Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla, Yogurt, Apple, Hibiscus, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Creamy, Sour, Fruity, Tangy, Pastries, Berry, Cream, Sweet, Berries, Almond, Jam
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2382 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

I got this as a sample in my order and I am not impressed with this one. I’m not a fan of fruity teas anyway so I’m not surprised. Smells amazing dry and in the cup, but I feel like most fruity herbal teas all taste the same. Its not terrible but not one I would buy. All I can taste is very sour strawberry and a hint of yogurt. Might be better with sweetener though.

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry, Vanilla, Yogurt

On Friday, I gave this tea a final shot. I’ve decided to up my rating. I steeped 3/4 tsp in 1/2 a cup. It seemed so meager, but I didn’t want my sample to go to waste.

Oh my goodness— I don’t know what happened but I finally got this tea. I got in from DDing my boyfriend to some party across town, and sat down to continue my marathon of Friends on Netflix while this steeped. The tea wasn’t cloyingly tart or sweet. It started to remind me a little more of Berry Poppins.

Perhaps I will have to break down and buy some of this. It would be perfect for a night time before bed kind of tea, or perhaps something to put in the pitcher next summer.

EDIT: Looks like I’ve mixed up all my David’s tart herbals. I went in last week thinking this was a tea I’d already tried, and it wasn’t. I was mixing up Berry Refreshing, Berry Poppins, and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. Now I feel better.

Flavors: Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Definitely recommend making a cold brewed pitcher of this!

Ooh sounds like a nice summer treat :). Thanks for the tip!

awesome review! i shall try this tea someday

A deliciously fruity, tangy tea. I imagined a strawberry tea would be strikingly sweet, but the rhubarb luckily prevents this from happening. This tea brews a lovely deep ruby colour and smells sweet and creamy thanks to the yogurt bits. All the promised flavour notes are detectable and combine to create a yummy dessert tea that doesn’t overpower with sugar at all.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

Came back to up the score of this baby. I used a tbsp of tea and left it soaking in my Halloween mug while I took a shower. I don’t know the exact time, but it was 20+ minutes before I went back to it, and holy flavour! I can distinctly taste the Apple, hibiscus and strawberry. I take back the comment about being so-so hot. It just needed more time to make it yummy.
This was so-so hot, but made a delightful tea pop. It was almost cream soda like, but without the overwhelming sweetness of an actual cream soda. I followed the guide on David’s Tea blog, except I doubled the steep time.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I had this as a cold brew recently. One problem with doing a good deal of sipdowns is that I find I cannot log them as tasting notes as frequently as I am drinking them away. I had this either early last week or last the week before, maybe? Anyway, I recall that it was a good representation of the strawberry rhubarb combination. It was nice on a warm day. That being said, the more tisanes of fruit I have the more the hibiscus seems to be more pronounced in each individual blend. I think it might be time to take a break from these for a bit.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Oh yuck – I brewed this cold and it was pretty disgusting. I am going to try to add sweetener and/or lemonade to be able to drink it – but otherwise this was just plain nasty!

First let me freely admit that I’m biased against this tea because of the hibiscus and beetroot. I chose this tea as a free sample pack on a recent David’s order without looking closely at the ingredients. Dried, this tea smells amazing and just like I envisioned from the name. However, I find the flavour very different from the aroma and unfortunately for me the hibiscus and beetroot dominate the palate and overpower the more subtle strawberry and cream notes that I was hoping for. That said, if I was to try it again in the future, I would try a shorter steep to lessen the tart hibiscus and earthy beetroot notes.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart