Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Berry, Milk, Tart, Artificial, Butter, Hibiscus, Strawberry, Rhubarb, Yogurt, Bitter, Fruity, Sour, Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Pastries, Berries, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2866 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3132 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

This tea smells strongly like strawberry but the strawberry taste is not overwhelming. This tea starts with a sweet berry flavor and ends with a slightly tart flavor. I might call it tangy. My first reaction to the “parfait” side of this tea is that yes, I taste a vague hint of something milky (this tea contains yogurt pieces) but this part of the flavor is not overly strong. I discovered later that this flavor sinks to the bottom so the farther I got into my tea the stronger this aspect of the taste was for me. I have tried this tea both hot and cold. I would not say that one is better than the other. I like this tea and will enjoy the amount I have purchased but I am not ready to race to the store to get more. Update: I’m almost out of this and despite my original notation of not being ready to race to get more, I believe I may be ready soon. LOL. Apparently this one has grown on me. Update 2: Yeah, I ordered more. This has become a staple for me. Increasing my rating accordingly.

Flavors: Berry, Milk, Tart

This is a tasty tisane. But I think it will be better iced. I get a variety of notes, mainly strawberry but perhaps the rhubarb too. I think there is a creamy note too. I think this blend has yogurt in it.

I steeped this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 minutes.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sample from Tea in Spoon’s stash sale. Thank you!

This tastes like strawberries, hibiscus, and artificial butter flavoring. It’s a really strange combination. I don’t think I particularly like it, but it’s not terrible either.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Hibiscus, Strawberry

Well, color me surprised.
This was sent as a sample in a past David’s order, and it lived, ignored, in my samples bowl, for quite a while. But tonight I am determined to make a dent in the tea collection, and so out it comes!
And it smells amazing. Like totally a sweet strawberry parfait with a creamy yogurt sweetness.
As happens sometimes with David’s blends, the smell is richer than the taste, but its actually a really pleasant fruit infusion. I’m enjoying this cup way more than I thought I would. Well done, Davids!

Sami Kelsh

Oh man, I love this tea. I’ve been hoarding the small bag I picked up last summer in Canada because rhubarb. Are you having it hot, or iced? I’ve only done it as a cold brew, but nom.

Evol Ving Ness

One of my favourites too.

Rosehips

I had it hot, but I can see that it would be a great coldbrew too!

I love this tea!!! It is fantastic iced on a hot day. I wish it could be a little bit tangier, but a very delicious tea!

This is so creamy despite being a fruity herbal tea, probably because of the yogurt bits. I added a little raw honey, but it honestly didn’t even need it. This tea is very sweet, but the tartness of the hibiscus balances the flavor out perfectly. I really wish I liked iced teas because this would probably be even better cold.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Yogurt

This is a little bitter hot; I recommend it iced.
The iced version brings out the sweetness in the strawberry and dials back the bitter note of the rhubarb (?). The yogurt lingers on the tongue and is tasty. It’s a little too sharp to be my go-to, but I do really enjoy it.
Two friends tried this with me. One liked it hot AND iced. The other straight-up hated it. Thankfully, the friend who likes it best is the one who owns it.
This tea reminds me of the type of person who is generally great but sometimes feels the need to “tell it to you straight.” And you aren’t sure you wanted that friend to tell you that you looked fat in those particular jeans. Or that your your partner needs a haircut. Or that your dog barks too much. Like, they’re RIGHT, but I’M NOT READY TO HEAR THAT. Dial back on the SASS.

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity, Strawberry, Yogurt

Here’s Hoping TTB

I love a good fruity herbal tisane when it’s done well, but I do NOT like hibiscus and feel that its inclusion ruins the vast majority of teas in this category. This one was no exception. It did smell like rhubarb, but the flavor was mainly hibiscus with a hint of fruitiness and an unpleasantly sour aftertaste. Not a fan!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Sour