Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Cream, Strawberry, Tart, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Creamy, Sweet, Tangy, Berries, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2358 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Very skeptical of this tea iced at first. I’ve had it hot before and it basically tasted like hot strawberry yogurt. Now iced this is a totally different story, tart yet still sweet. And surprisingly I think one of my favourite iced teas. I was in denial saying ehh it’s an ok tea, but the fact that I kept steeping it made me realize: “Okay so maybe I like this more than I originally thought.” Will repurchase :)

This tea is one of my absolute favorite herbal teas. I love strawberry rhubarb pie and I love that there is a tea that is reminiscent of that flavor.

Dry tea aroma: Sun dried strawberries with a hint of tangy yoghurt.

Tea aroma: Primarily tart rhubarb with the subtle smell of sweet strawberries.

Tea color: This tea starts out purple and turns into a deep ruby.

Tea Taste: I love this tea because it is not overly bitter like herbals tend to be. It is a perfect balance of sweet strawberry, bitter rhubarb and tangy yoghurt. Absolutely delicious.

Side note: I find it really odd that there is more carrots in this tea than there is strawberries.. Oh well, whatever works!

Hibiscus. Hibiscus everywhere. Yes, I am one of those people who absolutely cannot stand hibiscus in tea. This tea is overwhelmingly promising. I just want to love it so much. It smells intoxicating dry and punch you in the face delicious once steeped. It does not smell like hibiscus at all. It just smells like thick, sweet, syrupy strawberry goodness. It smells creamy and it is thick in the mouth. It steeps a gorgeous colour as well, akin to Forever Nuts. It’s just a beautiful concoction. And sadly, a little overrated.
I can taste the strawberry, I can taste the thick, buttery goodness you would expect from a pastry. But that hibiscus. It has no place here. As the tea cools, the tartness from the hibiscus (and rhubarb I guess) becomes even more pronounced, which makes it even less drinkable for me, and this is a sad thing indeed. I have enough for one cup left over and I’m still unsure whether I want to cold brew it or just try it hot again and steeped for less time. I think I might add some soy creamer to it to see if it’ll tone down the tartness. This one is so, SO close to being a keeper for me but it just doesn’t quite get there.

I like this tea. It’s fruity, it tart, it’s a little creamy. Not much wrong with it. I thinks is more generic fruity than specifically Strawberry/Rhubarb. I found it hard to find the actual rhubarb flavor. I just found the tartness. That being said, I do like it.

I’m glad I wait until three or four cups later to review teas, because initially I would have rated this tea very low. However, it is probably one of the best teas as far as the hot/iced factor is concerned. It’s good both ways (although my preference is iced).

There is a trick with this tea, however – I use less tea than what they say to use. That way, the tea doesn’t get too tart. The first time I made this tea, all I tasted was tart and it was really terrible. However, I made a pot of it with about the same amount as a cup and it turned out beautifully and impressed ALL of my friends (yes, all).

I don’t get any of the crust flavour that people keep going on about. For me, it’s strictly strawberry, rhubarb, hibiscus. A bit of apple. That’s it. It’s going to make a fantastic fall iced tea!

Got a cup of this at David’s Tea the other day. It was so much more than I expected – this might be my favorite herbal tea. It’s fruity with a nice tart bite to it and a hint of granola or yogurt or something that makes the “parfait” in the name very apt. It smells of strawberry and granola, but the tart side of strawberry instead of the artificial sweet side. It tastes just like it smells, and a little bit of brown sugar helps bring out the sweet side. The color of this tea starts off a pretty red and develops into is a deep magenta. I was worried about oversteeping when I walked out the door with the t-sac still in my cup but this tea seems to get better over time and it didn’t become bitter or unpalatable. Only thing I didn’t like is that I couldn’t get a second steep out of it!

This tea was absolutely wonderful. Originally went in to buy the Strawberry White at David’s Tea but the staff member was nice enough to recommend this one instead. It’s very strong in terms of strawberry flavour. Haven’t tried it iced yet but I think it would be amazing — perhaps with some lemonade mixed in.

The description for the tea says its great used as a base for sangria — I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried that or not? Let me know your recipe and how it turned out!

One of my favourite herbal teas. It’s tart and fruity. I normally don’t like any teas with any hint of dairy in it but the yogurt bits make this tea.

I love this tea it has become my new favourite. It’s sweet and tart and generally tasty. Warms up my coldest days and helps me relax after a long day.

Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait is my go to tea. It reminds me of visiting my grandparents when I was little. It has a wonderful sweetness and tartness. I usually start my day with a cup of this and when customers ask me “What my Favorite Tea is” all of my coworkers instantly know to pass this one to me!