Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Sour, Tangy, Pastries, Vanilla, Berry, Fruity, Pleasantly Sour, Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Yogurt, Berries, Almond, Apple, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

I had this as a cold brew recently. One problem with doing a good deal of sipdowns is that I find I cannot log them as tasting notes as frequently as I am drinking them away. I had this either early last week or last the week before, maybe? Anyway, I recall that it was a good representation of the strawberry rhubarb combination. It was nice on a warm day. That being said, the more tisanes of fruit I have the more the hibiscus seems to be more pronounced in each individual blend. I think it might be time to take a break from these for a bit.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Oh yuck – I brewed this cold and it was pretty disgusting. I am going to try to add sweetener and/or lemonade to be able to drink it – but otherwise this was just plain nasty!

First let me freely admit that I’m biased against this tea because of the hibiscus and beetroot. I chose this tea as a free sample pack on a recent David’s order without looking closely at the ingredients. Dried, this tea smells amazing and just like I envisioned from the name. However, I find the flavour very different from the aroma and unfortunately for me the hibiscus and beetroot dominate the palate and overpower the more subtle strawberry and cream notes that I was hoping for. That said, if I was to try it again in the future, I would try a shorter steep to lessen the tart hibiscus and earthy beetroot notes.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

Delicious sweet and tart

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry

MAN, I need to get back into writing notes for all the teas I drink. Though I expect I’ll have a little more free time soon… just finishing up a fixed-term work contract where my post is being restructured and downgraded, so back into the temp pool I go. When did I go from “just getting a day job in the meantime while I look for ways to do what I’d rather be doing” to “being forced to spend so much time looking for a day job that there’s no time left to look for ways to do what I’d rather be doing anyway because it turns out finding a day job is just as hard as becoming showrunner of Doctor Who”?

As for the tea, YES. I bought it while visiting family back in Canada because it was hot as balls out there, and I needed something I could cold-brew that my husband would like as much as me. And we love rhubarb more than sense. Good Gosh, rhubarb is good. So is this. Needs a touch of sweetening to bring out the flavours properly when it’s cold, but it’s making me a little sad that David’s TEA don’t ship to the UK because this is fit. Guess I’ll either have to see if T2 or somebody stock anything similar, or see if I can convince my brother to ship me tea in exchange for things they can’t get in Canada…

And I’ve missed you guys! How are you?

BUSY. xx

i tried this one again as a hot brew and it was really tasty – especially since i drank most of it after it had cooled down to room temp. heh. A really nice creamy strawberry rhubarb cup of tea for the summer.

Something I’ll need to purchase once I use up some more teas :)

I really wanted to love this tea, but there was a strange aftertaste that turned me off. There’s just enough sweet strawberry to take the tart edge off the hibiscus and rhubarb. I steeped this for iced tea, and, while I enjoyed it enough to finish my glass, it’s not a tea I would repurchase. It was pleasant, but I wasn’t wowed. This is another blend that I’ll re-home.

Had time to pop into DAVID’s before my marketing exam :)

This one tastes EXACTLY like hot strawberry rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream. I was surprised that it even managed to have a slight cooling effect like ice cream. I did find the rhubarb a little strong for my taste (which would prevent me from buying it over Berry Poppins) and it is a little tart, particularly as it cools. Still, VERY tasty. Even as I’m writing this, I wish I had another cup.

Flavors: Pastries, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla

Hope your exam went well! Cool that you’re studying marketing. Are you enjoying it?

Thank you! I think it went pretty well. I’m actually studying accounting, but we need to do an intro to marketing course. It’s pretty cool—not at all what I expected though.

Ah ok, neat! My friend just finished an accounting diploma and is starting a marketing one. It’s great that they’re giving you a taste of it.

It’s kind of funny, because a lot of the material covered is similar but the priorities are the complete opposite.