Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berry, Fruity, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla, Pleasantly Sour, Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Sweet, Yogurt, Tangy, Sour, Berries, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Deep, rich, and velvety looking color. Never have I seen water such a color. It almost looks like blood and I’m kinda creeped out. My Delta biscoff cookie taste great dunked in it. Odd aroma and ingredients. Carrots?

Ok trying without the biscoff now. Sorry not liking this one. Think I got my hopes up too much. It’s too tart. And the hibiscus is overwhelming. Blah… Also I think the use of milk powder is unnecessary. Can’t even tell it’s there. Maybe I should have added something….

I’m not rating this as fruit teas are not really my thing anyway. I was hoping this I would like this would taste like a strawberry rhubarb crumble but all I really got was an overwhelmingly yogurty taste. I made this hot and added a bit of milk to complement the strawberry yogurt, it was kind of like drinking melted strawberry frozen yogurt. I cant figure out if milk belongs with this tea or not.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was disappointed with this tea. It smells absolutely scrumptious when it is brewed but it was too tart for me. The first few sips I could definitely taste the strawberry but after that it just started to taste sour. I will try this with some rock sugar and see if that makes it any better (although I generally do not like to sweeten my teas). I didn’t taste any notes of cream in this tea but I’m still willing to give it another chance.

This tea smells just like a strawberry creamsaver candy tastes. The sweet berry scent of the steeped tea is balanced by the tart rhubarb and hibiscus tastes. It is certainly creamy. I then added a bit of sugar, which played up the strawberry part, but I think the tea was better without sweetener. I can’t get over the artificial flavor aftertaste though, it ruins this for me. I finished the tea about 15 minutes ago and the artificial taste is still lingering. I have no desire to try this iced, and would not purchase.

This tea was a very strong, fruity, tart taste. I enjoyed it, but I could never finish a cup of it because I could never find myself in a mood to enjoy it fully.

Yum!

This was another of the samples I got when I ordered my 24 Days of Tea advent calendar (is it December 1st yet??) and I tried it tonight before bed. Dry, this smells really sweet, so I was worried that it would be nauseating, but the hibiscus and rhubarb balance the sweetness of the strawberry nicely. There’s a creamy finish to this, owing to the yogurt, I’m sure. This is a really nice dessert tea, and I’m sure it’s better for me than a bowl of ice cream.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt

This tastes like what it says – there’s distinct strawberry and rhubarb notes, with some tang, tartness and creaminess that’s very reminiscent of yoghurt. The hibiscus tart has a little more punch to it than I’d like, so I added a bit of sugar to sweeten it up, and a splash of milk to emphasize the creaminess.

It’s a nice cup, very drinkable, and delivers on the promised flavours, but nothing too exciting. Worth trying but probably not something I’ll keep in my cupboard once I’ve sipped down the sample.

Flavors: Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart, Yogurt

This tea was an offering from my cousin. He made a teapot full of it. The smell was overwhelmingly fruity. With a name like Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, I had high hopes for it. Unfortunately I was disappointed, it was just okay. I could taste the strawberry with a little bit of tartness and a whole lot of sweetness. Way too sweet for me, bordering on cloying. It was so sweet that it actually made me feel nauseous. I am not a fan of overly sweet teas. I wish a little more of the rhubarb flavour was present but I had a hard time detecting it from the strong strawberry flavour. It wasn’t offensive or horrible but I wouldn’t run out and buy any for myself. Maybe this would be better iced than it is hot, I’m not sure but it might be worth a try. Definitely not for me but I could see someone with a sweet tooth loving this.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

Oh happy day, my David’s steeper just arrived! I’m replacing an on older model from Teavana; it really held up remarkably well, but it had the terrible design flaw of a non-removable filter, and eventually it just got caked up. Teavana must have realized this happens, because their new model does come with a removable filter.

Anyway, I couldn’t wait to try it out, so I steeped up one of the teas that came with the order, this herbal Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait.

It’s a brilliant rosy red (looks beautiful in the crystal-clean steeper) and smells like strawberry candy. But while I DO get the strawberry, the rhubarb, and the yogurt flavor, this is, emphatically, hibiscus tea. Not bad, but nothing special. I far prefer David’s goji pop; it too has hibiscus, but there it’s one voice among many, it doesn’t shout out everything else.

Oh well, it’s drinkable and I have to have something herbal to keep me from going caffeine-crazy on all these unflavored teas I’ve got.

Tamarindel

Actually I’m getting more strawberry as it cools. This might be a great candidate for iced tea.

caile

I like it iced. :)

Tamarindel

Yes? Okay I will definitely try it that way then.

Just got my birthday present from Tre;

He picked me up 100g of Redberry Tonic, Apple Custard, and this blend from DT as well as the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait white chocolate bar. I wasn’t really all that surprised ‘cause he told me he wanted to buy me tea and asked specifically what I wanted so he didn’t fuck everything up and these are the blends I listed – but I had told him to only get me 50g of each. I suppose I should have been clear that the reason I only wanted 50g was because I didn’t want anymore tins, but I didn’t expect him to spend more money than he had to, so I just left it at that.

Now I have three more tins than I actually want, and no room for them. And the terrible, borderline OCD part of myself can’t have empty tins. THEY NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING IN THEM DAMNIT! He meant well, but I’m so stressed out right now damnit!

Anyway – this review is for the chocolate he got me, which we shared while watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt finale. Yup, totally binge watched the entire season on Netflix today and I have ZERO guilt about this. It’s a really, really good show! Hilarious, well written – just awesome. Netflix has really done it again.

Anyway, the chocolate.

First off, it was white chocolate so HOORAY FOR THAT. White chocolate is the alpha chocolate, in my opinion – and yes, I know it’s technically not chocolate. BUT WHO FUCKING CARES. It’s delicious and creamy as hell. As for the “tea” component – I had the same issue that I found with the Key Lime/Sunny Citrus chocolate bars – there was hibiscus petals in the blend that were horrible crunchy and tough and hard to chew on. STOP DOING THAT DT! No one wants a tough as fuck pocket of pure tart in their chocolate.

Taste wise, it was really nice though – I didn’t really taste the rhubarb at all but the strawberry was strong and paired with the white chocolate made me think of one of those really thick, frosty Strawberry Milkshakes from McDonalds that give you a headache from having to suck so hard on the straw – but minus the headache. Yummy!

Thank you Tre for the birthday present! Now to solve this tin dilemma because it’s stressing me the fuck out. I DIDN’T WANT TINS! CURSE YOUR UNEXPECTED THOUGHTFULNESS!

Kristal

I totally hear you about the tins situation. I personally feel I have too many as well and whenever I order from David’s Tea online whenever it says I get a free tin I always remove it.

Fjellrev

Cool beans, I almost picked this up in the store last time figuring it would taste like a strawberry milkshake. I did, however, pick up Sunny Citrus instead, so now I’m kind of hesitant about those hibiscus leaves.

OMGsrsly

Yesssss, white chocolate! Good luck with the tins.