Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berries, Cream, Jam, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1363 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it's supposed to be Strawberry *Rhubarb*, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I'm getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait
The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I received this as a sample with my order. I didn’t care for the tart flavor common in many fruit and hibiscus teas, but if you like those tea varieties, the strawberry flavor in this tea does taste real as opposed to that “fake fruit” flavor. I will say it really did smell lovely. I don’t care for sugar in my teas, but adding a little sweetener here did help counteract the tartness.

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

I made this more my evening cup after school a few nights ago.

It smells like fruit punch. I did like the strawberry/ fruity flavour, but I don’t really like hibiscus in my tea. That always seem to come across stronger than I’d like.

Went with whatever show I was watching though.

Flavors: Berries

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

This was part of the Easter Tea Trail, so I dumped the whole little tin into my mason jar to coldbrew and it was lovely. Sweet and fruity and a treat after dinner. I’m glad I didn’t have to share it! It can be a little hibby, but agave smoothed that right out.

Had this iced with my lunch this morning :)
Much much better iced than hot! Very tart, but it does have that yoghurt-y taste to it. Definitely taste the strawberries and the yoghurt :) And it did have a very opaque/metallic shimmer to it which I love! I’ve poured about half of my cold brew into my kleen kanteen to entertain myself through my 6hour day today :)

Iced 8 min or more 9 g 24 OZ / 709 ML
VariaTEA

I had the exact same experience. This is definitely a “cold brew ONLY” tea.

This tea was sitting in the cupboard at the office – Bonnie picked up a whole pile of new teas David’s Tea over the weekend.

I was able to get through about half a cup. A little bit too sweet for my taste but I can see drinking it iced in the summer.

I love the way this tea smells, almost like candy. And then when I had my first sip I was surprised at the tart rhubarb accent to the sweet strawberry taste. A great tea for spring and plan to make a cold brew for the fridge.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Aaaand sipdown! I’m meeting up with my tea mule tomorrow and will be getting my orders from Nina’s Paris and Golden Moon, so I’m trying to deplete my stash. I think I can probably sip down another 3 teas tomorrow, thank goodness!

Anyways, I sweetened this one with a spoonful of honey and was very happy with the sweet dregs of the mug. I’m glad I got to try this one, but I’m also happy that I’ve finished it off. No restock for me.

Time for a herbal or I’ll never sleep tonight. Aroma dry is lovely, fruity, creamy with a little hibiscus. It is the rhubarb substitute I guess, since there is no actual rhubarb. Brewed it is still a lovely aroma, smelling like memories of a summer day. (Apparently a very distant memory, since they say it is supposed to snow tonight) The taste is sweet with a little tartness but well balanced. Enjoyable tea that I might actually go out and buy instead of counting on NayLynn in her very generous swaps! Thanks Naylynn! :)