Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt, Tangy, Berries, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2085 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

Deep, rich, and velvety looking color. Never have I seen water such a color. It almost looks like blood and I’m kinda creeped out. My Delta biscoff cookie taste great dunked in it. Odd aroma and ingredients. Carrots?

Ok trying without the biscoff now. Sorry not liking this one. Think I got my hopes up too much. It’s too tart. And the hibiscus is overwhelming. Blah… Also I think the use of milk powder is unnecessary. Can’t even tell it’s there. Maybe I should have added something….

I’m not rating this as fruit teas are not really my thing anyway. I was hoping this I would like this would taste like a strawberry rhubarb crumble but all I really got was an overwhelmingly yogurty taste. I made this hot and added a bit of milk to complement the strawberry yogurt, it was kind of like drinking melted strawberry frozen yogurt. I cant figure out if milk belongs with this tea or not.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was disappointed with this tea. It smells absolutely scrumptious when it is brewed but it was too tart for me. The first few sips I could definitely taste the strawberry but after that it just started to taste sour. I will try this with some rock sugar and see if that makes it any better (although I generally do not like to sweeten my teas). I didn’t taste any notes of cream in this tea but I’m still willing to give it another chance.

This tea smells just like a strawberry creamsaver candy tastes. The sweet berry scent of the steeped tea is balanced by the tart rhubarb and hibiscus tastes. It is certainly creamy. I then added a bit of sugar, which played up the strawberry part, but I think the tea was better without sweetener. I can’t get over the artificial flavor aftertaste though, it ruins this for me. I finished the tea about 15 minutes ago and the artificial taste is still lingering. I have no desire to try this iced, and would not purchase.

This tea was a very strong, fruity, tart taste. I enjoyed it, but I could never finish a cup of it because I could never find myself in a mood to enjoy it fully.

Yum!

This was another of the samples I got when I ordered my 24 Days of Tea advent calendar (is it December 1st yet??) and I tried it tonight before bed. Dry, this smells really sweet, so I was worried that it would be nauseating, but the hibiscus and rhubarb balance the sweetness of the strawberry nicely. There’s a creamy finish to this, owing to the yogurt, I’m sure. This is a really nice dessert tea, and I’m sure it’s better for me than a bowl of ice cream.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Yogurt

This tastes like what it says – there’s distinct strawberry and rhubarb notes, with some tang, tartness and creaminess that’s very reminiscent of yoghurt. The hibiscus tart has a little more punch to it than I’d like, so I added a bit of sugar to sweeten it up, and a splash of milk to emphasize the creaminess.

It’s a nice cup, very drinkable, and delivers on the promised flavours, but nothing too exciting. Worth trying but probably not something I’ll keep in my cupboard once I’ve sipped down the sample.

Flavors: Creamy, Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart, Yogurt

This tea was an offering from my cousin. He made a teapot full of it. The smell was overwhelmingly fruity. With a name like Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, I had high hopes for it. Unfortunately I was disappointed, it was just okay. I could taste the strawberry with a little bit of tartness and a whole lot of sweetness. Way too sweet for me, bordering on cloying. It was so sweet that it actually made me feel nauseous. I am not a fan of overly sweet teas. I wish a little more of the rhubarb flavour was present but I had a hard time detecting it from the strong strawberry flavour. It wasn’t offensive or horrible but I wouldn’t run out and buy any for myself. Maybe this would be better iced than it is hot, I’m not sure but it might be worth a try. Definitely not for me but I could see someone with a sweet tooth loving this.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sweet, Tart