Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Cream, Strawberry, Tart, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Creamy, Sweet, Tangy, Berries, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1887 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I received this as a sample with my order. I didn’t care for the tart flavor common in many fruit and hibiscus teas, but if you like those tea varieties, the strawberry flavor in this tea does taste real as opposed to that “fake fruit” flavor. I will say it really did smell lovely. I don’t care for sugar in my teas, but adding a little sweetener here did help counteract the tartness.

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

Very nice iced tea. Slightly sweet, more strawberry than rhubarb flavor, but you can taste the rhubarb. Sweetening it brings out the flavor a bit more, but I tend to prefer it unsweetened.

Tart strawberry dessert tea makes me want to add milk. Milk will curdle if hibiscus is in it. My son and i did a small experiment: we cold brewed one and iced one, the milk added to the cold brew did not curdle and the one brewed hot and iced did. There is still the possibility that one had more hibiscus than the other and could effect the curdling.

Tart sweet strawberries and creamy yogurt bits, My son thinks we should get more but I’m not sure because any time I give a choice he never chooses this one.

This tea was on my to-buy list every time I went to DavidsTea but I always backed out last minute because I was never sure I would like it. I hate hate hate hibiscus, and the thought of drinking a tart tea (despite my love for strawberry) would surely prevent me from enjoying this tea.

Yeah, I was wrong. There are some teas that from the very first sip, you get that pleasurable tingling all down your spine because it’s THAT good. You all know the feeling, right? I’m not crazy? Okay.

It’s all strawberry and rhubarb goodness with a creamy finish. A re-steep of the leaves is not so bad, either. Would definitely recommend to those who like strawberry yogurt!

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Tart

This tea made me so angry because I really wanted to like it. It smelled delicious but unfortunately the hibiscus took over. I do not think the rhubarb really helped either because the after-taste is so darn tart. Ugh, I really don’t like tangy tea. Sorry. The smell is so creamy though, and I may actually go on a mission to find a strawberries and cream tea. That actually sounds good!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

My new favourite tea… by a long-shot.

I can’t get over how well the sweetness of the strawberry and creaminess of the yogurt blends with the tanginess/tartness of the rhubarb. Sooooooo yummmmmy!

It tastes absolutely wonderful hot or iced. I can’t decide which way I like better!!

EDIT: After having this tea for a while, I’ve come to the conclusion that I really don’t like it as much as I thought. I still love it iced, however I think I’m starting to detest it hot. I took one sip of it today and dumped the whole cup down the drain. I just can’t take the hot water and extreme tart mix anymore. Is it still a good tea? Yes. Worth a 100 rating? No, not in my eyes (at least not anymore.) Also my taste in tea is changing. I think the fact that this is a herbal throws me off a bit… I like to know that I’m actually drinking some type of REAL tea leaves.

Oh well, I’d still absolutely recommend it iced to anyone! But I’ve changed the rating from 100 to 80. No longer a favourite of mine. :/

Flavors: Creamy, Strawberry, Sweet, Tangy, Tart

This wasn’t like other strawberry teas I’ve tried. Often the strawberry flavor is too much, but this tea tastes creamier. It’s kinda nice actually. If you’re a big strawberry fan, this is the tea to buy! Too many other strawberry teas are overwhelming, but this one is just right (:

Here I am again. I’m sorry I haven’t updated, but I also haven’t been drinking much in the way of tea, although that’s a lie because I have been drinking iced tea. No excuses.

Actually, I’m just hear to say that this tea is terrible iced. It tastes like strawberry yogurt milky water, and I never want to be made to feel I’m drinking watery yogurt. It’s ok though, because this used up my entire sample, so onwards and upwards, I guess. I’m going to be tossing what’s left in the pticher (which is pretty much all of it actually), but ’aint nobody got time for bad tea, I say.

carry on, folks. Let this week end.

Cheri

You can’t know until you try it…or someone else tries it first!

Courtney

I agree about bad tea. My friend drinks everything and says she just can’t throw away bad stuff. Thank goodness we do not have that problem. Life is too short!

keychange

Oh god I know. I keep reading about people who choke down awful sip down after awful sip down and I’m like waaaaahhh why are you doing this to yourself?!?!?!

lolainred

just thinking about what that had to taste like makes me a bit queasy!

Angrboda

I agree about bad tea. Why force yourself to drink something you don’t like? If it was a pizza with something on it that you discovered you didn’t like, you’d pick that off too instead of forcing yourself to eat it, wouldn’t you? I don’t understand what the difference is. Out with it, either to the bin or to someone else.

keychange

Yes I totally agree. And people may think it’s wasteful, but I also think needlessly assaulting my tastebuds is wasting tastebud wattage on bad choices. Bad idea!

Angrboda

The wasteful argument doesn’t really fly with me. It’s also wasteful to force something down you don’t enjoy rather than give it to someone else who might enjoy it. And whether you toss it or struggle through it, the leaf is equally gone.

(deleted for editing and reposted)

DeliriumsFrogs

Euck… watery yogurt drink. I’m glad you tossed that pitcher out.
(and yes… let this week end!)

Cheri

“tastebud wattage” Hahahahah!!! I love it!

keychange

hahaha! yes, let this week be gone gone gone! also, ang, great argument about the leaves being equally gone.

mj

I was considering trying to cold brew the rest of my sample. Thanks to you, I’ll pass! Yogurt water…blech

keychange

mj1851, I honestly don’t know how anyone could enjoy this one, but I suppose you just never know. It absolutely tastes like strawberry yogurt water, though. Maybe it’s better hot? or maybe you’ll cold brew it and fall in love LOL.

Terri HarpLady

I’m down with all of the above, especially the ‘no time for bad tea’ comment! That made me smile! With as much tea as most of us have in our cupboards, why let something undesirable take up residency? I think that’s really one of my favorite things about samples & tea trades, that we get to try something & ask, “Do I really need to buy this?”
Usually for me the answer is no, although occasionally I find something hoardworthy, LOL.

Cheri

I feel the same way, Terri HarpLady. I have found a couple that I’ve gone out to buy, but mostly I just enjoy trying the things in the boxes and whatnot and just go from there. (Then again, I’m about to place a huge Butiki order as soon as I hear back from Stacy, and there have been a couple of others lately that I am enjoying and I want more of.)

OMGsrsly

It works better made hot and iced, IMO. But I’ve only had it in-store.

Dexter

I agree OMG – I just make it hot and let it cool – put it in the fridge. I think you need the hot water to “melt” the yogurt bits.

keychange

I did make it hot and then added ice…ah well, can’t please ’em all, I guess.

OMGsrsly

Now I want to try it again to see if I get the yogurt-water taste! :)