Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Sour, Cream, Creamy, Strawberry, Sweet, Yogurt, Tart, Fruity, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Milk, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Pastries, Berry, Berries, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2670 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3069 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Back story: 2 years ago I was working in a small town in the middle of nowhere and it was cold. I mean really cold. So I was drinking this tea throughout the day to keep warm. When I brewed up a sample of this tea today it brought me right back to that small town.

I don’t like this tea quite as much as I used to. The sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb and slight creaminess from the yogurt bits are all very nice, but I can really taste the hibiscus flavour (which I do not care for). I don’t think I would buy more of this, but a sample every now and then is okay :)

Flavors: Cream, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This tea smells exactly like tart strawberries and slightly creamy when dry. After it is steeped, I can slightly smell the rhubarb. I was curious what this tea would taste like with a splash of milk and it was pretty good. It tastes just like strawberry yogurt. Nice way to curb the sweet tooth without all the calories. This is one of the only times I tried to re-steep a tea, and it turns out it taste just like rhubarb on the 2nd time around. I would keep some on hand but couldn’t drink this on a regular basis. It does make my kitchen smell amazing, which I love!!

Flavors: Strawberry, Tangy, Tart, Yogurt

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sipdown! A tangy, tart tea that I enjoy hot. I haven’t tried this cold yet, but this was a surprising sip. I never know what to expect with DavidsTea herbal teas but this was a nice surprise. The scent is enthralling, and thankfully the taste also delivers. I prefer my drinks quite strong, without sweetener or milk. The yogurt scent and taste is a good additive. I’m trying to steer away from teas with added flavourings, but it is quite difficult to wean myself off of these flavourful blended teas… Unfortunate. A new contender for my top tier of fruit teas.

Flavors: Strawberry, Yogurt

This is pretty tart, which I should have expected because of the rhubarb. If you like tart fruity teas, you’ll probably enjoy this.

Flavors: Rhubarb

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I received this as part of a Christmas gift. This is not a flavour I would have chosen myself, but it was part of the “Sweet Indulgence” set. I’m generally not a fan of fruity teas, and I have learned to be very wary of anything other than the plainest of the plain when it comes to David’s Tea because they are very quick on the draw with artificial flavours, and not even very high-quality ones, and frequently where they’re not necessary.

Someone else here mentioned that this tea smells like Campino Strawberries and Cream candies. I would agree. That was my first red flag. Again, my experience with David’s Tea is that if it smells like something artificial, it’s going to taste eighteen times worse.

That said, this is not David’s Tea’s worst sin by a long way. I wouldn’t call it good—the artificial strawberry is strong with this one—and I don’t get any hints of rhubarb. I actually like hibiscus, so I enjoyed that hint of bitterness. Without it, I think the artificial strawberry smell and taste would be overwhelming. I do get a sense of yogurt, and that is not a good thing because I’m scared to know what is responsible for that.

To be fair, I think the very first tea I ever had was a strawberry-flavoured tea, and I loathed that too. I just don’t care for non-citrus fruit flavours so much. I’ve finished my tiny tin of this tea today, and I am happy to now have a cute little tin available for storing beads and sequins. As I said, I would not have bought this tea for myself (not that I don’t appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gift I received), and I still wouldn’t. Others who like strawberry flavour and aren’t as put off by the artificial smells and tastes will have a much better experience than me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

This tea was not bad. Tastes like very sour strawberries. This tea smelled better than the sour strawberry taste.

Flavors: Sour, Strawberry, Yogurt

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I got this as a sample in my order and I am not impressed with this one. I’m not a fan of fruity teas anyway so I’m not surprised. Smells amazing dry and in the cup, but I feel like most fruity herbal teas all taste the same. Its not terrible but not one I would buy. All I can taste is very sour strawberry and a hint of yogurt. Might be better with sweetener though.

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla, Yogurt

On Friday, I gave this tea a final shot. I’ve decided to up my rating. I steeped 3/4 tsp in 1/2 a cup. It seemed so meager, but I didn’t want my sample to go to waste.

Oh my goodness— I don’t know what happened but I finally got this tea. I got in from DDing my boyfriend to some party across town, and sat down to continue my marathon of Friends on Netflix while this steeped. The tea wasn’t cloyingly tart or sweet. It started to remind me a little more of Berry Poppins.

Perhaps I will have to break down and buy some of this. It would be perfect for a night time before bed kind of tea, or perhaps something to put in the pitcher next summer.

EDIT: Looks like I’ve mixed up all my David’s tart herbals. I went in last week thinking this was a tea I’d already tried, and it wasn’t. I was mixing up Berry Refreshing, Berry Poppins, and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. Now I feel better.

Flavors: Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kristal

Definitely recommend making a cold brewed pitcher of this!

Alyssa

Ooh sounds like a nice summer treat :). Thanks for the tip!

Kirkoneill1988

awesome review! i shall try this tea someday

A deliciously fruity, tangy tea. I imagined a strawberry tea would be strikingly sweet, but the rhubarb luckily prevents this from happening. This tea brews a lovely deep ruby colour and smells sweet and creamy thanks to the yogurt bits. All the promised flavour notes are detectable and combine to create a yummy dessert tea that doesn’t overpower with sugar at all.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

Came back to up the score of this baby. I used a tbsp of tea and left it soaking in my Halloween mug while I took a shower. I don’t know the exact time, but it was 20+ minutes before I went back to it, and holy flavour! I can distinctly taste the Apple, hibiscus and strawberry. I take back the comment about being so-so hot. It just needed more time to make it yummy.
-————————————-
This was so-so hot, but made a delightful tea pop. It was almost cream soda like, but without the overwhelming sweetness of an actual cream soda. I followed the guide on David’s Tea blog, except I doubled the steep time.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity