Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Pleasantly Sour, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla, Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Sweet, Yogurt, Tangy, Sour, Berries, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was disappointed with this tea. It smells absolutely scrumptious when it is brewed but it was too tart for me. The first few sips I could definitely taste the strawberry but after that it just started to taste sour. I will try this with some rock sugar and see if that makes it any better (although I generally do not like to sweeten my teas). I didn’t taste any notes of cream in this tea but I’m still willing to give it another chance.

This tea smells just like a strawberry creamsaver candy tastes. The sweet berry scent of the steeped tea is balanced by the tart rhubarb and hibiscus tastes. It is certainly creamy. I then added a bit of sugar, which played up the strawberry part, but I think the tea was better without sweetener. I can’t get over the artificial flavor aftertaste though, it ruins this for me. I finished the tea about 15 minutes ago and the artificial taste is still lingering. I have no desire to try this iced, and would not purchase.

This tea was a very strong, fruity, tart taste. I enjoyed it, but I could never finish a cup of it because I could never find myself in a mood to enjoy it fully.

Yum!

This was another of the samples I got when I ordered my 24 Days of Tea advent calendar (is it December 1st yet??) and I tried it tonight before bed. Dry, this smells really sweet, so I was worried that it would be nauseating, but the hibiscus and rhubarb balance the sweetness of the strawberry nicely. There’s a creamy finish to this, owing to the yogurt, I’m sure. This is a really nice dessert tea, and I’m sure it’s better for me than a bowl of ice cream.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt

This tastes like what it says – there’s distinct strawberry and rhubarb notes, with some tang, tartness and creaminess that’s very reminiscent of yoghurt. The hibiscus tart has a little more punch to it than I’d like, so I added a bit of sugar to sweeten it up, and a splash of milk to emphasize the creaminess.

It’s a nice cup, very drinkable, and delivers on the promised flavours, but nothing too exciting. Worth trying but probably not something I’ll keep in my cupboard once I’ve sipped down the sample.

Flavors: Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart, Yogurt

This tea was an offering from my cousin. He made a teapot full of it. The smell was overwhelmingly fruity. With a name like Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, I had high hopes for it. Unfortunately I was disappointed, it was just okay. I could taste the strawberry with a little bit of tartness and a whole lot of sweetness. Way too sweet for me, bordering on cloying. It was so sweet that it actually made me feel nauseous. I am not a fan of overly sweet teas. I wish a little more of the rhubarb flavour was present but I had a hard time detecting it from the strong strawberry flavour. It wasn’t offensive or horrible but I wouldn’t run out and buy any for myself. Maybe this would be better iced than it is hot, I’m not sure but it might be worth a try. Definitely not for me but I could see someone with a sweet tooth loving this.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

Oh happy day, my David’s steeper just arrived! I’m replacing an on older model from Teavana; it really held up remarkably well, but it had the terrible design flaw of a non-removable filter, and eventually it just got caked up. Teavana must have realized this happens, because their new model does come with a removable filter.

Anyway, I couldn’t wait to try it out, so I steeped up one of the teas that came with the order, this herbal Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait.

It’s a brilliant rosy red (looks beautiful in the crystal-clean steeper) and smells like strawberry candy. But while I DO get the strawberry, the rhubarb, and the yogurt flavor, this is, emphatically, hibiscus tea. Not bad, but nothing special. I far prefer David’s goji pop; it too has hibiscus, but there it’s one voice among many, it doesn’t shout out everything else.

Oh well, it’s drinkable and I have to have something herbal to keep me from going caffeine-crazy on all these unflavored teas I’ve got.

Tamarindel

Actually I’m getting more strawberry as it cools. This might be a great candidate for iced tea.

caile

I like it iced. :)

Tamarindel

Yes? Okay I will definitely try it that way then.

So when I was at Robyn’s helping her get set up I ended up raiding her roommate’s tea cupboard (after making sure it was ok first, of course). They only have DAVIDsTEA blends (and all in 100g tins or even a few 250g ones) but there were a couple blends in there that I hadn’t tried yet, like this one, so I made myself a cup of it to drink while we watched the two Hobbit movies (which was like seven hours and non-stop gay jokes) and ate pizza. I’m not sure why I’d yet to try this one; it smells really good and I believe VariaTEA is or was a fan, but somehow I’ve never gone for this one.

Taste wise, it was really weird and I can’t decide if it was good weird or bad weird. It was pretty artificial/candy like, but not offensively so or cloying. In fact, some sips seemed to really capture a “Gummy Candy” kind of taste. It took a while to place it, but it was like those Gummy fangs/dentures five cent candy that vaguely tasted like Strawberry. And speaking of the strawberry, it definitely far out weighed the rhubarb but both were present despite that.

I didn’t see any yogurt drops in the leaf I portioned, but I must have got some though because there was a creamyness and some vanilla flavour to this that didn’t quite mesh with what else was going on. It was like those two components were competing instead of harmoniously coming together. And then there was a third(ish) thing going on, and I felt like it was the taste of granola? But it totally wasn’t. Still there was a starchyness to this that reminded me of granola/oatmeal crumble on the top of a parfait. It, too, felt disjointed with everything else going on.

So conclusion; this was so very weird. I guess I could see how or why it’d appeal to some tea drinkers, and I’d be up for trying a cold version of it but otherwise I feel like I don’t have an interest in having it again otherwise.

Had a pitcher pack from DT for this so I made a pitcher of iced tea. Very real strawberry taste. I didn’t add any additional sweetener.

Very nice iced tea. Slightly sweet, more strawberry than rhubarb flavor, but you can taste the rhubarb. Sweetening it brings out the flavor a bit more, but I tend to prefer it unsweetened.