Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Cream, Strawberry, Tart, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Creamy, Sweet, Tangy, Berries, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Fruity with a subtle creamy taste of yogurt – a bit tart so I sweeten it a little. A very good tea though!

So this my own version of herbal magic. Not weight loss related whatsoever, just the beautiful colour & incredible strawberry-candy taste with a little tartness from the rhubarb. Did I drink this all summer? Yes. Will I drink it all winter to remind me of summer? Yes. Even the yogurt inside is incredible. Totally love it.

Smells really good dry and brewed. Nice fruity taste, the strawberry and rhubarb complement each other nicely. Definitely a re purchase, one of my favourites

A hit among all my guy friends. We spent a hot summer night playing Halo 3 together and, to cool down, iced strawberry rhubarb parfait bit the heat. Not to mention tasted wonderful with just a bit of agave and gave me and the boys enough mojo to beat the blue team!

There is an INTENSE strawberry flavor that will knock your socks off! It’s not like that fake or medicinal strawberry taste; it’s the real thing. I almost feel like I’m drinking strawberry juice or eating strawberry ice cream or sorbet or even a smoothie!

It is such a delicious tea, and the rhubarb really complete it! It is a slight rhubarb taste, but definitely noticeable and it calms down the strawberry flavor

Made this with a spoonful of honey and it was MUCH better. I enjoyed it thoroughly last night as a sweet treat before bed.

I gave my boyfriend a sip though, and his reaction was not so positive.. He thought I was trying to poison him. =(

Very skeptical of this tea iced at first. I’ve had it hot before and it basically tasted like hot strawberry yogurt. Now iced this is a totally different story, tart yet still sweet. And surprisingly I think one of my favourite iced teas. I was in denial saying ehh it’s an ok tea, but the fact that I kept steeping it made me realize: “Okay so maybe I like this more than I originally thought.” Will repurchase :)

This tea is one of my absolute favorite herbal teas. I love strawberry rhubarb pie and I love that there is a tea that is reminiscent of that flavor.

Dry tea aroma: Sun dried strawberries with a hint of tangy yoghurt.

Tea aroma: Primarily tart rhubarb with the subtle smell of sweet strawberries.

Tea color: This tea starts out purple and turns into a deep ruby.

Tea Taste: I love this tea because it is not overly bitter like herbals tend to be. It is a perfect balance of sweet strawberry, bitter rhubarb and tangy yoghurt. Absolutely delicious.

Side note: I find it really odd that there is more carrots in this tea than there is strawberries.. Oh well, whatever works!

Hibiscus. Hibiscus everywhere. Yes, I am one of those people who absolutely cannot stand hibiscus in tea. This tea is overwhelmingly promising. I just want to love it so much. It smells intoxicating dry and punch you in the face delicious once steeped. It does not smell like hibiscus at all. It just smells like thick, sweet, syrupy strawberry goodness. It smells creamy and it is thick in the mouth. It steeps a gorgeous colour as well, akin to Forever Nuts. It’s just a beautiful concoction. And sadly, a little overrated.
I can taste the strawberry, I can taste the thick, buttery goodness you would expect from a pastry. But that hibiscus. It has no place here. As the tea cools, the tartness from the hibiscus (and rhubarb I guess) becomes even more pronounced, which makes it even less drinkable for me, and this is a sad thing indeed. I have enough for one cup left over and I’m still unsure whether I want to cold brew it or just try it hot again and steeped for less time. I think I might add some soy creamer to it to see if it’ll tone down the tartness. This one is so, SO close to being a keeper for me but it just doesn’t quite get there.

I like this tea. It’s fruity, it tart, it’s a little creamy. Not much wrong with it. I thinks is more generic fruity than specifically Strawberry/Rhubarb. I found it hard to find the actual rhubarb flavor. I just found the tartness. That being said, I do like it.