Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Pastries, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla, Berry, Fruity, Tart, Pleasantly Sour, Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Sweet, Yogurt, Tangy, Sour, Berries, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, disclaimer: I’ve never had rhubarb so I have no idea how it’s supposed to taste. This smells like strawberries and cream candy, with a twist that keeps it from being cloyingly sweet. I’m guessing this is the smell of rhubarb. When sipped, there is a strawberry flavor that’s dominated by what I’m assuming is rhubarb. There’s a creaminess that lingers at the end of the sip. It’s nowhere near as sweet as it smells. If this is what strawberry rhubarb things taste like, then I’m a fan of strawberry rhubarb! Random thought, but this would be great with a butter cookie.
Thank you Virginia for this sample! Now that I’m trying all these David’s Teas, my taste buds are very happy but my wallet is about to be extremely sad.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

Suziqzer

Rhubarb by itself is very tart. Think a crunchy celery stalk that makes you pucker like sour candy, only by itself it is not sweet at all. The flavor mostly comes from all of the added sugar … after cooking in down and adding a mountain of sugar the tart/bitterness goes away and it has a flavor of it’s own.

whatshesaid

Oh yeah, strawberries and rhubarb cooked up on the stove with sugar…sooooo good

Virginia

Am I the only one who would have raw rhubarb dipped in sugar as a kid? lol

Suziqzer

My mom would cook it up on the stove with lots of sugar and some tapioca and would serve it as dessert that way. I know most people like it w/strawberries.

I did try it once raw.. and that was enough. I like tart/sour things, but this isn’t one of them :)

TheTeaFairy

Virginia, I totally dipped raw rhubarb in sugar when I was a kid, that’s why I grow my own (actually it grows itself without any care, I get no credit for that!) I even like it raw without any sugar!

Suziqzer

I’m trying to imagine what raw rhubarb with sugar might taste like. I can get how sweet and tart go together, but then add that crunch… can’t quite put it altogether :)

Virginia

So good. SO GOOD. It’s kind of like putting cheeze whiz or peanut butter on celeri: weird texture, but DELICIOUS. Lol.

An anytime tea

I enjoy the tea for its versatility. It’s not heavy nor it is too light. It’s just perfect for any day, any occasion.

One of those get up and go anywhere tea, just beckoning you to take it along on an adventure and explore something beautiful today, even if it just errands.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, The Annunciation of Francesca Dunn
by Janis Hallowell.

TheTeaFairy

Awww! Loved Girl With a The Pearl Earring, book AND movie!!

We celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary a couple weeks ago. :) My husband planned a surprise getaway to NYC, where we saw a new Broadway musical called “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.” It was hilarious! We also had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant in Astoria, ate some awesome udon at Samurai Mama in Brooklyn, and walked over 40 blocks in a single day! We went to Chelsea Market and enjoyed green tea doughnuts and Nutella crepes. Then we walked all the way up Fifth Avenue to Central Park. I bought a tin of Mariage Frères tea from Bergdorf Goodman and tried on an expensive Diane von Furstenberg dress just for fun. Overall, it was an amazing mini-vacation (we were only there for 2 days). I’m the planner in the relationship, so it was especially fun and romantic that he planned this special trip for us. But the trip couldn’t be complete without a stop at DAVIDsTEA!

I ordered a to-go cup of this and asked that they add a small amount of agave. It was really good! I definitely tasted strawberry, sweetness, and something pie-like. It’s probably not something I would buy a large amount of, but I did really enjoy the cup. Now to decide if I should buy another Nordic mug, hmmm…

caile

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a great getaway to celebrate!

Courtney

Happy anniversary! NYC is awesome. :)

CHAroma

Thank you! We had a really great time. :)

Roswell Strange

Happy Anniversary, and many more to come! :)

I love this tea. The yogurt put me off a bit at first but I am growing to enjoy it more and more. I find it well balanced. This is definitely good for those sweet cravings.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

I made this more my evening cup after school a few nights ago.

It smells like fruit punch. I did like the strawberry/ fruity flavour, but I don’t really like hibiscus in my tea. That always seem to come across stronger than I’d like.

Went with whatever show I was watching though.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

This was part of the Easter Tea Trail, so I dumped the whole little tin into my mason jar to coldbrew and it was lovely. Sweet and fruity and a treat after dinner. I’m glad I didn’t have to share it! It can be a little hibby, but agave smoothed that right out.

Had this iced with my lunch this morning :)
Much much better iced than hot! Very tart, but it does have that yoghurt-y taste to it. Definitely taste the strawberries and the yoghurt :) And it did have a very opaque/metallic shimmer to it which I love! I’ve poured about half of my cold brew into my kleen kanteen to entertain myself through my 6hour day today :)

Iced 8 min or more 9 g 24 OZ / 709 ML
VariaTEA

I had the exact same experience. This is definitely a “cold brew ONLY” tea.

This tea was sitting in the cupboard at the office – Bonnie picked up a whole pile of new teas David’s Tea over the weekend.

I was able to get through about half a cup. A little bit too sweet for my taste but I can see drinking it iced in the summer.

I love the way this tea smells, almost like candy. And then when I had my first sip I was surprised at the tart rhubarb accent to the sweet strawberry taste. A great tea for spring and plan to make a cold brew for the fridge.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Aaaand sipdown! I’m meeting up with my tea mule tomorrow and will be getting my orders from Nina’s Paris and Golden Moon, so I’m trying to deplete my stash. I think I can probably sip down another 3 teas tomorrow, thank goodness!

Anyways, I sweetened this one with a spoonful of honey and was very happy with the sweet dregs of the mug. I’m glad I got to try this one, but I’m also happy that I’ve finished it off. No restock for me.