Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berries, Cream, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1344 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Also had Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait today!

This herbal infusion is not for the weak of heart (like my boyfriend, haha!) Its tart flavour is very present, and even becomes too strong if you steep it more than 4-5 minutes. Still, when you pour it into your cup and glance at that beautiful, lovely-smelling red liquid, it warms your heart on a cold November day like little other teas. The rhubarb is very well balanced with the strawberry, but I might have enjoyed even more creaminess than it already has. The hibiscus adds a welcome floral layer once the tartiness has subdued a little.

I enjoyed it, but because of the strong tartness my boyfriend didn’t like it so much, so this is not going in my tea cupboard.

I really prefer this one coldsteeped or iced. The flavour profile is really layered and tasty: strawberry is the first note that emerges through the steep, and then the rubarb comes out and it gets more and more tart, while balanced by the sweetness of the strawberries. This one has more of a summer feel for me, so I don’t imaging revisiting this regularly during the winter, but it is quite good hot as well. I’d recommend it.

Iced 8 min or more

I received this as one of three samples in my first DAVIDsTEA order. Living in Albany NY, I am not fortunate to live near a DAVIDsTEA. sigh

Dry Smell: strawberry and yogurt. or strawberry ice cream. Either way there is a creamy strawberry smell the moment you open the bag.

Steeped Smell: Creamy strawberry smell is still there, but most of the creaminess is gone and in its place is a tart sweet smell. Whether it is the hibiscus or the rhubarb I am not sure

Taste: HOT At first, it is just tart. But not in a bad way. I’m a big fan of hibiscus, whether it is mixed in to a blend or straight up, hot or iced. I’m not really getting rhubarb though. Once you swallow, the creaminess and the strawberry comes back and lingers in a very nice way. I’m sure if I steeped this for less time the tartness wouldn’t be as prominent. Overall, I would definitely buy some of this and play with it to see how I liked it best. A note on the color: This is the most wonderful deep ruby color. I like my tea stronger, so it almost looks like blood. Which is fitting since I am sitting here after work watching True Blood :) Mmmm, Joe Mangianello, mmmm. cough anywho…
COLD I took the other half of my mug and put a big ice chunk in it and swirled it around to make a quick and dirty iced tea. It is not as intense, but the flavor is still there. The tartness seems to have dissipated a bit, letting that strawberry ice cream flavor shine through. To be honest, I always prefer tea hot, but this would definitely be a nice treat on a hot day, which I hope those are all behind us.

This is one of the best teas that I’ve ever had. The flavor combination is flawless, to me anyways.

Boiling 8 min or more

In my opinion, nothing pairs better with ice cream than a good fruit tea.

While hot, there’s a sweetness and a bit of flavour, but I can taste it more once it’s cooled down a bit. It’s actually best while still moderately warm but not hot — the temperature matches well with the tart, sweet, creamy taste.

Yum!

I was expecting that there would be a noticeable strawberry taste, or that it would taste like strawberry rhubarb pie. That wasn’t the case. It had a nice deep red colour, and was pleasant enough on first tasting. I added a teaspoon of honey which improved it for me. I could certainly taste the hibiscus, which I think is the more dominant flavour here. It reminded me of one of several red, hibiscus infused teas from Stash. I think there are better fruit infusions out there, but I did enjoy the fact that you can eat the fruit afterwards.

Day #7 of the advent calendar! This is one of my favourite blends to make iced tea from, but I had never tried it hot until today – and it is still freaking delicious. Nice and tart, no need for a sweetener of any kind. I can see a cup of this as being a good go-to tea this winter!

This was another tea sample that I received in DAVIDs Sweet Indulgence sampler pack and despite the fact that I love strawberries and rhubarb, I wasn’t initially excited to try this tea due to the word “parfait” in its name. I’m glad I gave it a shot shortly after I opened the package.

The smell immediately drew me in to this tea. It was very sweet and reminded me of being in a bakery. I found it to taste sweet (the strawberries) and slightly tart (the rhubarb). Luckily, the sweetness was more powerful, but you could taste the tartness just enough to give that sweetness some kick. I found this tea to taste similar to a strawberry and cream candy.

I’ll have to give this one another shot tomorrow. I know I really enjoyed it, but can’t recall if it was one I loved enough to place on my shopping list.

I so badly wanted to love this tea! It smells FANTASTIC in the bag – creamy strawberry with a hint of rhubarb. Unfortunately, I found when it was brewed that the tart rhubarb completely outweighed the other flavours. I added some agave, but unfortunately it made the strawberry way too sweet and still didn’t cut through the tartness. :( This was most disappointing since it smells so nice!

Gabriela

Too bad. This one is my favorite tea…. Maybe try a shorter steep time?

I only had this hot and the first hit of flavor I got was a tart/sweet taste from the strawberry and rhubarb. As the tea cooled, there came the creaminess. Just like strawberries and cream. Exactly like a strawberry campino candy. I’m sure this is great iced.