Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Cream, Hibiscus, Pastries, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt, Apple, Berry, Creamy, Vanilla, Artificial, Soap, Milk, Butter, Bitter, Fruity, Sour, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Berries, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 3130 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

Oh hello, and who are you? I was hesitant about this particular tea. I was expecting a tea that was heavy on hibiscus, too tart, and perhaps a little one dimensional. Perhaps something a little artificial and uninspired.
This was not the cup of tea that I indulged in. It was tart, but in a juicy and bright way. It was sweet, but not cloying. It had layers of flavor that included yogurt and pastry. Creamy without being too rich. All around a delicious treat before bed. I’m picky with my dessert teas and this certainly has earned a spot in the rotation. A true homage to a fresh baked strawberry rhubarb tart.

Flavors: Cream, Hibiscus, Pastries, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt

MrQuackers

One of my top picks :)

This was my very first loose leaf (and DAVIDsTEA) steep at home. I used my new DAVIDsTEA Rosy Pink Origami Travel Mug and because I couldn’t figure out how to get my electric kettle to work, I just boiled some water in the microwave using a glass Pyrex measuring cup. I then poured it into the mug and then used my new Pink DAVIDsTEA Perfect Scoop to measure out 1 Perfect Scoop to put in the infuser and steeped for 5 minutes exactly. I think it came out WAAYY too hot bc I put the water in the microwave for too long. I also left in the “leaves” in longer than I should have after the steeping time. I think it came out too strong, but even still I LOVE the hibiscus!!! But maybe it would have been more balanced if I didn’t steep as long or leave the leaves in while drinking? Anyhow, I don’t see it being one of my “everyday” teas, even though I rated it quite high. I think next time I am going to only use half a Perfect Scoop (if that’s possible to get exact enough). It will be less calories too….10 calories for 16.9 ounces instead of 20 calories :-P

My Personal Notes

Personal Rating (1-5)? : 3.75/4.0
Amount? : 1 scoop, DAVIDsTEA Perfect Scoop
Water Volume? : 16 oz.
Steep Time? : 5 minutes 0 Seconds
Water Temperature? : Unknown
Had Hot/Cold? (Prefer?) : Hot (Prefer-Prob. Cold?)
Smell? : Fake Strawberry Cream Candle/Tart
Taste? : Flowery/Fruity/Less Creamy than expected
Allergic? : Slightly/Maybe-Hibiscus?
Added Sugar? : Yes
Caffeine? : No
Special Prep (add milk, add honey, etc.)? : No

Flavors: Apple, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 499 ML

The smell almost ruins this for me. It’s an artifical yogurt-covered strawberry scent. It’s very tart. Definitely needs sweetener. In the first steep all I tasted was hibiscus. The second steep brought out the artifical strawberry yogurt flavor.

DAVID’s Tea Advent Calendar Day 16:

Well, I definitely got the strawberry. That was nice. The beetroot makes it quite a festive pink. At first I thought the zing of the hibiscus was rather mellow, a nice bit of tang to offset the almost artificial sweetness. But the more I drink, the more sour and zing-y it becomes. That may be the exact quality that others enjoy in this tea. Not me. If I was at a friend’s and she served this, I would drink it to be polite. That ois pretty much all I have to say about this tea.

yum yum yum! Tastes just like pie. I prefer it hot, but my one friend loves it iced. To each his own it goes either way :) It tastes like those capinco candies that are swirled with strawberries and cream

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

Here’s Hoping TTB

This one has been in the back of my mind but I decided over the summer that I wouldn’t be buying any more tea for the rest of the year….. that didn’t happen but I was adamant of that when this was on the shelves in Davids. I’m so happy there’s a few teaspoons of it in the box.

I had this cold. It’s vaguely creamy with heavy hibiscus but it isn’t sharp/clean feeling in my mouth (not a bad thing) I’m not really getting the rhubarb flavor to this but I am getting the berry/strawberry flavor which is what I was looking forward to. I noticed in the flavor profile beetroot is mentioned and I do get a liiiittle bit of that flavor. Overall, this one is surprisingly delicious.

Flavors: Berry, Creamy, Hibiscus, Strawberry

tea-sipper

I’m glad there was some of this in the teabox for you! I bought a ton of this year myself. Couldn’t resist. Whoops. :D

I really liked this one! The flavor was nice and distinct. Nothing tasted watered down and I enjoyed every sip. Got this as a sample and will be buying more!

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla

Smells overwhelmingly like lip gloss, very artificial and waxy. Tastes like how a strawberry-infused soap smells. I’ve loved a lot of DAVIDsTEA’s fruity blends, but this is just not for me.

Flavors: Artificial, Soap, Strawberry