Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berry, Fruity, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla, Pleasantly Sour, Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Sweet, Yogurt, Tangy, Sour, Berries, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It tasted really good iced at the store. Like a parfait exactly. Bought a sample package, and I mysteriously don’t like it anymore.

I had a packet of this from an online order so I decided to go for it!

I found it was pretty nice in general, though it was quite heavy on the hibiscus and therefore went quite bitter and tart. Perhaps the tart was from the rhubarb, but either way it could have been a lot more balanced.

The yogurt bits also weirded me out…. >.

I can’t seem to bring myself to like this tea! It doesn’t matter how many times I try it, or what I try it in. Every time I drink it, it leaves an overwhelming strawberry taste in the back of my mouth that is so tart I can’t stand it. I will literally drink a different tea just to wash the flavour out of my mouth. Despite its popularity, I definitely give it two thumbs down!

Since I reviewed Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble, I decided I had to drink Parfait and compare directly.

parfait is super bright red a gorgeous color really. The smell both dry and steeped is very odd, fruity, bit with a sour tang. It’s the yogurt. I find the yogurt smell offputting, it smells almost over ripe…
Luckily, the taste, well this cup wasn’t overwhelmed by it.

I’ve found this blend to be fairly inconsistent. I have it where there was a lot of yogurt bits, enough to see white flecks on the top of the tea.

Luckily this time I can not see any, however I can still taste the plain yougurt flavor, which leaves this weird aftertaste….

Ignoring that, the tea is very tart, tasting mostly of hibiscus, with a sourness that I can’t tell if it is meant to be strawberry or rhubarb…

Sweetened with Stevia
First, the tartness is greatly reduced (obviously!). The tea doesn’t taste specifically like strawberry or rhubarb though….
It now just tastes like sweetened hibiscus.

This tea is always a big disappointment for me. It doesn’t taste like strawberry or rhubarb.

Boiling

Probably my favorite type of tea! The strawberry and rhubarb play off each other so nicely and it has a lovely creamy taste. It tastes especially good hot, but can also be iced for a summer treat. It’s really delicious. You must try some. It is slightly heavy but the taste makes up for it :)

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 51 OZ / 1500 ML

This was one of my first purchases from David’s Tea. I do enjoy it, but I wish that I could add some milk or cream to it. I feel like that would be great. Unfortunately, it curdles. And that’s just the nature of this tea, but it’s still a bit of a bummer. The flavour is light and fruity with a bit of vanilla; I definitely taste the strawberry though I can’t really pick out the rhubarb, other than just some tartness. The aroma is very pleasant, both dry and prepared. I do like to give this one extra brewing time. If I do add sugar, I add brown sugar. I tried it once with white sugar and it wasn’t great.

Flavors: Cream, Jam, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea, to me, smells exactly like my strawberry rhubarb pie.

While my boyfriend thinks it’s disgusting to drink a desert, I find this tea delightful. I have steeped it both hot and cold.

When hot, I like to add a small shot of raw agave nectar, I find it brings out some of the strawberry flavour whereas sugar tends to bring out the beetroot in this tea.

Cold, I like to steep it hot first, to make a concentrated shot, and then add the colder water and add fresh tea leaves to continue steeping. I find this boosts the flavour a bit, as cold steeping alone left this tea a little weak for me.

I love to mix this one cold with a little bit of lemonade – really tangy and refreshing on a warm day.

Warm, this goes really well with a cold fruit flan. Brings out the fruit and contrasts with the creaminess of the flan.

Another tea I get to try as part of the Sweet Indulgence pack (thanks husband!!)

Dry: smells somewhat like strawberries, not a very strong smell when dry

Steeped: smells a little like strawberry, a little like yogurt

1st steep: Tastes like a campino! Not get getting much rhubarb, but I am getting the strawberry and the parfait part.

2nd steep: same great flavor, still no rhubarb taste but who cares!

3rd steep: needed some sweetener to bring out the flavor, which changed the flavor a little as well, making it a little more fake strawberry tasting, with hardly any of the creamy yogurt flavor.

Looking forawrd to: trying this iced in the summer!

I bought this tea as an impulse buy when I went to my local Davids looking for Licorice tea and they didn’t have it. I thought I’d try this tisane instead. I didn’t like it at all. It tasted like Campino candies and I don’t really like those sweets. I mean it tastes like it’s supposed to but it didn’t suit my tastes. That being said my 7 year old niece liked it when I gifted it to her. She loved having tea like a grownup with her Baba.