Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Artificial, Butter, Hibiscus, Strawberry, Rhubarb, Yogurt, Bitter, Fruity, Sour, Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Tart, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Milk, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Pastries, Berry, Berries, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2765 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3108 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

i tried this one again as a hot brew and it was really tasty – especially since i drank most of it after it had cooled down to room temp. heh. A really nice creamy strawberry rhubarb cup of tea for the summer.

Kristal

Something I’ll need to purchase once I use up some more teas :)

I really wanted to love this tea, but there was a strange aftertaste that turned me off. There’s just enough sweet strawberry to take the tart edge off the hibiscus and rhubarb. I steeped this for iced tea, and, while I enjoyed it enough to finish my glass, it’s not a tea I would repurchase. It was pleasant, but I wasn’t wowed. This is another blend that I’ll re-home.

Had time to pop into DAVID’s before my marketing exam :)

This one tastes EXACTLY like hot strawberry rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream. I was surprised that it even managed to have a slight cooling effect like ice cream. I did find the rhubarb a little strong for my taste (which would prevent me from buying it over Berry Poppins) and it is a little tart, particularly as it cools. Still, VERY tasty. Even as I’m writing this, I wish I had another cup.

Flavors: Pastries, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla

Fjellrev

Hope your exam went well! Cool that you’re studying marketing. Are you enjoying it?

Fay

Thank you! I think it went pretty well. I’m actually studying accounting, but we need to do an intro to marketing course. It’s pretty cool—not at all what I expected though.

Fjellrev

Ah ok, neat! My friend just finished an accounting diploma and is starting a marketing one. It’s great that they’re giving you a taste of it.

Fay

It’s kind of funny, because a lot of the material covered is similar but the priorities are the complete opposite.

When I first steeped this tea following the instructions, I really hated it. It didn’t taste like much, really. It was like hot strawberry juice diluted with a LOT of water. Yikes.

I tried it iced, it was a bit better but the flavours were still too weak.

The best way to steep this, in my opinion, is not to use a filter. Pour boiling water over it and then let it seep even more overnight in the fridge. Most of the mix stays at the bottom of the jar, I just have to remove three or four pieces at the top with a spoon before I want to drink it.

Boiling 8 min or more

Currently drinking before bed, though I’ve been drinking this (and Cinnaberry) nonstop for the past several days. You could say I’m addicted.

Anyway, the smell of the dry tea/“fruit infusion” is amazing…exactly like a strawberry rhubarb crumble my mom made last week. The brewed tea smells a little off, actually, almost artificial. And the tea tastes like a great combination of the two somehow. A little tart, just like rhubarb, but finishes nice and strawberry-sweet.

I think this would be really great iced, but I’m enjoying it warm too much to stray.

Flavors: Berry, Fruity, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I’m just going to go ahead and admit to myself that this is my favorite David’s tea. I can’t get enough of it. It tastes exactly like strawberry rhubarb pie filling when you add in some honey. And the SMELL. I can’t describe it without getting wide eyed. Tart and sweet. Tangy and smooth. So great when I want something with more flavor around bedtime. This is such a nostalgic flavor for me and it captures it perfectly. Strawberry rhubarb parfait, I wish I knew how to quit you.

I got a sample of this tea, which was perfect because I was worried that the sugar and milk content in the yogurt pieces would be too much for me. Thankfully, it didn’t affect me at all and I was able to enjoy this lovely tea.

This is an okay tea. I actually think I’d like it best cold. It’s called “parfait” but I detect absolutely no creaminess or yogurt in this. Even though it does have yogurt pieces. It’s just a basic fruity and tart tea. Good with sweetener. I probably won’t purchase this again mainly because it’s just run of the mill for me.

Flavors: Pleasantly Sour, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea went above and beyond my expectations. Like, I received a sample in my Davids order and went to the mall the next day to buy a can. My husband who doesn’t even drink tea gave it rave reviews.

I love the strawberry flavour with a bit of tartness. It makes me think of the strawberry rhubarb smoothies I make every summer when both are in season.

Flavors: Strawberry, Tart

2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Phenomenal tea.. very fruity and smooth and the lovely bright red colour really cheers up your day

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

I agree, this flavor is quite delectable.