink). The watermelon is what pops out first, then followed by a strong cherry flavour (in this spoonful there happened to be a whole cherry, so I’m not surprised). The apple is there, but subdued.

I personally really like this tea. I can see how others might not, but it’s good. If this is just a sale and not an inventory clear-out for these teas never to return, I’d definitely buy it again.

Super yummy, melon flavor predominant. I can’t pick out individual flavors besides melon but it’s really tasty and I can see how this would be refreshing cold too!

Received this as a gift. It’s not bad, but not something I would buy for myself as it’s too busy and fruity for my tastes. I won’t have any trouble finishing my bag though.

GCTTB Rd 3:

All the fruits in here and I am getting…licorice? A candy licorice but still licorice. Not for me. Nonetheless, thank you Jeweled Thumb for the opportunity to try it.

The smell of the dry loose leafs is very fruity and sweet- it almost reminds me of cough syrup I used to take when I was a kid. I let it steep for 6 minutes or so. Overall, it’s a nice tea. Nothing memorable for me, though. I did enjoy all the different combined fruit flavors.

Steeped with the breville as “white tea” for 6:30 at 85C, and sweetened with splenda. Oh man this is DELICIOUS. I’m starting to believe that the breville settings are more reliable than the standard “brew as” things they write in the labels from david’s tea – I can’t believe all their teas brew at 98C. This tastes MUCH BETTER at 85C.You should try it.

This tea was okay hot. I preferred it cold because it is quite sweet. I did not need to add sweetener to it and I had to steep it for a long time to get it to the strength that I like. I will probably buy this again as a single-serve, but I doubt I will make it a regular in my collection.

Sweet! Too sweet, actually. I like it, but it nearly tastes like heated juice. Literally not my cup of tea.