Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berry, Fruity, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla, Pleasantly Sour, Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Sweet, Yogurt, Tangy, Sour, Berries, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

We celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary a couple weeks ago. :) My husband planned a surprise getaway to NYC, where we saw a new Broadway musical called “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.” It was hilarious! We also had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant in Astoria, ate some awesome udon at Samurai Mama in Brooklyn, and walked over 40 blocks in a single day! We went to Chelsea Market and enjoyed green tea doughnuts and Nutella crepes. Then we walked all the way up Fifth Avenue to Central Park. I bought a tin of Mariage Frères tea from Bergdorf Goodman and tried on an expensive Diane von Furstenberg dress just for fun. Overall, it was an amazing mini-vacation (we were only there for 2 days). I’m the planner in the relationship, so it was especially fun and romantic that he planned this special trip for us. But the trip couldn’t be complete without a stop at DAVIDsTEA!

I ordered a to-go cup of this and asked that they add a small amount of agave. It was really good! I definitely tasted strawberry, sweetness, and something pie-like. It’s probably not something I would buy a large amount of, but I did really enjoy the cup. Now to decide if I should buy another Nordic mug, hmmm…

caile

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a great getaway to celebrate!

Courtney

Happy anniversary! NYC is awesome. :)

CHAroma

Thank you! We had a really great time. :)

Roswell Strange

Happy Anniversary, and many more to come! :)

I love this tea. The yogurt put me off a bit at first but I am growing to enjoy it more and more. I find it well balanced. This is definitely good for those sweet cravings.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

I made this more my evening cup after school a few nights ago.

It smells like fruit punch. I did like the strawberry/ fruity flavour, but I don’t really like hibiscus in my tea. That always seem to come across stronger than I’d like.

Went with whatever show I was watching though.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

This was part of the Easter Tea Trail, so I dumped the whole little tin into my mason jar to coldbrew and it was lovely. Sweet and fruity and a treat after dinner. I’m glad I didn’t have to share it! It can be a little hibby, but agave smoothed that right out.

Had this iced with my lunch this morning :)
Much much better iced than hot! Very tart, but it does have that yoghurt-y taste to it. Definitely taste the strawberries and the yoghurt :) And it did have a very opaque/metallic shimmer to it which I love! I’ve poured about half of my cold brew into my kleen kanteen to entertain myself through my 6hour day today :)

Iced 8 min or more 9 g 24 OZ / 709 ML
VariaTEA

I had the exact same experience. This is definitely a “cold brew ONLY” tea.

This tea was sitting in the cupboard at the office – Bonnie picked up a whole pile of new teas David’s Tea over the weekend.

I was able to get through about half a cup. A little bit too sweet for my taste but I can see drinking it iced in the summer.

I love the way this tea smells, almost like candy. And then when I had my first sip I was surprised at the tart rhubarb accent to the sweet strawberry taste. A great tea for spring and plan to make a cold brew for the fridge.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Aaaand sipdown! I’m meeting up with my tea mule tomorrow and will be getting my orders from Nina’s Paris and Golden Moon, so I’m trying to deplete my stash. I think I can probably sip down another 3 teas tomorrow, thank goodness!

Anyways, I sweetened this one with a spoonful of honey and was very happy with the sweet dregs of the mug. I’m glad I got to try this one, but I’m also happy that I’ve finished it off. No restock for me.

Time for a herbal or I’ll never sleep tonight. Aroma dry is lovely, fruity, creamy with a little hibiscus. It is the rhubarb substitute I guess, since there is no actual rhubarb. Brewed it is still a lovely aroma, smelling like memories of a summer day. (Apparently a very distant memory, since they say it is supposed to snow tonight) The taste is sweet with a little tartness but well balanced. Enjoyable tea that I might actually go out and buy instead of counting on NayLynn in her very generous swaps! Thanks Naylynn! :)

Was a long day, putting together our new dinning room set up that only took 3 hours. Putting the chairs together should not have taken that long, I blame the tiny allan wrench they supplied. Its going to look so good in the new house :) I also purchased a Breville variable temperature kettle! Finally!! Was on sale for $99! I can not wait to try it, my man is making me wait to use it in the new house.

Tonight I am craving something sweet so I thought I shall try my sample of this. Smells way better then I expected. It steeps to a dark red/pink colour. Would look so nice in a class mug. The smell steeped reminds me of a strong tasting strawberry ice-cream. Wow my man would love this tea! He will eat anything that has strawberries in it. This would be a great iced tea, I will have to remember to get some more to try it in the summer.
At first it is very tart but a good tart thankfully to give it that rhubarb flavour. Strawberry flavour is growing on me after each sip. At first the strawberry is artificial, but the after taste is more natural. For once I actually like the yogurt bites. Its not too much but just enough where it resembles ice cream. mmmmm and ice cream is my favourite dessert. This just keeps getting better. But you need to be in the mood for something sweet to drink this.